Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,167 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42314 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by biz2get(m): 3:51pm On May 06, 2013
drey_007: I av an aggregate of 200,wana study medcine @ OOU ,an HOPE!?

Yes there's. If you can get o100# in post utme
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 3:51pm On May 06, 2013
biz2get:

I keep saying this, even if it's computer how can 1.7mil papers be make in such a few days if not with the help of random

Somfin is rely fishing here.
confirm... D machine fit develop fault gan no be naija. Mtchew
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Cheks01(f): 3:55pm On May 06, 2013
D skool I'm servin s JAMB centre. B4 exam starts dt vry day al d students already v d ans sent 2 dem by their frnds as in df types, both type yellow n d rest. N most of them dont even bother 2 cross check d type given 2 dem n dey js shade, within 5 to 10mins dey finished n submit. In ds case who do u blame or hw do u expect d result 2 look alike?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by samcro: 3:55pm On May 06, 2013
There is no need to cry foul..if you scored btw 180-199 you can enter school this year?it doesn't have to be your first choice or the federal university you are after.there are private unis that would take you if you pass the post ume well.there are still students who got 280 that won't enter skul this year cos some folks who got 160 know the right people..
No time to waste go collect polythenic and private uni post ume form and write.focus on the post ume and smash it well!!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Birdmanjnr(m): 3:55pm On May 06, 2013
emmygod: many students wrote thesame thing. Phone malpractice
U 4 comment ur reserve for here, 'phone malpractice' abi na chinese phone producers dem be? smh
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by biz2get(m): 3:56pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: confirm... D machine fit develop fault gan no be naija. Mtchew

#Gbam__/

Mayb. Next year ppl will leave malpractice and start shading random since is been used to mark papers #justsaying
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 4:00pm On May 06, 2013
Cheks01: D skool I'm servin s JAMB centre. B4 exam starts dt vry day al d students already v d ans sent 2 dem by their frnds as in df types, both type yellow n d rest. N most of them dont even bother 2 cross check d type given 2 dem n dey js shade, within 5 to 10mins dey finished n submit. In ds case who do u blame or hw do u expect d result 2 look alike?
madam any one dat shade type using colour dn fail b4 result go evn cum out coz deir s ntn lyk colour dis yr last yr was color type...

U c dose kind pple wnt lament, and if sum1 lyk dat shuld protest i swear na DEVIL GO PUNISH AM, y shuld such daft fellow lament.. So no point
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by jpphilips(m): 4:01pm On May 06, 2013
Emylexray: This thread is borne by the unending outcry and lamentations from candidates who sat for the just concluded UTME. Ceasless outcry has trailed the aftermath of the release of the 2013 UTME results by JAMB. It is no longer news that the results have been released and Going by the scores i have seen so far on Nairaland and Facebook, a large number of candidates failed woefully. Majority of the scores i've seen ranged from 100-198. This is a bad omen for the future of supposed "future leaders of tomorrow" . What could be the cause of this mass failure? Did JAMB purposely fail candidates to remedy the sale of about 1.7 million JAMB forms for 500,000 available spaces for admission? Was it the sole fault of the candidates? Can this mass failure be attributed to the dwindling educational sector? All these are questions begging for answers. What exactly do you think is rationale behind these shameful results? Over to you!

blame it on DSTV and over feeding or better still blame it on face book and BBM, re you done??
the UTME candidates dont get admitted, the few that managed to be admitted dont get jobs, so why waste the resources and productive years?

send the damn kids to soccer academy in a 15yr career period they have made it better than you the Dad.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 4:02pm On May 06, 2013
jp philips:

blame it on DSTV and over feeding or better still blame it on face book and BBM, re you done??
the UTME candidates dont get admitted, the few that managed to be admitted dont get jobs, so why waste the resources and productive years?

send the damn kids to soccer academy in a 15yr career period they have made it better than you the Dad.
hmmmmm
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by drey08(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2013
They say BBM,2GO,WHATSAPP,FB iz d problem#smh,4 U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 come here п̥̥̲̣̣̣̥ð comment iam sure U̶̲̥̅̊ av 1 of doz
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 4:11pm On May 06, 2013
drey_007: They say BBM,2GO,WHATSAPP,FB iz d problem#smh,4 U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 come here п̥̥̲̣̣̣̥ð comment iam sure U̶̲̥̅̊ av 1 of doz
dats a big lie
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by experience16: 4:17pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto: For those saying they 'read like hell'. I challenge you to come out and say how many hours a day you read, how many past papers you thrashed. How many times you read Ababio and Okeke front to back. I think the equation is very simple. If you do not read, you cannot pass JAMB.
ola_pluto: For those saying they 'read like hell'. I challenge you to come out and say how many hours a day you read, how many past papers you thrashed. How many times you read Ababio and Okeke front to back. I think the equation is very simple. If you do not read, you cannot pass JAMB.

You are very right Mr Man. Imagine when I was still teaching in one private school in Lagos, I had to constantly be seizing my students cell phones when teaching in Class. They hardly study!!.They so much believe that they are going to be assisted in the examination hall. Some of the students that were serious then pass their Waec and Jamb and also secured admission into Universities of their choices. Those distractors in class then are still begging for admission. I told that u have to study hard for Jamb exam, solve Jamb pass questions. I told them that when I was preparing for my Waec and Jamb exams, if I find it difficult to answer a question, I will not rest or sleep very well,till the question is answered. But students of nowadays don't care. They believe that they can easily buy their ways. Jamb exam is not meant for pupils. It is meant for serious minded men and women who know the value of studying very hard.
Wishing all that scored above 200 success in their post UTME exam. I rest my case. one love!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 06, 2013
What I will advice the students is to try other african countries like gambia burkina faso senegal and co their universities are cheap especially if u wanna study medicine you can always come back and take nigerias medical council exam the government has no plan for its youth why does nigeria not have up to 500 universities what's the population of nigeria maybe when we will have 3 million taking jamb and only 500 thousand get admitted then the government will know the education sector is in crisis.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by izi2brauz(m): 4:35pm On May 06, 2013
Hello Nairalanders/Jamb(ites),

Whereas, many candidates sat for the just-concluded 2013 Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) UTME (Paper & Pencil, Computer/Paper) Examination, but reports screaming offline shows that majority of JAMB centres DID NOT conduct the Biometric Verification of Candidates before allowing them entry into Examination Hall.

Candidates were advised to check their result after it was released, 6 days after the examination took place. To some candidates' dismay, after logging in with their Registration Number/Scratch Card PIN/Card Serial Number, they discovered that 'they couldn't see their result because there was "No Biometric Verification. Some of the candidates have claimed that they were not 'biometrically' enrolled at the examination centres. How did they know that 'that' carelessness by JAMB Enrollment Official(s) could cause them their future? Only JAMB can explain this.

Hitherto, this has caused a stir in the minds of brilliant students who knew they could hit the nail on JAMB's head; what did they get? The following messages appears thereafter:

1. "You cannot SEE your result because "NO BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION".
2. "No Result Yet"

However, the three mobile numbers displayed on JAMB Result's website [www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme] cannot be reached (since the commencement of JAMB registration). Moreso, JAMB finds it difficult to respond to emails sent to UTME2013.info@jamb.gov.ng.

MY VERDICT:
==========
After convincingly believing the above information to be true, and having searched for solutions to the above Computer Responses without being able to reach the appropriate "result website" authorities, I will assume that JAMB are making a fool of us - the candidates. Whereas, this notwithstanding, candidates have demanded (secretly, publicly, angrily and sadly) that JAMB should interpret the meaning of the aforementioned messages, and hitherto, they have not posted any news as to why this "quagmire" has besieged candidates, and those concerned in their affairs.

On this note, i rest my case, until we hear from JAMB.

Signed:

U. I. Edet
The Voice of the Poor Masses
Defender of the Oppressed
Social Critic
A native of Ibibio nation of Asutan Republic extraction, now living in the safe and beautiful city of Atlanta, Georgia.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ponti93(m): 4:36pm On May 06, 2013
Blame it on the internet and social networks.social lifestyle and moral decay.ife bara aba abago. cry
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Brotherman(m): 4:39pm On May 06, 2013
i saw a JAMB candidate carrying a meter rule to the exam center; i was asking myself what will she do with a meter rule; do they use a meter rule in JAMB even if she is ofering science subjects ? what is her intention ? is it for construction or mapping or for cutting expo on papers?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 4:41pm On May 06, 2013
Brotherman: i saw a JAMB candidate carrying a meter rule to the exam center; i was asking myself what will she do with a meter rule; do they use a meter rule in JAMB even if she is ofering science subjects ? what is her intention ? is it for construction or mapping or for cutting expo on papers?
lmao
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by simplifier(f): 4:41pm On May 06, 2013
Brotherman: i saw a JAMB candidate carrying a meter rule to the exam center; i was asking myself what will she do with a meter rule; do they use a meter rule in JAMB even if she is ofering science subjects ? what is her intention ? is it for construction or mapping or for cutting expo on papers?
wat did she say it was for?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 4:44pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: dats sure bt it wuld go a length to help sum brilant candidates dat jamb jeopadize deir result..

May God help us
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by otokx(m): 4:45pm On May 06, 2013
simplifier:

i'm curious to know the answer
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 4:46pm On May 06, 2013
otokx:

i'm curious to know the answer
same here
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by jpphilips(m): 4:51pm On May 06, 2013
simplifier:

to measure her height in case it has changed since the form was submitted
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 06, 2013
Pls what chances do i have to get admission to university of ibadan with 231 in jamb for pol. Science.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by abifoluwa: 4:52pm On May 06, 2013
Never wrote jamb before, but seriously, Students dont study anymore. I have access to the internet 24/7 but i dont even tweet a lot, but people in Nigeria do the worst. Tweeters in Nigeria, tweet everyday, and i always ask myself, dont you guys study? But still, i know jamb got it wrong for some students. I dont think some students ill score 48, that is too bad, i think doing "mini-mini-mini-mo" will get you a score of more than 48. Welp, the only way to beat jamb is to go online and search for mathematics questions, i am not good in maths, but i have been passing. I use all available tools, and MTN has made it good for you guys, Bis and everything. If you need educational website, P.M me, i will find for you. Currently building my website, where people will be able to download past jamb questions, still working on it. Please students, study and get jamb out the way.
There is nothing bad in attending a polytechnic, you can go there and transfer, i am in a two year college,could have gone to a four year uni, but chose two years because of fees, will be transferring after next semester, please people dont ignore your scores, if you scored 170 or above, you can go to a poly, someone said you could buy a uni form change, do that, and dont let schooling pass you by, it is not by force to go to a university immediately. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 4:55pm On May 06, 2013
Oyedoyinmichael: Pls what chances do i have to get admission to university of ibadan with 231 in jamb for pol. Science.
join ui thread u wuld get ansa to dat.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by abifoluwa: 4:56pm On May 06, 2013
Oyedoyinmichael: Pls what chances do i have to get admission to university of ibadan with 231 in jamb for pol. Science.
probably 90% lol. That is a high score, but why are you studying pol science? what job do you want to do with that? I mean no offence, i was studying that too, i asked myself, what do i want to do with it? who will employ me, and i changed it, if you are not going to be a lawyer, please try and change your mind. Pol Sci is one of the low employing Jobs right now, check the stats bro. Goodluck smiley
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by LilDonne(m): 4:58pm On May 06, 2013
The truth z dat jamb z callin 4 war. Student war. I cnt imagine myself scorin 170 in jamb afta all preparations n tutorials, this z SCAM. Lst yr, ah never attended any lessons or tut. Yet ah got 189. i was xo prepared 4 diz one and i got 170. ¿crying^ mass failure z 4rm jamb nt d student cuz they are 4132 nt 419. THEY MUST REDUCE THE CUT OFF MARK TO 160 OR ELSE...... if they ar sure of demselves, let them let me lay my hands on UNIBEN post utme questions n find out if my name wud nt appear in merit list
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 06, 2013
The answer is staring at you in the face: Laziness/poor teachers. Most Nigerian Kids don't even prepare well for this exam at all. They just enroll in some shabby pre-jamb lesson, do very little practice and expect some 'mana' to rain on them during the exam.
Most depend solely on malpractice sef. How you go pass? When u fit even know the answer to most of the questions pass some of the people wey dey solve and send to you sef

I didn't have good teachers too but I solved all the Jamb past questions from 1978-2008 for the four subjects I took. I was more than well prepared when I took mine and yeah it paid off big time.

These students should just stop being lazy.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Necsy: 5:04pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1: Aaaaaah! Oh my God!! There're bunch of unfortunate beings here. How dare you say we cheated? How dare you say we were not prepared? Aaaaaah! When will Nigeria be good? Why can't ppl hold to the truth? The results were manipulated-marks were just awarded at random. Which kind of marking guide was used that will make me score 45in Maths and 174 as aggregate? This is the simplest Utme so far! We were robbed by JAMB in the broad day light? Who are the unfortunate ppl that are saying we didn't read and studied enough? Aish! I can't decry my as I want on here. I am ready to prove it anywhere, anyhow that I worth more than this. I'm ready to combat Dibu on this! Can someone help me to get to him? 1.7million ppl cannot cheat!! 1.7million students can't go into exam hall UNPREPARED!! This is pure robbery. We were denied of our rights. Nigeria can never be better, Dibu and his unborn generations shall live in eternal sadness. Even if he's rich now, his wealth shall perish in his lifetime. This curse won't work if only we were given what we deserved. This curse won't work if there's no God! Many students have lost their lives, many future leaders and pride of their mothers have gone to the heaven above prematurely. Isn't it this same JAMB I've been writing since 4 years ago? If my claims against Dibu is false, may I never succeed in life!!! The God that saved Daniel from the den of Lions will surely lead us in this battle!!!
my broda, stop wastin ur tim wit doz hypocrates. Until it hapus 2 deir chldrn
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Umartins1(m): 5:06pm On May 06, 2013
Before you can comment on this thread, you have to be one of the below

(1. A Jambite

2. have a bro or sis that did Jamb

3. Have a child that wrote Jamb's Utme

4. Works in Jamb office.

If you're an exemption to the afore-listed conditions, bet it with me, your comment wont make sense. It will be invalid. You can't know the real grieveance of the candidates. You can't know what we're fighting for.

Let JAMB import marking guide from Hell produced by the Lucifer himself, there's no way I'm gonna get 45 in Maths and 174 as aggregate! I say this with plain honesty. I'm a pre degree student of FUTA and not the dull type. What made me opted for PDs is to boost my chance of gaining admission cos I've attempted JAMB thrice but admission has never come. Now listen, when I did my first JAMB, I was unserious, unconcerned about what I wanted to do. Still I scored 239! My second attempt, 248 and third 250. I was just denied admission because I don't know ANYONE as Nigerians say. Now, here we are, this year, I scored 174. How the hell did that come about? Am I declining or waxing? My question paper which contained my workings and answers had been marked by my lecturers and their conclusion was that I shouldn't score less than 290!

Enough of the a$$-kicking stories.

This year's Utme is still what I can call the simplest ever. Yet, the scores didn't justify our inputs. And this paved way for some simpleton to accuse us of inadequate preparation. Kai! How I wish I've a gun to shoot these people! This is something that can never happen overseas. Awarding of scores randomly is a big blow to our Nation's educational sector. Instead of addressing this issue, some mother£uckers say we failed because of too much access to internet.

Now, this is the question I wanna ask. Isn't this the same Exam I've been doing since 2010? Or, has the marking scheme changed?

4 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 06, 2013
abifoluwa: probably 90% lol. That is a high score, but why are you studying pol science? what job do you want to do with that? I mean no offence, i was studying that too, i asked myself, what do i want to do with it? who will employ me, and i changed it, if you are not going to be a lawyer, please try and change your mind. Pol Sci is one of the low employing Jobs right now, check the stats bro. Goodluck smiley
thanks bro.I had d7 in maths but i wanted to go for economics and i was advised to change later and go for pol. Science for now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

SHELL Petroleum (SPDC) Scholarship / Seeing This As The Parent, What Would You Do? / Nigerian Teacher Who Teaches By Doing Push Up To Demonstrate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.