Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,297 members, 7,860,729 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:01 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (831951 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by maskuraid(m): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2014
jk2013:

@Maskuraid, I'm very happy for you. Congratulatons and now you can cntinue to pop champaigne for the rest of this month. Was your PER sent to your email or was it to your address?

We still dey pop am sef. Yep,it was sent to my email.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hi guys,

I have some information to share.

I just received an evaluation update from WES that my ECA would be ready in 7days time and they have gathered all the necessary documents. However I only sent my Certificates for my degree and my ND, only my university has sent my transcript. My ND transcript is yet to be sent to WES. How can it be possible since it categorically states that [b]all [/b]transcripts be submitted? I gave a lady in the records office some money for courier, should she still send it?

Secondly, should the reference letter from my employer be addressed to CIC or should it be TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

Thanks for the anticipated response. wink
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
Not sure they need the ND,,, since the point is to assess the closeness to their own program.. but lets see

To Whom It May Concern is ok...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
pickabeau1: Not sure they need the ND,,, since the point is to assess the closeness to their own program.. but lets see

To Whom It May Concern is ok...

Thanks pickabeau1, but if that is the case how would they certify that i completed

" Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials is
for the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

which gives 22 points under EDUCATION?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
scrollmeout:

Thanks pickabeau1, but if that is the case how would they certify that i completed

" Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials is
for the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

which gives 22 points under EDUCATION?

Once the WES Evaluation is done, u should be ok..
It just confirms ur BSc is equivalent to a canadian degree
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 11:30am On Jun 27, 2014
oyaaaaa. Everybody come back home. .
grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:40am On Jun 27, 2014
UPDATE!

Total received toward the overall cap: 401 of 25,000

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

as at June 24th 2014.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2014
HACKERS CAN ONLY TRY, THEY CAN'T STOP US!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
solomonwis:

Omo, I was so down remembering that I won't see my families again on here. Thank God for the comeback. Solo, will follow you now and will be waiting for ur response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pstfrancis(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
solomonwis:

welcome back to everyone on this thread, i missed the thread no be small
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
Its so great to have this forum back. Devil is a liar indeed.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
Solomon, please help me with the address to give my employer for a reference letter. Is it
Centralized Intake Office
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2
Canada?

I await your response. Where is ferdimako btw??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:24am On Jun 28, 2014
technolee: Solomon, please help me with the address to give my employer for a reference letter. Is it
Centralized Intake Office
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2
Canada?

I await your response. Where is ferdimako btw??
CIC did not give specific instruction on who to address it so you really don't need to have sleepless night over it.I have personally seen applicants that address it to whoever it concerns and were successful .Some addressed theirs to CIC and they were fine too.
I did personalized mine for CIC too.It's your call......you won't be penalized either ways.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 28, 2014
Hi Solo. I thought something happened to my Browser. Thank God we are back and better.
So hope we are in the right thread.

solomonwis:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:35am On Jun 28, 2014
Ebenete: Hi Solo. I thought something happened to my Browser. Thank God we are back and better.
So hope we are in the right thread.

Positive .....back in the right thread.
The almost and compulsory one week break has been disheartening .......Welcome back.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2014
damkollins:
CIC did not give specific instruction on who to address it so you really don't need to have sleepless night over it.I have personally seen applicants that address it to whoever it concerns and were successful .Some addressed theirs to CIC and they were fine too.
I did personalized mine for CIC too.It's your call......you won't be penalized either ways.
Cheers.
Many thanks to you bro. The HR guy said he doesn't want to whom. I will use the one stated above.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
technolee: Many thanks to you bro. The HR guy said he doesn't want to whom. I will use the one stated above.

Hi Technolee. Do you mean "to whom it may concern" will not be accepted.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ebenete:

Hi Technolee. Do you mean "to whom it may concern" will not be accepted.
Capital NO. It will even give the opportunity to use it for other programmes self. My HR is the barrier in my case. Will give them what they want and push them till they respond!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
@all, please, what point will 20 months of work experience earn?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2014
technolee: @all, please, what point will 20 months of work experience earn?

9 points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
ANBAKO:

9 points.
whao! That is way too small. What will a proof of relationship in Canada earn too? Will the maximum point of 10 be awarded for that??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2014
technolee: whao! That is way too small. What will a proof of relationship in Canada earn too? Will the maximum point of 10 be awarded for that??

You will get 5 points for having proof of relationship in Canada. Only previous work experience in Canada (at least 1 year) will give you 10 points.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2014
ANBAKO:

You will get 5 points for having proof of relationship in Canada. Only previous work experience in Canada (at least 1 year) will give you 10 points.
Good luck
You are the man @ANBAKO. My case is like this; I have a 3yrs3mnths work experience with a coy but 1yr6mnths of it was for a function outside of the NOC I am applying for. Would my 1yr9mnths give me 11points because of the years spent altogether?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2014
technolee: You are the man @ANBAKO. My case is like this; I have a 3yrs3mnths work experience with a coy but 1yr6mnths of it was for a function outside of the NOC I am applying for. Would my 1yr9mnths give me 11points because of the years spent altogether?

Why don't we just start from the beginning. Because I guess that your points are not adding up and you are looking for a way to augment this.
I may be wrong though.

Answer the following questions

Age Range
Education
English proficiency
Work experience
Adaptability

Per your question, I am not so sure but I will not want you to gamble. Ogas in the house (Solo and co.) please come and rescue me......!!!! smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
technolee: You are the man @ANBAKO. My case is like this; I have a 3yrs3mnths work experience with a coy but 1yr6mnths of it was for a function outside of the NOC I am applying for. Would my 1yr9mnths give me 11points because of the years spent altogether?

My thought is that you will only be assessed based on these 21 months which will earn you 9 points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 4:42am On Jun 29, 2014
ANBAKO:

My thought is that you will only be assessed based on these 21 months which will earn you 9 points.
*Sad face*. You are not wrong at all bro. Age:12pts, ECA:BSc,=21 ielts:19pts, work exp: 9 or 11 as discussed, adaptability: 5. You can see why am really concerned here.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:54am On Jun 29, 2014
technolee: Many thanks to you bro. The HR guy said he doesn't want to whom. I will use the one stated above.
It's fine too to address it that way.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:14am On Jun 29, 2014
Your 1 yr 6months will give 9 points but your 3 years 3 months will only increase your points from 9 to 13 points only if the job experience is at at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification(NOC) and you have your experience letter from the employer in the format instructed in the document checklist.
If your job experience of 3 years 3 months fall into this category i quoted above and you have the experience letter to prove it,not forgetting the fact that it must be an experience gotten in the last 10 years .........your total experience will be cumulatively 4 years 9 months which will give you 13 points.
It simply means points awarded isn't limited to your chosen or interested NOC but also jobs at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification(NOC).
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2014
technolee: *Sad face*. You are not wrong at all bro. Age:12pts, ECA:BSc,=21 ielts:19pts, work exp: 9 or 11 as discussed, adaptability: 5. You can see why am really concerned here.
I believe you should have a cumulative points of 70 only if you can prove that you job experience of 3 years 3 months is at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification(NOC).
What was your job/profession then.......if you dont mind.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:31am On Jun 29, 2014
ANBAKO:

Why don't we just start from the beginning. Because I guess that your points are not adding up and you are looking for a way to augment this.
I may be wrong though.

Answer the following questions

Age Range
Education
English proficiency
Work experience
Adaptability

Per your question, I am not so sure but I will not want you to gamble. Ogas in the house (Solo and co.) please come and rescue me......!!!! smiley
Your analysis of him is right for the 9 points for his 1year 6 months experience but he will be able to increase his points from 9 to 13 points ONLY if the experience of 3 years 3 months is at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification(NOC).
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 29, 2014
Hi all, I got additional 2 points from my latest and last IELTS, so I will wait on my Master's degree to claim 68 points. Next year things! Oz's option is killed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.