Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829865 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2014
Pls my good nairalanders, is it wise for WES to send only result certificate for verification. My school called me and told me that instead of wes to send transcript for verification, they sent only my HND certificate for verification. Do you think they will later send my transcript for verification?. Am in a dilemma now, I applied for credentials evaluation and Nova scotia provincial nominee which I applied to gave me a deadline being 8 of September that my application will be refused if I don't provide my ECA. My school has sent my verification but am worried as they sent only my HND certificate for verification which were what wes requested to be verified
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:27am On Aug 24, 2014
Omo mehn dis tin slow die.Do we have to wait for it to fill up b4 they start processing?
damkollins: Caps updates!
Total received toward the overall cap: 1421 of 25,000
Check link below for breakdown.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2014
Please when did u apply?
ankprank: Thank yoou veryyyyyyyyyyyyy muuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear solomonwise you and this blog has helped ppl like us very much.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2014
needful: Pls my good nairalanders, is it wise for WES to send only result certificate for verification. My school called me and told me that instead of wes to send transcript for verification, they sent only my HND certificate for verification. Do you think they will later send my transcript for verification?. Am in a dilemma now, I applied for credentials evaluation and Nova scotia provincial nominee which I applied to gave me a deadline being 8 of September that my application will be refused if I don't provide my ECA. My school has sent my verification but am worried as they sent only my HND certificate for verification which were what wes requested to be verified

You obviously can't dictate to WES what should be forwarded to your educational institution to confirm the authenticity of your qualification. They can decide to send anything to confirm the genuineness of your qualification. Moreover,you are not expected to be seen in the process of authentication. All your school needs to do is to confirm your qualification (certificate) is genuine.

It is not stated anywhere that only your transcripts will be verified so you need to be rest assured that the process is ongoing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
W[quote author=solomonwis]

You obviously can't dictate to WES what should be forwarded to your educational institution to confirm the authenticity of your qualification. They can decide to send anything to confirm the genuineness of your qualification. Moreover,you are not expected to be seen in the process of authentication. All your school needs to do is to confirm your qualification (certificate) is genuine.

It is not stated anywhere that only your transcripts will be verified so you need to be rest assured that the process is ongoing.[/quote

Thank you for your kind response
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
@twentyfourseven, u have to be sure ur job over there is not regulated if not current job duties can't get that NOC when u bring in ur first degree.

I read at another place where an Indian that has a B.A but has been teaching computer and other subjects for years was refused because he hadn't a BED cert and applied under teacher against Manitoba Province Nominations. .

Unless FWS ignores it via CIC or u check d regulations of d NOC ur current duties will fetch.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by demiiii(f): 1:37am On Aug 25, 2014
Hello,
Can you help me differntiate between 0121 and 1212. I am an insurance graduate and am also qualified with years of experience in the insurance company and insurance brokerage firm. Which of the NOC do I choose as I know that I am not a clerk nor am I a manager yet.

Also, I am married but my international passport carries my maiden name.so I have to fill the fsw forms in my maiden name but where I am asked if I have used any other name, I picked no. My question is -where does my married name come into the form as am still married nor am I divorced.
My fsw forms carry only my maiden name because dats the name on my intl passport.
All letters of reference from my workplace will be carrying my married name.

What do I do? Help.
Please also add me to the canadavisa forum on whatsapp.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by demiiii(f): 2:25am On Aug 25, 2014
demiiii: Hello,
Can you help me differntiate between 0121 and 1212. I am an insurance graduate and am also qualified with years of experience in the insurance company and insurance brokerage firm. Which of the NOC do I choose as I know that I am not a clerk nor am I a manager yet.

Also, I am married but my international passport carries my maiden name.so I have to fill the fsw forms in my maiden name but where I am asked if I have used any other name, I picked no. My question is -where does my married name come into the form as am still married nor am I divorced.
My fsw forms carry only my maiden name because dats the name on my intl passport.

What do I do? Help.

How do I get bank draft in canadian dollars
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:13am On Aug 25, 2014
demiiii: Hello,

What do I do? Help.
Differentiating between the two NOC job descriptions with respect to your application solely depends on you .
Your job descriptions and work experience needs to be scrutinized very well and compare with the two NOC codes job descriptions.
Regardless of your job tittle or name.....its your job descriptions that matters and it's only you that knows it.
Regarding your married or maiden name ,you have no issues provided your marriage certificate in the law court is included .
On the FSW forms ,only fill your details found on your international passport document .
Your legalized marriage certificate settles everything ....you are safe.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 7:40am On Aug 25, 2014
goof morning all. please i hv a question.can i submit a bank certificate instead of a bank statement to nova scotia (at the initial stage)? also has anyone evaluated a 3rd class degree? what is the equivalent of a 3rd class degree in canada?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:43am On Aug 25, 2014
demiiii:

How do I get bank draft in canadian dollars
It depends on your bank in Nigeria but regardless ,i want to believe it's the same process.
For Gtbank ,you are expected to have a domicilliary account with Gtbank so if you dont have,you need to open one with them.
If you have already or after you just opened it,you are expected to fund your account with united states dollar currency in the region of what you are expected to raise as Canadian draft.US dollar is stronger than Canadian dollar......if you need to raise 1250CAD ,just fund your account with US dollar1300 because you will be charged about UD40 for the tranaction .
Approach Gtbank and tell them you want to raise a draft in Canadian dollar currency....it will be done.
I won't be surprised if your Gtbank directs you to their Plural branch at Oyin Jolayemi street off Ademola Adetokunbo street to do it.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by VCTROKOYE: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2014
Hi house. I am presently studying in Canada but I am also interested in Federal Skilled stuff. My greatest challenge is how to get police report. Please is it possible to request for it from abroad?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 8:04am On Aug 25, 2014
good morning all. please i hv a question.can i
submit a bank certificate instead of a bank
statement to nova scotia (at the initial stage)? also
has anyone evaluated a 3rd class degree? what is
the equivalent of a 3rd class degree in canada? please reply
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 8:09am On Aug 25, 2014
also can i use my husbands domicilliary account to pay?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 8:09am On Aug 25, 2014
also can i use my husbands domicilliary account to pay? i am the principal applicant. thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:30am On Aug 25, 2014
omonade11: goof morning all. please i hv a question.can i submit a bank certificate instead of a bank statement to nova scotia (at the initial stage)? also has anyone evaluated a 3rd class degree? what is the equivalent of a 3rd class degree in canada?
[b]Bank certificate is accepted but nobody will penalize you if you just print out your statement of account........in either case,you will still be asked for an update of POF later so i advise you to print out the statement of account....anyone is okay.
Though I've not seen anyone evaluate a third degree certificate but the intentions of the evaluation of certificates /degree is not to know the brilliance of applicants....atleast for now.
This is the reason why first class,2nd class upper,2nd class lower have the same Evaluation summary and i believe it will be the same when a third class or even a third class certificate or degree if is evaluated also.
From my understanding with critical analysis of an evaluation report,its is intended to know if your awarding institution is globally recognized,your adminission requirements ,Length of programme and to determine the equivalence of certificates.
From your transcripts sent,your equivalence will be determined .
I believe there is no issue in evaluation ........most applicants will never tell you the class of degree they evaluated....but i believe you are fine.
Cheers.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:35am On Aug 25, 2014
omonade11: also can i use my husbands domicilliary account to pay?
Yes you can use it.
The Draft is not tied to an applicant's account number.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:44am On Aug 25, 2014
VCTROKOYE: Hi house. I am presently studying in Canada but I am also interested in Federal Skilled stuff. My greatest challenge is how to get police report. Please is it possible to request for it from abroad?

You can request for PCC while outside Nigeria but you must contact the FCID Forensic department Alagbon,Lagos for the procedure. You will be requested to provide your finger print,2 passport photograph and the bio data page of your international passport.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2014
omonade11: good morning all. please i hv a question.can i
submit a bank certificate instead of a bank
statement to nova scotia (at the initial stage)? also
has anyone evaluated a 3rd class degree? what is
the equivalent of a 3rd class degree in canada? please reply

As,mentioned earlier by @damkollins your class of degree does not matter but your degree must be adjudged to be equivalent to a Canadian degree (and this is where you should focus your attention) by and approved agency.Nobody can give you the equivalent of your degree except you approach an approved agency for evaluation.

Yes,bank certificate is acceptable
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2014
solomonwis:

You can request for PCC while outside Nigeria but you must contact the FCID Forensic department Alagbon,Lagos for the procedure. You will be requested to provide your finger print,2 passport photograph and the bio data page of your international passport.
Just an addendum to what solomonwis said.....please find information on this link below...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/nigeria.asp
Also,find visible in the attached.
Cheers.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:54am On Aug 25, 2014
damkollins:
[b]Bank certificate is accepted but nobody will penalize you if you just print out your statement of account........in either case,you will still be asked for an update of POF later so i advise you to print out the statement of account....anyone is okay.
Though I've not seen anyone evaluate a third degree certificate but the intentions of the evaluation of certificates /degree is not to know the brilliance of applicants....atleast for now.
This is the reason why first class,2nd class upper,2nd class lower have the same Evaluation summary and i believe it will be the same when a third class or even a third class certificate or degree if is evaluated also.
From my understanding with critical analysis of an evaluation report,its is intended to know if your awarding institution is globally recognized,your adminission requirements ,Length of programme and to determine the equivalence of certificates.
I believe there is no issue in evaluation ........most applicants will never tell you the class of degree they evaluated....but i believe you are fine.
Cheers.[/b]

Hi, Pls i would like you to throw more light on what you said about being asked to update POF later. Would this bw done in writing, and which level of the process would this be, before or after medicals. Pls reply.

Tks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twentyfourseven: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2014
ferdimako: @twentyfourseven, u have to be sure ur job over there is not regulated if not current job duties can't get that NOC when u bring in ur first degree.

I read at another place where an Indian that has a B.A but has been teaching computer and other subjects for years was refused because he hadn't a BED cert and applied under teacher against Manitoba Province Nominations. .

Unless FWS ignores it via CIC or u check d regulations of d NOC ur current duties will fetch.

this is serious!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2014
yomifowe:

Hi, Pls i would like you to throw more light on what you said about being asked to update POF later. Would this bw done in writing, and which level of the process would this be, before or after medicals. Pls reply.

Tks
Most probably ,it will be at the advance stage of the process.
It may be just before medical request or incorporated into the medical request.
Surely,you will receive it through the email you identified on your Generic form.
Because of the unusual length of the PR process in Accra,there is 95% likelihood of them asking for updates even if you use a well verified statement of account as they need to be sure.
Most importantly,A bank certificate or statement of account with history of lump sum deposit of cash will surely be asked for an update of the POF.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2014
damkollins:
Most probably ,it will be at the advance stage of the process.
It may be just before medical request or incorporated into the medical request.
Surely,you will receive it through the email you identified on your Generic form.
Because of the unusual length of the PR process in Accra,there is 95% likelihood of them asking for updates even if you use a well verified statement of account as they need to be sure.
Most importantly,A bank certificate or statement of account with history of lump sum deposit of cash will surely be asked for an update of the POF.
Cheers.

Quite well delivered, thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by walmart: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
Please below is my language proficiency result,
Listening 7.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.0
Speaking 7.5
Overall Score 7.0

Please can someone help me with the total marks I will have for first language in CLB. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
walmart: Please below is my language proficiency result,
Listening 7.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.0
Speaking 7.5
Overall Score 7.0

Please can someone help me with the total marks I will have for first language in CLB. Thanks
Check the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Listening...4 points
Reading....6 points
Writing.....4 points
Speaking...6 points.
Tatal....20 points.
Congrats.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Bank certificate is accepted but nobody will
penalize you if you just print out your statement of
account........in either case,you will still be asked
for an update of POF later so i advise you to print
out the statement of account....anyone is okay.
Though I've not seen anyone evaluate a third
degree certificate but the intentions of the
evaluation of certificates /degree is not to know
the brilliance of applicants....atleast for now.
This is the reason why first class,2nd class
upper,2nd class lower have the same Evaluation
summary and i believe it will be the same when a
third class or even a third class certificate or
degree if is evaluated also.
From my understanding with critical analysis of an
evaluation report,its is intended to know if your
awarding institution is globally recognized,your
adminission requirements ,Length of programme
and to determine the equivalence of certificates.
From your transcripts sent,your equivalence will
be determined .
I believe there is no issue in evaluation ........most
applicants will never tell you the class of degree
they evaluated....but i believe you are fine.
Cheers.

GOD bless you for this.. also can i use my hubby"s dorm account to pay? and i can use his account as proof of funds.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
damkollins:
Cheers.[/b]

GOD bless you. also help me wit my ielts points
reading 9
listening 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 6
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by walmart: 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
damkollins:
Check the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Listening...4 points
Reading....6 points
Writing.....4 points
Speaking...6 points.
Tatal....20 points.
Congrats.
Cheers.
@ damkollins, Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Na waa o!
I don ask 3 queshions now for dis thread and I no see reply.
Is there any password?Or am I doing it d wrong way?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
omonade11: Bank certificate is accepted but nobody will
penalize you if you just print out your statement of
account........in either case,you will still be asked
for an update of POF later so i advise you to print
out the statement of account....anyone is okay.
Though I've not seen anyone evaluate a third
degree certificate but the intentions of the
evaluation of certificates /degree is not to know
the brilliance of applicants....atleast for now.
This is the reason why first class,2nd class
upper,2nd class lower have the same Evaluation
summary and i believe it will be the same when a
third class or even a third class certificate or
degree if is evaluated also.
From my understanding with critical analysis of an
evaluation report,its is intended to know if your
awarding institution is globally recognized,your
adminission requirements ,Length of programme
and to determine the equivalence of certificates.
From your transcripts sent,your equivalence will
be determined .
I believe there is no issue in evaluation ........most
applicants will never tell you the class of degree
they evaluated....but i believe you are fine.
Cheers.

GOD bless you for this.. also can i use my hubby"s dorm account to pay? and i can use his account as proof of funds.

Surely....POF can be from either spouses or both.
I always prefer it to be both no matter how small is in the account of the other party(if he/she is actually the principal applicant)
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Na waa o!
I don ask 3 queshions now for dis thread and I no see reply.
Is there any password?Or am I doing it d wrong way?
Sorry...its an over sight.
No password grin grin grin
I'll check back to respond to them if i can soonest.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.