Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (127769 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by oyestephen(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
This guy is an expert at giving people high b.p
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
oyestephen: This guy is an expert at giving people high b.p
That is not true gringringrin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by texanomaly(f): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
I am so enjoying this story. I am at work pesently, but i am about to leave. I can't wait to get home and continue.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
texanomaly: I am so enjoying this story. I am at work pesently, but i am about to leave. I can't wait to get home and continue.
**now I am blushing**
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2013
Mynd_44:
**now I am blushing**
are you a brush!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2013
IZUKWU: are you a brush!
You again?
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
you were either lucas or micheal cheesy
Mynd_44:
Yes na. But guess who I was
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2013
Tovot: you were either lucas or micheal cheesy
Erm...... You think?
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
i can bet my empty check book on that grin
Mynd_44:
Erm...... You think?
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
Tovot: i can bet my empty check book on that grin
Wrong
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2013
A new update is ready but if I post it, y'all will kill me
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
She looked in the mirror that hung on the wall and wondered how the president must feel in the conditions she was. She had come from a completely civilian background and a family that was not in any way connected to any of the famous families in the country but she fought through being the Governor of her state and then a Senator and now president.

She has whipped everyone to shape and for the first time, has fought against corruption with a passion never seen in the country. She had her own flaws in awards some contracts to her friends but she made sure the contracts were done nonetheless.

She reached for a towel from the wall and buried her face into it as she wiped it clean. She looked back and was glad she was not used to wearing makeup or else her little facewash could have been a disaster. She never had the time for make up since she was in the military and her superiors had treated all of them like they were the same sex during training and after. She remembered her face as a cadet and smiled again.

Her training officials’ definition of gender equality was no discrimination at all. They treated everyone, both male and female as the same thing and the only thing female got that was different were sanitary pads. Everything else was the same. She had to share a bathroom with other cadets and evenliving quarters. She remembered vividly whenone of her mates had tried to take advantage of her one night and tried to force himself onher. She screamed and fought him off. He still did not stop until she delivered a well placed kick between his legs and he howled into the night.

That night, she was given a bed at the clinic and the next day she was back to the same place she was while the guy went to serve seven years in a maximum prison. She never asked about him even after her numerous promotions and she became the minister for defence. She had gone through the ranks and had a pretty difficult career but the past hours has been her toughest and she was happy it was almost over. She heard a knock on the door and she took the towel off her face as she turned towards the door and straightened her clothes;

“Come in” her voice still had the authority it had when she was the commander of the frigates on the gulf of Guinea and she saw Kuyi standing at the door his face emotionless.

“Was I gone that long?”
Kuyi stood there for some seconds and said;

“I think you better come here”

“Is something wrong?”

“Well, come listen to this yourself”

She put the towel back and walked out of the bathroom. As she walked back she felt the mood in the crisis room drop as their face dropped and she barely walked to her seat before she said;

“Okay people, hit me. What’s wrong?”

Buba answered;

“We just got reports from the camp that the team has been stopped by Tetuan troops on the road and they are blocking their way. They also said the team reported that there are men approaching them from the palace and they are closing in fast on them which means they will be surrounded on both sides”

Ifeoma could not believe what she was hearing and she could not sit down. She felt an unusual anger rise within her and she said to Buba;

“I thought your men were supposed to patrol those roads and make sure all the exits were blocked off so there are no surprises”

Buba was silent as he had no answers.

“General, that was a direct question and right now, I would love an answer to it if you don’t mind. I want to know why the exit to that road was not patrolled as planned and this could have happened.”

She looked at the vice president whose face showed nothing but surprise and fear;

“Get that mad man, Lucas Radonsolema on the line right now and send some helicopters to get those guys out of there since they are closed in and they are not yet under fire and send men to that squad of Tetuan soldiers and open fire on them. I don’t care if you use heavy artillery or tanks, just get the president out of there right now”

The vice president said;

“Well it is good we are calling Lucas, maybe we can talk to him and allow her pass”

“That’s an option" Kuyi said "but knowing Lucas, he will be so pissed, he would not be thinking properly”

“Then we give him something to help him think well; have the men loitering around his palace to press forward and remind him of the threat he is under if he does not stop thismadness” The chief of Air Staff Tony said.

“Let’s turn up the offensive and remind him of what he is up against”

“Only the president can give that order and in his absence, the vice president.” Kuyi said.

Kuyi barely finished before the Vice president said;

“Do whatever you can do to bring her back. I don’t care if it involves turning Tetuan into a desert”
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
Ifeoma cut in as she spoke into the radio;

“Get a bird in the air and get her out fast”

Tope then said;

“Lucas Radonsolema is refusing our request to speak to him. His aides say he is not available and they don’t know when he will be so I guess we are done with pretending to be nice to one another”

“Okay let’s bring down rain on these guys and make them feel a little heat” Ifeoma said as she shot a look at Buba

Lucas was in communication with his troops and he learnt that they had cut off the Nigerians on the front and at the back. the troops in front of them had positioned themselves and were expecting the Nigeriansto come at them while those who left the palace were closing in on them and they were under orders the take the Nigerian president and bring her back. so far the Nigerians seemed trapped but he knew it can still go against him so he urged them to move faster.

He heard his phone ring and instinct told him it was the Nigerians.

“They must have learnt that they don’t have a choice and they want to talk” he thought “but it will be better if I have the president in my custody before talking to them” so he had one of his men talk to them and he sat back in his chair nervously.

He barely relaxed when he heard an explosion rip through one of the walls of the palace itself and he jumped out of his chair. Even his bodyguards who had stood motionless previously turned to see what caused it.

He grabbed his phone and called his captain at the west wind and said;

“What is happening there?”

“Sir, the Nigerians are pushing forward and moving fast at us”

“What do you mean pushing forward? Fire back and keep your line”

“Sir since the attacks started, it seemed the Nigerians just wanted to stay here and use light weaponry but right now, they are blasting trough. It is as though they were sleeping before and they suddenly woke up. I am not sure how long we can hold here. They also have some long range shells which seems to be reaching the palace itself”

All of a sudden, Lucas understood everything. The troops at his wings were all there to distract him and get the president out but now that she was not there, there was no reason to keep playing around. He expected that soon, they would also attack aerially and the need to get the Nigerian president became more pertinent.

IBK and Izu were used to automatic rifles but still, they found them heavy. There jobs were mostly done with pistols and hand guns and the heavy artillery were rarely used but in thiscase, it became important, they had opened their backpacks and each man and woman had held on th as much as they can carry.

Izu, IBK, Shade and John agent been told to stay with the president while Michael led another team and he stood by the truck with their guns trained towards the trucks approaching them. Shade was to stay in contact with the camp while John was told to find an escape plan in case they needed to leave the place in a hurry.

The trucks pressed forward and Michael and his team opened fire towards the lights in front of the lights as the morning silence wasbroken by a burst of automatic rifles. The trucks slowed down a little as in the moon lit sky they saw some men got down from the trucks and returned fire. Bullets came flying into their side for sometime but it stopped and Michael understood one thing. As much as the Tetuans would protect themselves, they still wanted the president alive as they knew she was the only thing that will stop the Nigerian military from an all out offensive against them.

He and his team continued firing into the distance and he saw about four of the men who got down from the trucks fall down under the influence of the bullets and he smiled. The trucks had almost pulled to a stop now as more and more men got out of the trucks and he told his men;

“Keep firing, we can’t kill them all but we can slow them down”

He barely finished talking when they heard the whirling sounds of a helicopter’s blades in the distance.

He thought to himself;

“I hope that’s our ride”

The sound came from the camp and they all felt relieved that help was on its way. The helicopter flew above the Tetuans blocking the road ahead and came towards them. The Tetuans must have seen the helicopter too because they opened fire towards the sky but it was out of reach.

John pulled out two flares from his jacket, lit them and threw them to the floor in front of him as the helicopter hovered over the flares a little then came down close to it as Izu, IBK and Shade led the president towards it.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
Lucas heard his phone ring and he picked it almost immediately;

“Tell me some good news”
The voice on the other side said;

“Sir they just sent a helicopter to the Nigerians and we think it is going to get the out before we get there.”

He replied;

“Well make sure she does not get on that helicopter”

Michael looked back and saw IBK, Izu and Shade run towards the helicopter with help of the helicopter’s flood lights and a smile almost escaped his lips. He said over the sound of gun fire and the helicopter’s blades;

“You guys head to the chopper, Dare stay with me and cover them. When they get on, we go after them and we are out of her for good”

Dare looked and saw the men run towards the helicopter as the president and those with her started getting on it. At the corner ofhis eyes, he saw something strange from the roof of a house on the side of the road. There was a figure moving with something on his/her shoulder. The figure settled down at one corner and assumed a posture he recognized well.

He screamed in the direction of the chopper;

“Get back; there is a shooter on the roof”

Seconds later, smoke was seen from the roof an RPG ripped out of its canister towards the helicopter. It flew creating a tail of white smoke and went towards the helicopter.

Michael saw the figure just as the RPG left the roof and his eyes followed the fast moving object as it ripped into the helicopter and there was an explosion that lit up the entire surrounding
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
Okay....so I am still alive. Seems everyone is okay with this gringringrin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Sequoia(m): 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
more
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
ooo mynd u deserve a kiss kiss ,now nhis is some action mehn i almost 4got it was a story !nice i want more cheesy
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MissFibre(f): 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
You are lucky no one died yet. I would have skinned you alive with my teeth.

You need a tight hug cos you are doing a perfect job.

Tex... Nice coming to this place. Is that you on your profile?
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:13am On Jun 23, 2013
Sequoia: more
What? I need to rest biko
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:13am On Jun 23, 2013
Tovot: ooo mynd u deserve a kiss kiss ,now nhis is some action mehn i almost 4got it was a story !nice i want more cheesy
Thanks. You guys make me better
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:14am On Jun 23, 2013
Miss_Fibre: You are lucky no one died yet. I would have skinned you alive with my teeth.

You need a tight hug cos you are doing a perfect job.

Tex... Nice coming to this place. Is that you on your profile?
I am glad you like it
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Ice4jez(m): 7:52am On Jun 23, 2013
barman i think i told u as i dey finish say make u dey arrange bottles for mynd front for a job well done
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 8:01am On Jun 23, 2013
Ice4jez: barman i think i told u as i dey finish say make u dey arrange bottles for mynd front for a job well done
I stopped taking alcohol bro
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
bro, try 'udeme' its good for you.

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
IZUKWU: bro, try 'udeme' its good for you.
I will pass
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
"Monkey- tail" nko! It works wonders!

1 Like

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
IZUKWU: "Monkey- tail" nko! It works wonders!
No. Thank you
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Ice4jez(m): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
they tell u na only alcoholic drink dem get for my beer.maltina or fivealive dey now
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ice4jez: they tell u na only alcoholic drink dem get for my beer.maltina or fivealive dey now
Okay ooo
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
See, i know some one or two must lose some tin if not life,mayb a head or a hand, but all of em can't go unscathed na, and me think u re neither michael cos i dunno, but u might be izu or ibkgrin, If u talk say d chopper went away with d president ni, i 4 talk say na lie, cos the tutans no be zombie na. Na better cocktail me go serve u courtesy of my private bar.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
Damex333: See, i know some one or two must lose some tin if not life,mayb a head or a hand, but all of em can't go unscathed na, and me think u re neither michael cos i dunno, but u might be izu or ibkgrin, If u talk say d chopper went away with d president ni, i 4 talk say na lie, cos the tutans no be zombie na. Na better cocktail me go serve u courtesy of my private bar.
Person we lose head don lose life na.....

Plus dude, the story just started sef. It is not even half way yet
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
Person we lose head don lose life na.....

Plus dude, the story just started sef. It is not even half way yet
LET THE SHOW CONTINUE

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.