Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828863 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
omonade11:

GOD bless you. also help me wit my ielts points
reading 9
listening 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 6
Check the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Reading........6 points.
Listening.......6 points
Writing.........5 points
Speaking.......4 points.
Total ....21 points.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=damkollins]
Surely....POF can be from either spouses or both.
I always prefer it to be both no matter how small is in the account of the other party(if he/she is actually the principal applicant)
Cheers.
[/quote

GOD bless you. also help me wit my ielts points
reading 9
listening 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 6
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
damkollins:
Check the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Reading........6 points.
Listening.......6 points
Writing.........5 points
Speaking.......4 points.
Total ....21 points.
Cheers.

so grateful
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thanks grin
damkollins:
Sorry...its an over sight.
No password grin grin grin
I'll check back to respond to them if i can soonest.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Na waa o!
I don ask 3 queshions now for dis thread and I no see reply.
Is there any password?Or am I doing it d wrong way?
I tried to look out for your posts regarding this thread,these were what I found out....seems to me they have been answered and seems to me that they are not questions that really carry any urgency with it.....Sorry it was an oversight.

WoodcrestMayor: Omo mehn dis tin slow die.Do we have to wait for it to fill up b4 they start processing?
We have to wait for Accra and not all to fill up before the processing commence.
Accra may decide to be faster and/or slower.
Currently,Accra is slower....only a miracle will make them to be faster.
Cheers.

WoodcrestMayor: Hello guys.
I submitted an application last month but with what I've been reading on this thread,it seems I wont get anything from Accra soon(I've not even gotten PER).I'm thinking of rushing somewhere to take a one year post grad programe.Am I taking a risk?House,Can anything concrete happen between Jan nxt year and dec?

There should be update btw January and december,2015 for you even though it all depend on when they start attending to the stream before you you which they are yet to do.
Its safe to commence your 1 year post graduate....even if your PR is given to you midway through the program,you have one year validity from your medicals date to land....this means you will surely finish it.

WoodcrestMayor: Hello guys.
I submitted an application last month but with what I've been reading on this thread,it seems I wont get anything from Accra soon(I've not even gotten PER).I'm thinking of rushing somewhere to take a one year post grad programe.Am I taking a risk?House,Can anything concrete happen between Jan nxt year and dec?

There should be update btw January and december,2015 for you even though it all depend on when they start attending to the stream before you you which they are yet to do.
Its safe to commence your 1 year post graduate....even if your PR is given to you midway through the program,you have one year validity from your medicals date to land....this means you will surely finish it.

WoodcrestMayor: Welldone guys.A whole lot of info on this thread smiley
I want to know how long it take to complete the PR process.I know there are times for various regions on the CIC website but I want an answer from experience.The times wey dey their site no make.sense.If u have received PR or you know someone who has please share...I need to encourage myself grin

Averagely,its 31 months.
Realistically from experience,its 2 years.
Let me know of others that I didn't see.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Wow!!!U are indeed learned on dis issue.Do u work with them?
One more question...wen d 31months go start dey count?
damkollins:
I tried to look out for your posts regarding this thread,these were what I found out....seems to me they have been answered and seems to me that they are not questions that really carry any urgency with it.....Sorry it was an oversight.

We have to wait for Accra and not all to fill up before the processing commence.
Accra may decide to be faster and/or slower.
Currently,Accra is slower....only a miracle will make them to be faster.
Cheers.

Averagely,its 31 months.
Realistically from experience,its 2 years.
Let me know of others that I didn't see.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Wow!!!U are indeed learned on dis issue.Do u work with them?
One more question...wen d 31months go start dey count?
From when your application was received.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thanks bruv!
damkollins:
From when your application was received.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
Caps updates!
Total received toward the overall cap: 1891 of 25,000
Increased from 1421 to 1891....470 increment
Check link below for breakdown.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Cheers

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ankprank: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
hi,solomonwis I wanted to know that how long it takes normally between PER recd date and the PCC date? and after sending PCC how long it takes for the medical?

further I want to know that what are the tastes that medical examiner(doctor) tells us to do and do the doctor handover medical report to us and we have to forward to local VO?

pls guide
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
hi solomonwise, should one, fill this part of the form(stututory declaration of common-law union) in the presence of a commissioner of oaths, ie taking this form to court, or what? I need urgently reply. thanks

SOLEMN DECLARATION
Write the following information in the space provided:
•name of declarant
•name of declarant partner
•name of the city, town, village
•name of the county
•name of the province /state/territory
•name of the country
•date (day, month, year)
•signature of the declarant
•name of the Commissioner of Oaths
•signature of the Commissioner of Oaths
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lomy(f): 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hello everyone..Finally went for my interview in Accra last week with my family. After the interview I was told they will get back to me although they are still with my documents for more investigation.. Am kinda scared!! Is dis a sign of refusal?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
okejji: hi solomonwise, should one, fill this part of the form(stututory declaration of common-law union) in the presence of a commissioner of oaths, ie taking this form to court, or what? I need urgently reply. thanks

SOLEMN DECLARATION
•name of declarant
•name of the county
•name of the country
•date (day, month, year)

Before I answer your question,let me state here that the concept of common law union is alien to our culture (as africans) and it will take a whole lot of resources to prove that indeed a relationship exist between the principal applicant and the partner. At the CIO Nova Scotia level,you will be required to include in your application evidence that you cohabitated with your partner for at least 12 continuous months. Accra visa office may ask for further evidence of your relationship and it usually make the processing a very tiresome process. So you might need to think again about common law union.A simple way out is to go to the customary court for a wedding.

Now to your question,you will fill that form IMM5409 along with your common law partner and take it to the high court for the commissioner of oath administration. I am sure when you take the form there,they will inform you of the procedure to follow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lenta(f): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
lomy: Hello everyone..Finally went for my interview in Accra last week with my family. After the interview I was told they will get back to me although they are still with my documents for more investigation.. Am kinda scared!! Is dis a sign of refusal?

When did you submit your application and how long did it take to get a reply from them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ankprank: 2:35am On Aug 26, 2014
hi,solomonwis I wanted to know that how long it takes normally between PER recd date and the PCC date? and after sending PCC how long it takes for the medical?

further I want to know that what are the tastes that medical examiner(doctor) tells us to do and do the doctor handover medical report to us and we have to forward to local VO?

pls guide
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:11am On Aug 26, 2014
lomy: Hello everyone..Finally went for my interview in Accra last week with my family. After the interview I was told they will get back to me although they are still with my documents for more investigation.. Am kinda scared!! Is dis a sign of refusal?
I really wish you the best so that you can be a source of encouragement to longggggggggg queue at your back.I believed you won't have any issue provided all your documents are genuine .They just need to investigate to conclude your case.
If you don't mind ,please kindly share your timeline for us on this thread for followers of this thread to know what and when to expect.
Be positive ......it's well.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:27am On Aug 26, 2014
okejji: hi solomonwise, should one, fill this part of the form(stututory declaration of common-law union) in the presence of a commissioner of oaths, ie taking this form to court, or what? I need urgently reply. thanks

SOLEMN DECLARATION
•name of declarant
•name of the county
•name of the country
•date (day, month, year)
[b]Like you have been advised,you need to be careful with this option of common law union because of the less importance attached to it in the African perspective .
It's a common practice with the Europeans and Americans but for us,its new.
You should be ready to provide all necessary evidence and documents to support your common law union especially to the Accra visa office.
A simpler way to go by it is for you to submit your application as a since status person now so that time will not delay you.After submission of your application package,commence plan for your court marriage or wedding as soon as possible.
This can be done with little or no cash.......under 50k.......get a witness for you and spouse to be and get your legalized court marriage certificate.
Once you get your PERS after your cc or DD has been charged or encashed ,wait for about one month for your file to be transfered to Accra and contact them for update of your status .
Tell them you are now married and present all evidence they ask from you nd request your spouse to be added to your application .....this will be done effortlessly.
Personally ,i won't advice you to go for common law union option as you spend eternity trying to proof your point.
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:13am On Aug 26, 2014
ankprank: hi,solomonwis I wanted to know that how long it takes normally between PER recd date and the PCC date? and after sending PCC how long it takes for the medical?

pls guide

This is a difficult question to answer especially the first part of your question. It is hard to tell the period of time it takes to be instructed to provide further information and proceed on to medical examination. 2013/2014 applicants are still in queue and none of them have been requested to provide further information or proceed on medical examination. So you see how difficult it can be to predict especially with the Accra visa office.

Medical examination: All applicants will have a full medical examination, including a urine test for anyone aged 5 years and above. The medical itself involves a physical examination, where the applicant will UnCloth to underwear whilst wearing a gown.

All applicants aged 11 years and above will need a chest X-ray.

All applicants aged 15 years and above will need blood tests for HIV status and syphilis.

Note that applicants with body piercings or tattoos require mandatory Hepatitis B and C blood tests.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lomy(f): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2014
Lenta:

When did you submit your application and how long did it take to get a reply from them.

Started the application since 2013....
Police report was in April 2013
Medical was in may 2013
Interview was in August 2014...

After medicals, it takes a while before they get back to you, dunno why. I almost gave up after a long time of waiting...
But they will definitely get back to you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lomy(f): 9:25am On Aug 26, 2014
damkollins:
I really wish you the best so that you can be a source of encouragement to longggggggggg queue at your back.I believed you won't have any issue provided all your documents are genuine .They just need to investigate to conclude your case.
If you don't mind ,please kindly share your timeline for us on this thread for followers of this thread to know what and when to expect.
Be positive ......it's well.
Cheers

How do I share my timeline?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2014
lomy:

How do I share my timeline?
You did it above already.....thanks.
Maybe you should be more specific of the month especially in your statement "Started the application since 2013...." ;"Police report was in April 2013" and "Medical was in may 2013"
My understanding is that you belong to FSW2011/2012 since your police report and medicals were April and May,2013 respectively.
It also looks funny to me that your medicals has been done since May,2013....normal expiration/validity of medicals seems one year to me(may,2014).....I believe another medicals should have been requested.

2013 is last year so we want to be sure you are FSW2013/2014 stream.
Do you belong to FSW2011/2012 or FSW2013/2014?
The general conclusion is that none of FSW2013/2014 applicants have been attended to.
Please be more specific and clarify all these grey areas i touched above.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lomy(f): 9:45am On Aug 26, 2014
damkollins:
Maybe you should be more specific of the month especially i your statement "Started the application since 2013...."
The general conclusion is that none FSW2013/2014 has been attended to.
Please be more specific.
Cheers.

I just checked..
I started April 2011.. I belong to FSW2011/2012..
Sorry for the mistake
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lomy(f): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2014
damkollins:
Maybe you should be more specific of the month especially in your statement "Started the application since 2013...." ;"Police report was in April 2013" and "Medical was in may 2013"
My understanding is that you belong to FSW2011/2012 since your police report and medicals were April and May,2013 respectively.
It also looks funny to me that your medicals has been done since May,2013....normal expiration/validity of medicals seems one year to me(may,2014).....I believe another medicals should have been requested.

Do you belong to FSW2011/2012 or FSW2013/2014

The general conclusion is that none of FSW2013/2014 applicants have been attended to.

They haven't requested for another medical test yet.,, dont think they will

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lomy(f): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2014
damkollins:

Cheers.

Was kinda surprised they didn't ask for another medical test too cuz I know it expires after one year.. Dunno what they are up to..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:51am On Aug 26, 2014
lomy:

I just checked..
I started April 2011.. I belong to FSW2011/2012..
Sorry for the mistake
grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:52am On Aug 26, 2014
lomy:

Was kinda surprised they didn't ask for another medical test too cuz I know it expires after one year.. Dunno what they are up to..
They may/should still ask......get prepared!
If they do not ask...you are one in a million!
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lomy(f): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2014
damkollins:
They may/should still ask......get prepared!
If they do not ask...you are one in a million!
Cheers.

Test after interview Its rare sha..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2014
lomy:

Test after interview Its rare sha..
Whatever....Hope and pray for the best!
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Slya: 10:20am On Aug 26, 2014
Good morning house!
Pls i asked this question earlier but got no response. Please would anyone in the know what the implication/s of applying on the Federal Skilled Trade stream (using an agent this time) after receiving a positive PER on the FSWP (2013/14) is/are?
Thanks for sharing knowledge!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2014
Slya: Good morning house!
Pls i asked this question earlier but got no response. Please would anyone in the know what the implication/s of applying on the Federal Skilled Trade stream (using an agent this time) after receiving a positive PER on the FSWP (2013/14) is/are?
Thanks for sharing knowledge!
As far as I'm concerned,you can explore other means to get PR.
Seems to me you felt it will be faster in processing.
The most important thing is for you to meet the requirements before you can apply.
I have attached an extract of the main requirements.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.