Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (127930 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:58am On Jun 16, 2013
The president sat down on one of the beds inthe room as the sounds of the guns in the distance bothered her. for the time she had been held against her wish, everyone around her including Lucas Radonsolema had been courteous more out of fear of the position she occupied than anything else. She could not believe this could happen or that she would be up at that time of the day wondering and afraid for her own safety. TheTetuans had brought food and even though the only assistant they allowed to stay with her had advised her to eat, she did not take more than two spoons of the well prepared rice they brought. The hospitality they showed was still the same they would have shown her but she was not allowed to go anywhere and restricted to her room.

When she was first told, she had delivered a slap to the face of Lucas who although attempted to respond did not. He just looked at her, smiled and ordered that she be taken to the room at the top and watched. The whole day had passed quietly and nothing out of the ordinary had happen. Lucas told her he would be negotiating with ‘Her people’ but he did not come back with the results of the negotiations but with the sounds of gun fire in the distance, she knew what the results was and she understood. She had made the policy of not negotiating with criminals and she knew in the eyes of everyone who would be involved in the negotiations, Lucas had become one. By hold her, he had declared war on Nigeria and she was sure there would be attacks.

She was not afraid for her life because she knew her well being was the only reason Lucas was probably still alive and the reason Nigerian planes were not dropping bombs on the palace right now. She knew she had something to do with the gunshots. A thought had gone through her mind that it could have been the rebels but she ruled against it as the palace would be protected by Nigeria as long as she was inside whether or not she was held against her wish. She went over to the toilet and her sat down on achair. She got out and still saw the aide on the same chair and she said;

“Do you think there is a way to get out of here?”

The aide looked at her like she was crazy and said’

“How is that possible? The hall and the entire palace would be heavily guarded, we don’t know our way around and where will we go?”

“I don’t know. We could try to make for the Nigerian camp instead of sitting down here waiting for Lucas to do whatever he wants with us”

She went over to her and said;

“Ma’am, we should just sit tight and watch what happens. I am sure he would not allow any harm be done to you because he knows the consequence and so he would try to strike a deal with us”

She walked around the room, stopped in the middle and said;

“I don’t think you have noticed but I am not in a position to strike a deal right now. I might still be the president but any decision I take might just be dismissed and due to the no negotiating policy, I doubt anyone back home would be interested in anything he hasto say”
The aide looked at her and asked;

“But do you have any idea what he wants?”

“I wish I did, this would be a lot easier if I knew what he was up to or what he wanted. Lucas is one huge puzzle and Kuyi had told me that he is volatile but I waved him off”

“Kuyi ma’am?”

She looked back at the aide and discovered that she was not cleared for such informationand she said;

“Never mind”

She started walking around the room again with the gunshots still disturbing the night when they heard footsteps come towards thedoor and they both looked in the direction of the door and kept quiet. She walked towards the door until she was standing directly in front of it as there was another conversation and then the lock turned then the knob and the door opened inwards.

A number of men entered the room but none had their guns drawn unlike the former guards who were almost proud that they hadguns and so waved it around every time. One of them said;

“Okay, time for us to go”

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by dubem3(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
In D'banj 's voice #kimmon lets go
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
B-)
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
dubem3: In D'banj 's voice #kimmon lets go
Nice of you to join us sir
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
you've got me sitting at the edge of my chair,nice update
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
Tovot: you've got me sitting at the edge of my chair,nice update
Thank you ma'am
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Joy4mi(f): 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
action packed as usual.

nice work mynd
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
Joy4mi: action packed as usual.

nice work mynd
Thank you
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Reenoj(f): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
This is Myndd as usual,suspense filled,can hardly suggest the next twist.Weldone bro
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by dubem3(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Nice of you to join us sir
I get the butterflies when I read your work.
Thanks for the experience.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
Reenoj: This is Myndd as usual,suspense filled,can hardly suggest the next twist.Weldone bro
Thank you ma'am
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
dubem3:
I get the butterflies when I read your work.
Thanks for the experience.
You flatter me
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by decoderdgenius(m): 10:18am On Jun 17, 2013
Update jo
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2013
Oga mynd, pls lets go on.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2013
decoder dgenius: Update jo
Patience
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2013
Damex333: Oga mynd, pls lets go on.
It is going on na
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by fiolaP(f): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
Oh please dnot stop here now oh....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
fiolaP: Oh please dnot stop here now oh....
I don't intend to
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by ijebabe: 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
This is the first time I am doing something like this. Ijebabe asked me to try it and I did. For the first time, it seems I am out of my comfort zone and I have to borrow go slow before I lose it.

Please bear with me
I have complete faith in you smiley
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijebabe:
I have complete faith in you smiley
You are welcome to this movie ma'am
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by dubem3(m): 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
Now this is really funny.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
Now I am laughing
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nyc!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Nyc!
Thanks
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by decoderdgenius(m): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
Update jo.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
decoder dgenius: Update jo.
why?
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by oyestephen(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
why?
'cos we are oliver twists
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
oyestephen:
'cos we are oliver twists
Really?
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 10:16am On Jun 19, 2013
update now am tired of refreshing ! embarassed
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2013
update now ,if not ...
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:52am On Jun 21, 2013
Oya...lets go there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.