Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (127757 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: Reply this. I need to ask you something.
Shoot
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by dubem3(m): 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Shoot

Not to kill though... and young man I hope ur not sleeping
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2013
dubem3:

Not to kill though... and young man I hope ur not sleeping
I am not sleeping. I meant that literally
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
I am so tired....and just without the zeal to write anything but........please keep this thread free for sometime
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
The intensity of light from the explosion made Dare close his eyes involuntarily and even with his eyes closed he could see the light through his eyelids and he raised both hands to cover his efface and he went for theground. He had screamed for everyone to getback and when the RPG hit the helicopter, he could not see the impact as the first thing he tried to save was himself. He felt the sudden rise of temperature as the fuselage exploded and there was a secondary explosion. Pieces of metal flew in every direction and screams were drowned in the explosion as the helicopter hit the ground with the blades still rotating.

Michael on the other hand watched the path of flight of the incoming projectile with shockand fear as he ran towards the helicopter while he heard Dare’s voice in some obscure part of his head but he could not make out the words. He was a couple of meters away when it exploded and he fell to the ground under the impact of the first explosion as splitters of glass flew in his direction and he laid down flat on the ground. Under the noiseof the explosion, he thought he the Tetuans who were firing at them stopped firing and for a second, he could not hear anything except the burning. He turned while still on the ground, looked towards the burning helicopter and he saw it go up in flames again as the fuel exploded and again he was forced to turn away and hide his face and after about sixty seconds which felt like hours, he turned and got up, clutching his rifle, he ran towards the still burning wreckage.

There was smoke everywhere and he heard voices, some groans in pain while there was an ear piercing scream as it seemed the owner was panicking and in fear. Although he was running, his rifle was still well grippedwith both hands out of instincts and he ran into the blinding smoke which was illuminated by the soldering metal remains of the helicopter. He was running when he heard a burst of gun behind him. He thought of looking back but he did not. The mission was the President and it seemed like it was over.

Dare saw Michael ran towards the wreckage wreathed and his first thought was to run towards him but he got down and looked towards the direction where the RPG was fired and he saw that the figure that had shotthe helicopter was till there but this time just standing there and watching them. no other action was made and it just seemed like the figure was making sure that damage was done and then Dare opened fire on the figurewith an accuracy he was trained with. The figure seemed to bow and then stumble before falling to the ground of the roof.

Michael kept running and entered the flames as he called out to Shade;

“Shade, are you okay? Is the president with you? Is there anyone who can hear me? Please talk to me?”

Back in Abuja, when the helicopter left the base, they had been informed and they followed the path of the helicopter as the camp was in touch with the pilot and the pilot’s radio was patched through directly so the crisis room could hear exactly what the pilot as saying. He had informed them that heis about to land and get the president and they were all expecting him to confirm the boarding by the president when they heard him say

“What is that?....... pull back pull back”

And then his voice was lost to static. Nothing else was heard as it seemed that the radio in the helicopter ust stopped working immediately.

Startled, Ifeoma said;

“What’s happening there? Somebody talk to me”

A voice came which did not sound a bit like that of the pilot and said;

“We have lost contact with the pilot and we are getting report of an explosion just immediately the radio went off people. It seemed the helicopter was blown up”

Again the room went dead. Not even the breathing of the people there could be heard and the only sound in there was the tick tock from the huge clock that stood on the wall. The seconds had gone almost a full thirty seconds before Kuyi’s voice was heard in the room;

“When the helicopter exploded, was the president on board? Do you have any reports there?”

The voice responded;

“Not yet sir, we are trying to get in contact with the rescue team and hear what they have to say but for now, we cannot conclusively say anything about it”

As Dare shot at the shooter, he looked around and towards the Tetuans coming in the distance but was surprised to see that they had stopped in their tracks as though they were trying to see what caused the explosion or was trying to see who survived and take them out one at a time. He looked towards them and hid behind the truck as he pointed his rifle I their direction hoping that someone would even cough from the smoke. He tried the communicator but it seemed not to work anymore as he could not even get static. It was just dead.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lucas heard the phone ring and he picked it up;

“You’d better have good news for me right now”

The voice was a little bit hesitant to talk and Lucas felt fear rise inside him and with that, anger and disgust.

“Talk to me Dimmit”

“Sir, someone just fired at the helicopter sent to get the Nigerians and it went up in smokes”

Lucas felt the world stop and his blood for the thousandth time that night grew colder than ice. His face went white and he could have sworn that his heart stopped beating for some seconds. As much as he wanted the president, he did not want her dead mostly because she was his escape ticket and holding her could help persuade the Nigerians from bombing him but if she died, things would get really crazy as they will just attack out of revenge and not a motive to save her.

He spoke back into the radio;

“Was the Nigerian president in the helicopter before it exploded? And who fired on the helicopter in the first place?”

“We don’t know who fired, we just know it went up in smokes and the explosion was heavy. But whether the president is alive is something we cannot answer. We just know that the helicopter was on the ground for a while. We suspect that she was on board before it was blown. But one thing we are sure of is that at least one of the guards is alive because we heard some gunshots from where they are.”

“Okay. Send in a team and see if she is alive and when I mean a team, go through any bodies you find so you can be very sure. Is that clear?” Lucas said.

Michael found himself lost in the smoke around him and he could feel some get into his lungs. The smoke was not as thick as it was and he could begin to see just his front as first and then it increased. He moved in thedirection of the screaming and he walked steadily towards it. He saw a figure sat down and still screaming. He lowered his rifle and walked towards the person who appeared tobe a woman. He heard her screams turned into slow sobs and Michael Stretched his hand and said;

“Madam President, it is going to be alright, I am going to get you out of here”

The figure raised her head and Michael saw that it was not the President but her aide. Herdress was covered in sooth and her face was blackened by smoke. Michael thought of leaving her but he could not bring himself to leave her go so he told her;

“Take my hand; it is not really good to be out here in this smoke. Let’s move you somewhere where the air is a little bit fresher”

She stretched her hand and he took it and held her up strongly as he walked slowly backtowards the clear air and where he left Dare. On getting closer he saw figures sitting downwhile two stood above them. He walked closer and saw Izu, IBK and Shade with the President while John and Dare stood watching over them with guns drawn. He stepped closer to find that Izu had pointed his gun towards him and he said;

“Stand down soldier, I am a friendly. Madam President, are you okay?”

The president nodded and he said;

“I thought it will be cool if you had your aide with you right now” as the aide walked towards her and they hugged.

Michael looked at his team and knew they were the only ones who survived. He said;

“First of all, Shade, where are we on communications? I noticed that those are down so get working on that. John, I can bet those Tetuans are not going to wait around for much longer so how do we get out of here, IBK, you are in charge of ammunition inventory now, I want a report of how many guns were have left and Izu, you get to be thepresident’s primary guard let’s get this done fast. I would not like to be visiting a Tetuan cell which will be where we will end if we arenot careful and Dare, keep watch.”

They all got to work as Izu, told Michael what he guessed had happened.

As they were about getting the President on board with Shade and IBK on both sides of her, Izu had the aide beside him and then suddenly they heard a shout telling them to get back amidst the gunshots and they walked back as the helicopter rose a little intothe sky, they saw three guards run towards them and the helicopter pulled back and the RPG rammed into it and it exploded and fell back into the three Two DSS and one DMI agents running towards it.

Michael felt sad for the loss but he knew they had to move on and he called out;

“John, what are you saying?”

"We could go through the street around the corner and hope they are not really patrolled. If we pass through, we can go through the backyards ofthe houses along them and hope to cross thelines behind us to the camp or we can keep going and see if we can get a truck to take us far out and we can get a phone from there”

Michael looked and saw IBK holding some rifles.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
“I could find these in case we need them”

Shade said “the Radio is still not working; I will need more time”

Michael said;

“You will get all the time you need as we go on. Izu, get the president; we have to get out of here before those guys come. John you lead with Dare behind you and then the Izu. The presidents will then follow with shade and IBK behind her. I will cover the rear. Now let’s move”
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
Done....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Foxybone(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44: Done....

Who and who died?

Hope not the guys that started the story sha angry angry
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
welldone mynd ,and thanks for updating although i am yet to read it
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
ok i have read it ,a few typos here and there ,aside that, it is a very good story ,well done mynd44!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
Foxybone:

Who and who died?

Hope not the guys that started the story sha angry angry
Go read it again
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
Tovot: ok i have read it ,a few typos here and there ,aside that, it is a very good story ,well done mynd44!
Thanks. I was not in the mood to type anything. I had to force it
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Foxybone(m): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Go read it again

I saw DSS agents. Why do you have to kill them na, those guyz are supposed to be smart for God sake, they make my adrenalin pump Man. angry angry
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
Foxybone:

I saw DSS agents. Why do you have to kill them na, those guyz are supposed to be smart for God sake, they make my adrenalin pump Man. angry angry
Pele...Someone has to die na
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Foxybone(m): 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Pele...Someone has to die na

You made them sound like the Heroes then end up killing them, Jeezz.... Now that is what I call writing.

Ehm, BTW, do not kill anyone again o, it should not turn to a superhero story but a team stuff.

Just my 2 kobo sha grin grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
Foxybone:

You made them sound like the Heroes then end up killing them, Jeezz.... Now that is what I call writing.

Ehm, BTW, do not kill anyone again o, it should not turn to a superhero story but a team stuff.

Just my 2 kobo sha grin grin
I don't know what you are talking about bro. The guys I started the story with are Izu and IBK who are very much alive (for now)
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Foxybone(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't know what you are talking about bro. The guys I started the story with are Izu and IBK who are very much alive (for now)

Ohhh.... DSS = Department of State Security.

SSS= Walai I no know grin grin

Make sense, I just got it mixed up along the way, thanks for pointing it out.

And must you sound like Sexkillz undecided undecided **Having SexkillPhobia for that dude men** grin grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
Foxybone:

Ohhh.... DSS = Department of State Security.

SSS= Walai I no know grin grin

Make sense, I just got it mixed up along the way, thanks for pointing it out.

And must you sound like Sexkillz undecided undecided **Having SexkillPhobia for that dude men** grin grin
SSS= State Security service.....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Foxybone(m): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
SSS= State Security service.....

Inside all this many talk na this one you correct. Jesu... I know it is State Security Service na, I just wan talk.

BTW, please come back to the mood and continue oooo
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Foxybone:

Inside all this many talk na this one you correct. Jesu... I know it is State Security Service na, I just wan talk.

BTW, please come back to the mood and continue oooo
I am trying to
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Foxybone(m): 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am trying to

Oya oo...

I dey wait for updates big time grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
Foxybone:

Oya oo...

I dey wait for updates big time grin
Coming from someone who is synonymous with abandoned stories. You must not be a road construction contractor grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Foxybone(m): 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Coming from someone who is synonymous with abandoned stories. You must not be a road construction contractor grin

Nah... I am always behind my system or phone wait for updates so forget that thing.

I just kind of lose interest most times because of workload. But come August sha, I might upload because NBA law week and courts going on summer break will allow one have a little time to reflect wink
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
Oga mynd, thanks 4 d wonderfully constructed story line. Oya, d question on my lips is "who shot d copter" cos its not d teutans since dat lucas of a guy is not behind it. My 2 kobo o.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
Damex333: Oga mynd, thanks 4 d wonderfully constructed story line. Oya, d question on my lips is "who shot d copter" cos its not d teutans since dat lucas of a guy is not behind it. My 2 kobo o.
Na me shoot am. I hate that pilot.......

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Foxybone(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Na me shoot am. I hate that pilot.......

Hahahahahahahaa

Just imagine. Wetin you expect the pilot make him do? angry
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
Foxybone:

Hahahahahahahaa

Just imagine. Wetin you expect the pilot make him do? angry
I hate him cos he is short
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
I don't know why you guys are using my name to write stories. First repogirl and now you. But am not complaining but find the characters a good lady to lay .
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
IZUKWU: I don't know why you guys are using my name to write stories. First repogirl and now you. But am not complaining but find the characters a good lady to lay .
You need some Jesus. But if you want some Sango, I can organise that
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
All these Una replies sef na different story entirely.... cheesy

Oga Mynd Well done jare.... More power to your Mynd and fingers.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
Osyxcel: All these Una replies sef na different story entirely.... cheesy

Oga Mynd Well done jare.... More power to your Mynd and fingers.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.