Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,392 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42313 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 5:07pm On May 06, 2013
ekwah: The answer is staring at you in the face: Laziness/poor teachers. Most Nigerian Kids don't even prepare well for this exam at all. They just enroll in some shabby pre-jamb lesson, do very little practice and expect some 'mana' to rain on them during the exam.
Most depend solely on malpractice sef. How you go pass? When u fit even know the answer to most of the questions pass some of the people wey dey solve and send to you sef

I didn't have good teachers too but I solved all the Jamb past questions from 1978-2008 for the four subjects I took. I was more than well prepared when I took mine and yeah it paid off big time.

These students should just stop being lazy.

nawa 4 pple wey dey post 4 here oo wat u just write s arrant gibberish, so all dose dat JAMB FAIL RE LAZY.. Go slip. Mtchew
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 5:10pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1: Before you can comment on this thread, you have to be one of the below

(1. A Jambite

2. have a bro or sis that did Jamb

3. Have a child that wrote Jamb's Utme

4. Works in Jamb office.

If you're an exemption to the afore-listed conditions, bet it with me, your comment wont make sense. It will be invalid. You can't know the real grieveance of the candidates. You can't know what we're fighting for.

Let JAMB import marking guide from Hell produced by the Lucifer himself, there's no way I'm gonna get 45 in Maths and 174 as aggregate! I say this with plain honesty. I'm a pre degree student of FUTA and not the dull type. What made me opted for PDs is to boost my chance of gaining admission cos I've attempted JAMB thrice but admission has never come true. Now listen, when I did my first JAMB, I was unserious, unconcerned about what I wanted to do. Still I scored 239! My second attempt, 248 and third 250. I was just denied admission because I don't know ANYONE as Nigerians say. Now, here we are, this year, I scored 174. How the hell did that came about? Am I declining or waxing? My question paper which contained my workings and answers had been marked by my lecturers and their conclusion was that I shouldn't score less than 290!

Enough of the ass-kicking stories.

This year's Utme is still what I can call the simplest ever. Yet, the scores didn't justify our inputs. And this paved way for some simpleton to accuse of inadequate preparation. Kai! How I wish I've a gun to shoot these people! This is something that can never happen overseas. Awarding of scores randomly is a big blow to our Nation's educational sector. Instead of addressing this issue, some mother£uckers say we failed because of too much access to internet.

Now, this is the question I wanna ask. Isn't this the same Exam I've been doing since 2010? Or, has the marking scheme changed?
exactly d point
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by abifoluwa: 5:10pm On May 06, 2013
Oyedoyinmichael: thanks bro.I had d7 in maths but i wanted to go for economics and i was advised to change later and go for pol. Science for now
Cool bro. Dont they take low level maths in University in Nigeria? Like its not college algebra and stuff like that, but the lower one, it wont counts toward your gpa, but once you pass it, you can go ahead and take the Higher Math, anyways, i dont know how its done in Nigeria, Goodluck Bro. Dont change it too late, change it as early as possible
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2013
biz2get:

#Gbam__/

Mayb. Next year ppl will leave malpractice and start shading random since is been used to mark papers #justsaying

Hahahahah..abi
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by abifoluwa: 5:19pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1: Before you can comment on this thread, you have to be one of the below

(1. A Jambite

2. have a bro or sis that did Jamb

3. Have a child that wrote Jamb's Utme

4. Works in Jamb office.

If you're an exemption to the afore-listed conditions, bet it with me, your comment wont make sense. It will be invalid. You can't know the real grieveance of the candidates. You can't know what we're fighting for.

Let JAMB import marking guide from Hell produced by the Lucifer himself, there's no way I'm gonna get 45 in Maths and 174 as aggregate! I say this with plain honesty. I'm a pre degree student of FUTA and not the dull type. What made me opted for PDs is to boost my chance of gaining admission cos I've attempted JAMB thrice but admission has never come true. Now listen, when I did my first JAMB, I was unserious, unconcerned about what I wanted to do. Still I scored 239! My second attempt, 248 and third 250. I was just denied admission because I don't know ANYONE as Nigerians say. Now, here we are, this year, I scored 174. How the hell did that came about? Am I declining or waxing? My question paper which contained my workings and answers had been marked by my lecturers and their conclusion was that I shouldn't score less than 290!

Enough of the ass-kicking stories.

This year's Utme is still what I can call the simplest ever. Yet, the scores didn't justify our inputs. And this paved way for some simpleton to accuse of inadequate preparation. Kai! How I wish I've a gun to shoot these people! This is something that can never happen overseas. Awarding of scores randomly is a big blow to our Nation's educational sector. Instead of addressing this issue, some mother£uckers say we failed because of too much access to internet.

Now, this is the question I wanna ask. Isn't this the same Exam I've been doing since 2010? Or, has the marking scheme changed?
Why dont you fight it in court? Nairalanding it wouldnt change a thing, and why write jamb again with all those scores? seriously, you could have gone to other university, i believe you were probably looking at top uni, cause there is no way in heaven you would be declined admission,not at futa. The "i have to know people" is getting old. Those are good scores, you shouldt be declined admission. with your first three scores. No way, what uni were you trying to go to? you should really look at other choices, writing jamb five times isnt a good thing. Go to a poly, its not a forbidden fruit.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by lotman4real(m): 5:19pm On May 06, 2013
MY friends come to ghana (KNUST),and smile 1s again, contact me if u need admission 2 ghana ,0245274275,lotman4real@yahoo.com ;we are for REAL !!!. wink
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Emmaxx: 5:25pm On May 06, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] BBM WHATSAPP 2GO FACEBOOK TWITTER ESKIMI BADOO MXIT NAIRALAND SEASON FILMS SUPER STORY DSTV SMARTFONES WIZKID OLAMIDE NITE CLUBS FLAVOUR GEJ AMNESTY BOKO HARAM RELIGION POLITICS JAMB CORRUPTION NIGERIANS!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fussbot: 5:32pm On May 06, 2013
Lwkm..- jst dey laff since saturday..abi if mata don pass crying watin remain??I dn't even know wat next 2 do wit ma life..finished 2011 bt do u know dat by next year my mates wld already be final year students??....so dis intimidation still gonna continue 4 a whole year??ve bin indoors since ystdae cus I dn't how 2 tel my peepz,nabors dat I failed jamb...cus al eyes was already on me,it was hightime I left house and here I am stil failed jamb??and u here stil preaching 2 me dat old sh*t dat"delaying is not denial"wen I can't even say hi 2 my 4wends on fcbuk since I finished jst 2 avoid d question"and where are u naw?"

And 2 u all saying we failed cus we didn't read or cus we used expo...honestly I dnt know wat 2 say 2 u guys..jst dan ur own sef go meet u!#wat next naw#

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 5:34pm On May 06, 2013
Fussbot: Lwkm..- jst dey laff since saturday..abi if mata don pass crying watin remain??I dn't even know wat next 2 do wit ma life..finished 2011 bt do u know dat by next year my mates wld already be final year students??....so dis intimidation still gonna continue 4 a whole year??ve bin indoors since ystdae cus I dn't how 2 tel my peepz,nabors dat I failed jamb...cus al eyes was already on me,it was hightime I left house and here I am stil failed jamb??and u here stil preaching 2 me dat old sh*t dat"delaying is not denial"wen I can't even say hi 2 my 4wends on fcbuk since I finished jst 2 avoid d question"and where are u naw?"

And 2 u all saying we failed cus we didn't read or cus we used expo...honestly I dnt know wat 2 say 2 u guys..jst dan ur own sef go meet u!#wat next naw#
wetn u get?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Hugo7(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2013
Na opportunity for me to thank God,narrowly escaped 207 this what i call favour of God.thank you jesus.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Jonnysteve: 5:36pm On May 06, 2013
Students don't read any more d bliv dey can runs dere way out,educatn is serious on d decline in dis country,all manners oif school are bin establish wit intent of high level of corruptn n cheating all in d name of money,i no of a private school in zaria were dey proprietor encourage high level exam malpractise,all u do is register wit d school 4 WAEC or NECO wit d sum of N30,000 4 regular student n as much as N50,000 4external students,in collaboratn wit dis exam body officials
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 5:38pm On May 06, 2013
Jonnysteve: Students don't read any more d bliv dey can runs dere way out,educatn is serious on d decline in dis country,all manners oif school are bin establish wit intent of high level of corruptn n cheating all in d name of money,i no of a private school in zaria were dey proprietor encourage high level exam malpractise,all u do is register wit d school 4 WAEC or NECO wit d sum of N30,000 4 regular student n as much as N50,000 4external students,in collaboratn wit dis exam body officials
dis tns u guys re saying dey vex me wats student dnt read again... Go slip jhor

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Jonnysteve: 5:41pm On May 06, 2013
Dose day u see studet attendin extra class 4 jamb bt nw no 1 cares dey are busy pursuin d latest fone in town spendin hrs chatin or pingin,relyin on chokes or dubbs,i guess dis time around jamb out smarted most student who cheated,dat all
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Jamesbrian: 5:50pm On May 06, 2013
Osama10: This is just a part of the total system failure we are experiencing in naija today coupled with social networking.

Most students don't study anymore & it would get worse in years to come.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Les: 5:51pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1: .

This year's Utme is still what I can call the simplest ever
that is where most of my grieveances lie, Let yaradua wake up from dead, I cannever in this WORLD get dat biology 49, that's d 10th wonder of d world, it was so simple dat as a full grown guy, I feel like crying wenever I see my score esp dat biology and english, it's disheartening!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Umartins1(m): 5:56pm On May 06, 2013
My heart keeps being offended as I read more and more of 'they were not serious. Most of them were after expo and always pinging'.

May my God punish everyone saying this. How long will you ppl get this into your brain that

WE DID NOT FAIL BUT THEY FAILED US?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 6:03pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1: My heart keeps being offended as I read more and more of 'they were not serious. Most of them were after expo and always pinging'.

May my God punish everyone saying this. How long will you ppl get this into your brain that

EXACTLY
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 6:04pm On May 06, 2013
Abeg help me tell them.
Umartins1: My heart keeps being offended as I read more and more of 'they were not serious. Most of them were after expo and always pinging'.

EXACTLY
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by silvy2i(m): 6:05pm On May 06, 2013
Emylexray:
a few of the candidates claimed they independently did the exam themselves, but the results still didn't meet their desired score.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Madawaki01(m): 6:09pm On May 06, 2013
jmichael: Hmmm...since d advent of social ntwrks, I must say dat moral decadence and academic unseriousness have heightened. .......I laf...... wen ......I see....... a secondary school girl probably in jss3 using a blackberry! My cousin in ss2 changes ha dp almost every minute. Look, u cant eat ur cake and have it. Dese kids shld knw dat regardles of hw bad d economy has turned, nobdy wil b blamed for wateva misfortune dat bfalls dem. I am nt surprised, to say d least, of d generally poor performance dis year. Sumtime 2months ago, I was less busy so took up a .........lesson teacher job in a jamb lesson.......... I must say dat for d little time I spent on d job, I was rly baffled by d open show of unseriousness by d students. D ladies wit all sorts of colours on dia faces and lips, some .......wia skimpy....... and provoking outfits
To b continued...
and u'r a graduate?wat has Nigeria come to?u'r even indirectly responsible for d failure of ur students at dat lesson..just re read wat u wrote..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Madawaki01(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2013
jmichael: Hmmm...since d advent of social ntwrks, I must say dat moral decadence and academic unseriousness have heightened. .......I laf...... wen ......I see....... a secondary school girl probably in jss3 using a blackberry! My cousin in ss2 changes ha dp almost every minute. Look, u cant eat ur cake and have it. Dese kids shld knw dat regardles of hw bad d economy has turned, nobdy wil b blamed for wateva misfortune dat bfalls dem. I am nt surprised, to say d least, of d generally poor performance dis year. Sumtime 2months ago, I was less busy so took up a .........lesson teacher job in a jamb lesson.......... I must say dat for d little time I spent on d job, I was rly baffled by d open show of unseriousness by d students. D ladies wit all sorts of colours on dia faces and lips, some .......wia skimpy....... and provoking outfits
To b continued...
and u'r a graduate?wat has Nigeria come to?u'r even indirectly responsible for d failure of ur students at dat lesson..just re read wat u wrote..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Madawaki01(m): 6:14pm On May 06, 2013
If jamb cn call me nd say dat they wil show me my script and how they marked it nd if there's no mistake,they wud hang me..i wud gladly accept,..am so sure they deliberately fail me,how cn i score 42 in econs nd 50 in govt..i had A in both subjects in both my waec gce nd wassce,likewise in english..SOMEBODY NEED TO DO SOMTIN
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by olapluto(m): 6:16pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: nawa 4 pple wey dey post 4 here oo wat u just write s arrant gibberish, so all dose dat JAMB FAIL RE LAZY.. Go slip. Mtchew
Someone like you will blame JAMB for giving you 22 in English. Social media is hiding your poor grasp of English
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Haben1: 6:16pm On May 06, 2013
You all should be after cut off mark, dat man dibu is very heinous, just pray he reduce this year cutoff for uni
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Umartins1(m): 6:22pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto:
Someone like you will blame JAMB for giving you 22 in English. Social media is hiding your poor grasp of English
I went through what he wrote and couldn't find any error. Pidgin English has no rule guiding it. You can do us a little help by faulting him out.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Les: 6:24pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1:

dat's my line gringrin WELL, unfortunately it's true, dont mind those saying student's dont read, wat goes around always come around lipsrsealed i just pray they reduce their cut.off mark to 170 make I kukuma enter ANSU. But wait o, those dat cheated even failed, does dat mean d answers were wrong It cannot be majority of ppl so i still believe it's from jamb, d silence is very humiliating, let dem com tell us how they marked this jamb o or they think of lies to formulate. If anybody knows mr dibu or wat, tell him not to come across me cos i'll turn to assassin overnight.... Shalom..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:27pm On May 06, 2013
Save yourself this kind of hassel next year and vote for the scrapping of UTME via the National Orientation Agency's poll! Visit this thread to see why you should vote "YES"
https://www.nairaland.com/1280236/noas-poll-scrapping-utme-neco
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by olapluto(m): 6:27pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1:
I went through what he wrote and couldn't find any error. Pidgin English has no rule guiding it. You can do us a little help by faulting him out.
Thank goodness you're not a marker at JAMB.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Umartins1(m): 6:38pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto:
Thank goodness you're not a marker at JAMB.
you're still yet to do what you're required of. Pidgin English has no rule guiding it!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by olapluto(m): 6:59pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1:
you're still yet to do what you're required of. Pidgin English has no rule guiding it!
You've stayed on this topic all day trying to justify your failure. If you were sensible, you would have started looking for past papers, remove yourself from nairaland and start solving those past papers.
It is rather shameful that most of you who failed jamb have stayed on this topic all day trying to console your failure. It was a bad read when your results were being dropped. It's even more pathetic your responses to failure.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto: Obviously the teaching standard is dropping, the students arent putting enough efforts in. Lets be honest with ourselves, the number of intelligent students in Nigeria is dropping. This is evident even here on Nairaland. Strange that less than 20 people in the whole of Nigeria got over 300. That's a shame. I think I got 257 and wanted medicine in Ife. My parents said I had to sit at home to prepare well till I got better marks enough to merit a place. I guess most students are being offered options which cut corners on excellence. This should not be the case.
All of you who have failed this year should be made to practice for another year, reapply for JAMB, and take the exam again. If you fail, keep trying.

Some People Think Before they Talk,Some think after they Talk,after going through your Posts on this Thread;I have to Conclude that you dont think at all,whether before or after you talk.

You say the number of Intelligent Students In Nigeria is Dropping;you think YOU're intelligent?if you were,you would find a less insensitive way to pass you message accross,stupid as it may be. You come here to Brag about Scoring 257 in UTME,tell us the Year,was it not a Time when JAMB was still Fair and Accurate?On the release of your Results that Year,were there Complaints on the Scale we have them This Year? Think.

You Scored 257,in MY O level result(WAEC),I had 6 distinctions,four of those being As,Four of those being the same Subjects I wrote in the UTME;what is the Probability that someone like me would score 207 I KNOW what I Wrote,or shaded as it were and I know what I ought to have Scored.Before you start Saying maybe I cheated,no I didnt;I did not look at the questions,copy answers or change my Paper Type. I simply did not feel I needed it;the Number of Competitions in which I've represented my State might have been part of that confidence,who knows?

If I sound like I'm Bragging,then so it is,One's UTME score ought to be a Measure of how Brilliant one is,but in this day where we get given Random Scores..we have to Brag a little so that People like you will understand that you are not as Intelligent as you might think.

Please do us all on this Thread a Favor and THINK before you Post again. Peace.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Umartins1(m): 7:08pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto:
You've stayed on this topic all day trying to justify your failure. If you were sensible, you would have started looking for past papers, remove yourself from nairaland and start solving those past papers.
It is rather shameful that most of you who failed jamb have stayed on this topic all day trying to console your failure. It was a bad read when your results were being dropped. It's even more pathetic your responses to failure.
if you must post don't drink. If you must drink don't post? Don't drink and post please. Can't you just think? Was there a thread as this last year?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

SHELL Petroleum (SPDC) Scholarship / Seeing This As The Parent, What Would You Do? / Nigerian Teacher Who Teaches By Doing Push Up To Demonstrate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.