Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,284 members, 7,850,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:43 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (831264 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hello guys. Its great to know that such a forum exists to help fellow FSW applicants. Please for those of us that have received their PER I will like to know what you included as evidence of work experience. Did you simply include a copy of your employment letters along with a reference letter? I read the guide on the CIC but please guys I want to know from you guys. Thanks a lot.
dearstan:

Congrats thebaft! When were you debited?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hello good people on this thread, well done for your efforts!
Please do help out a brother here!

I've been stuck in the application process with WES for a little over a week now.
I completed the online application up till the payment page. And I made payment with a credit card but the site told me the payment was declined while the said application fees was debited from the account and transferred to WES account.

But each time I return to the WES Canada site to complete the application, the process keeps getting stalled at the payment stage. I have emailed them but no feedback has been received. I have tried calling their phone lines but all I get is an automated voice recording.

Time definitely is fast running as I can't even process the transcripts from my university as the University's Records unit has confirmed to me that without the WES Application Reference Number indicated on the completed WES transcript request form, they would not be able to forward the transcript to WES. Please comrades, your helpful advice is most solicited as a matter of urgency. Thanks in advance for your helpful feedbacks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
Tone23: Hello good people on this thread, well done for your efforts!
Please do help out a brother here!

I've been stuck in the application process with WES for a little over a week now.
I completed the online application up till the payment page. And I made payment with a credit card but the site told me the payment was declined while the said application fees was debited from the account and transferred to WES account.

But each time I return to the WES Canada site to complete the application, the process keeps getting stalled at the payment stage. I have emailed them but no feedback has been received. I have tried calling their phone lines but all I get is an automated voice recording.

Time definitely is fast running as I can't even process the transcripts from my university as the University's Records unit has confirmed to me that without the WES Application Reference Number indicated on the completed WES transcript request form, they would not be able to forward the transcript to WES. Please comrades, your helpful advice is most solicited as a matter of urgency. Thanks in advance for your helpful feedbacks.

Which email did you send your complaint to?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
thebaft:

Thanks! I submitted a bank draft with my application. The PER mail stated that they accepted my bank draft as payment on 6th September 2013. A receipt number was also included in the mail.
ifechukwukamso: That's revealing never knew a bank draft from Nigeria would work
Congrats again

Was the bank draft made payable in Nigeria? This is new and strange.@thebaft, can you clarify this please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
@ifechukwukamso/solomonwis,

Not at all... I used a foreign bank draft to pay. I had to transfer money from my domiciliary account to my friend in the US and he was able to buy an international bank draft in Canadian dollars and send down to me. It took around 4 weeks for me to receive the draft back home. However, that was even faster than the 7 weeks it took for me to receive my ECA from WES.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
nanonye: Hello guys. Its great to know that such a forum exists to help fellow FSW applicants. Please for those of us that have received their PER I will like to know what you included as evidence of work experience. Did you simply include a copy of your employment letters along with a reference letter? I read the guide on the CIC but please guys I want to know from you guys. Thanks a lot.

[b]Nanonye,

It was difficult. But I got documents from various sources and not just one letter. I got a letter from my company introducing me as an employee as I needed it for a visa application at the Lagos embassy. I got a second letter from payroll stating my salary. I also included my payslips and on a copy of my bank statement, I used a highlighter to mark my salary payments for one year. I got a letter from my supervisor endorsing my duties and responsibilities. I also included my employment letter. I included some signed copies of my timesheets. I included parts of my company's work policy document that stated official work hours etc. Also, I included a memo which was sent to me when I changed job roles 3 years ago to another work unit. In short, I did not submit a letter, I submitted a manual... grin grin grin

It is not easy asking your employer for such a letter, especially with our shrinking job market. Picture this ...

Monday Morning:
FSW Applicant: Sir, please give me a letter stating my duties, salary, etc.
HR Manager: Why do you need one?
FSW Applicant: I need it for the FSW 2013 programme that I am applying for. I want to leave the company and emigrate to Canada.
HR Manager: Eh! So you want to leave us? Ok... No problem. I'll let the MD know that you are planning to leave.

Tuesday Afternoon!
FSW Applicant: Sir, I saw my job position being advertised in today's Guardian newspaper.
HR Manager: Yes, but you told us that you wanted to leave. We had to start shopping for your replacement. angry angry angry
FSW Applicant: shocked shocked shocked But sir, I have not even gotten my PER yet!!! Please sir ... Abeg sir ... cry cry cry

One just has to be careful. So my advice is this, if you are having difficulties getting a single letter with all the information, get various documents to support your statements. The more documents you include, the stronger your evidence. Good luck!!![/b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by almaliki: 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
solomonwis:

Was the bank draft made payable in Nigeria? This is new and strange.@thebaft, can you clarify this please?

Gtb close 2 1004 handles such transactions comfortably.....all u need is 2 buy d dollar draft ( bank charges included)and they will facilitate d transaction via a 3rd party bank in canada......(City bank).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:20am On Sep 18, 2013
thebaft: @ifechukwukamso/solomonwis,

Not at all... I used a foreign bank draft to pay. I had to transfer money from my domiciliary account to my friend in the US and he was able to buy an international bank draft in Canadian dollars and send down to me. It took around 4 weeks to for me to receive the draft back home. However, that was even faster than the 7 weeks it took for me to receive my ECA from WES.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:23am On Sep 18, 2013
almaliki:

Gtb close 2 1004 handles such transactions comfortably.....all u need is 2 buy d dollar draft ( bank charges included)and they will facilitate d transaction via a 3rd party bank in canada......(City bank).

I have never doubted the fact that banks in Nigeria can raise a bank draft made payable in Canada(which have to be routed through a foreign/international bank) but I know the process can be time consuming and even cost more.

The up side of this is however, you never get to expose your credit card/debit card details.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by almaliki: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2013
solomonwis:

I have never doubted the fact that banks in Nigeria can raise a bank draft made payable in Canada(which have to be routed through a foreign/international bank) but I know the process can be time consuming and even cost more.

The up side of this is however, you never get to expose your credit card/debit card details.

Yep u get 2 pay more....but u can get it done in in less than 7 days.....!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 18, 2013
thebaft:

[b]Nanonye,

It was difficult. But I got documents from various sources and not just one letter. I got a letter from my company introducing me as an employee as I needed it for a visa application at the Lagos embassy. I got a second letter from payroll stating my salary. I also included my payslips and on a copy of my bank statement, I used a highlighter to mark my salary payments for one year. I got a letter from my supervisor endorsing my duties and responsibilities. I also included my employment letter. I included some signed copies of my timesheets. I included parts of my company's work policy document that stated official work hours etc. Also, I included a memo which was sent to me when I changed job roles 3 years ago to another work unit. In short, I did not submit a letter, I submitted a manual... grin grin grin

It is not easy asking your employer for such a letter, especially with our shrinking job market. Picture this ...

Monday Morning:
FSW Applicant: I need it for the FSW 2013 programme that I am applying for. I want to leave the company and emigrate to Canada.
HR Manager: Eh! So you want to leave us? Ok... No problem. I'll let the MD know that you are planning to leave.

Tuesday Afternoon!
FSW Applicant: Sir, I saw my job position being advertised in today's Guardian newspaper.
HR Manager: Yes, but you told us that you wanted to leave. We had to start shopping for your replacement. angry angry angry
FSW Applicant: shocked shocked shocked But sir, I have not even gotten my PER yet!!! Please sir ... Abeg sir ... cry cry cry

One just has to be careful. So my advice is this, if you are having difficulties getting a single letter with all the information, get various documents to support your statements. The more documents you include, the stronger your evidence. Good luck!!![/b]

Nice piece but on my own case, my employer is the one who wants me to leave and fulfill my dreams. He was involved in preparing my skill reference letter and signed it.I'm grateful to him.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
solomonwis:

Which email did you send your complaint to?

Thanks a lot Solomonwis, I just received another feedback this morning confirming that the transaction failed meaning the said amount was not debited from the account even though the bank acknowledged the transaction was initiated. Thanks a lot!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tone23:

Thanks a lot Solomonwis, I just received another feedback this morning confirming that the transaction failed meaning the said amount was not debited from the account even though the bank acknowledged the transaction was initiated. Thanks a lot!

I am sure it is a problem with your bank, they should have a better explanation for the failed transaction and they owe you that. I will suggest you call them up...(Personally, I make it a point of duty to know the phone number and the details of my Account Officer in the Bank, every account holder has one. They come in helpful when situation like this arise).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Thanks a lot guys couldn't be more grateful for this response. Please I have another question. I lost my original birth certificate so any idea what alternatives I can use? Do they accept Age Declarations? Thanks a lot. quote author=ferdimako]

Nice piece but on my own case, my employer is the one who wants me to leave and fulfill my dreams. He was involved in preparing my skill reference letter and signed it.I'm grateful to him.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
nanonye: Thanks a lot guys couldn't be more grateful for this response. Please I have another question. I lost my original birth certificate so any idea what alternatives I can use? Do they accept Age Declarations? Thanks a lot. quote author=ferdimako]

Nice piece but on my own case, my employer is the one who wants me to leave and fulfill my dreams. He was involved in preparing my skill reference letter and signed it.I'm grateful to him.

Declaration of age is acceptable (If I were you,I will attach a copy of the bio data page of my international passport along with the declaration of age.

You might be asked at a later stage to produce the real birth certificate so it is better you pursue getting one after the submission of your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
nanonye: Hello guys. Its great to know that such a forum exists to help fellow FSW applicants. Please for those of us that have received their PER I will like to know what you included as evidence of work experience. Did you simply include a copy of your employment letters along with a reference letter? I read the guide on the CIC but please guys I want to know from you guys. Thanks a lot.

For evidence of work i submitted my appiontment letter, letter of acknowledgemnet and my payslip for 18 months.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
thebaft:

[b]Nanonye,

Monday Morning:

Tuesday Afternoon!

Very funny
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
[quote au thor= agesolomonwis]

Declaration is age is acceptable (If I were you,I will attach a copy of the bio data page of my international passport along with the declaration of age.

You might be asked at a later stage to produce the real birth certificate so it is better you pursue getting one after the submission of your application.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
nanonye: Thanks a lot guys couldn't be more grateful for this response. Please I have another question. I lost my original birth certificate so any idea what alternatives I can use? Do they accept Age Declarations? Thanks a lot. quote author=ferdimako]

Instead of age declaration i will Advice u to walk into any LGA office in the city of your birth, grease some hand and get a registry of birth certificate which usually contains ur parents name. Because age is a point related criteria they know pple could falsify it especially applicants from africa and asia.
The birth registry certificate is cheaper and more authentic. I Paid N500 officially and 1k as appreciation token to get one from the surulere LGA office, the city of my birth and I got it instanta. The only stress was travelling from abj to lag
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
solomonwis:

I don't think it's time consuming. Gt at oyin jolayemi processing time is 24hours and I have been told that Gt at Adetokunbo ademola is same day. You get charged about 35 US dollars. But it's still the safest means of payment as you also don't have to worry about payment declined like it happens with credit/debit card.
At the rprf stage, the only acceptable method of payment is by draft in case planning ahead is needed.

One would need to open a domiciliary account though and that can take some time to open. Some get there friends to raise the draft on their behalf.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by FunW: 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
I received a mail from WES today confirming that they have received all the documents required to prepare my evaluation report, meanwhile I was just planning to go to my university next week with the transcript request form. Please does this means that they have already received the transcript from my school even though I didn't do any follow up at the school.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
saxywale:
I don't think it's time consuming. Gt at oyin jolayemi processing time is 24hours and I have been told that Gt at Adetokunbo ademola is same day. You get charged about 35 US dollars. But it's still the safest means of payment as you also don't have to worry about payment declined like it happens with credit/debit card.
At the rprf stage, the only acceptable method of payment is by draft in case planning ahead is needed.

One would need to open a domiciliary account though and that can take some time to open. Some get there friends to raise the draft on their behalf.

What is rprf stage? Right of permanent residence? if it is, then raising a bank draft won't be any problem in ACCRA as you can raise that even in local currency (I mean Cedis)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
FunW: I received a mail from WES today confirming that they have received all the documents required to prepare my evaluation report, meanwhile I was just planning to go to my university next week with the transcript request form. Please does this means that they have already received the transcript from my school even though I didn't do any follow up at the school.

Since they confirmed receipt of all the documents necessary for evaluation,you don't need to send them anything. If you send any information now,it will slow down your evaluation.

You can check the status of your application to know what document has been received.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
solomonwis:

Since they confirmed receipt of all the documents necessary for evaluation,you don't need to send them anything. If you send any information now,it will slow down your evaluation.

You can check the status of your application to know what document has been received.

How could they have received what was never sent? That email could be in error or an indirect way of reminding you that you have business with them. I will advice that you go to your university and be sure your transcript is sent to them as required otherwise much later they will be requesting for it plus the time wasted.

I wanted to do my evaluation with WES and hand started the online application b4 I changed my mind and used ICAS instead. I was still getting emails from them for several weeks. They told me when my process will be concluded even though I never sent any doc. to them among other updates I was getting. But later they started sending me emails that they were still awaiting by documents and so on.

So it makes sense to ignore what that email is telling you when you know you have not submitted your official transcript which is a basic requirement.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tranquill:

How could they have received what was never sent? That email could be in error or an indirect way of reminding you that you have business with them. I will advice that you go to your university and be sure your transcript is sent to them as required otherwise much later they will be requesting for it plus the time wasted.

I wanted to do my evaluation with WES and hand started the online application b4 I changed my mind and used ICAS instead. I was still getting emails from them for several weeks. They told me when my process will be concluded even though I never sent any doc. to them among other updates I was getting. But later they started sending me emails that they were still awaiting by documents and so on.

So it makes sense to ignore what that email is telling you when you know you have not submitted your official transcript which is a basic requirement.

You will be surprised that WES can actually start and conclude an evaluation without "seeing" the transcript! They can work with just a copy of the certificate!
Now, that depends on the relationship between your school and WES, it depends on the means of communication between WES and your institution.
I don't know the OP's institution but I suspect WES must have been in communication with the school via whatever medium of communication they deem fast and necessary since they acknowledge receipt of a copy of the certificate. An e-copy of the transcript might have been forwarded to WES by the school. Now, this does not mean it is the case in this scenario, the more reason why you should look up the status of your application to confirm if they actually received a copy of the transcript.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
UPDATE!!!

Total received toward the overall cap: 1,812 of 5,000

0211 Engineering managers 190
1112 Financial and investment analysts 300 (Cap reached)

2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers 12
2131 Civil engineers 123
2132 Mechanical engineers 145
2134 Chemical engineers 58
2143 Mining engineers 2
2145 Petroleum engineers 1
2144 Geological engineers 24
2146 Aerospace engineers 7
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) 246
2154 Land surveyors 4
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached)
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics 24
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety 83
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists 4
3142 Physiotherapists 125
3143 Occupational Therapists 17
3211 Medical laboratory technologists 89
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants 29
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists 5
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 17
3216 Medical Sonographers 9
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists 6

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by FunW: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
Thanks everyone. I have checked the status of my document on WES site and it has changed to "document accepted".
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
FunW: Thanks everyone. I have checked the status of my document on WES site and it has changed to "document accepted".

Which of the documents, Certificate, transcript or both?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
FunW: Thanks everyone. I have checked the status of my document on WES site and it has changed to "document accepted".

I will suggest you follow them up closely so that you dont start hearing a different story when you think they should be sending ur report to you. Among the agencies doing this credential evaluation, WES seem to be the one people have complained about due to their poor service delivery, even though its the most widely used at least at the onset of this FSW application regime because of time. Just pray what ir status says today remains so.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by FunW: 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
What to submit was showing as degree certificate, under required documents, I don't have any caption as transcript. The status prior to this afternoon was "received documents awaiting verification". This is because I had earlier sent a photocopy of my credential.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
FunW: What to submit was showing as degree certificate, under required documents, I don't have any caption as transcript. The status prior to this afternoon was "received documents awaiting verification". This is because I had earlier sent a photocopy of my credential.

From what you wrote, it is obvious the only document received and accepted is your certificate. You still need to forward your transcript to them. Please continue with the process of dispatching your transcript ASAP.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
solomonwis:

You will be surprised that WES can actually start and conclude an evaluation without "seeing" the transcript! They can work with just a copy of the certificate!
Now, that depends on the relationship between your school and WES, it depends on the means of communication between WES and your institution.
I don't know the OP's institution but I suspect WES must have been in communication with the school via whatever medium of communication they deem fast and necessary since they acknowledge receipt of a copy of the certificate. An e-copy of the transcript might have been forwarded to WES by the school. Now, this does not mean it is the case in this scenario, the more reason why you should look up the status of your application to confirm if they actually received a copy of the transcript.

I do not beleive that WES or any other agency for that matter can carry out evaluation without seeing the official transcript. The evaluation is done based on the guidlines agreed upon with CIC. It is the individual modules taken in the course of any particular programm that they use in establishing its comparism with canadian equivalence. Also, your official transcript confirms the date of birth you are claiming in your application for credential evaluation. The 'relationship' they have established with any institution can only hasten the process but not for them to overlook a basic requirement. They can only confirm if the transcript they received is genuine or not but no agency will take the 1st step of getting the transcript. It is the the responsibility of the applicant to make such request.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.