Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (127957 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
inspiration is on its way, it would soon get to your bus stop cheesy
Mynd_44: I am so without inspiration......
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
Tovot: inspiration is on its way, it would soon get to your bus stop cheesy
Lmao
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Obinnau(m): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mynd_44:
Lmao
oga Mynd I prophesy that the ispiratio will come, but if its not forthcoming abeg take am easy and slow down, don't spoil our sweet story with half done tori!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
D inspiration just passed me by now, guess it's on it's way 2 Ur house.

Oga Mind, abeg no fall our hand o....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by princesa(f): 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2013
earlier parts of Chapter 3. triggers memory of...Liberia and Rwanda (the Huti and Tutsi) saga, now am so emotional embarassed

#stops reading for now, my poor heartsad continues tomorrow...

welldone Mynd.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Chapter Four
Pawns

The captain put down the receiver and looked in front of him. The road ahead was partly lit up and he knew his men and him are walking into something that would soon become a battle field. He had not been told to invade the palace but to go there with his troops and just keep the guards there busy. He did not know what that meant and since he was told that it was a covert mission, he did not bother sharing the details with the men. He was just to go there to loiter but if need be, they could also use guns and engage the Tetuan troops in their mission to loiter. They were under strict instructions not to use heavy artillery on the palace itself but to use it to defend themselves ban under no circumstances were they to go near the west wing. He knew the west wing was where something was going on and the shelling of the east wing was just what it was; a smoke screen which from what he was seeing the Tetuans did not see.

The whole battalion had left camp and his squadron had broken off while the rest while the remaining would keep driving and take a turn where they would do the same thing from the north wing. He looked to the front and gave the order for the squad to move forward. They were to provoke the Tetuans until they opened fire first and that would also help the other guys at the north to reach their destination before the fighting starts. He got back into the truck as the car moved forward but slowly towards the palace when they got to a check point which looked undermanned and they stopped. A poorly dressed soldier walked towards them with an AK 47 swung over his shoulder and he looked at the company

“This is a restricted location, peacekeepers are allowed this far”

The captain got down and walked towards him smiling as he looked into the distance and saw soldiers scrambling towards them and taking positions around and he said;

“We are dropping by to say hello on you folks, I hope y’all don’t mind”

The guard looked at the captain carefully under the dimly lit lights and said;

“Please turn your vehicles around”

“That is not really possible son, you and your partner there either allow us pass or you will have to shoot at us. You know how it is when you wake up in the middle of the night and you suddenly feel the need to take a stroll into somewhere you are not allowed. That’s how we are right now.”

He looked back to one of his men who got down and walked towards him. The soldier walked to him and whispered into his ears;

“They are in position sir”

The captain looked at the guard and saw his partner coming out of the booth with his guntrained on them and he felt bad for them. He knew what he would have to do and he still did not like it. his briefing had come directly from the defence headquarters and they had been told to treat the Tetuans as hostiles which meant they could kill any of them they wanted but that did not make him feel any better but he had been trained for this and just because he had spent months in the country protecting both sides did not really matter.

He looked towards the soldier beside him and nodded, with blinding speed and knock out force, the soldier landed a blow to the jaw of the guard and the guard hit the ground. The force, speed and precision of the blow gave a perfect combination as the guard lost consciousness before he even hit the ground. His partner saw him drop to the ground and pulled his gun on the both of them;

“Stop, stay where you are or else……”

The captain said;

“Or else what, you are going to shoot us?”

He turned his back to the guard and started walking towards the rest of the company andthen he saw in the distance that more trucks were coming their way. He looked back at theguard and said;

“There are more men here than you can handle, you should go meet your people, I am sure they will need as much men as possible or you can just surrender and we can let you go without harm. Both ways, it remains your choice”

The guard looked at the trucks which just joined the company and looked back at the Tetuan troops taking positions some distance away and he made his choice. He dropped hisgun and quickly walked away passing between the trucks and towards the end. He got to the last truck, took one last look back and started running into the shadows.

The soldier walked up to the captain and said;

“Seems like the Tetuan army is falling apart without us even attacking them yet”

“A lot of the guards that man these posts are just commoners without military training so what do you expect? The poor guy probably has a kid and a wife somewhere and he is out here in the cold watching over a leader who does not care about him”

The soldier said;

“So what are we doing here once again sir?”

“I can’t tell you”

“You can’t tell me or you don’t know sir?”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
“The order we have is to cause a disturbance and loiter until further instructions, order than that; I have no idea why we are attacking this place like this. If we really want to take it, we could just send in the Air force to bomb them and we mop up the pieces”

The captain walked back towards the rest, looked back at the soldier and said;

“Take care of that guard on the ground and let’s move forward, we are on a schedule”

Lucas Radonsolema was sitting in his chair behind his desk and trying to look as brave as he could and was doing a good job of it. He had his legs on the desk as he was in deep thoughts as to what to do next, he could not just wait and let the Nigerians come and grab the president but just disappearing right now would not be good thing and his men might lose confidence and desert their posts. One thing was sure and it was that if they came for the president, he would not be able to stop them but he could always take her somewhere else through another route.

His phone rang and he picked it up;

“What is the matter?” he queried

“Sir, another squadron of Nigerians just showed up at the north wing and they are headed straight for the gate”

For a few seconds, Lucas lost consciousness while holding the phones as blood flowed away from his brain and he felt his feet almost tremble. The north gate too?

“Get men there right now and why are you just allowing them advance towards you? Open fire on them before they get close enough to take you out before can do anything”

The voice replied not sure he wanted to carryout the order;

“You want us to open fire on them sir?”

“If you don’t, they will fire on you so get them back or at least make them stop and I have called for reinforcement from our main troops and they will be here in 2 hours so just hold them back. You don’t even have to fight them back”

“Yes sir” was the reply he got.

When the line went dead, he got up and went towards the window which faced the north wing and wondered how it was out there. Troops facing one another and all of them because of one woman when loads of them die all over Tetuan everyday

Seconds later, he heard a gunshot, followed with a burst and continuous burst of guns from all directions. He got away from the window, went back to his chair and said to himself;

“I hope this ends well”

In the house, the team heard the first shots and all went for their weapons instinctively. Michael looked at his watch which read 11;54and he looked back towards the team;

“Okay people, grab everything you should grab; we head out in 6 minutes”

Izu checked his back pack and made sure he was packing everything right because as much as he wanted to make the mission a success. He looked around him and everyone had such high hopes about the mission but he was not so sure; the whole idea of walking into another presidential palace was beginning to sound so impossible and the gunshots in the background made him lose more believe in the mission but he could not do much as he had already signed in.

At midnight, all nine of them stepped out of the house dressed in clothing that blended perfectly with the night. There was no other sound except that of gunfire in the distance and they started a cautious walk towards the presidential palace. They avoided the streets when they could and the remaining times, they moved through the road without guns drawn as they looked like a set of people taking a late night jog.

They kept running with none of them falling behind and this surprised IBK as he was expecting Shade to have asked for some timeto but she kept up with the rest of them and some times, she was actually in front of the group. They passed the dark streets and saw the lights from the palace in the distance and they went towards it, in the distance was a road block and Michael told the rest to wait behind a car as he walked towards it, a guard came out and said;

“Who are you and where are you going?”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2013
Back on track even though I had to force that update
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
All this viewing this page sef....una no dey comment? Make we move this story forward na.
sadsadsad
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Jiteshell(f): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
I loooooooovvvvve the story, kip it up. Wen's the nxt update coming?
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ok av commented oya continue.Jes jokin am lovin d story
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jiteshell: I loooooooovvvvve the story, kip it up. Wen's the nxt update coming?
Soon...

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Ok av commented oya continue.Jes jokin am lovin d story
Keep enjoying ma'am
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Oga mind, well done!

Suspence filled....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
Osyxcel: Oga mind, well done!

Suspence filled....
Thank you bro
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by dubem3(m): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
Weldone!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
Oga mynd we dey ur back lyk hunch, we support u wella cos we know say ur tori make sense die.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
dubem3: Weldone!
Thanks bro
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
Damex333: Oga mynd we dey ur back lyk hunch, we support u wella cos we know say ur tori make sense die.
cheesycheesy
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2013
Tho I only read abt 2chapters b4 I faded out (I dnt do thrillers),I cn tell u're doin a good job
..........Mynd d writer...More okro 2 ur elbow
#Back to my Sydney Sheldon#
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MissFibre(f): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2013
Vickii Ro: Tho I only read abt 2chapters b4 I faded out (I dnt do thrillers),I cn tell u're doin a good job
..........Mynd d writer...More okro 2 ur elbow
#Back to my Sydney Sheldon#
Thanks anyway
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
lol ! mynd wants comments , this story is wonderful mynd ,more ink to ur pen smiley
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by jjagz: 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
Mynd told ya b4 dis is ril movie ish....one day u must write movie script o...wetin dey du dat IBK guy self...lemme bet hiz gonna love up......more battery to ur pen:-)
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
jjagz: Mynd told ya b4 dis is ril movie ish....one day u must write movie script o...wetin dey du dat IBK guy self...lemme bet hiz gonna love up......more battery to ur pen:-)
I don't write about Love bro
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by jjagz: 12:53am On Jun 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't write about Love bro
Wu cares?? Jus du ur tin ....make I du my own....more ink to ur laptop:-D
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Peterpan1(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Nyc work, bt pls we need updates.

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2013
Peter pan: Nyc work, bt pls we need updates.
Okay sir
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MissFibre(f): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
Okay sir

Please move it back to the diaries... You left us high and dry angry
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
D story is nice bt am startin 2 gt tired of refreshin undecided
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by sambroose(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
Lemme join does guyz in d rescue mission.............oga mynd I love ur style of writing...........but common I want some actions soon, when will bullet start flying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.