Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,976 members, 7,852,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (831413 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
yomfad:

I am Happy now...... When did you do this if i may ask?
Last month
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 3:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
Meritl:

Hello Solo. Please, I plan moving with my Girlfriend that has been with me for over 2 years . Can you assist in those docs that relate us. Really been having difficulties in providing them...........................

Thanks.
Nothing like girlfriend here. Even if you have been with her for 10years. Your options now is to get married to her this month or submit your application and get married to her in between and notify your officer of the development. Finally, you can marry her after you earn yourself the PR and move her in. I hope I am on point @gurus?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
technolee: Nothing like girlfriend here. Even if you have been with her for 10years. Your options now is to get married to her this month or submit your application and get married to her in between and notify your officer of the development. Finally, you can marry her after you earn yourself the PR and move her in. I hope I am on point @gurus?

Thanks Technolee.
But I'm going to use the Commonlaw partner option. Gurus please "helep me".
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
Meritl:

Thanks Technolee.
But I'm going to use the Commonlaw partner option. Gurus please "helep me".

Get married to her! Common law partner/arrangement is alien to our culture.If CIO Nova Scotia doesn't know this,the Accra Visa Office Know this much. You will have a whole lot to prove.

It is as good as going to a customary court for marriage even though it is not the same.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
solomonwis:

Get married to her! Common law partner/arrangement is alien to our culture.If CIO Nova Scotia doesn't know this,the Accra Visa Office Know this much. You will have a whole lot to prove.

It is as good as going to a customary court for marriage even though it is not the same.

Oga Solo see as you just dae talk marriage like say na beans!!!!! Chaii.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by suxes2005(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Meritl:

Since you can PUT IN then go wife her, nuff said. lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
Meritl:

grin cheesy cheesy

It is not anything too difficult once you are psychologically and spiritually prepared. When you get to Canada the burden will be light,two heads are better than one you know.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
Meritl:

If u have a girl that can marry and move with u....go tidy sth. Mine said she was going nowhere...so u c y I used dat past tense?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pls I sent my application to the address below through UPS (courier). Can someone pls confirm if this is the right address to send it to?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category or Arranged Employment Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 1112
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by iykedare(m): 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
solomonwis:

You will be eligible to apply after 2 years if you meet certain stipulated conditions/requirement. I should let you know your eligibility is dependent on the ever changing and dynamic immigration law of Canada and the need for your skills/expertise at the time.

Securing a job as a student is not a too hard nut to crack but you must ensure not go work outside of the stipulated time limit.

May God bless you for your selfless service here on nairaland.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
iykedare:

May God bless you for your selfless service here on nairaland.
Amen!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by borgyv: 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
thank you for such prompt reply. i will certainly take your advice and start on documenting my employment. thank you.

solomonwis:

1. Yes,you can for FSWP.

2. You don't need work reference from suppliers as you are not applying as self employed applicant. Like I stated earlier,your relationship with your husband's company must be formally documented just like every employees. Work reference must be provided like every employees. Bottomline,treat your relationship with the company as an employer-employee relationship.

3. Everybody applied as an employee of a company not minding who the promoters of the companies are. Few people apply as self-employed and the scrutiny with which their applications were subjected to is much more than a "skilled worker" employed by a company.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jukeblam(m): 12:01am On Jul 05, 2014
*double post*
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jukeblam(m): 12:01am On Jul 05, 2014
Has anyone ever requested a test re-mark from IELTS??
Can it be worth it or best bet is to resit?

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 7.0
Overall: 7.5

SO CLOSE!! That 'writing section' just killed all my efforts.....dang!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:25am On Jul 05, 2014
Royaldee: Pls I sent my application to the address below through UPS (courier). Can someone pls confirm if this is the right address to send it to?

Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category or Arranged Employment Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 1112
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada
[color=#006600][size=8pt]I just hope UPS will use their commonest of intuition ability to deliver it to the right place.I expected UPS to have informed you also that this address is for regular post for post office address.On your own part,you didn't read the whole instruction on the delivery address......you read it in part and stopped.
You were actually supposed to send to the address bellow.......

Federal Skilled WorkerNOC Category, NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Cheers
.[/size
][/color]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:42am On Jul 05, 2014
jukeblam: Has anyone ever requested a test re-mark from IELTS??

It's a decision left to you.I have seen a friend of mine demand for such service with half the amount for registration of the exam.....but at the end of the day,he had the same score and had to register for a new one to make it.You may not be able to win them in their own court as they will prove to you that their marking was right.
Personally,I will suggest that you register for a new one and aggregate all your indefatigable efforts into the writing section since your result suggest you are excellent in other sections.
Writing section seems the cheapest to me after speaking.....you just need to have the right secret in answering your question so that you won't answer off point.
I understand your pain but I'm sure you know that for you to be in this stage,you have given and invested enough so you need to forge ahead regardless of this setback.
I really wish you the best.
Cheers.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2014
damkollins:
It's a decision left to you.I have seen a friend of mine demand for such service with half the amount for registration of the exam.....but at the end of the day,he had the same score and had to register for a new one to make it.You may not be able to win them in their own court as they will prove to you that their marking was right.
Personally,I will suggest that you register for a new one and aggregate all your indefatigable efforts into the writing section since your result suggest you are excellent in other sections.
Writing section seems the cheapest to me after speaking.....you just need to have the right secret in answering your question so that you won't answer off point.
I understand your pain but I'm sure you know that for you to be in this stage,you have given and invested enough so you need to forge ahead regardless of this setback.
I really wish you the best.
Cheers.

Also, the time to process a remark is usually long and may even swallow 3 or 4 test dates. So I'll advice you retake it.

But that was a smashing result.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2014
Its been delivered and received by DAVID. Pls what is the implication of this? Does it mean my application will be returned or not treated?

@Solomonwis and others pls contribute

damkollins:
[color=#006600][size=8pt]I just hope UPS will use their commonest of intuition ability to deliver it to the right place.I expected UPS to have informed you also that this address is for regular post for post office address.On your own part,you didn't read the whole instruction on the delivery address......you read it in part and stopped.
You were actually supposed to send to the address bellow.......

Federal Skilled WorkerNOC Category, NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Cheers
.[/size
][/color]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2014
Royaldee: Its been delivered and received by DAVID. Pls what is the implication of this? Does it mean my application will be returned or not treated?

@Solomonwis and others pls contribute

I want to believe UPS used their sense right.
I have the impression that you are fine since you already got confirmation that it has been delivered and received.
Relax and be calm........you need all the patience in this world now to go through this stage of "waiting".
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 05, 2014
jukeblam: Has anyone ever requested a test re-mark from IELTS??

See that thing...very sumptuous. But is here ..allot d band properly to enfranchise writing section. I can send d BOMB to ace it...that is d only thing u need...and follow now u are hot. U can appeal if u trust what u wrote.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jukeblam(m): 8:56am On Jul 05, 2014
Hmm...sumptuous indeed- but e no belleful sad

Thing is, I used that BOMB (Ryan Higgins?) which probably originated from you- so I wonder why the low score still. Bad as e bad, I expected a 6.0 minimum score.

Anyways, I'll appeal and keep checking if a closer date opens up to re-register- the nearest available date is in Sept.(An EoR would have been complete by then). Otherwise, I register for Sept. Just hope my NOC isn't filled up by the time I send in my application.

@damkollins
Was your friend's demand in Writing or Speaking? As these are the sections that can have subjective scoring.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2014
jukeblam: Hmm...sumptuous indeed- but e no belleful sad

Thing is, I used that BOMB (Ryan Higgins?) which probably originated from you- so I wonder why the low score still. Bad as e bad, I expected a 6.0 minimum score.

Anyways, I'll appeal and keep checking if a closer date opens up to re-register- the nearest available date is in Sept.(An EoR would have been complete by then). Otherwise, I register for Sept. Just hope my NOC isn't filled up by the time I send in my application.

@damkollins
Was your friend's demand in Writing or Speaking? As these are the sections that can have subjective scoring.
Writing
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jukeblam(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2014
Ok. Seen. I'll still request the EoR, as I don't believe my writing could have been that bad.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2014
jukeblam: Ok. Seen. I'll still request the EoR, as I don't believe my writing could have been that bad.
If u used that BOMB...appeal. Ur problem is d timing...since Writing is not objective..
u are good. The guy that sent me d BOMB did appeal after seeing 7.0 & got 8.0 after.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
solomonwis:

Please read through the thread. This has been discussed over and over. You stand to benefit more reading the thread and gaining from other people's experiences.
Thanks! I have already began reading.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by folaonhigh(m): 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hello nairaland, i have some question to ask.
1 if i send my transcript to WES, will i recieve mail or email of the evalaution or will it be sent to Fwsp or will the evaluation be with Wes for futre us?so that in case i want to use it in future.
2. I work as a preseller with Nbc maker of coke, through an agency(contract). It is more like sales representative. Should categories the preseller job description as sales representative?
3 where can i do my IELTS?What is the level with whict to prepare?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
[quote author=folaonhigh]Hello nairaland, i have some question to ask.
1 if i send my transcript to WES, will i recieve mail or email of the evalaution or will it be sent to Fwsp or will the evaluation be with Wes for futre us?so that in case i want to use it in future.
2. I work as a preseller with Nbc maker of coke, through an agency(contract). It is more like sales representative. Should categories the preseller job description as sales representative?
3 where can i do my IELTS?What is the level with whict to prepare? [/quote

For question 1, your school is to send the transcript. When they send it, it will be received and your online account with WES will be updated. After WES has received your certificate , transcript and payment, they'll proceed with the evaluation. Usually, WES will send you two copies of the evaluation . So you can keep one and use the other for FSWP. WES will use a Courrier service to deliver it to your house.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
ferdimako:
If u used that BOMB...appeal. Ur problem is d timing...since Writing is not objective..
u are good. The guy that sent me d BOMB did appeal after seeing 7.0 & got 8.0 after.

Please Oga Ferdi.
Kindly help me with the BOMB material. Got a friend writing. He needs some assistance.
Please forward to bennyosazuwa1@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
folaonhigh: Hello nairaland, i have some question to ask.
3 where can i do my IELTS?What is the level with whict to prepare?

1.Your educational institution is supposed to send your transcripts to WES DIRECTLY at your request. Prior to this you must have registered on WES' website and obtained a reference number which has to be quoted on all correspondences between you and WES. You can track the progress of your evaluation on your application portal. Once evaluation is concluded,you will be sent your ECA result via regular post mail (except you opt for international express courier service which will cost you extra money). You will also be able to access your result online. Your evaluation result will be with WES for years and you can ask for upgrade for whatever purpose in the future.

2.You cannot change your job title. Apply under the same job title as it is now.However,you need to ensure your work reference(s) state your main duties and they align with the main duties of your eligible occupation.

3. Please approach the British Council office on details of how and where to register for IELTS. https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 10:33am On Jul 06, 2014
@Meritl, I have seen your reason for asking whether you should include your girlfriend or not in your application as a common-law partner. I saw same and won't want to complicate my application for now. @Solomon and ferdi, is it possible to update my officer later of a marriage after having considered my application? I count on you guys after God. Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
technolee: @Meritl, I have seen your reason for asking whether you should include your girlfriend or not in your application as a common-law partner. I saw same and won't want to complicate my application for now. @Solomon and ferdi, is it possible to update my officer later of a marriage after having considered my application? I count on you guys after God. Happy sunday
It's quite acceptable to update your status after you must have passed the application stage.
Update of status to include marriage,new born baby,divorce,change of jobs and so on are acceptable.
The local visa office in Accra can always be contacted to update your status with necessary supporting documents as evidence of change.
Marriage status supporting documents will include legal marriage certificate document,update of generic form,update of background information forms and additional information forms,you will need to pay processing free charges of 550CAD for a new spouse or 150CAD for a new baby,passport photographs,biodata page,PCC and so on.
If you have plans for marriage in the coming months,this should not delay your application package submission now as you can always add them to your status later on as you progresses.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.