Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,655 members, 7,854,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (831690 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2013
Tranquill:

Brov you started something nice but then dont make us feel that it is only the information that comes through you is correct. There was update and someone posted it here, you are dismissing it without even taking 2 mins to check out CIC site yourself. Replying someones comment means you have access to internet why not comfirm it urself? undecided

Did you see my comment after what you quoted? Do you have anything against my person? Asking a question isn't out of place is it? I could have made a mistake (of course I did) like everybody else.

Nobody says what is said by solomonwis is the only correct thing, if you choose to make it so then so it is! If you carefully check the CIC website you will see there's a mistake on it just as anyone wouldn't have spotted the mistake. Yes, there was an update but the total complete application received still reads 1,812 out of 5,000 which was the total complete application shown as at the last update( This prove even the almighty CIC makes mistakes!). In actual fact the total complete application received should read 1,878 of 5,000.

I really don't know what you are beating at...

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by almaliki: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
Tranquill:

Brov you started something nice but then dont make us feel that it is only the information that comes through you is correct. There was update and someone posted it here, you are dismissing it without even taking 2 mins to check out CIC site yourself. Replying someones comment means you have access to internet why not comfirm it urself? undecided

Lol.......me likey.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by adnanyounis34y: 3:41am On Sep 25, 2013
Guys i have couple of questions, as some of you are really good regarding the FSW.

I am a geologist and having the following education

4 Years BS. Applied Geology 2005 - 2009 (From Pakistan)

2 Years work experience as a Geoscientist (From Pakistan)

2 Years Master in Geoscience (2011 - 2013) (From Norway)

My question is can i claim 9 points for 2 years experience as a Geoscientist ?
Secondly currently i am living in Norway from last two years, do i need police certificate only from norway or also from Pakistan?

Hopefully i will get quick responce
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 4:14am On Sep 25, 2013
Tranquill:

Dear all,

We can always use the date in the Date Modified: field at the bottom right area of the page to confirm if updates were made or not. Current date is 2013-09-23. The tentative next date should be 2013-09-30 or so...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 25, 2013
Hello house,
Any info on fed skilled visa for next year. I heard sumone say here will be expression of interest, is it confiremed?
My docs are ready, but ill be applying next year cos of he cap.

What of ladyguinvera, any update from her?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2013
adnanyounis34@y:
Guys i have couple of questions, as some of you are really good regarding the FSW.

I am a geologist and having the following education

4 Years BS. Applied Geology 2005 - 2009 (From Pakistan)

2 Years work experience as a Geoscientist (From Pakistan)

2 Years Master in Geoscience (2011 - 2013) (From Norway)

My question is can i claim 9 points for 2 years experience as a Geoscientist ?
Secondly currently i am living in Norway from last two years, do i need police certificate only from norway or also from Pakistan?

Hopefully i will get quick responce

You can claim the point for the experience since it is within the last ten years. Secondly, you need police certificate from all the places you have lived for up to 6 months since you were 18 so that means you also need from Pakistan.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 8:06am On Sep 25, 2013
mercylicious: Hello house,
Any info on fed skilled visa for next year. I heard sumone say here will be expression of interest, is it confiremed?
My docs are ready, but ill be applying next year cos of he cap.

What of ladyguinvera, any update from her?

What NOC are you applying for? I remember the expression of interest thing was mentioned in the gazette publication that outlined the new requirments and rules for this FSW programme that started in May. I remember it was unveiled by Minister Kenny sometime last year and it stated that they were working towards adopting the EOI system as used in Australia to be implemented next year. If you could check through the publications on CIC site that talks about this FSW programe I'm sure you' find it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by adnanyounis34y: 10:07am On Sep 25, 2013
thank you tranquill
is there any checklist of documents which i need for me and my spouse. my point was that i domt have experience after my highest degree, so that wont be a problem?

Adnan
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 10:45am On Sep 25, 2013
You can also get useful information on this forum

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t146774.0.html

adnanyounis34@y:
thank you tranquill
is there any checklist of documents which i need for me and my spouse. my point was that i domt have experience after my highest degree, so that wont be a problem?

Adnan
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2013
adnanyounis34@y:
thank you tranquill

Adnan

In addition to the link given by Pickabeau1 you can also check www.cic.gc.ca where you will get all the official informations concerning the process and requirements. Here you can access the application kit for the federal skilled worker programme including the document check list.

Not having experience after your highest degree will not count. What matters is that the experience you are claiming point for was gained within the last ten years.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
adnanyounis34@y:
thank you tranquill

Adnan

This link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf provide a direct link with the checklist as it is on CIC website.

You can also read for further insight in the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Note that your work experience (either prior to your obtaining your second degree or after) must be within the last 10 years and must relate with the eligible occupation under which you want your application assessed to claim any point under experience.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Siga: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
...lovely... keep the good work going....quietly observing....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Siga: ...lovely... keep the good work going....quietly observing....

Oga Siga. Nice seeing u in this forum.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by imadebaby: 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Siga: ...lovely... keep the good work going....quietly observing....

bros Siga u dey here too. Baba Twale
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
Please Solomonwis, how do I get the ECA report? Which organization should I send my transcript to? Please education me on this education aspect of the application. Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:54am On Sep 28, 2013
Hotstepper: Please Solomonwis, how do I get the ECA report? Which organization should I send my transcript to? Please education me on this education aspect of the application. Thank you

"Having your foreign education assessed.

If you do not have a Canadian degree or diploma (in some cases, a “certificate”), you must get your foreign education verified and assessed to prove it is equal to a completed Canadian credential.

You must send an original Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report with proof of your foreign credential (diploma or certificate, and transcripts) or we will not process your application. The ECA report must be done by an agency approved by CIC.

If your report shows that your credential is not equal to a completed Canadian one, you are not eligible to apply under the FSWP....."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

"Starting in May 2013, all people applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) must get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of their completed foreign educational credentials.

If you are only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this.

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a completed credential in Canada.

You must have such an assessment if you:
•are a principal applicant, and
•got your education outside Canada.

Your education must be assessed against Canadian standards by one of the organizations designated by CIC (below).

When you apply as a federal skilled worker with a foreign educational credential, an original ECA report must:
•be included with your application along with proof of your foreign credential,
•be issued on or after the date the organization was designated by CIC,
•not be more than five years old on the date that CIC gets your application, and
•show your credential is equal to a completed Canadian one.

If you do not submit this assessment when you apply, your application is not complete. We will not process it and will send it back to you.

These assessments are to help make sure we choose immigrants with the best possible chances of success in Canada. But, being assessed does not guarantee you will be employed in your field or at a certain level. Employers are not bound by the assessment.

If you plan to work in an occupation that is regulated in Canada, you should contact the regulatory authority in the province where you plan to live. They can give you important information about getting your license, including any steps you can take before you leave your home country."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

You can approach any of the below agencies for your ECA

•Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies - http://learn.utoronto.ca/international professionals/comparative-education-service-ces

•International Credential Assessment Service of Canada- http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/

•World Education Services - http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/

•Medical Council of Canada (professional body) - http://www.mcc.ca/en/
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:58am On Sep 28, 2013
mercylicious: Cap udated again. 2147 is now 290
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

That is correct! The total complete applications received is now 1,997 of 5,000.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 28, 2013
Please I need your suggestion on this issue, I have submitted my application since first week in August for job category NOC 2263.

I am presently doing a master degree in Germany which runs from September 2012 till September 2014, but my current resident permit will expire 5th November 2013, at times, the renewal may take longer time before being issued, please do I need to explain the situation to CIC that am about to renew my permit and back it up with my admission letter which stated the date my current program will finish. In addition, students in Germany now have the opportunity to get post studies visa for 18 months. I need your suggestion please.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2013
kelo314: Please I need your suggestion on this issue, I have submitted my application since first week in August for job category NOC 2263.

I am presently doing a master degree in Germany which runs from September 2012 till September 2014, but my current resident permit will expire 5th November 2013, at times, the renewal may take longer time before being issued, please do I need to explain the situation to CIC that am about to renew my permit and back it up with my admission letter which stated the date my current program will finish. In addition, students in Germany now have the opportunity to get post studies visa for 18 months. I need your suggestion please.

You are only to inform the CIC if anything significant/material happen that will affect your application.

Note that until you receive your PER, it is difficult (and not advisable) communicating with the CIC as the process of retrieving your application will be cumbersome and will also slow down the process of you obtaining your PER.

I will advise you send in the notification of change if you have succeeded in renewing your PR in Germany and only if you have obtained a PER.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 28, 2013
solomonwis:

You are only to inform the CIC if anything significant/material happen that will affect your application.

Note that until you receive your PER, it is difficult (and not advisable) communicating with the CIC as the process of retrieving your application will be cumbersome and will also slow down the process of you obtaining your PER.

I will advise you send in the notification of change if you have succeeded in renewing your PR in Germany and only if you have obtained a PER.

Thank you for your response I will do exactly as you suggested. One more question, do you think it will not affect the outcome of my application since proof of admission stated at least one year of lawfully admitted in the checklist No:8, though in my application it was stated that my program will finish by September 2014.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2013
kelo314:

Thank you for your response I will do exactly as you suggested. One more question, do you think it will not affect the outcome of my application since proof of admission stated at least one year of lawfully admitted in the checklist No:8, though in my application it was stated that my program will finish by September 2014.

Let me find out, which visa office did you state on your application form as responsible for your application?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brownee06(f): 10:57am On Sep 28, 2013
Hi all, I'm just a bit worried.
I made my application on the 5th of July and I haven't gotten any response yet, not even a msg dat my application has been received.
Is this normal, does it really take this long?
The visa office stated on my application is London.
And I know my occupation has not been filled yet because it is category 3215
I'm jst confused
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:04am On Sep 28, 2013
brownee06: Hi all, I'm just a bit worried.
I made my application on the 5th of July and I haven't gotten any response yet, not even a msg dat my application has been received.
I'm jst confused

You have nothing to worry about as your eligible occupation is one of the slow moving ones(The number of applicants are not significantly high as the other eligible occupations).

AGW, you should get a PER in the coming weeks as applicants who put in their applications in the 1st week in July are presently receiving PER(This is dependent on when your application got to CIC). Just remain positive!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2013
brownee06: Hi all, I'm just a bit worried.
I'm jst confused
CIC is handling apps received first week of July within this period, so expect to hear from them soon.BTW is your payment confirmed?if yes, then you can rest assured of your PER.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
kelo314:

What it says is proof of at least one year of being lawfully admitted in your current place of residence. So from Sept 2012 to Nov.2013 is over one year so you include ur residence permit that covers this period. Wether it is expiring soon or not will not affect your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by BigBamBam: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
Hi, I am happy with your good works.
I wrote my IELTS on 7th September, 2013. I have checked my result on their website and my scores are as follows:
Listening = 6.5
Writing = 6.0
Reading = 5.5
Speaking = 6.5
Overall Band Score = 6.0

Will CIC accept this result as Reading band score is less than 6.0. Or should I write another IELTS?

Also, how long does it take WES to post ECA report? I have received my UNOFFICIAL copy for close to 4 weeks now without seeing the ORIGINAL hard copy.

Thanks for responding.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
Big BamBam: Hi, I am happy with your good works.
I wrote my IELTS on 7th September, 2013. I have checked my result on their website and my scores are as follows:
Listening = 6.5
Writing = 6.0
Reading = 5.5
Speaking = 6.5
Overall Band Score = 6.0

Will CIC accept this result as Reading band score is less than 6.0. Or should I write another IELTS?

Also, how long does it take WES to post ECA report? I have received my UNOFFICIAL copy for close to 4 weeks now without seeing the ORIGINAL hard copy.

Thanks for responding.

You will need to write another IELTS before CIC will accept your application as you need to score minimum of 6.0 in each modul.

People that used WES should be able tell you how long it takes. I used ICAS and it took approximately 6 weeks after they have received all requirements.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
Big BamBam: Hi, I am happy with your good works.
Listening = 6.5
Writing = 6.0
Reading = 5.5
Speaking = 6.5
Overall Band Score = 6.0

Thanks for responding.

Your IELTS result is good but not good enough for FSWP. You will need to write the IELTS again ensuring you score a minimum of band score 6.0 in each of the language abilities.

Posting ECA official report depends on a number of factors(depending on the medium of postage you opted for). If you are expecting the delivery through the regular mail delivery, it will take a minimum of 3 weeks {It usually take longer than this}. You can't track the location when you make use of the regular delivery mail. You never can tell, it may be sitting on the desk of somebody in the post office. So patience is the keyword here as you can't tell the exact location.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by BigBamBam: 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
Thanx dudes, I appreciate your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Siga: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
imadebaby:

bros Siga u dey here too. Baba Twale
...@ imadebaby and @mercylicious...guys send me a mail make I know wetin dey ... I say make I dey observe na ni... how una dey.... my ogas here are already doing a fantastic job ... respect !!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomonwis:

Let me find out, which visa office did you state on your application form as responsible for your application?

Vienna, Austria

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.