Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42473 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by mathefaro(m): 11:34pm On May 06, 2013
After going through the 10 pages of this thread, I've seen how hypocritical people can be. Although it's quite obvious that the rate at which students now study is nowhere near what it used to be but I'm very sure most of you who claim you spent all day studying without any distraction such as the social media would do more than what these guys are doing cos you probably might not get up to 150. Apparently, this year's utme wasn't based on student's performances at all but criteria best known to jamb alone. My students all studied which I can testify to, but . we're still given unjustified marks. So please stop saying the mass failure was due to laziness, unseriousness or addiction to social networks. I pray God console those of you that fall victim of this mysterious nd wicked act.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 11:38pm On May 06, 2013
Am sure u knw hw we feel... God bless u...
mathefaro: After going through the 10 pages of this thread, I've seen how hypocritical people can be. Although it's quite obvious that the rate at which students now study is nowhere near what it used to be but I'm very sure most of you who claim you spent all day studying without any distraction such as the social media would do more than what these guys are doing cos you probably might not get up to 150. Apparently, this year's utme wasn't based on student's performances at all but criteria best known to jamb alone. My students all studied which I can testify to, but . we're still given unjustified marks. So please stop saying the mass failure was due to laziness, unseriousness or addiction to social networks. I pray God console those of you that fall victim of this mysterious nd wicked act.
GOD BLESS U...... Am justng wondrng y sum pple cnt ve a deep tot, 4 years naw had candidates eva protest dis much.?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by mathefaro(m): 11:52pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: Am sure u knw hw we feel... God bless u.
yes I do, cos as a teacher, I know how it felt when my best student who uses jamb's math as a toy or foot mat, was given 47 in an exam I examined and realized he ought to get nothing less than 90. As in the questions were Damn cheap. The students were also given thorough orientation on what to do wit their OMR sheet with practical, so no one should tell me they all made a mistake in shading the types they answered
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by jomarick(m): 11:55pm On May 06, 2013
viccipedia: are you serious? what number do you have in mind when you say few? we are been exploited here and you are talking about thrash and social networks.... it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.... speak for urself or dont speak atall..... if jamb know that the spaces available in the in the institutions are limited, the forms should also be limited how can you sell 1.7 million forms when you only have 500k spaces? it makes absolutely no sense. this has gone on for a very long tym nd I must say if nothing is done it will continue, even our so called institutions are following the same footsteps... you know u can only admit 7000 students and then you sell 100k post utme forms... ths is just bad...
if jamb should sell only 500k forms because the spaces available is 500k.Then there would be no nid for the exams.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Olamyyde(m): 12:03am On May 07, 2013
may god help us all
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by olamy7(m): 12:08am On May 07, 2013
Na God go punish anybody wey tel me say i no read 4 dis Jamb cuz i denied mai self alot.despite al mai tutor,despite nt less dan 5hrs i invested on readin, after finishing tutorial 4rm 1 2 6 nd despite aw i denied mai self wen i suppose 2 slip.despite al mai prayer concernin dis exam.stil yet dibu nd al his frdz awarded me wit 194.despite d fact dat dis year jamb is 2 simple.dhey ar putin me into sorrow naw,i should score notin less dan 280 but dhey gave me 194.i cnt course u o cuz mai success is nt in yur hand.but 2 dose wu ar sayin we didn't prepare,God wil punish you al cuz u ar jst annoying me as i am viewing ur commentz.am fed up !
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 12:10am On May 07, 2013
Umartins1: My heart keeps being offended as I read more and more of 'they were not serious. Most of them were after expo and always pinging'.

May my God punish everyone saying this. How long will you ppl get this into your brain that

WE DID NOT FAIL BUT THEY FAILED US?

Dude, think before you type please. You want to tell me that most Nigerian Students who took Jamb this year actually studied very well for it? Are you blind to all the malpractices you see around you everyday (both in Jamb, WASSCE and NECO)- special centers et cetera. Of course you studied for Jamb but how on earth can you say they assigned scores randomly How does that make any sense to you? The grading system is pretty standardized and has remained so for donkey years now. Everything is multiple choice hence your answer can either be right or wrong!

I still maintain that the mass failure in Jamb is mostly due to student's ill preparation. Whether you agree with me or not is your own cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by odinakachi(m): 12:14am On May 07, 2013
it appears that most candidate did 'run' and unfortunately the so called runs was fake!, u see?...i think that is the one of the causes of the mass failure.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by buzyguy: 12:18am On May 07, 2013
I wonda why nd hw God jst help sum ingrates lyk u,ar brilliant dan sum who scored blow ur mark?u only complaind chm u didnt complain oda subjects,i bliev if u had bn given 45 all round u wld av found sumwhre to sit,rather dan coming here quoting ironically.pls giv room 4the affectees to brng their comments.
Olamyyde: I didn't want to comment on this thread but i was forced to cos' of the posts I've been seeing, i wrote jamb last yr and scored 223 at d age of 14, passed pume but wasn't offered admission to unaab cos i chose it as 2nd choice. This yr i scored 230. believe me i read lyk madt. i read so much that i can't recall a night i slept b4 1:30am, i started taking lipton in febuary risking my growth just so i could read. i quit 2go jan 15 until i finished physics scheme of work.
here are my scores;
physics-67(best subject)
maths-62
english-56(maybe becos of d literature)
chemistry-45(wen i saw this i knew jamb was playing a trick, how can somebody be good in maths and phys but suck in chem? i dropped my ababio for chemistry and started reading lamlad chemistry(40% Olevel, 60% Alevel), den a f*ckin computa tells me i got 45, god dammit it ain't cool)
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 12:30am On May 07, 2013
mathefaro: After going through the 10 pages of this thread, I've seen how hypocritical people can be. Although it's quite obvious that the rate at which students now study is nowhere near what it used to be but I'm very sure most of you who claim you spent all day studying without any distraction such as the social media would do more than what these guys are doing cos you probably might not get up to 150. Apparently, this year's utme wasn't based on student's performances at all but criteria best known to jamb alone. My students all studied which I can testify to, but . we're still given unjustified marks. So please stop saying the mass failure was due to laziness, unseriousness or addiction to social networks. I pray God console those of you that fall victim of this mysterious nd wicked act.

I don't mean to be rude sir, but I am pretty sure you you will acknowledge the fact that more students have become less hardworking in their studies because most Nigerian teachers aid them in different external exams malpractices. This of course doesn't mean there are no hardworking students out there.This is the point I am trying to make:

Long term exam malpractices => lower overall student study-drive => poor performance on exams. Please don't try to blame the GRADERs of an exam as the reason for students' poor performances! As far as I am concerned, if one uses the right approach to prepare for Jamb, it becomes as simple as A B C. Daz all.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 1:18am On May 07, 2013
When I wrote my Jamb, Facebook wasn't as popular as it is now, 2go was not even in existence and I was a guest on nairaland then. I scored 239, God helped me and I did my best too.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Olamyyde(m): 1:23am On May 07, 2013
buzyguy: I wonda why nd hw God jst help sum ingrates lyk u,ar brilliant dan sum who scored blow ur mark?u only complaind chm u didnt complain oda subjects,i bliev if u had bn given 45 all round u wld av found sumwhre to sit,rather dan coming here quoting ironically.pls giv room 4the affectees to brng their comments.
yea I'm an ingrate, tank u for ur senseless post. I'm still thanking God for my score. But tell me u pusillanimous idiot, is 45 as a mark over 100 not poor. It isn't fair even if i scored 250 and got sometin below average in chemistry even though i worked hard for it. u need to hear the bashing my dad gave me, dude take ur time ooo
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Dolakinz(m): 1:29am On May 07, 2013
May God help all
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by otokx(m): 2:44am On May 07, 2013
Dolakinz: Daddies,Mothers, brodas and sisters, I greet all of you. First of all, i want to appreciate God 4 his mercies that endureth 4reva in my life. I AV DONE JAMB MORE DAN ONCE BEFORE.I ONCE HAD 229 and last yr's score was 256. So i started dis year's exam on a high note. I had at least 3 best textbooks on each subject. Y i did dis was to beat {256} which i had d previous year,and also to have a very high score. I can swear with anything dat i read each text book more than four times. Which means i read a subject 16 times,which equals to 16*4=64 times b4 exam. I treated all past questions, i made sure i found answers 2 complex question. I AM SAYIN DIS NOT TO BRAG BUT TO TELL U HOW PREPARED I WAS TO AV MAYBE ONE OF D BEST RESULTS. but as fate wud av it, i checkd on sunday, and i was shocked,i cudnt tell my parents, but i told them on monday night, but till now they are still abusing and blaming me,calling me all sorts of names,despite d fact dat they knew i prepared well 4 d exam. I try 2 tell them it wasnt my result with all assurance, they rather blame me d more. HOW WILL I TELL THEM DAT D UNCIRCUMCISED HAVE GONE FAR DIS TIME. My pple TELL JAMB DAT THEY ARE A FAILURE. If u want to stop exam malpractices,come up wit a plan to catch d theives,cowards,evil perpetrators, cheaters, retardeens, NOT DESTROYIN D HARD AND RIGOROUS LABOUR OF SERIOUS &DEDICATED STUDENTS. I saw my result{although i score more dan 200} and i realised JAMB HAS GONE FAR DIS TIME. It cost notin 4 a candle to lite anoda candle, THEY SHUD AV FIND A WAY TO DIFF D NON-CHEATERS AND D CHEATERS. Help me tell DIBU O O O. Tell them o.

in a center were cheating is above 90% how is jamb to differentiate between sheep and goat? most of you do not listen to instructions, you assume that what has been will always continue to be.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by otokx(m): 2:48am On May 07, 2013
Olamyyde:
yea I'm an ingrate, tank u for ur senseless post. I'm still thanking God for my score. But tell me u pusillanimous idiot, is 45 as a mark over 100 not poor. It isn't fair even if i scored 250 and got sometin below average in chemistry even though i worked hard for it. u need to hear the bashing my dad gave me, dude take ur time ooo
45/100 is a good score in Nigeria where most students no longer read. Beta start preparing for your post utme cos that is the real deal.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by arki(m): 5:35am On May 07, 2013
yhemite: Notting do u bro..wth 198.. U re already a stdt of uniosun in embryo..i can bet my life wth it,so long u hv 200k skul fees o
Jamb cut-off mark for universities might be 180
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by arki(m): 5:47am On May 07, 2013
haitto99: wld lautech accept 189?
U are on a safer side as long as it's nt below 180. Jamb cut-off for universities will be 180. Also pursue your poly 2
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 6:27am On May 07, 2013
mathefaro:
yes I do, cos as a teacher, I know how it felt when my best student who uses jamb's math as a toy or foot mat, was given 47 in an exam I examined and realized he ought to get nothing less than 90. As in the questions were Damn cheap. The students were also given thorough orientation on what to do wit their OMR sheet with practical, so no one should tell me they all made a mistake in shading the types they answered
exactly. God bless u sir

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Zhedoga: 6:57am On May 07, 2013
my kid broda scored 202 for civil law in ABU
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by rossete2020(f): 7:06am On May 07, 2013
pls o, hw can one check d jamb result
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by buzyguy: 7:16am On May 07, 2013
I strongly blieve u r refering to ur father at home nt me,cuz d way u behave to ur father at home reflects here now.GO LEARN HOW TO BEHAVE OR ELSE U REGRET IT,i wldnt exchnge any inane nd insultiv terms wit u cuz u r more lyk a kid 2me.NAIRALAND SPARES U,if nt i wld av made u pay for ur barbarianism.ALAILEKO OSHII.
Olamyyde:
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by christopheru(m): 9:16am On May 07, 2013
I scored 206 IMSU. Please is the score too small to study accountancy? I need replies pls
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ekolina(m): 9:57am On May 07, 2013
viccipedia: are you serious? what number do you have in mind when you say few? we are been exploited here and you are talking about thrash and social networks.... it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.... speak for urself or dont speak atall..... if jamb know that the spaces available in the in the institutions are limited, the forms should also be limited how can you sell 1.7 million forms when you only have 500k spaces? it makes absolutely no sense. this has gone on for a very long tym nd I must say if nothing is done it will continue, even our so called institutions are following the same footsteps... you know u can only admit 7000 students and then you sell 100k post utme forms... ths is just bad...
I can see u r a product of malpractice. If jamb limits d sale of form 2 d available space, what would den apen 2 d 1.2m candidiates dat r quify 2 compete 4 a space? I guess u ve nt heard anyfin abt competition b4. I teach in a skool n extra morals n can tell u dat students r d cause of their failure
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ekolina(m): 10:02am On May 07, 2013
Get_Ova_Me: i did study hard for the jamb examination, and did it without mal practice, but the result was 'unexplainably' poor, i wasnt well prepared last yr and i got above 220. . Somethin' is definitely wrong with the marking of my OMR, i am ready to take up my case to Jamb office and defend my result. . . Jez need any advice.
shut up! Those dat study hard dnt frequent social media. Tell mi sincerely if u didnt use ur cell fone during d xamz
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ekolina(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2013
eni orisha: passed out 6yrs ago? How many utme attempts do u have so far, mine was about 12yrs ago & 6th utme-unilag attemts. Now i made 231 in going 4 english education in unilag.
both of u shld b ashamed of yasef.....fools
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ekolina(m): 10:09am On May 07, 2013
Geniusvic: pls does anyone know which
good private universities
that accept candidates
whose jamb scores are less
than 180/cut-off?
Hw can d educational system improve wen dullard like u ve option in private universities
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by viccipedia: 10:15am On May 07, 2013
ekolina: I can see u r a product of malpractice. If jamb limits d sale of form 2 d available space, what would den apen 2 d 1.2m candidiates dat r quify 2 compete 4 a space? I guess u ve nt heard anyfin abt competition b4. I teach in a skool n extra morals n can tell u dat students r d cause of their failure
oh sir what do u mean by product of malpractice..... am sorry that competition ur talking abt, is it for the best academics to get admited or for d ones wit the best runz? thats y pdp is still rulling nigeria. adults who cnt be sincere
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Olamyyde(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2013
buzyguy: I strongly blieve u r refering to ur father at home nt me,cuz d way u behave to ur father at home reflects here now.GO LEARN HOW TO BEHAVE OR ELSE U REGRET IT,i wldnt exchnge any inane nd insultiv terms wit u cuz u r more lyk a kid 2me.NAIRALAND SPARES U,if nt i wld av made u pay for ur barbarianism.ALAILEKO OSHII.
wow, a kid, someone with no home training, dats the best u could come up with. I don't understand y some pple in africa are just so proud, dey believe they deserve respect even when dey disgrace themselves lyk dis. otokx, thank u for ur sensible comment joor
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 07, 2013
WOOooooooooooh I scored 263....after getting too scared to check..........thank god
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by chiwuike20: 11:27am On May 07, 2013
I'm resolved to believing dat most criticism frm candidates comes frm their frustration, not because jamb is sold to 1.7million candidates whr spaces available is 500,000. What do u expect jamb to do? Sell 500,000 form 4 student? so dat all of dem will b admitted irrespective of their capabilities? Who will they sell it to? I bliv u mean (FFF) fastest finger first shud b d criteria 4 selling form. If dat is d method u want, then Nigeria higher institutionwill b in shambles just as our secondary level has been all dis while in no time. D real problem of education stems frm d insufficient higher institution to meet wit d desires of d people to go to sch. And d population keeps on rising. Poor Jamb! Left alone to manage a high degree of hungry aspirant with a limited higher institution available. It is dis reason dat causes a high degree of competition, wch in turn inflates d scores/cut-off marks, encourage malpractices 4 impatient and unresolved candidates and introduce negative marking methods. And I must add dat students downgrade d hardness of Jamb, and Jamb in turn, frustrate their expectation. Most of d people who claim they've read like hell, have done little compared to what is needed to soar high in d examination. To prove dat jamb isn't a child's plays, look @ d prescribed textbooks by jamb and see if u know anybody dat has @ least, half of them. Almost all d books r A'level and higher institution textbooks, and questions to be set will be taken from all of them, xpectially technical questions. Most people rely on past question. I'm sorry who whoever uses it without making research to confirm d correctness of d answers. Even d past questions sold @ jamb offices, r also questionable. Probably, dey don't give 1 or 2 correct answers to give room 4 even more study and judgment. I hope someone will gain frm dis msgs and see things frm anoda context besides their own, even more importantly, to be be a better student.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by viccipedia: 11:34am On May 07, 2013
chiwuike20: I'm resolved to believing dat most criticism frm candidates comes frm their frustration, not because jamb is sold to 1.7million candidates whr spaces available is 500,000. What do u expect jamb to do? Sell 500,000 form 4 student? so dat all of dem will b admitted irrespective of their capabilities? Who will they sell it to? I bliv u mean (FFF) fastest finger first shud b d criteria 4 selling form. If dat is d method u want, then Nigeria higher institutionwill b in shambles just as our secondary level has been all dis while in no time. D real problem of education stems frm d insufficient higher institution to meet wit d desires of d people to go to sch. And d population keeps on rising. Poor Jamb! Left alone to manage a high degree of hungry aspirant with a limited higher institution available. It is dis reason dat causes a high degree of competition, wch in turn inflates d scores/cut-off marks, encourage malpractices 4 impatient and unresolved candidates and introduce negative marking methods. And I must add dat students downgrade d hardness of Jamb, and Jamb in turn, frustrate their expectation. Most of d people who claim they've read like hell, have done little compared to what is needed to soar high in d examination. To prove dat jamb isn't a child's plays, look @ d prescribed textbooks by jamb and see if u know anybody dat has @ least, half of them. Almost all d books r A'level and higher institution textbooks, and questions to be set will be taken from all of them, xpectially technical questions. Most people rely on past question. I'm sorry who whoever uses it without making research to confirm d correctness of d answers. Even d past questions sold @ jamb offices, r also questionable. Probably, dey don't give 1 or 2 correct answers to give room 4 even more study and judgment. I hope someone will gain frm dis msgs and see things frm anoda context besides their own, even more importantly, to be be a better student.
goood msg...u shld try telling the poor masses whr they would get d money to buy ALL THE TEXT BOOKS jamb prescribed....
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Bryoka(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2013

I beg to disagree. Every eligible candidate should be given the opportunity to apply. Students these days don't read oooh. What happens ds days is get engaged with social networks, go thru past questions in split seconds, then start fasting and prayer 3 days b4 exams. My frnds, there is nothing like little effort and big success. Only fools run away with that mentality. Its very unfortunate that this yr's result was poor,but kids of today are in trouble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) / Redeployment Letter From Corper With "Spiritual Attack" - 'Aljanu'(photo) / Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.