Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (831374 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
technolee: I need advise on the statement of account or account declaration of a thing @Gurus.
Do I need to add a letter myself to give an approximate conversion of the balance to USD? Also, is a month statement of account okay??.
CIC officials work includes conversion of your statement of accounts to Canadian equivalent Soooooo there is really no need to add a cover letter.
Don't worry....so many applicants including myself did not include cover letter and it was okay.
You must also understand that regardless of your cover letter,CIC will use the existing and current exchange rate at the international market for their conversion which is why i always advice applicants to add 10% excess of their family size POF to take care of negative market fluctuations in currency by the time CIC is processing their application .
Summarily,leave but cover letter regarding this issue.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
good day house. i am a medical doctor with the MBBS degree and 5 years working experience. i am married wt 2 kids. what are my chances pls
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Joe980: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello house...would appreciate IELTS materials sent to oliverjoe980 at yahoo dot com
@Ferdi and damkollins is it cool to attach degree cert with transcrip request form for school to send to ECA so as to safe cost? And from experience which ECA body would you recommend? Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
tayoamos: good day house. i am a medical doctor with the MBBS degree and 5 years working experience. i am married wt 2 kids. what are my chances pls
You have a very good chance of qualification. You just need to get your ECA & IELTS, if not gotten. These are the time consuming procedure in the application
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
honey86:
I filled my form and finger-printed at state cid in ibadan. They took it to lagos and I collected a week later. Just visit the state cid headquarter in your state
Tnx a lot as this will save me all the stress. I read it on cic website that Lagos is the designated centre however for those non-resident, what you just described above sufficed.
honey86:
No, go to your state cid office, thy will take your finger print and have it sent to lagos, then give you a date to come for it.

[quote author=Liss][/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
tayoamos: good day house. i am a medical doctor with the MBBS degree and 5 years working experience. i am married wt 2 kids. what are my chances pls
[b]Consdering the time limit with respect to your NOC ,you have time ahead of you to make it.
You will need to evaluate your mbbs degree with MCC through the link below....
http://mcc.ca/repository/educational-credential-assessment/
From experience,you will have 23 points based on experience regarding your certificate.
If you are between 18 and 35 years of age,you will have 12 points regarding age.
On experience,you will have 13points provided your employer can give you letter of experience detailing your duties with reference to your NOC ,date of employment,working hours any monthly /annual salary.
This shows you have 48 points and you need 67 points to apply.You need 19 points more to get to 67 points and you can score this in IELTS test that you must write.Your spouse also can help you by gliving you 5 points on adaptability.....reducing pressure from your 19 points downwards.
You are on the right thread....ask your questions and our guru will help you out.
My Personal advice....start your mbbs degree evaluation and your IELTS.
Cheers.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 5:52am On Jul 22, 2014
Hello everyone,v bin following dis post for more than 2weeks now.Great job! Please,i have a question ‎on POF..after submitting bank statement/fixed deposit slip with d documents,can i move d money and start spending? Or i will have to leave d money in my account till CIC decide ‎​on my application? Thank u
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:37am On Jul 22, 2014
bharoka: Good evening House, Please i am new in the house. I am a banker with BSc Ind Mathematics. I would appreciate it if i can be schooled on the step by step process of applying for the Canadian Federal Skilled worker Program. Expecting ur urgent responses.

The first step is to do a self assessment to see if you qualify for FSWP here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

You will then have your educational qualifications assessed by agencies designated by the Canadian government

You have to write an English/French test to prove your proficiency in English/French.

You gather your documents and send.

Please read through the thread to understand what the process is like....It makes the process simple when you do that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2014
Joe980: Hello house...would appreciate IELTS materials sent to oliverjoe980 at yahoo dot com
@Ferdi and damkollins is it cool to attach degree cert with transcrip request form for school to send to ECA so as to safe cost? And from experience which ECA body would you recommend? Thanks
It's better to send your certificate by yourself, as the ECA body may suspect foul play if it's sent together by the school. In addition, I used WES for my verification and it was a nice experience. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:42am On Jul 22, 2014
pinchocreamy: Hello everyone,v bin following dis post for more than 2weeks now.Great job! Please,i have a question ‎on POF..after submitting bank statement/fixed deposit slip with d documents,can i move d money and start spending? Or i will have to leave d money in my account till CIC decide ‎​on my application? Thank u

It is advisable to spend the money only IF you can provide same when requested with proof of the inflow within the space of time given... The assumption is,the money should be kept in your account for the period under which your application is in process. However,the reality is people spend the money (mostly on short term investments) and can easily provide this money once requested through the disposal or sale of this investment. You must be able to provide proof if the lump sum is outside the normal flow of transaction in your account. You are not allowed to "borrow" this money. You must have proof that this money belongs to you and it is unencumbered of any debt.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by borgyv: 6:48am On Jul 22, 2014
solomonwise can you clarify the ff:

1. i have my diploma translated to english by my school itself, do i still need to asked them for affidavit? or is diploma translated to english by the school is suffice?

2.certified true copy by the school not okay? cause in cic website it didnt specify if the school will provide certified copy.

as it is i hope im not yet late in submitting fot fsw, my ielts results will come out on Aug 2, then WES another 30days. my noc is cold though so Im hoping for the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2014
Ekpekus1:
Tnx a lot as this will save me all the stress. I read it on cic website that Lagos is the designated centre however for those non-resident, what you just described above sufficed.

Don't do police report now....it will expire by d time CIC calls for it. Wait till they call for it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Joe980: 7:50am On Jul 22, 2014
Meritl: It's better to send your certificate by yourself, as the ECA body may suspect foul play if it's sent together by the school. In addition, I used WES for my verification and it was a nice experience. Cheers.
Thanks bruv.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 8:04am On Jul 22, 2014
Thank you sir.am a business woman,tot i could pull out some,use for business and return it later.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 8:08am On Jul 22, 2014
Also,is it allowed to add spouse's bank statement/fix deposit incase the money in d account of the principal applicant is not enough?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:26am On Jul 22, 2014
borgyv: solomonwise can you clarify the ff:

1. i have my diploma translated to english by my school itself, do i still need to asked them for affidavit? or is diploma translated to english by the school is suffice?

2.certified true copy by the school not okay? cause in cic website it didnt specify if the school will provide certified copy.

as it is i hope im not yet late in submitting fot fsw, my ielts results will come out on Aug 2, then WES another 30days. my noc is cold though so Im hoping for the best.

1.It is necessary to provide an affidavit along with the translated English copy. Let it be clearly stated in the affidavit that it as it is customary for the school to translate the result,you have only provided a certified copy as translated by the school.

2.It is okay but support it with an affidavit.

In the above scenario,ensure you specify that it is customary for the school to provide translated copy of the original result in the affidavit to be attached.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2014
pinchocreamy: Also,is it allowed to add spouse's bank statement/fix deposit incase the money in d account of the principal applicant is not enough?
pinchocreamy: Thank you sir.am a business woman,tot i could pull out some,use for business and return it later.

Let me state this clearly...

Don't try to beat the system.

Don't try to be too smart with your Proof of Settlement Fund.

You don't want to go through the hassle and lose it all in the end. CIC have in place mechanism with which "borrowed funds" are discovered.

The fund is not supposed to be for business per se...Otherwise,you might want to use your company account as proof of settlement fund.

This fund is separate and it is meant to show you can conveniently take care of yourself and your family while you settle down in Canada.

That said,you can provide the proof of settlement fund in the name of the Principal Applicant,spouse and/or both.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 9:40am On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
Don't do police report now....it will expire by d time CIC calls for it. Wait till they call for it.
Does it mean that it is not required when submitting the application? or should we wait till it is requested? I am a little bit confused here.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jukeblam(m): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2014
I am not able to get a reference letter from my previous place of work- due to "company policy".

What documents do I need to collate to solve that aspect of the application?

P.S. My payslips during my time at the company were electronic and have been lost, so I won't be able to include those.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 9:49am On Jul 22, 2014
damkollins:
CIC officials work includes conversion of your statement of accounts to Canadian equivalent Soooooo there is really no need to add a cover letter.
Don't worry....so many applicants including myself did not include cover letter and it was okay.
You must also understand that regardless of your cover letter,CIC will use the existing and current exchange rate at the international market for their conversion which is why i always advice applicants to add 10% excess of their family size POF to take care of negative market fluctuations in currency by the time CIC is processing their application .
Summarily,leave but cover letter regarding this issue.
Cheers
You are too much damkollins. One more thing to ask before I will follow your on here; in the schedule A form, where we have assets, liabilities and unencumbered cash, do I need to convert the assets to CAD as that is the default currency. Also, is the 'asset+liabilities =unencumbered cash'?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2014
Ekpekus:
Does it mean that it is not required when submitting the application? or should we wait till it is requested? I am a little bit confused here.
Yep until AVO tells u to. Send every other document now to Sydney.

Police report, verification of settlement fund and others will be done in Accra.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2014
People can fix deposits. I don't know how CIC will know it was borrowed. Again, no need for cash flows. From an immigration attorney.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
Yep until AVO tells u to. Send every other document now to Sydney.

Police report, verification of settlement fund and others will be done in Accra.
ok. though the check list #18 states "you are strongly encouraged to submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO"
it went further to say, police certificates are generally considered to be valid for one year from the date of issue. therefore depending on the processing time of your application, you may be requested to submit new certificates.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako: People can fix deposits. I don't know how CIC will know it was borrowed. Again, no need for cash flows. From an immigration attorney.

You might want to provide explanation about "Again, no need for cash flows"

CIC will always know if it is borrowed....They might allow you pass at the initial stage but will definitely ask for updated proof of settlement fund. They can go as far as asking you to provide your bank statement (including Fixed Deposit) for a period of 12 months prior to the request. The pattern of your transactions(lodgements and withdrawals) will be scrutinized. They will ask for proof of any fund that is inconsistent with the transaction pattern over the period.

I have seen a case where updated proof of settlement fund was requested for and instead of picking the closing balance as proof,they picked the balance prior to credit lodgement in the account.This might fall short of the required fund....

Cases abound as per how CIC detect borrowed fund. So,rather than go through the trauma of gambling with borrowed fund,why not abide by the rules.....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2014
Ekpekus:
ok. though the check list #18 states "you are strongly encouraged to submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO"
it went further to say, police certificates are generally considered to be valid for one year from the date of issue. therefore depending on the processing time of your application, you may be requested to submit new certificates.
I don't think others have submitted.... I don't think Sydney wants to see it. We have two offices...first is Sydney and they transfer u to Accra. Let others pitch in.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2014
solomonwis:

You might want to provide explanation about "Again, no need for cash flows"

CIC will always know if it is borrowed....They might allow you pass at the initial stage but will definitely ask for updated proof of settlement fund. They can go as far as asking you to provide your bank statement (including Fixed Deposit) for a period of 12 months prior to the request. The pattern of your transactions(lodgements and withdrawals) will be scrutinized. They will ask for proof of any fund that is inconsistent with the transaction pattern over the period.

I have seen a case where updated proof of settlement fund was requested for and instead of picking the closing balance as proof,they picked the balance prior to credit lodgement in the account.This might fall short of the required fund....

Cases abound as per how CIC detect borrowed fund. So,rather than go through the trauma of gambling with borrowed fund,why not abide by the rules.....
If u borrow and fix for a year...they wouldn't figure that out. Fixed deposits do not have any flows. May be that works for FD only. An immigration attorney told me and I believe him.

If u wld like to read it and other interpretations.... pm me or drop an e-mail addy.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
If u borrow and fix for a year...they wouldn't figure that out. Fixed deposits do not have any flows. May be that works for FD only. An immigration attorney told me and I believe him.

That is being fraudulent...I am wondering why an immigration attorney will tell you that.

The Proof of settlement fund is not a show off to CIC or anybody. Why would anybody in his right senses want to leave a country for another country without having enough fund to cushion the effect of such transition (because there will always be an effect). Why would anybody in his right senses want to "borrow" money in order to fix it for a whole year,what economic sense is in that?

That is why the program is for skilled workers...A skilled worker will not want to circumvent such process especially one that bother on his/her welfare....

Again,even if you are issued a visa,you might be asked at the POE to provide such proof again..and this time it will be checked. If you eventually scale that too (assuming you are smart enough to scale it),how do you survive in the event that you are not able to secure a job immediately? How do you rent an apartment,feed yourself,go out scouting for job and live a normal life?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2014
solomonwis:

That is being fraudulent...I am wondering why an immigration attorney will tell you that.

The Proof of settlement fund is not a show off to CIC or anybody. Why would anybody in his right senses want to leave a country for another country without having enough fund to cushion the effect of such transition (because there will always be an effect). Why would anybody in his right senses want to "borrow" money in order to fix it for a whole year,what economic sense is in that?

That is why the program is for skilled workers...A skilled worker will not want to circumvent such process especially one that bother on his/her welfare....

Again,even if you are issued a visa,you might be asked at the POE to provide such proof again..and this time it will be checked. If you eventually scale that too (assuming you are smart enough to scale it),how do you survive in the event that you are not able to secure a job immediately? How do you rent an apartment,feed yourself,go out scouting for job and live a normal life?
He didn't tell me to borrow. I figured that out myself....since no cash flow required....FD could be it for some folks.

Some folks are skilled and educated but don't have enough fund to migrate. If economy here is so cool...half of us won't bother going abroad.

All that could be thrashed out after visa is in sight...u see everybody pitching in.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
He didn't tell me to borrow. I figured that out myself....since no cash flow required....FD could be it for some folks.

Some folks are skilled and educated but don't have enough fund to migrate. If economy here is so cool...half of us won't bother going abroad.

Unfortunately, CIC sets the rules and the skilled workers have to follow if truly and indeed they want to move to Canada.

It takes a whole lot of sacrifices for people to move down to another country. If Canada is magnanimous enough to offer permanent residence to skilled workers all over the world,skilled workers should be able to be magnanimous enough to follow the rules,play the game by the rules.

Again,let me correct the popular fallacy that there's "...no cashflow required.." Cashflow will be required at a later stage! It will be emotionally traumatic to discover this when hopes are high and you are rest assured all is well with your application. (Ask people who almost scaled the hurdle and were told at some point,few meters away from the issuance of the PR,that they are not qualified). They stand to lose a whole lot in terms of resources and wasted time.To cap it all up,it is really traumatic...

By the way,what happens to applicants who apply to Australia who have to pay over N1 million just for application fee? Do they have to borrow this too when they are not rest assured that they will be issued the visa?

Bottom line is,if you must participate abide by the rules! You don't have what it take to move down,stay clear! Why?It is not worth the effort when you know you might get caught,your records in is their system and you will probably be on the watch list...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=solomonwis]

[b]That is why the program is for skilled workers...A skilled worker will not want to circumvent such process especially one that bother on his/her welfare....

Again,even if you are issued a visa,you might be asked at the POE to provide such proof again..and this time it will be checked. If you eventually scale that too (assuming you are smart enough to scale it),how do you survive in the event that you are not able to secure a job immediately? How do you rent an apartment,feed yourself,go out scouting for job and live a normal life?[/[/b]quote]

some people may not have the money presently but may raise that amount while the processing is on going. I have 3/4 of that amount,hope to borrow from a friend then fill it to that required amount in few months time. Having that stipulated amount or even more is good for whoever that wants to go to a foreign land cos your friends wont be there to help you if you run out of cash.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2014
double post
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2014
solomonwis:

Unfortunately, CIC sets the rules and the skilled workers have to follow if truly and indeed they want to move to Canada.

It takes a whole lot of sacrifices for people to move down to another country. If Canada is magnanimous enough to offer permanent residence to skilled workers all over the world,skilled workers should be able to be magnanimous enough to follow the rules,play the game by the rules.

Again,let me correct the popular fallacy that there's "...no cashflow required.." Cashflow will be required at a later stage! It will be emotionally traumatic to discover this when hopes are high and you are rest assured all is well with your application. (Ask people who almost scaled the hurdle and were told at some point,few meters away from the issuance of the PR,that they are not qualified). They stand to lose a whole lot in terms of resources and wasted time.To cap it all up,it is really traumatic...

By the way,what happens to applicants who apply to Australia who have to pay over N1 million just for application fee? Do they have to borrow this too when they are not rest assured that they will be issued the visa?

Bottom line is,if you must participate abide by the rules! You don't have what it take to move down,stay clear! Why?It is not worth the effort when you know you might get caught,your records in is their system and you will probably be on the watch list...

All I know is if u fix deposit...it's only d maturity date that matters. No cash flow! For Oz, it is pretty straightforward... esp subclass189, no settlement fund or evidence is required. We borrow to study, marry and even to settle and live.

Some well-off people still run back...Canada not what they thought.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.