Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (830297 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 11:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
zeelo2014: ^^^ are u applying for the current fsw? If its for next year,u have no issue it could take as much as 2months o. They'll keep u updated with emails,the document will be sent thru post.

Thamk you. i am applying for thr current fsw.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 7:38am On Dec 28, 2013
House please, if I address my reference letter like this, is it okay?.

28th February, 2014

To Whom It May Concern( to be centralised)

Then the write up.

Pls reply
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by almaliki: 7:43am On Dec 28, 2013
needful: House please, if I address my reference letter like this, is it okay?.

28th February, 2014

To Whom It May Concern( to be centralised)

Then the write up.

Pls reply

Yep its ok....should be on ur office letter headed paper......cos it's assumed ur office is writing on ur behalf....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 9:18am On Dec 28, 2013
almaliki:

Yep its ok....should be on ur office letter headed paper......cos it's assumed ur office is writing on ur behalf....

Thanks, u are simply a darling
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 11:23am On Dec 28, 2013
What are the possible points one can get from IELTS, Is it 16pts,20pts or 24pts only?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
zeelo2014: What are the possible points one can get from IELTS, Is it 16pts,20pts or 24pts only?

It depends on the score band in each of the language abilities{I.e. Speaking,Writing,Reading & Listening}
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
^^Assuming its clb6.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by maskuraid(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
Jk2013.
Thanks for the message. I will surely give them a call next week to ascertain my status. What details did the lady require to trace your aplication?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2013
zeelo2014: ^^Assuming its clb6.

You are getting it all twisted. Your score band in each of the language abilities will determine your CLB. If you give your score band in each of the language abilities mentioned earlier, your CLB and invariably your score points can be determined.

The minimum language threshold (Canadian Language Benchmark) you must attain in each of the language abilities is CLB 7.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cute2014: 6:01am On Dec 29, 2013
Hello the gurus of the house,I need an urgent advice for my friend and spouse.They applied for this FSWP sometimes ago thru an agent who just notified them of the mail received and dated Oct 21.Hie excuse was that their company changed their e-mail so they did not know on time!!!They were so angry with the guy and now currently depressed because of the 60 day time frame.What are their chances?Any need for covering letter?Anything to improve their chances?Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:09am On Dec 29, 2013
cute2014: Hello the gurus of the house,I need an urgent advice for my friend and spouse.They applied for this FSWP sometimes ago thru an agent who just notified them of the mail received and dated Oct 21.Hie excuse was that their company changed their e-mail so they did not know on time!!!They were so angry with the guy and now currently depressed because of the 60 day time frame.What are their chances?Any need for covering letter?Anything to improve their chances?Thanks and God bless you.

To be able to attend to your query you need to ask your "friend and spouse" to clarify the highlighted parts above.

When exactly is the "sometime ago"? under what eligible occupation?

Who sent them the mail "received and dated Oct 21"? who filled the forms for the applicants and what email address did they fill on the form?

who informed them that there's a "60 day time frame"
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2013
Ok, so If I meet up to the minimum language treshold which is CLB7 in all the ability tests. How many points do I get? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:54am On Dec 29, 2013
zeelo2014: Ok, so If I meet up to the minimum language treshold which is CLB7 in all the ability tests. How many points do I get? Thanks.

When you write your Language test and the result comes out, then you will know how many points you get.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2013
^^ the test will determine if I should go ahead,cos I don't have adaptability & arranged employment,so u see everything is hinged on what I score from the test. So what should be the minimum clb to get 21 points at least?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2013
zeelo2014: ^^ the test will determine if I should go ahead,cos I don't have adaptability & arranged employment,so u see everything is hinged on what I score from the test. So what should be the minimum clb to get 21 points at least?

Aim for band score 7.0 in each of the language abilities.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2013
Pls house, am submitting my application by ending of January. But my international passport is expiring by 5th of august. Should I renew it?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by almaliki: 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
needful: Pls house, am submitting my application by ending of January. But my international passport is expiring by 5th of august. Should I renew it?

Thanks

Yeah....u need 2 renew d passport...went thru similar situation.. ...had 2 cancel d old passport n make do with d new one....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
solomonwis:

Aim for band score 7.0 in each of the language abilities.
Ok thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jk2013: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
maskuraid: Jk2013.
Thanks for the message. I will surely give them a call next week to ascertain my status. What details did the lady require to trace your aplication?

She only asked for my names, date of birth and application submission date
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cute2014: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
solomonwis:

Thanks for your prompt reply.They said that the application was received by CIC in August 11th 2011 under 'Medicine'.The letter shown to my friend was the medical request ans RPRF and police Certificate.The letter was sent from CIC thru their Accra office.The agents filled the forms in their presence using the agents' office e-mail address to help follow up.

The letter said smth like failure to send the requested documents within 60 days of their writing the letter could result in refusal of the application.I hope the above clarifies the highlighted parts.

To be able to attend to your query you need to ask your "friend and spouse" to clarify the highlighted parts above.

When exactly is the "sometime ago"? under what eligible occupation?

Who sent them the mail "received and dated Oct 21"? who filled the forms for the applicants and what email address did they fill on the form?

who informed them that there's a "60 day time frame"
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2013
cute2014: Thanks for your prompt reply.They said that the application was received by CIC in August 11th 2011 under 'Medicine'.The letter shown to my friend was the medical request ans RPRF and police Certificate.The letter was sent from CIC thru their Accra office.The agents filled the forms in their presence using the agents' office e-mail address to help follow up.

The letter said smth like failure to send the requested documents within 60 days of their writing the letter could result in refusal of the application.I hope the above clarifies the highlighted parts.

Nothing ventured,nothing gained. Ask your friend to send a mail to the CIC requesting the status of the application stating that you got info recently about providing some document and hope it is not too late to do so.

It is a difficult case really but it is not an entirely bad case.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by maskuraid(m): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hi Jk2013

Called that nos severally today but kept getting the "we cant take your calls now due to heavy traffic " response. Almost a thousand spent on auto response. Will try again tomorrow evening sha.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 3:01am On Dec 31, 2013
Pls for those of your that pushed their transcript to WES from FUTO, how did u obtain the one U included in your application as I was told that they don't issue transcript at hand.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
^^ I don't think u need to attach ur transcript to ur application, not sure though. You can request for ur transcript to be sent to another department within futo,then u go pick it up.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
I applied for trv since july ending 2013, haven't heard anything. When I check online it reads "undergoing processing" that's 5 months now, any suggestions?uote author=solomonwis]I will like to suggest that people follow this timeline to record the progress of their application as well as encourage others who are interested in moving permanently to Canada

User: Nationality:
App Filed at Local Canadian Visa Office: Local Canadian Visa Office:
AOR Received Date: IELTS Exam Date:
IELTS Exam Score per skill test: R- W- L- S- IELTS Aggregate Score:
Highest Degree: Work Experience (Years):
Job Offer in Canada? Yes/No: File Transferred to Local Consulate:
Initial Assessment Received: Documents Requested:
Documents Sent: Medicals Requested:
Medicals Done: Medicals Sent:
Interview Waived? Yes/No: Interview Date:
Passport Requested: Application Status{Approved/Pending/dismissed}:
Approval/Denial Date: Passport Received Date:
Landed in Canada: Landed in City:
Total Processing Time: Days Elapsed:

Last Updated:
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2014
there is an application form you should download from wes website, you must register with WES which is $230 or more if they have increased it, I dont know and also have an account with wes. They will be updating you with the progress through your email. fill the form and send it to FUTO and instruct them to include the form with your transcript to WES. I have done mine since August. Ask for Nwabueze in Registra office, the one near ezeobodo. He knows what to do.
you need to put pressure on FUTO, some times they might be sluggish. Futo dont give transcript at hand. Even WES will not accept it. It must be from FUTO direct with the official original futo stamp on it. Note that there are two statges 1. FUTO sends your transcript to WES, Then WES receives your transcript and secondly wes will send Futo a mail for verification and FUTO must reply before your result can evaluated and converted to canada standard (ECA). This is the report sheet you must attached with your futo degree to CIC. All this processes will take a while, some months. Infact you will need to frequent futo regularly which i did and also i have to buy some few lunch for some people to fastening the process. I hope i made some sense
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by chiamygirl: 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
@ needful. I understand what you mean. Heard recently you must attach your transcript to your application when sending to Nova Scotia.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by geni(f): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
@ Solomonwise,please,how do i check my application status online?. It is urgent.Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
@okejji, he was asking of sending a copy of his transcript along with his application forms which will include ECA as well, but I don't think u need to do that except for PhD holders, I stand to be corrected though. As for the Futo transcript palava,u don't need to bug them,cos it won't change a thing. Did mine without placing a call sef,it was sorted within the same duration it takes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2014
geni: @ Solomonwise,please,how do i check my application status online?. It is urgent.Thanks.

Please check here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 02, 2014
Hapi new year my ppl.
Just saw the sask offer, will go thru it for list of jobs in demand.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
@ zeelo2014 ok i now understand. There is no request for a transcript
to be attached with your application.Just the ECA and your Degree certificate are required,

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.