Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829120 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 8:07am On Jul 13, 2015
helloCanada:
Hello Solomonwis,Damkollins et al,

I trust you are all doing well. I submitted a bank certification letter (on my personal account) when I applied for the FSWP last year. I have since started a business and and would like to submit this business account when an updated POF is requested. I moved most of the funds to start this business and my personal account is not well funded but the business account is. I have all the business registration documents. Will this be a problem?

Kindly advise.

No problem since you are the owner of the new account.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 13, 2015
Hello house, am i the only one having spambot problem, i get banned for when i try to comment on this thread. Is therea a way out?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2015
candykenni:
Hello all,

I am the principal applicant and WES evaluation is awaiting document verification from institution. Is it mandatory for WES to evaluate dependent's(spouse) education with SSCE (since he can't use his B.Sc. due to inconsistent D.O.B?
i hope Nairaland spambot doesn't ban me again.
check this out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
doing your spouse's SSCE ECA may only add about 4 points to your total. i would advise you do it since your chance in the EE pool increases with points. meanwhile, as a realist, are you willing to spend about 70k for 4 or so points?
isn't there a way out of the age disparity on his certificates if he swears an affidavit or something?
evaluating his bachelor degree is far off than the SSCE if you could work it out.
#edited#
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
bayulll01:

Pls kindly state step by step how u apply for wes after opening account,I want to apply myself

by opening an account, you have your reference number, ryt?
1. make a photocopy of each of the certificate(s) you want evaluated
2. go to your issuing institution(s) or school(s) with the photocopy you made above.
3. apply for your transcript in the school(s) and pay your dues.
4. tell the person in charge of dispatch in your school to help you include the photocopy earlier in your package before mailing to WES or ICAS as the. case may be. i recommend WES though.
5. your reference number should always be included in your communication with WES, this mail inclusive... hence,remind the mail dispatcher to include it in the front of the mail envelope.
well, you need a way of tracking your mail, ask the dispatcher for your tracking number.
...and encourage the dispatcher, they ALWAYS come in handy.

....meanwhile, if you can't go to your school yourself, someone else could help you do it, its all about trust and some phone calls.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
dober:
Hi everyone, how is WES evaluation report delivered via their normal shipping?
Do they deliver to ones home address or one has to pick it up at the post office?.
It has been dispatched since May 12th but yet to receive it here in Naija.

please contact WES, its been longer than expected.
i used the courier route. WES dispatched it on 7th, this month, the dispatcher called me this morning that he hopes to deliver to me today. please update me on this, i trying to evaluate the two routes:- Normal mail vs Courier service
meanwhile at additional charges, WES could mail you another copy through courier service. i understand the anxiety. wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Shyee:

by opening an account, you have your reference number, ryt?
1. make a photocopy of each of the certificate(s) you want evaluated
2. go to your issuing institution(s) or school(s) with the photocopy you made above.
3. apply for your transcript in the school(s) and pay your dues.
4. tell the person in charge of dispatch in your school to help you include the photocopy earlier in your package before mailing to WES or ICAS as the. case may be. i recommend WES though.
5. your reference number should always be included in your communication with WES, this mail inclusive... hence,remind the mail dispatcher to include it in the front of the mail envelope.
well, you need a way of tracking your mail, ask the dispatcher for your tracking number.
...and encourage the dispatcher, they ALWAYS come in handy.

....meanwhile, if you can't go to your school yourself, someone else could help you do it, its all about trust and some phone calls.

Thanks I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
I received my IELTS results on Friday with scores of L8.5 R8.5 W7.5 and S7.5, overall band of 8.0.

The preparation materials I used were Road to IELTS and The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers with DVD-ROM (Cambridge English), which I purchased from Amazon.

My preparation time was less than a week (4 days) because of my baby and work. However, the 3 days were intensive and very stressful for me.

My advice is to target full marks in the Listening and Reading Section. If you miss an answer in the Listening section, try not to be disorientated by it, just pay attention and listen for other answers. If you worry too much about missed answers, you will likely miss subsequent answers.

My strategy for the reading section was to practise with the Academic reading as they were a lot more difficult than that of General Training. So, I found the actual exam relatively easy.

For the writing section, I did not do enough preparation. I only wrote 2 incomplete essays before the exam. Also, during the exam, I did not plan my time very well as I spent over 20 mins on the Letter Writing Section. I had to rush the part II and hence did not have time to check through my essay. I just barely managed to finish the write up before we were told to submit. I also wrote more words than were required (about 210 words in letter writing and over 300 words in the essay). This really affected my score. My advice is to spent about 5-10mins planning before writing and practise well.

For the speaking section, I did not practise at all, so the section was not too good for me. I stammered a lot during the section. However, I ensured I did not stop talking and answered all the questions in the part 2.

Also, for those who are not aware, the listening and Reading are graded as below:

Listening
Band 9 8.5 8 7.5 7 6.5 6 5.5 5 4.5 4 3.5 3 2.5
Score 39-40 37-38 35-36 32-34 30-31 26-29 23-25 18-22 16-17 13-15 10-12 8-10 6-7 4-5

Reading
Score 40 39 37-38 36 34-35 32-33 30-31 27-29 23-26 19-22 15-18 12-14 9-11 6-8

I hope this will be useful to someone writing the exam soon.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
dupyshoo:
I received my IELTS results on Friday with scores of L8.5 R8.5 W7.5 and S7.5, overall band of 8.0.

The preparation materials I used were Road to IELTS and The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers with DVD-ROM (Cambridge English), which I purchased from Amazon.

My preparation time was less than a week (4 days) because of my baby and work. However, the 3 days were intensive and very stressful for me.

My advice is to target full marks in the Listening and Reading Section. If you miss an answer in the Listening section, try not to be disorientated by it, just pay attention and listen for other answers. If you worry too much about missed answers, you will likely miss subsequent answers.

My strategy for the reading section was to practise with the Academic reading as they were a lot more difficult than that of General Training. So, I found the actual exam relatively easy.

For the writing section, I did not do enough preparation. I only wrote 2 incomplete essays before the exam. Also, during the exam, I did not plan my time very well as I spent over 20 mins on the Letter Writing Section. I had to rush the part II and hence did not have time to check through my essay. I just barely managed to finish the write up before we were told to submit. I also wrote more words than were required (about 210 words in letter writing and over 300 words in the essay). This really affected my score. My advice is to spent about 5-10mins planning before writing and practise well.

For the speaking section, I did not practise at all, so the section was not too good for me. I stammered a lot during the section. However, I ensured I did not stop talking and answered all the questions in the part 2.

Also, for those who are not aware, the listening and Reading are graded as below:

Listening
Score 39-40 37-38 35-36 32-34 30-31 26-29 23-25 18-22 16-17 13-15 10-12 8-10 6-7 4-5

Reading

wow. congrats, you did well

have you received your TRF from the British council?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Thank you.

Yes, I received my TRF on Saturday.

Shyee:

wow. congrats, you did well

have you received your TRF from the British council?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
really. i used an address in Osogbo, and the trf is not yet delivered. was it brought to you or you collected at their odfice?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Please note, I did mine in the UK. I guess that is why I received it that early.

Shyee:
really. i used an address in Osogbo, and the trf is not delivered. was it brought to you or you collected at their odfice?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
dupyshoo:
Please note, I did mine in the UK. I guess that is why I received it that early.

OH! i see. that may the reason.
thanks for your promptness.
anyone in 9jawa who received result last Friday and has received their TRF
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by helloCanada: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2015

I trust you are all doing well. I submitted a bank certification letter (on my personal account) when I applied for the FSWP last year. I have since started a business and would like to submit this business account when an updated POF is requested. I moved most of the funds to start this business and my personal account is not well funded but the business account is. I have all the business registration documents. Will this be a problem?

Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Shyee:

please contact WES, its been longer than expected.
i used the courier route. WES dispatched it on 7th, this month, the dispatcher called me this morning that he hopes to deliver to me today. please update me on this, i trying to evaluate the two routes:- Normal mail vs Courier service
meanwhile at additional charges, WES could mail you another copy through courier service. i understand the anxiety. wink
Yeah thanks. I would do just that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
dober:

Yeah thanks. I would do just that.

please do.
i received my package around 2pm today.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 7:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
Shyee:

i hope Nairaland spambot doesn't ban me again.
check this out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
doing your spouse ECA may only add about 4 points to your total. i would advise you do it since your chance in the EE pool increases with points. meanwhile, as a realist, are you willing to spend about 70k for 4 or so points?
isn't there a way out of the age disparity on his certificates if he swears an affidavit or something?
evaluating his bachelor degree is far off if you could work it out.

I'm afraid you are wrong. Spouse Bachelor ECA will add 8 points and not 4 points as otherwise stated.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
dober:
Hi everyone, how is WES evaluation report delivered via their normal shipping?
Do they deliver to ones home address or one has to pick it up at the post office?.
It has been dispatched since May 12th but yet to receive it here in Naija.

Yeah, something's not right. Get in touch with WES, or as suggested, request for a new copy to be dispatched via courier.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
dupyshoo:

Listening

Reading

Wowzers! You have the required score to get the highest allotted marks for Language in the CRS tool. Congratulations sis! Also, you have given the best advice on IELTS here. If you have your ECA, you can just go ahead and enter the EE pool. I'm kinda imagining what your crs score will be now grin. If you have a Masters, i think you might get sufficient score to receive ITA(provided the next draw wont be for people who have PNPs or jobs with LMIA and, if age is on your side. 21-29years gets the highest for age and its starts dropping with 5points each with subsequent age increase), the last one was 463 or so. God bless you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
adesunloye11:
good day house pls i need your candid advise on d PR route. am 26 years B.A HONS philosophy level 8 officer working for 4years as an admin officer in a govt. parastal. can i apply for d PR route and under which NOC can i apply. pls i need help pls before embarking on IEITS.thanks

You are in a good standing to apply. Your job details will determine your real NOC and not just your job title tho, the NOC for Admin Officer is 1221. Also, its not just IELTS you will acquire, you have to get your qualification evaluated by a CIC recommended credential evaluation body like WES. It is when you have this and your IELTS that you can then apply for the PR route9as you called it wink ).

Meanwhile, try and learn from dupyshoo's experience on how you also can score that high. You will need it to boost your score sufficiently as its just a Bsc you have(there are 3 other higher qualifications than yours under the scheme which will make those with such qualifications to score higher than you in the marks allotted to educational qualifications and as such, its your IELTS that can make up for you).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
zandora:

I'm afraid you are wrong. Spouse Bachelor ECA will add 8 points and not 4 points as otherwise stated.

no Zandora, the. OP wants to evaluate their spouse's SSCE because of DOB differences on their two certificates.
methinks SSCE adds 4 points or so. hence, i advise going for the first degree.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Shyee:

no Zandora, the. OP wants to evaluate their spouse's SSCE because of DOB differences on their two certificates.
methinks SSCE adds 4 points or so. hence, i advise going for the first degree.

Oh thought it was Bachelor's. Anyway SSCE will add only 2 points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Thank you.
JesusDWay:

Wowzers! You have the required score to get the highest allotted marks for Language in the CRS tool. Congratulations sis! Also, you have given the best advice on IELTS here. If you have your ECA, you can just go ahead and enter the EE pool. I'm kinda imagining what your crs score will be now grin. If you have a Masters, i think you might get sufficient score to receive ITA(provided the next draw wont be for people who have PNPs or jobs with LMIA and, if age is on your side. 21-29years gets the highest for age and its starts dropping with 5points each with subsequent age increase), the last one was 463 or so. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2015
@300ng...why not try using gtbank
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 14, 2015
pls house...i greet u oo...i need a sponsor from manitoba..pls help. Any info on organization that help people with sponsor issue as well? thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by keni: 9:48am On Jul 14, 2015
Hello House pls do you advice I apply for EE now with my BSC or wait till I finish my MBA?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 10:22am On Jul 14, 2015
About WES evaluation, I checked the status of my order today and it has changed from document received,review in progress to credential evaluation in progress.I thought the docs were supposed to be sent back to my school for verification?or is the verification part of the evaluation process?Anyone knowledgeable in this area should please help,Tola 73,Jesus the way,zandora e.t.c. please come to my aid
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by folaonhigh(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2015
dupyshoo:

Hi

Listening

Reading

hi please how much do you purchase the material on amazon
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hiyah,

I bought it for about £30. You can preview some pages (50 out of 400 pages) via this link before you purchase just to be sure.

https://books.google.de/books?id=ANnSAgAAQBAJ&pg=PP1&lpg=PP1&dq=The+Official+Cambridge+Guide+to+IELTS+Student%27s+Book+with+Answers+with+DVD-ROM+(Cambridge+English)&source=bl&ots=yk3fVSziQV&sig=sf5y8ZrzcjvQYynIAhSaNKQSn1U&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=The%20Official%20Cambridge%20Guide%20to%20IELTS%20Student's%20Book%20with%20Answers%20with%20DVD-ROM%20(Cambridge%20English)&f=false

folaonhigh:
hi please how much do you purchase the material on amazon
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hi peeps, please who knows around when one receives their TRF for ielts. It's delaying my EE application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
helloCanada:

I trust you are all doing well. I submitted a bank certification letter (on my personal account) when I applied for the FSWP last year. I have since started a business and would like to submit this business account when an updated POF is requested. I moved most of the funds to start this business and my personal account is not well funded but the business account is. I have all the business registration documents. Will this be a problem?

Kindly advise.
Be very careful here because they will ask for so much detail, company registration, signage, reference from your customers etc
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Shayo5: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello,
i'm in a great dilemma,I got this message this evening and I need help;
I submitted a fixed deposit certificate, statement of account for my joint account with my husband,my husband's account to statement.

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled worker category.

We have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of 3 (CAD$18,260) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:
The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before we make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds. You must have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds originated.

Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into
your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds
originated. For more details please see:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to us. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information we will make our decision based on the information before us, which may result in the refusal of your application.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shyee:
Hi peeps, please who knows around when one receives their TRF for ielts. It's delaying my EE application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.