Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308674 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 6:18am On Mar 16, 2009
@Pataki

Well, let me mail LC first then we kick it from there

@ Vicjustice

i just sniffed into your siggy now

Mr Giwa is a trader bla bla grin " His store is full of things to sell, he sell. grin, "

Am i right in the continuation?

Is that not NOEC? Are they still using it in primary school?

Gone are the days

Now they are using calculator in school cry Nonsense!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2009
I'm surprised you have idea of this very Reader, and if really you do, that means, you're not the young guy that i imagine you are.
   Who else knows about the Reader: "Mr. Giwa is a trader. . . "?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2009
Lol. . . NOEC series.

I remember them well, I particularly loved book 5 and 6, with the Bako family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2009
Hi All,

I'm new to nairaland and in my search for information, I found this site very useful.#

I would like us all to focus on the title of this thread and help a brother out.

- I want to go to the UK for my masters in Sept.
- My Company is sponsoring my tuition for the masters.
- My wife works with a bank
- We want to go to the UK together.
- I want to put her in my application as my dependant.

What do I need to know,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2009
Siena:

Lol. . . NOEC series.

I remember them well, I particularly loved book 5 and 6, with the Bako family.
   Those were the days when Readers were interesting, when one enjoyed reading interesting stories and fairy tales. I wish those days can be reversed.

Ldee0304:

Hi All,

I'm new to nairaland and in my search for information, I found this site very useful.#

I would like us all to focus on the title of this thread and help a brother out.

What do I need to know,

Irrespective of your marital status and situation, i don't think an Entry Clearance Officer can accept that a woman who works in a Bank could be a dependant to a man who is applying for a student visa, also, i don't see how the ECO will reason that a Student will be financially or circumstantially eligible to cater for a woman (wife) who will be doing what in the UK during the period her Guardian (husband) will be studying.
   Finally, i don't think it is an ideal thing for a Student (who is more or less likely to be a dependant to another person, or a liability to the UK government) to have a dependant of his own. Application of this sort will most probably result in a refusal for the both of you; and your study opportunity may be ruined.
   Why not take one day at a time, do one thing at a moment and aim at one target with one bullet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2009
Well, I work in a consulting firm and I currently earn almost double of what she earns.
Like I said, I am being sponsored by my company and I think I have enough to take care of her.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/quickguideforstudent/adultstudents/applyingforanadultstudentvisa/#header6

Between us, we already have enough funds to take care of ourselves.

She wants to go to school too. I think spouse would be the right word.

We are applying to the same school for different courses. So she'ld also be studying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2009
Ldee0304:

Well, I work in a consulting firm and I currently earn almost double of what she earns.
Like I said, I am being sponsored by my company and I think I have enough to take care of her.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

Between us, we already have enough funds to take care of ourselves.

She wants to go to school too. I think spouse would be the right word.

We are applying to the same school for different courses. So she'ld also be studying.

Has she been granted an admission of her own into a school?
   If so, she needs to apply for a student visa of her own because, you are not yet qualified to pursue a spouse visa. And if no, you do not have a ground for applying for either a dependant or a spouse visa.
   Is the school she'd be studying the same school as yours?
   If no, the potentiality of both of you living apart would be questionable in the eye of the ECO 
   And if so. . .

What about your study periods would it correspond with that of your wife's?
   If you're going for studying, i think you and your wife should apply for individual visa except you want to apply for tourist visas.
   Mind you, the ECO does not care how financially capable you are, they work by rules and regulation together with terms and conditions and by these principles, you both stand to be refused student visas when the conditions of your visas are observed.
Suggestion: Apply individually, and you may make reference of one another's circumstances (if you think that would give you more credits and credibilities.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2009
Has she been granted an admission of her own into a school? - YES

If so, she needs to apply for a student visa of her own because, you are not yet qualified to pursue a spouse visa. And if no, you do no have a ground for applying for either a dependant or a spouse visa

Is the school she'd be studying the same school as yours? - YES

If no, the potentiality of both of you living apart would be questionable in the eye of the ECO 
   And if so. . . 

What about your study periods would it correspond with that of your wife?  - Same Duration - 1 Year Full time.

If you're going for studying, i think you and your wife should apply for individual visa except you want to apply for tourist visas.
Mind you, the ECO does not care how financially capable you are, they work by rules and regulation together with terms and conditions and by these principles, you both stand to be refused student visas when the conditions of your visas are observed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
Na wah oh, didn't know we had so many Methuselaic geriatrics in our midst sha cheesy grin cheesy

Lest I forget too, I would be sinning if I say I know the Bible, all I am saying like every other level headed people is that a perceived sin is just that - a perceived sin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2009
If somebody wants to come to England for a holiday must that person have to book a Hotel reservation as proof of accomodation for the visa application process, can't someone rent a room for that person instead and they use the tenancy agreement as proof of accomodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by gben1: 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2009
Hello sir,

In respect of the information needed for your family trip i can assist you is just that you will pay me some amount of money, just give me an e mail and i will assist you, u dont need to go to someone, just let us see ow we can chat things out ok u ca e mai me on ogundipe_gbenga01@yahoo.com. i will then give you my number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 11:44pm On Mar 16, 2009
Actually its not me that wants to travel coz am based here in london. Am asking on behalf of my friends wife who wants to come for a holiday but its just the issue of accomodation thats delaying everything
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2009
manmustwac:

If somebody wants to come to England for a holiday must that person have to book a Hotel reservation as proof of accomodation for the visa application process, can't someone rent a room for that person instead and they use the tenancy agreement as proof of accomodation?

You can, but ideally it should be a short-term let apartment. Even though you are allowed to stay a maximum of six months on a tourist visa, you would have to prove you have a lot of money that can sustain you and allow you to stay that long, and a job that would still be waiting for you at the end of that long period. You would also have to prove that you would not recourse to public fund or work illegally.

Short-term lets are equally as expensive if not more expensive than some of the hotels around. There are some hotels that offer rooms at £9 per night so if you can get one of those and book for two weeks, it is surely cheaper than renting. You could also look into booking hostel accommodation too as an alternative or look into renting holiday homes/caravans in holiday parks.

In addition, you have to pay rent in advance as well as deposit to secure such accommodation, so if money is not an object undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2009
Thanks Bumper but are you sure you can see accomodation from only 9 pounds a day coz that sounds to good to be true to me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 12:05am On Mar 17, 2009
manmustwac:

Thanks Bumper but are you sure you can see accomodation from only 9 pounds a day coz that sounds to good to be true to me?

It is possible, Travelodge recently finished one of such promotions, look out for their next one. You can even get Hilton Hotel in some part of the country for £25 per night.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 12:19am On Mar 17, 2009
So Travellodge is the best then? Am checking thier accomodation now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 9:51am On Mar 17, 2009
Ldee0304:

Hi All,

What do I need to know,

Your wife can apply either independently as a student or as your dependant

You can apply and separate times or submit both your applications at the same time. I will go with the latter though.

Search for a nairaland username PARIBUS using nairaland search engine. He has been through similar experience (wife and child) and his application was successful. He opened a self-explanatory thread giving full details of how he went about his application. If you can get his email address from his profile, I will suggest that you send him a polite mail asking him to give you a sample of the excel spread sheet he used to illustrate his finances, planned expenses, etc to the ECO.

As long as you fill the student visa forms properly and explain clearly why your wife and yourself should leave plum jobs for a masters programme in UK where you both cannot work more than 20hrs weekly (legally), attach appropriate supporting documents, then you should be fine.

Since you both are married, it means you should rent a flat (say 1bed) , and explain clearly that you will be staying there with your wife.

I think the major strengths of your application will be the following facts:
1. you are married and you do not want to be separated from your wife. you love each other, want to enjoy marital bliss together, blah blah  wink
2. you and your wife intend studying at the same university
3. you two are financially stable with fat bank accounts that should cover your living costs throughout the duration of your study assuming you do not take up part time employment
4. you will have your job ''on hold'' with the company you work with till you are back in nigeria (i am assumming that this is the deal between you and your employer)

Do you both maintain a joint account  ( i will suggest you both begin to run one in case you do not have one already). At least, for the purpose of this application

Lastly, are you taking a study leave from the company you work with (since you say they are sponsoring your tution)
Are you expected back in the company at the end of your studies?
If yes, make sure you include letters from the company addressed to the ECO clearly stating this

Best of luck  smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:07am On Mar 17, 2009
@ldee0304

this is the link to the paribus visa success thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=61751.msg1425530#msg1425530

post #10
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2009
Hey
my people

Got a refusal issue ( not me , my sister) she applied for FAMILY VISITOR 6 months

here are the details

You have applied for entry clearane to the UK as family visitor. you hace declared on your application form taht te information you hav given is complete and true to the best of your knowledge. it has not been necessary to interview you in order to reach a decision. in consdiering your application overall, i am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet the requirements of para 41 of the immigration rules HC395

you wish to visit your aunt(mother's sister) in the UK. you ahve however failed to subbmit satisfactorily eveidence of sponsorship in the form of bank statements , payslips. adequate accomodation and /or other documentary evidence from your sponsor in the UK. you state that your sponsor will be responsible for your feeding and accomodation , however, you have failed to provide eveidence of this . therefore on the balance of probabilities , i am not satisfied that you will be mantained and accomodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by para 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395

Further to the abov , nor can i be satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are related as claimed to the sponsor because you have produced n or insufficient evidence to substantiate your relationship to the sponsor. this raise doubts as to your true intentions and as suh I am not satisfied that you have shown you meet the requirements of of para 41(i) and (ii) of HC 395

She submitted the following

I) bank statements and payslips (she had just under 1M, salary is 3.3M)
II) invitation letter from my aunt as well as copy of her biodata page
iii) employment letter and introduction letter from work
iv) she indicated on her form that she was sponsoring herself

i dont understand what they meant by proving she's related to my aunt
she stated the relationship as mother's sister and my aunt identified her as her niece. they did not call my aunt by the way.

I want her to send a mail to them so to reconsider rather than appeal cos the reasons given are pretty feeble

Your ideas and thoughts would be appreciated as always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2009
salsera:

Hey
my people

Got a refusal issue ( not me , my sister) she applied for FAMILY VISITOR 6 months

here are the details

You have applied for entry clearane to the UK as family visitor. you hace declared on your application form taht te information you hav given is complete and true to the best of your knowledge. it has not been necessary to interview you in order to reach a decision. in consdiering your application overall, i am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet the requirements of para 41 of the immigration rules HC395

you wish to visit your aunt(mother's sister) in the UK. you ahve however failed to subbmit satisfactorily eveidence of sponsorship in the form of bank statements , payslips. adequate accomodation and /or other documentary evidence from your sponsor in the UK. you state that your sponsor will be responsible for your feeding and accomodation , however, you have failed to provide eveidence of this . therefore on the balance of probabilities , i am not satisfied that you will be mantained and accomodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by para 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395

Further to the abov , nor can i be satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are related as claimed to the sponsor because you have produced n or insufficient evidence to substantiate your relationship to the sponsor. this raise doubts as to your true intentions and as suh I am not satisfied that you have shown you meet the requirements of of para 41(i) and (ii) of HC 395

she stated the relationship as mother's sister and my aunt identified her as her niece. they did not call my aunt by the way.

I want her to send a mail to them so to reconsider rather than appeal cos the reasons given are pretty feeble

What is the evidence that your sister has a place that she will be ideally accommodated in UK?
Did she include copies of your aunt's mortgage or tenancy agreements?

If no, that is the major reason of the refusal

All other points raised are ''ja ra'' to fill up the refusal notice

If your aunt can give her a copy of her tenancy/mortgage agreement, and she should state it clearly in the invitation letter that your sis will be accommodated at her residence, your sister can reapply rather than appealing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by righocream(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2009
[b]Dear fellow Nairalanders,

I am in a fix now and I need your contributions,let me make it straight forward and go straight to the point without wasting your time as I need answers as soon as you start thinking. I applied for a visa to study in 2006 and 2007 respectively as I was refused entry based on certain funny excuses as you all know so that makes my passport refused and stamped twice.

Anyway I forgot about the idea of getting into school in the uk which was Glasgow and I got admission in Lagos here school of part time studies, but right now I am about applying for a visa to visit a white friend in Uk.

all she sent to me was as follows:

1) INVITATION LETTER
2) UTILITY BILLS (ELECTRICITY AND WATER BILLS)
3) PHOTOCOPY OF INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT FRONT AND BACK.

but the thing is that my elder brother who works in Zenith Bank at the risk and credit managements section and he is standing as a sponsor for me in which I am to visit and stay for 2weeks as stated in his letter to the embassy. I fear of being refused again based on the absence of other documents from my friend's mother in UK such as mortgage and tenancy documents as well as her statement, I dont want to think that I am going to totally fall out again and I know that you guys have a whole great information to deliver to me to ascertain my worries. please help me as I am in need, I know there are other people who had similar stories and scaled through if not could you please tell me other things that I can do as I am about applying in three days time and the painful thing is that I am the one sponsoring myself through school here as included in both letters from my friends mom and my brother that I would be visiting immediately after my first semester exams and I quite broke for any more expenses, I just thought that I should let you know my situation.

THANK YOU ROOM PLS HELP OHHHHHHHHHHH![/b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by righocream(m): 9:50pm On Mar 17, 2009

I am in a fix now and I need your contributions,let me make it straight forward and go straight to the point without wasting your time as I need answers as soon as you start thinking. I applied for a visa to study in 2006 and 2007 respectively as I was refused entry based on certain funny excuses as you all know so that makes my passport refused and stamped twice.

Anyway I forgot about the idea of getting into school in the uk which was Glasgow and I got admission in Lagos here school of part time studies, but right now I am about applying for a visa to visit a white friend in Uk.

1) INVITATION LETTER

but the thing is that my elder brother who works in Zenith Bank at the risk and credit managements section and he is standing as a sponsor for me in which I am to visit and stay for 2weeks as stated in his letter to the embassy. I fear of being refused again based on the absence of other documents from my friend's mother in UK such as mortgage and tenancy documents as well as her statement, I dont want to think that I am going to totally fall out again and I know that you guys have a whole great information to deliver to me to ascertain my worries. please help me as I am in need, I know there are other people who had similar stories and scaled through if not could you please tell me other things that I can do as I am about applying in three days time and the painful thing is that I am the one sponsoring myself through school here as included in both letters from my friends mom and my brother that I would be  visiting immediately after my first semester exams and I quite broke for any more expenses, I just thought that I should let you know my situation.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2009
righocream:

1) INVITATION LETTER

but the thing is that my elder brother who works in Zenith Bank at the risk and credit managements section and he is standing as a sponsor for me in which I am to visit and stay for 2weeks as stated in his letter to the embassy. I fear of being refused again based on the absence of other documents from my friend's mother in UK such as mortgage and tenancy documents as well as her statement, I dont want to think that I am going to totally fall out again and I know that you guys have a whole great information to deliver to me to ascertain my worries. please help me as I am in need, I know there are other people who had similar stories and scaled through if not could you please tell me other things that I can do as I am about applying in three days time and the painful thing is that I am the one sponsoring myself through school here as included in both letters from my friends mom and my brother that I would be  visiting immediately after my first semester exams and I quite broke for any more expenses, I just thought that I should let you know my situation.

Dear, don't be in a hurry to apply for the visa because, you don't seem to be well prepared for it yet, remember, things are easier when done orderly. I need you to answer these question and provide as much information that you think we might need to know.
   You said your white friend is inviting you, do you have any evidence of your friendship and how it sustains?
   How much do you know about your invitee's responsibilities?
   What about your accommodation and maintenance details?
   What's the job of your potential host and how's his/her financial situation like?
   You said you're a taking a part time study, so, what do you do with your other time?
   You will be sponsored by you brother who works in Zenith bank, do you have a personal savings?
   What is your home obligation like, i mean, what are the responsibilities that you would be returning to Nigeria for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 12:03am On Mar 18, 2009
salsera:

Hey
my people

here are the details

You have been refused on two grounds.

~ Relationship to Aunty not adequately proven.
~ Sponsor's details was gotten wrong due to error on your part.

For the first ground, you are a niece so the link is not strong and you might not have a lot of paperwork to produce to support the relationship, but you have to provide as much information as possible of your Mum's relationship to her Sister (your Aunty?) as well as proof of same maiden name if possible. They have never/will never complain about being swamped with too much paperwork.

On the second ground, the ECO got confused because on one hand you said that you were sponsoring yourself, and then later on went on to say on the form that your Aunty would be responsible for feeding you, which is two different things entirely. And I am sure you know that with oyinbo people, when you go out to eat with them, they don't pay for you, you are on your own, so . . .

And you mentioned on the form that you were sponsoring yourself, but your Aunty is a co-sponsor too because she is responsible for providing accommodation for you, so you should have included her name on the form too as a co-sponsor.

If you don't address this two issues, the chances of turning you down when you re-apply is high and all they would tell you is that your past immigration record was taken into account even though blah blah blah.

Your best bet is to appeal and apply for another family visit visa at the same time to kill two birds with one stone. Either of the decision would supersede each other. Send your appeal via Lagos so that an ECM would get a chance to review the decision positively fingers crossed once he is satisfied you have adequately addressed both issues and provided further proofs that the ECO said was not present. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 12:32am On Mar 18, 2009
salsera:

If these are the only documents submitted in respect to your sisters application, surely it is an easy call for the ECO in Nigeria to give a refusal.

Evidences required lies basically with the applicant to show that she would be staying as required with her Aunty. Did she supply utilities bills, tenancy agreement, mortgage statement as sufficient proof that she would be staying with her aunt etc? Was the invitation letter strongly worded? A weak invitation letter is an easy call for refusal. If her aunt is the one inviting her, your sister should not state on the form she is self-sponsoring her travel and short stay to the UK.

IMO, this should not go through an appeal. Let her re-apply and make corrections to the observations of the ECO, rather than expend energy into appealing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 6:58am On Mar 18, 2009
g ben:

Hello sir,

In respect of the information needed for your family trip i can assist you is just that you will pay me some amount of money, just give me an e mail and i will assist you, u dont need to go to someone, just let us see ow we can chat things out ok u ca e mai me on ogundipe_gbenga01@yahoo.com. i will then give you my number

At times i wonder if we have moderator here at all.

@Vicky

Of course i am very young
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 7:04am On Mar 18, 2009
big_bumper:

Your best bet is to appeal and apply for another family visit visa at the same time to kill two birds with one stone. Either of the decision would supersede each other. Send your appeal via Lagos so that an ECM would get a chance to review the decision positively fingers crossed once he is satisfied you have adequately addressed both issues and provided further proofs that the ECO said was not present. Good luck.

Whether the appeal was lodge in Naija or sent to Uk, the ECM and probably ECO would still look at it before proceeding with the appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2009
Refusal From Salsera

I enjoy the expert's disagreement sometimes tongue

In UK immigration, adequate accommodation goes beyond tenancy agreement or mortgage statement and i was suprised my colleagues do not look beyond this.

This can be paraphrased thus;

1) Is there any available room for the guest

2) how many people were living in the house/flat at the moment

3) Female/Male children bla bla bla.

I agree with Pataki on the wordings of Aunty's letter sha.

@Salsera

1)Is Aunty woking? Does she include prove of earnings?

2) How "far away" is your sister's bank balance to one million naira at the time of application.

I dey see some unseriousness in this application and i will blame you for the refusal because you have indepth knowledge of how these things worked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 7:39am On Mar 18, 2009
Hi All,

What do I need to know,

@L0304

1) You can do joint application(as in student plus spouse) at a go but its somehow difficult. You have a lot to prove to the ECO.

## If you do a seperate student visa and one of them is successful, what will you do?

If i were you, i will apply alone and my strongest points at the embassy will be:

a) i have a lovely wife to return to and

b) a secured job.

Then after 3 months, ask madam to apply for student dependant.

This should work.

please note : I hope your company will state why they have to sponsor and what benefit will they derive from such?

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2009
Akolawole:

Whether the appeal was lodge in Naija or sent to Uk, the ECM and probably ECO would still look at it before proceeding with the appeal.

I beg to differ, this is a direct relation of what is known as pre-action protocol and yes it is not compulsory, but who is going to lose out, who is the person wearing the shoe which is pinching him/her undecided

If you send your appeal via Lagos, the ECM would look at the ECO's decision and see if he can overturn his subordinate's decision in light of new information provided. If the decision is favourable to the Appellant, the High Commission would contact him/her to come and pick up his visa, if the decision remains the same i.e. unfavourable to the Appellant, the case gets forwarded onto the Appeal Tribunal in UK. Only appeals received via Lagos goes through this process.

On the other hand, appeals sent directly to UK gets logged into the system, then it is after this that the ECO (the Respondent) and the Appellant is notified to prepare their own submission for their defence and to send in further documents which they feel are relevant to the case. The next stage after this is the hearing date for each party to come and represent themselves before the Judge.

For appeals received directly via UK, the Respondent is given some days I think around 56 days, to respond, and it is not unusual for them to take the piss and reply 4 months later, so why would you now want to chance it and wait for the UK Tribunal to initially give the Respondent 56 days to look at the case again, then another 56 days to prepare their defence undecided The case only goes to the Judge once, unless it was adjourned by the Judge himself, so which other member of staff of the Tribunal is going to look at the case and send it to the ECO in Lagos to reconsider the adverse decision undecided   

And lastly, I will always advise anyone to kill two birds with one stone i.e. re-apply and appeal, it only costs around £65 to apply and I am sure it does not cost an arm and a leg to appeal either.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2009
@funkyBaby,

Thanks a lot. I've checked out the thread you referred me to and I found Paribus thread very useful.

@Akolawole,

I know that even Paribus has a lot of accolades for you and so do I. From what I see, you're an authority on this issue, but I am not inclined to doing seperate student visa as my wife may be able to afford school fees but not one year living expenses to show the ECO and that could jeopardize our chances.

I could apply alone, that would be the best approach but asking her to apply after 3 months for a dependant visa could also be clumsy as I'm going for a one year course and it would seem like an afterthought to go that way. I don't think the ECO would be very easily convinced in her case that we need to be together. Defeats the purpose.

Don't mistake me, I really appreciate your advice.

Yes, my company will state the benefits to be derived from sponsoring me.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by righocream(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2009
Dear, don't be in a hurry to apply for the visa because, you don't seem to be well prepared for it yet, remember, things are easier when done orderly. I need you to answer these question and provide as much information that you think we might need to know.
You said your white friend is inviting you, do you have any evidence of your friendship and how it sustains?
How much do you know about your invitee's responsibilities?
What about your accommodation and maintenance details?
What's the job of your potential host and how's his/her financial situation like?
You said you're a taking a part time study, so, what do you do with your other time?
You will be sponsored by you brother who works in Zenith bank, do you have a personal savings?
What is your home obligation like, i mean, what are the responsibilities that you would be returning to Nigeria for?

@Vicjustice
My invitee is a single mom of which she stays with her daughter who is my friend, she works everyday from 7.30 am till 9.30pm and as a factory supervisor in Uk producing alternative or replaceable hinge joints for the human body. She is quite well to do and that I know, well she refused to disclose her account details not even to the embassy because of security reasons saying anyone can have that use it as a yardstick to monitor her financial activities and the Uk authorities are not excluded.

Well I am taking part time during the day but nothing I do that is substantial with my time even when I am a software engineer at my vocational time but really have no financial explanation economic wise.

Well accommodation and mentainance would be borne by my elder brother, he wrote in the letter of sponsorship that he has arranged for everything even invloving my travelling expenses as well as my maintenance convenience.d

I do have a personal savings but what is left is left than 41 thousand in there of which I intend to apply from what is left in there.

Really I do not have any home obligations, I am the second to the last of 6 children and everyone has found their levels one way or the other on their own, I do not think I have any responsibilities at the moment as everyone is busy doing his thing. all I have to pray for his finding my square as I am beginning to feel like a burden to them even though they do not make any spending on me but I think as a man and his dignity there should be some form of usefulness and contribution he has to make in life because I feel unfulfilled at the moment.

Please are there any other documents that I can produce to show that I have something to return back to apart from my studies? of course if I submit the school exeat for holidays to the embassy it would not be written lagos state school of part time, studies lagos state
it would just be writen lagos state university as introducing me as a student of the school. please help me oh. Thanks
I dey wait for your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.