Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,686 members, 7,865,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306882 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
@all
Work permit holders under Tier 2 Point Based System to loose automatic right to settle in the UK! See link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2011/june/12government-migration-proposals

And read the proposed changes in the PDF document on the right side of the website.

Obvious the UK is nearing the 1980s immigrants most go protest era. So it seems they only want the brightest of the elites rogues like russian tycoons, nigeria mega-all-night rich politicians as settlers.

Do they really think people gamble with thier lives in choosing to go work overseas?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lolatom: 10:29am On Jun 13, 2011
Please I want to find out if the British embassy accepts scanned documents of the invitee? utility bills,statement of account and invitation letter.
Urgent reply needed,
THanks all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ulale: 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2011
no, they dont accept scanned document at all, submitting scanned document will surely lead to your visa refusal but in the embassy they will ask you whether if u want to submit with the scanned document but i advise you dont you ever use scanned documents in your visa application, Good luck in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lolatom: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2011
ulale:

no, they dont accept scanned document at all, submitting scanned document will surely lead to your visa refusal but in the embassy they will ask you whether if u want to submit with the scanned document but i advise you dont you ever use scanned documents in your visa application, Good luck in your application.

thank you so much I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2011
lolatom:

Please I want to find out if the British embassy accepts scanned documents of the invitee? utility bills,statement of account and invitation letter.
Urgent reply needed,
THanks all.
In the actual sense, they do accept scanned documents and they are more than happy to do so as it makes their visa refusal decision easier
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lolatom: 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
Vicjustice:

In the actual sense, they do accept scanned documents and they are more than happy to do so as it makes their visa refusal decision easier

In the actual sense, I got a reasonable response from a responsible individual already.
Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2011
Please I want to find out if the British Embassy accepts laminated document because my WAEC certificate. I will welcome your contributions. Tnx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by KissIkebe(f): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2011
lolatom:

In the actual sense, I got a reasonable response from a responsible individual already.
Thanks anyway.
a very rude silly way to take on someone who obviously did nothing wrong to deserve such arrogant response. what a shame
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 11:27am On Jun 14, 2011
Hello,
Does any1 know about the new English requirement? Are we required to provide TOEFL or IELTS result to apply for UK visa? Please advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ulale: 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2011
if u want to apply for undergraduate programmes in uk, u must provide ielts with minimum score of 6.5 onward, or toefel, but if it is postgraduate no need for this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2011
ulale:

if u want to apply for undergraduate programmes in uk, u must provide ielts with minimum score of 6.5 onward, or toefel, but if it is postgraduate no need for this
Please check your info again as I think you are getting the English language requirement slightly muddled up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
rapheal2k9:

Hello,
Does any1 know about the new English requirement? Are we required to provide TOEFL or IELTS result to apply for UK visa? Please advice
Please down load and read this document released by the UKBA to clarify the English Language requirement.

see attached document in pdf.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2011
@ Omo_Tier1: Im going for postgraduate in Uni of Glasgow. Do i need to present all the english language test info for the visa?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2011
rapheal2k9:

@ Omo_Tier1: Im going for postgraduate in[b] Uni of Glasgow[/b]. Do i need to present all the english language test info for the visa?

Thanks
OOOOOO shocked
You think you speak and understand English grin grin grin
When you get to Glasgow you will believe they speak a different language. grin grin grin
The accent is so strong not even Englishmen can understand them,
Look up "Rab C Nesbit" on You Tube,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
@ Omo_Tier1: LoL, funny video.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
rapheal2k9:

@ Omo_Tier1: LoL, funny video.
Sorry which video are you referring to?

As for your other question in your previous post, the answer is in that PDF document I uploaded.

To put it, you do not need to write any of those English test PROVIDED your university gives you an unconditional offer and also specify on your CAS letter that you have been access based on thier english language requirement for the course and that they are satisfied with your english language proficiency.
This must be spelt out explicitly by your university in your CERTIFICATE OF ACCEPTANCE (CAS) letter and you can also request the university to address a signed letter to the Entry Clearance Officer addressing the issue of english language requirementband how the school/university has satisfied the UKBA requirements before you were given addmission into the course.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 10:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
@ Omo_Tier1: thanks for the info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 10:28pm On Jun 15, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

@all
Work permit holders under Tier 2 Point Based System to loose automatic right to settle in the UK! See link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2011/june/12government-migration-proposals

And read the proposed changes in the PDF document on the right side of the website.

Obvious the UK is nearing the 1980s immigrants most go protest era. So it seems they only want the brightest of the elites rogues like russian tycoons, nigeria mega-all-night rich politicians as settlers.

Do they really think people gamble with thier lives in choosing to go work overseas?

Do they have a duty to provide a breathing space for their unemployed citizens?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shithapuns: 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
hello house, pls i need info,

i applied last yr 4 a uk visitor, under tourist visa, i was granted a 6months visa, wch has expired, i used it once last yr.i now want to renew my visa/apply for a 2yr visa, can i still apply as a tourist?, or family visitor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samsanyus(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2011
Omo tier_1, thanks for the clarifying the english requirement on CAS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2011
shithapuns:

hello house, pls i need info,

i applied last yr 4 a uk visitor, under tourist visa, i was granted a 6months visa, wch has expired, i used it once last yr.i now want to renew my visa/apply for a 2yr visa, can i still apply as a tourist?, or family visitor?

There's no reason why you can't apply as a tourist, assuming you kept to the terms of your previously granted visa. The duration you'll be given is entirely discretionary, but it's likely to be greater than 6 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shithapuns: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2011
Siena:

There's no reason why you can't apply as a tourist, assuming you kept to the terms of your previously granted visa. The duration you'll be given is entirely discretionary, but it's likely to be greater than 6 months.

thanks siena, yes i kept to the terms of my ist visa.

u said the duration of the 2nd visa is discretionary, i tot am supzd to indicate and pay for the type/duration of the visa i want prior to getting the visa?.

i intend to apply for 2yrs, dont want to take chances by applying 4 5yrs, or what do you think?. i hv more than 2.5m cold cash, am working and hv land documents

nb:i know this is uk visa thingy?, any1 has an idea abt getting a france visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2011
Hi House,
What is the average no of days a U.K tourist visa spends at the HC, i sent in my application[got the alert too] on the 7th of this month but till date am yet to get a response.

BACKGROUND'
My spouse (sponsor) applied first and he was given but since our anniversary is coming up mid july ,we decided that i too apply so we can make it a memorable one. Am using the same documents[payslips,bank statements,share certifiacates,kids pix,wedding pix,letter from employer[oil servicing coy],car particulars etc] with just my personal bank statement and undeveloped land paper as an addendum.
What are my chances even though i was hopeful after the 7th day, i am begginnining to entertan doubts, uhmp.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 11:06am On Jun 21, 2011
My cousin's visa will expire on the 22nd of this month . She applied for a visa in december and got six months multiple visa. She used the visa once and she stayed for exactly 17 days in the UK. Now she also wants to apply for 2 yrs .
When she applied , she wrote on her application that she wanted to travel for one week in January but ended up traveling in Febuary. she is working and has her own funds but also uses her mum as a sponsor. Does it matter that she spent 17 days instead of one week? and also the fact she went in Febuary instead of January? Pls advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawonlese: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2011
@Amykelly,

When you are issued a visa, if it is multiple entry, you can travel for as many times as possible and you can stay for any length of time, provided that you do not stay beyond the Expiry date on your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2011
shawonlese:

@Amykelly,
When you are issued a visa, if it is multiple entry, you can travel for as many times as possible and you can stay for any length of time, provided that you do not stay beyond the Expiry date on your visa.

Umm, I think you'll find the maximum time one can remain in the UK is 6 months at a stretch, a 2-year visa permits multiple entry, but one can't remain in the country beyond 6 months continuous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2011
I just applied for another visa but it took almost 7 working days before my application was ready.The issue is when i tracked my first visa at a point i saw "oc in the inscan room" or something like that.When i went for collection walah! I had visa stamped.But this current application was tracked but i never saw "oc in the inscan room" at any point.Please i need someone who has been to the UK and has UK visa tracking experience to advise me.I am scared to go for collection.Does it mean i got a visa or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
@beeman80,

Man, big up and go collect your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Tdaves(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
Thanks for all your comments in this forum. It was quiet helpful, I applied for a family visiting visa last two weeks. Although I was refused in 2009 when i wanted to attend my cousins wedding ceremony because i did nt have enough funds.

Anyway, this time around I took so many suggestions into consideration before submitting my application this time around.

This is my story, I believe it could be a learning point for others:

I had officially changed my surname, my e-passport, which will expire in jan 2013 still bears my old name, but all my current documents now bears my new surname. Lots of people suggested\advise that I should get a new passport, and that the ECO are very strict concerning name change especially if its a man that is changing name and that I have to travel down to abuja. But after making enquiries, I realized, I will spend more money like 50K and still bear the cost of going down to abuja. And i cant even withstand the hassle\stress with those immigration people. My wife and I decided to apply with my old passport and stated the reasons which was address to ECO in a cover letter.

Another concern that I had was that the invitation letter that we have was an informal letter from my aunty. I contacted my aunty to write a formal invitation letter which must be addressed to British embassy and she educated me that she does not need to write British embassy. That i should include her phone number in my application, if needs be, they will contact her. IT was purely a personal letter from her  to me, she was more or less GISTING with me in the letter. Although she gave me her work details, bio-data page, Visa page and her professional code to include in our application.

I went to pick the passport on Friday and the visa was granted to us, I was given 6months while my wife was given 2years (she has been to u.k before).

Hope this clarify someone doubt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
T daves:

Thanks for all your comments in this forum. It was quiet helpful, I applied for a family visiting visa last two weeks. Although I was refused in 2009 when i wanted to attend my cousins wedding ceremony because i did nt have enough funds.

Anyway, this time around I took so many suggestions into consideration before submitting my application this time around.

This is my story, I believe it could be a learning point for others:

I had officially changed my surname, my e-passport, which will expire in jan 2013 still bears my old name, but all my current documents now bears my new surname. Lots of people suggested\advise that I should get a new passport, and that the ECO are very strict concerning name change especially if its a man that is changing name and that I have to travel down to abuja. But after making enquiries, I realized, I will spend more money like 50K and still bear the cost of going down to abuja. And i cant even withstand the hassle\stress with those immigration people. My wife and I decided to apply with my old passport and stated the reasons which was address to ECO in a cover letter.

Another concern that I had was that the invitation letter that we have was an informal letter from my aunty. I contacted my aunty to write a formal invitation letter which must be addressed to British embassy and she educated me that she does not need to write British embassy. That i should include her phone number in my application, if needs be, they will contact her. IT was purely a personal letter from her  to me,  she was more or less GISTING with me in the letter. Although she gave me her work details, bio-data page, Visa page and her professional code to include in our application.

I went to pick the passport on Friday and the visa was granted to us, I was given 6months while my wife was given 2years (she has been to u.k before).

Hope this clarify someone doubt.

Did u track it at all?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
Siena:

Umm, I think you'll find the maximum time one can remain in the UK is 6 months at a stretch, a 2-year visa permits multiple entry, but one can't remain in the country beyond 6 months continuous.

Please I just applied for another visa but it took almost 7 working days before my application was ready.The issue is when i tracked my first visa at a point i saw "oc in the inscan room" or something like that.When i went for collection walah! I had visa stamped.But this current application was tracked but i never saw "oc in the inscan room" at any point.Please i need someone who has been to the UK and has UK visa tracking experience to advise me.I am scared to go for collection.Does it mean i got a visa or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawonlese: 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2011
Siena:

Depends on the type of Visa you have. I should add that. i.e. tourist, student, etc etc

When you do get your visa, we are on hand to get you cheap flight tickets.

bbpin: 25842477

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.