Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829891 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hotstepper: Hello, hope everyone is fine. Please is c of o considered as part of proof of fund? And do 1 attach bank statements for past months or just a document to show u have that money. Also, Do one need to do background declaration for 6 months daughter? I can only see where it says for dependents over 18

C of O is not acceptable as proof of settlement fund. You can attach bank statement showing the appropriate unencumbered fund for the past month (can be for the past days too) prior to your application.

Background declaration is for dependents from 18 years and above.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
suxes2005: Hello guys,

Do a HND holder send degree from his ND and HND to WES for evaluation
or the HND is alone?

SHALOM

This question has been asked and answered on here,take a moment to read back.It will answer your question and enlighten you more on those who have gone through that route.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
hollaugo: Hello House. Great Forum for the FSW program. I only learnt of the program on monday, I have so far initiated the sending of my transcript to WES for validation. tried registering for IELTS unfortunately closest date is the 2nd of August in Abuja. Ill have to settle for that. My question is as regards two issues:

1. Birth Certificate - is it required
2. What is the deadline for application and about the settlement funds what is the actual amount required and can i just deposit it at once (must it be a dorm account)

Thanks guys.

What is your intended eligible occupation?

1. VERY required - this is a singular reason for rejection of many applications. Affidavit does not suffice in FSWP application.

2. The program runs between May 1st,2014 through to April 30th,2015. However there are caps for each eligible occupation presently pegged at 1,000 subject to a maximum of 25,000.

The required amount is dependent on your family size. You can read more here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Well,it is permitted at this stage to "deposit it at once" but you might (most times they do) be required to send a 12 month historical transaction of your bank statement.So be careful not to borrow this fund just to meet the requirement. It is expected that this fund will be available to you in liquid form at anytime during the processing of your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
Thank you

solomonwis:

C of O is not acceptable as proof of settlement fund. You can attach bank statement showing the appropriate unencumbered fund for the past month (can be for the past days too) prior to your application.

Background declaration is for dependents from 18 years and above.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by suxes2005(m): 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
solomonwis:

This question has been asked and answered on here,take a moment to read back.It will answer your question and enlighten you more on those who have gone through that route.

Thanks man.

Let blame it on NL's short offline hiatus.

Kindly help out biko
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
Oga Solo,

Please I am planning to use the following combination for settlement fee evidence: Pension (Retirement saving)-50%, account statement-30%, Stocks- 20%.

Are all these acceptable?

Thanks for your support.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ok, guys, I nEed you people to help me understand this my wes situation.

When I first sent my documents, my status read ...Documents recieved- review in progress.

Later, the status changed to -waiting for verfication from institution (they sent me a mail to notify me of this).

I just checked today and the status now reads ...documents recieved- review in progress.(They didn't send me a mail)

What does this mean? Does it me they've gotten verification from my institution? Does it mean my evaluation is almost done?

This evaluation has taken so long. I've sent mail to ask for directives to use courier service to do the verification from institution and I haven't gotten any response
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
suxes2005:

Thanks man.

Let blame it on NL's short offline hiatus.

Kindly help out biko
To read back pages?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
queen47: Ok, guys, I nEed you people to help me understand this my wes situation.

When I first sent my documents, my status read ...Documents recieved- review in progress.

Later, the status changed to -waiting for verfication from institution (they sent me a mail to notify me of this).

I just checked today and the status now reads ...documents recieved- review in progress.(They didn't send me a mail)

What does this mean? Does it me they've gotten verification from my institution? Does it mean my evaluation is almost done?

This evaluation has taken so long. I've sent mail to ask for directives to use courier service to do the verification from institution and I haven't gotten any response
Evaluation in progress. You will get a completion feedback from them soon. Don't fret.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 12:05am On Jul 10, 2014
queen47: Ok, guys, I nEed you people to help me understand this my wes situation.

If you are sure that your institution has sent a reply back to WES, and your status changed to "review in progress", it means they are doing a final review after which, they'll post your verification to you. The final ECA report could be sent via UPS between 3-5 days. Quite frustrating but surely.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 10, 2014
Listening : 7
Reading : 7.5
Speaking :7
Writing : 6.5

Please help calculate points I have earned under " language". I am the principal applicant.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 12:38am On Jul 10, 2014
Meritl: If you are sure that your institution has sent a reply back to WES, and your status changed to "review in progress", it means they are doing a final review after which, they'll post your verification to you. The final ECA report could be sent via UPS between 3-5 days. Quite frustrating but surely.

Well, I don't know if my institution has replied wes or not. I contacted them severally and they said they didn't get/havent gotten anything from wes, that was when I decided to explore the option of using courier service for the verification.

Let me wait and see if wes will contact me sooon

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 12:39am On Jul 10, 2014
technolee: Evaluation in progress. You will get a completion feedback from them soon. Don't fret.

Alright. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:45am On Jul 10, 2014
ANBAKO: Oga Solo,

Please I am planning to use the following combination for settlement fee evidence: Pension (Retirement saving)-50%, account statement-30%, Stocks- 20%.

Are all these acceptable?

Thanks for your support.

Yes,very well acceptable.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:56am On Jul 10, 2014
seunlovesa: Listening : 7
Reading : 7.5
Speaking :7
Writing : 6.5

Please help calculate points I have earned under " language". I am the principal applicant.

Listening (7.0) - 4 Points
Reading (7.5) - 6 Points
Speaking (7.0) - 6 Points
Writing (6.5) - 5 Points

Total score points 21 Points
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by suxes2005(m): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2014
ferdimako:
To read back pages?

I only need a direct answer, yes or no.

I have been checking back pages can't find
the answer.

Trust me I'm always ready to check stuffs
myself but this time need some heads up.

Wanna help?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by suxes2005(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Seriously it sucks looking for HND and ND
info on here. If anyone tell me the pages to check
I'll be happy to.

Been browsing NL since.

Solomonwis I don't think this is a biggie for
you to answer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:32am On Jul 10, 2014
hollaugo: Hello House. Great Forum for the FSW program. I only learnt of the program on monday, I have so far initiated the sending of my transcript to WES for validation. tried registering for IELTS unfortunately closest date is the 2nd of August in Abuja. Ill have to settle for that. My question is as regards two issues:

1. Birth Certificate - is it required
2. What is the deadline for application and about the settlement funds what is the actual amount required and can i just deposit it at once (must it be a dorm account)

Thanks guys.
Better late than never.
1.Birth Certificate is required....its an avenue to award you points for your age according to CIC guideline.If your birth certifcate is not available,you may do a sworn affidavit to declare your age...you will be fine.

2.Deadline seems trickist to me as CIC seems to be silent on it.Many school of thoughts believe it will run concurrently with Expression of interest that is starting in Jan,2015.In this case,It will end by April 30,2015

Another school of thoughts believe it will be stopped to pave way for expression of interest in January,2015.If this school of thought is true,it will definately end by 31st Dec,2014.
Attach is CIC instruction regarding it.
Cheers.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2014
suxes2005:

I only need a direct answer, yes or no.

I have been checking back pages can't find
the answer.

Trust me I'm always ready to check stuffs
myself but this time need some heads up.

Wanna help?
Taken a raincheck.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shakol91(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2014
ferdimako:
Taken a raincheck.
pls I need u on education section. Can I send you pm
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2014
damkollins:
Better late than never.
1.Birth Certificate is required....its an avenue to award you points for your age according to CIC guideline.If your birth certifcate is not available,you may do a sworn affidavit to declare your age...you will be fine.

2.Deadline seems trickist to me as CIC seems to be silent on it.Many school of thoughts believe it will run concurrently with Expression of interest that is starting in Jan,2015.In this case,It will end by April 30,2015

Another school of thoughts believe it will be stopped to pave way for expression of interest in January,2015.If this school of thought is true,it will definately end by 31st Dec,2014.
Attach is CIC instruction regarding it.
Cheers.

Permit me to add to what you have written. The gazette released prior to the start of this intake specifically mentioned April 30th,2015 as the deadline (Please check page 986 of the attached gazette). So,there can be no school of thought outside this (except when the ministerial instruction and another gazette state otherwise which I doubt anyways). Here is the link http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-04-26/pdf/g1-14817.pdf

Again,I have seen several people especially Indians and Pakistanis rejected on the basis of replacing birth certificate with sworn affidavit. Whatever was responsible for this is best known to CIC. Following from this,I have always advised that sworn affidavit should not take the place of Birth certificate when applying for FSWP (just as a precautionary measure). Besides,it cost next to nothing when you apply for birth certificate even with NPC in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2014
solomonwis:

Permit me to add to what you have written. The gazette released prior to the start of this intake specifically mentioned April 30th,2015 as the deadline (Please check page 986 of the attached gazette). So,there can be no school of thought outside this (except when the ministerial instruction and another gazette state otherwise which I doubt anyways). Here is the link http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-04-26/pdf/g1-14817.pdf

Again,I have seen several people especially Indians and Pakistanis rejected on the basis of replacing birth certificate with sworn affidavit. Whatever was responsible for this is best known to CIC. Following from this,I have always advised that sworn affidavit should not take the place of Birth certificate when applying for FSWP (just as a precautionary measure). Besides,it cost next to nothing when you apply for birth certificate even with NPC in Nigeria.
Yes.....saw it too which is why I'm surprised why some people have different opinion...I guess its because CIC were not explicit enough in their instruction but I believe the gazette oversees CIC operations.

This affidavit issue won't be fair to so many applicants.
Personally,I believe there should not be substitute for birth certificate but seems to me some applicants are getting positive result with it.....I really don't like taking chances in my life and always advice potential applicants to go for the best options that support their claim.Birth certificate with NPC seems easy to me than swearing in court grin
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
shakol91: pls I need u on education section. Can I send you pm
Talk there...I'm listening.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by OluFavor: 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
solomonwis:

"...besides,it cost next to nothing when you apply for birth certificate even with NPC in Nigeria"

kindly confirm that with "birth certificate", you are referring to the "Attestation of Birth/Statutory Declaration of Age" that NPC gives to someone with missing birth certificate?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by barinnbomi: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hello guys,

or the HND is alone?

SHALOM

ND is a prerequisite for the award of HND thus your ND certificate will be required by WES to do a complete evaluations.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
OluFavor:

"...besides,it cost next to nothing when you apply for birth certificate even with NPC in Nigeria"

kindly confirm that with "birth certificate", you are referring to the "Attestation of Birth/Statutory Declaration of Age" that NPC gives to someone with missing birth certificate?
Thanks.

Yes please...in the eye of CIC,this carry more weight( Please don't get me wrong....others must have included sworn affidavit and scaled the hurdle).Judging from recent rejection experience,I will always advise people to go for the NPC's birth authentication document.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
solomonwis:

Yes please...in the eye of CIC,this carry more weight( Please don't get me wrong....others must have included sworn affidavit and scaled the hurdle).Judging from recent rejection experience,I will always advise people to go for the NPC's birth authentication document.

Thanks Mr Solo. Just to clarify things, I have my original birth certificate. Hope that is good compared with the birth authentication document?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
Meritl:

Thanks Mr Solo. Just to clarify things, I have my original birth certificate. Hope that is good compared with the birth authentication document?

Yes,that's good (The required document).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
solomonwis:

What is your intended eligible occupation?

1. VERY required - this is a singular reason for rejection of many applications. Affidavit does not suffice in FSWP application.

2. The program runs between May 1st,2014 through to April 30th,2015. However there are caps for each eligible occupation presently pegged at 1,000 subject to a maximum of 25,000.

The required amount is dependent on your family size. You can read more here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Well,it is permitted at this stage to "deposit it at once" but you might (most times they do) be required to send a 12 month historical transaction of your bank statement.So be careful not to borrow this fund just to meet the requirement. It is expected that this fund will be available to you in liquid form at anytime during the processing of your application.
Thanks. i am an IT Business and System Analyst 2171. Would birth certificate from local government or should i get the NPC birth certificate.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
hollaugo: Thanks. i am an IT Business and System Analyst 2171. Would birth certificate from local government or should i get the NPC birth certificate.

Birth Certificate from local government will suffice.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
solomonwis:

Birth Certificate from local government will suffice.
Thanks Solomon. This forum is really helpful and I will update my experience and status as i apply.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by suxes2005(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
barinnbomi: Hello guys,

or the HND is alone?

SHALOM

ND is a prerequisite for the award of HND thus your ND certificate will be required by WES to do a complete evaluations.

Your head is valid smiley

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.