Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,846 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305713 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by munai(f): 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2009
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Lagos State Command, on Sunday confirmed that it had received the 65 Nigerians deported from the US last week.

The Comptroller of the command, Mr Ayo Oredipe, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the deportees, consisting of 59 males and six females, started arriving from March 12.

He said that they were deported for 19 offences, ranging from rape, fraud, robbery and overstaying to sexual misdemeanour.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 2:28am On Mar 19, 2009
big_bumper:

I beg to differ, this is a direct relation of what is known as pre-action protocol and yes it is not compulsory, but who is going to lose out, who is the person wearing the shoe which is pinching him/her undecided

If you send your appeal via Lagos, the ECM would look at the ECO's decision and see if he can overturn his subordinate's decision in light of new information provided. If the decision is favourable to the Appellant, the High Commission would contact him/her to come and pick up his visa, if the decision remains the same i.e. unfavourable to the Appellant, the case gets forwarded onto the Appeal Tribunal in UK. Only appeals received via Lagos goes through this process.

On the other hand, appeals sent directly to UK gets logged into the system, then it is after this that the ECO (the Respondent) and the Appellant is notified to prepare their own submission for their defence and to send in further documents which they feel are relevant to the case. The next stage after this is the hearing date for each party to come and represent themselves before the Judge.

For appeals received directly via UK, the Respondent is given some days I think around 56 days, to respond, and it is not unusual for them to take the piss and reply 4 months later, so why would you now want to chance it and wait for the UK Tribunal to initially give the Respondent 56 days to look at the case again, then another 56 days to prepare their defence undecided The case only goes to the Judge once, unless it was adjourned by the Judge himself, so which other member of staff of the Tribunal is going to look at the case and send it to the ECO in Lagos to reconsider the adverse decision undecided

Grammar poju.

What is the essence of this epistle. tongue

A copy of the grounds of Appeal sent directly to UK will be sent back to Lagos post for them to review their original decision or get ready for appeal.

ECO and or ECM can repent by issuing the visa or prepare a BUNDLE(which comprises of all copies of documents presented by the applicant including visa application form PLUS a comprehensive report why the matter was refused) for the Judge to act upon if its paper hearing OR for home office presenting officer to act on behalf of ECO in the hearing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 2:36am On Mar 19, 2009
Ldee0304:

@Akolawole,

I know that even Paribus has a lot of accolades for you and so do I. From what I see, you're an authority on this issue, but I am not inclined to doing seperate student visa as my wife may be able to afford school fees but not one year living expenses to show the ECO and that could jeopardize our chances.

I could apply alone, that would be the best approach but asking her to apply after 3 months for a dependant visa could also be clumsy as I'm going for a one year course and it would seem like an afterthought to go that way. I don't think the ECO would be very easily convinced in her case that we need to be together. Defeats the purpose.

Don't mistake me, I really appreciate your advice.

Yes, my company will state the benefits to be derived from sponsoring me.

Thanks

God is the authority jare.

You dont need to convince ECO about having your wife's quest in joining you. She is your wife and you have a high degree of emotional attachment towards her.

All the very best and we hope we hear the good news from you soon(amen)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 2:46am On Mar 19, 2009
@Funke

I am preparing an E-party for ya.

There are 2 options; Your 3 years on Nairaland (next week saturday) or 3 years of creating this thread which will nack in November.

Oya, choose one.

@All

I have to take a siddon look on this thread for a while until i "get" Londoncool.

Catch ya later guys. wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2009
@pataki, akolawole and funkybaby

My Aunt stated that she is an Doctor whilst her husband is a barrister, they are both UK citizens

its not the first time either of them have sent invitation letters to anyone of us here in Nigeria.
Not once have they had to send copies of their mortgage agreements or utility bills

How else does one prove relationship ( should we state my mum and her sister's maiden name)

i have travelled to stay with her before and i didnt even use an invitation letter not to talk of utility bill. na dem call her in the UK to verify.

In the new form it was asked whether who was sponsoring her trip and she replied herself cos na she dey pay for her ticket so how does that make my aunt her sponsor.

My aunt is just her host

it was to the question of feeding and accomodation that she replied her aunt.

Now if she's to reapply
should our aunt send another invitation letter stating the type of accomodation, number of rooms, as well as utility bills mortgage etc.
Should she also send payslips etc.

@akolawole
N800K PLUS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2009
@Akolawole.

Thank you very much. I hope I have not sounded like 'omo alaigboran' God bless you as you siddon look wink

@Funky

Being a newbie here, I think this e-party is seriously warranted. I hereby declare e-akara and e-zobo for everybody in the house as my contribution. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2009
Ldee0304:

@funkyBaby,

Thanks a lot. I've checked out the thread you referred me to and I found Paribus thread very useful.

You're welcome.

I have few questions though:
1. What's the deal between you and the company sponsoring you? Are you expected back?
2. Is your wife insisting on studying at the same time as you are?

In my opinion, I think it's best you submit both applications together.
Akolawole:

@Funke

I am preparing an E-party for ya.

There are 2 options; Your 3 years on Nairaland (next week saturday) or 3 years of creating this thread which will nack in November.

Oya, choose one.

Akola grin grin grin
I am not choosing jo.
I want both celebrated

Btw: I dey vex for you gidi gan.

Ldee0304:

@Funky

Being a newbie here, I think this e-party is seriously warranted. I hereby declare e-akara and e-zobo for everybody in the house as my contribution. grin

grin grin grin
Awww! Thank you.
Akara and zobo. . . grin
That's really generous of you angry tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 10:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
Akolawole:

Grammar poju.

What is the essence of this epistle. tongue

A copy of the grounds of Appeal sent directly to UK will be sent back to Lagos post for them to review their original decision or get ready for appeal.

ECO and or ECM can [size=14pt]repent[/size] by issuing the visa or prepare a BUNDLE(which comprises of all copies of documents presented by the applicant including visa application form PLUS a comprehensive report why the matter was refused) for the Judge to act upon if its paper hearing OR for home office presenting officer to act on behalf of ECO in the hearing.

I haven't forgotten o, I will BRB to do justice to this cool

shocked Repent ke cheesy cheesy cheesy You people are starting to scare me oh, is the rapture coming or something, TKB417 told me out of the blue to move closer to God, even Sistawoman shocked is telling me to go to Church, and my husband was happy when I said I was going to Church cos I haven't gone in 5 years embarassed Something spooky is going on embarassed I am starting to get worried undecided undecided undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shinepearl: 10:09am On Mar 21, 2009
i know a secret on how to get a UK visa in lagos or abuja witout soending much, though you will still need the required documents stated by the third poster. the secret is that you need a visa or a not too common country issued on your passport and when that is noticed at the emassy of UK in nigeria your visiting/student or watsoever visa will be issued. i have tried this with three people and it worked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 8:22am On Mar 22, 2009
shinepearl:

i know a secret on how to get a UK visa in lagos or abuja witout soending much, though you will still need the required documents stated by the third poster. the secret is that you need a visa or a not too common country issued on your passport and when that is noticed at the emassy of UK in nigeria your visiting/student or watsoever visa will be issued. i have tried this with three people and it worked.

I cant understand whatever you trying to say .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 22, 2009
darkroll:

I cant understand whatever you trying to say .

Neither can I, but a wild guess. . .

Check his other posts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 8:51am On Mar 22, 2009
Siena reading his other posts as made me understand where he is coming from and where he is heading to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 22, 2009
darkroll:

Siena reading his other posts as made me understand where he is coming from and where he is heading to.

On the first coach to hell.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2009
BTW , where are the moderators ? some post here should not even last 1hr
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 9:37am On Mar 23, 2009
You're welcome.

I have few questions though:

1. What's the deal between you and the company sponsoring you? Are you expected back?

Officially - Yes
Between us - hmmmm,

2. Is your wife insisting on studying at the same time as you are?

Personal family issues have made it  very very necessary that we be together.

Newly Wed; Wife alone in Naija, Not a good idea for our situation (like I said, Family issues)

In my opinion, I think it's best you submit both applications together.

Thank You. We will.

God Bless.

Awww! Thank you.
Akara and zobo. . . grin
That's really generous of you  angry tongue

- Delicacy in the online community  tongue grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2009
Hello house I need help for a friend in the UK , she is half black and the father is Arab. But their father and the mum are no longer together right from when she is baby, the mother hard 3 children for the father, the mother have re married marriage to a British man for more than 20years now and the mother already have more than 4 children for the British man, the mother has a British passport for more than 15years now. The 3 children b4 now where  in Nigeria leaving on there own and they are all adult in different university in Nigeria b4 now but since their grand mother died which remain the only person in Nigeria, their  Mother  decided do relocate the children to uk through student visa and they all are in uk now but now the 2year visa is going to expire by next month what is the way out for them to remain in the uk legally since they do not have any tin doing in Nigeria. They dnt even no there father. While they where in Nigeria, please house any ideal about this case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2009
@ldee 0304
Alright.
I am also totally against newly weds getting seperated except all other options have been exhausted.

I asked if your wife insists on STUDYING at the same time you are.

The decision she makes will determine just how to go about your application. . . .
Two student visas application or one student visa+one student dependant application

You know with student dependant,she is entitled to work full time (or have you baby smiley )while you study.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by coldwater(m): 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2009
Funkybaby,

Thanks for your usual tips. My wife and I want to travel to UK for vacation. Can you give me some tips to ensure I secure the visa at once?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 12:35am On Mar 24, 2009
@funky

oh sorry, I missed the question there. She's not insisting, but we think it'll be better, so that we're both busy (what do U think?)

We're looking at going with one student visa+one student dependant application.

babies, hmmm, undecided

Thanks @funky.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cvibe: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2009
From my point of view, a student visa never expires because you can keep renewing it with all types of courses etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
realcool:

Hello house I need help for a friend in the UK , she is half black and the father is Arab. But their father and the mum are no longer together right from when she is baby, the mother hard 3 children for the father, the mother have re married marriage to a British man for more than 20years now and the mother already have more than 4 children for the British man, the mother has a British passport for more than 15years now. The 3 children b4 now where in Nigeria leaving on there own and they are all adult in different university in Nigeria b4 now but since their grand mother died which remain the only person in Nigeria, their Mother decided do relocate the children to uk through student visa and they all are in uk now but now the 2year visa is going to expire by next month what is the way out for them to remain in the uk legally since they do not have any tin doing in Nigeria. They dnt even no there father. While they where in Nigeria, please house any ideal about this case.

OK i understand but the family want to be stable instead of paying tution fee every year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Flowers: 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2009
Hello all,

Kindly assist I have 2 years UK student visa and I want to travel to Trinidad and need to know the requirements for a visitor's visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2009
the requirement depends on where are you now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Flowers: 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2009
@realcool

I am in the UK. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by blackspade(m): 3:49pm On Apr 03, 2009
[size=15pt]UK Launches New Student Immigration System[/size]

Abuja — Henceforth, Nigerian students who wish to study in the UK will be able to apply for their visa through Tier 4 of the new streamlined Points Based System.

Under the new transparent system, Nigerian students will need to prove that they have been accepted onto a course run by an education institution which is a UK Border Agency (UKBA) licensed Tier 4 sponsor. They will also need to prove that they have the means to support themselves, and supply their biometric details at their nearest visa application centre.

If granted a visa, the new regulations allow international students to undertake part-time work of up to 20 hours per week during term time, full time work during the holidays and undertake any course related work placements.

Jason Ivory, the UKBA Operations Manager in a statement by the British High Commission, said "Nigerian students have a lot to gain from studying in the UK and can now see whether they are eligible for a visa before they even apply - making the system much clearer and easier to understand. The aim is to make the application process more transparent and straightforward.

"For the first time, all independent fee-paying schools, colleges and universities that want to accept international students to study with them now need a licence to do so.

"This will help the UK Government crack down on bogus colleges, something which will be welcome news to many Nigerian students." who can now be sure the language school, college or university they intend to study at is an approved educational institution.

"So far over a thousand UK institutions have signed up to sponsor international students".

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/32622/47/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Larrykyo(m): 10:58am On Apr 04, 2009
Hello Nairalanders, I urgently need advice from people who knows about Uk visa application proccessings , I applied for uk visa (6 month) In this yr Feb.2009 and the result is yet to be out till today April:4:2009,good statement of account, etc, all documents is legit, If refused , granted or whatever i dont know (Nothing came out) , Please is this normal ? and should i still have some patients ? will my passport be released ? is there any hope pls? pls urgent reply needed !!!

Good bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2009
You need to call the office
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Larrykyo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 04, 2009
vikiviko:

You need to call the office
Thank you very much , so this is not normal right ? maybe my passport is misplaced or what? But still i will do exactly what you've advised and will get back you to tell you what they say.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peter2010(m): 9:23am On Apr 05, 2009
I got my uk work permit in january 2009 in london, but i was told i need to get back to nigeria to get entry clearance for that because i was on working holiday before getting the work permit. I was in nigeria in march to apply for the entry clearance but it was refused because the ECO try to contact my future employer and he didn't respond well and that the uk account i used was suspicious, it seems to the ECO that it was inflated fo the purpose of the application. I was given right to appeal but I think this will be delayed. Should I appeal or reapply?. Please I need candid advice on this issue. Thanks alot for ur response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by gabrex(m): 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2009
Please be serious here, this na online class No noise.

gba
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phuket: 2:57am On Apr 08, 2009
Just to let u guys know i got the civil partnership visa , submitted my application along side with necessary documents. I also included my original birth certificate and had a lawyer to write that when i obtained my first passport there was a mistake from the immigration on my DOB and now i have obtained a new passport with my original date of birth .

I was called for interview after 10days i submitted my application and was just asked some few questions about places i claimed have been for holidays with my partner , how old is my partner .

Thanks guys for all your contributions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.