Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42470 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Luizd(m): 7:10pm On May 06, 2013
I studied very hard, wrote the exam by myself, came back home checked everything I wrote and was convinced that I should have scored 260 and above only for them to give me 201. Is it fair
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fussbot: 7:32pm On May 06, 2013
koonbey:

Some People Think Before they Talk,Some think after they Talk,after going through your Posts on this Thread;I have to Conclude that you dont think at all,whether before or after you talk.

You say the number of Intelligent Students In Nigeria is Dropping;you think YOU're intelligent?if you were,you would find a less insensitive way to pass you message accross,stupid as it may be. You come here to Brag about Scoring 257 in UTME,tell us the Year,was it not a Time when JAMB was still Fair and Accurate?On the release of your Results that Year,were there Complaints on the Scale we have them This Year? Think.

You Scored 257,in MY O level result(WAEC),I had 6 distinctions,four of those being As,Four of those being the same Subjects I wrote in the UTME;what is the Probability that someone like me would score 207 I KNOW what I Wrote,or shaded as it were and I know what I ought to have Scored.Before you start Saying maybe I cheated,no I didnt;I did not look at the questions,copy answers or change my Paper Type. I simply did not feel I needed it;the Number of Competitions in which I've represented my State might have been part of that confidence,who knows?

If I sound like I'm Bragging,then so it is,One's UTME score ought to be a Measure of how Brilliant one is,but in this day where we get given Random Scores..we have to Brag a little so that People like you will understand that you are not as Intelligent as you might think.

Please do us all on this Thread a Favor and THINK before you Post again. Peace.
leave dem naw..wat excuse wld we make dat won't sound so lame.....#on2 d nxt1#

Bt next year far oo...lwkm(dis aint funi rili I am suffering jst smiling)..dough u can stil write post ume's wit 207 bro..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Madawaki01(m): 7:53pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto:
Someone like you will blame JAMB for giving you 22 in English. Social media is <<<hiding>>> your poor grasp of English
and u'r correctin som1..and u might be a graduate...wat is Nigeria comin to?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Johncuba(m): 7:56pm On May 06, 2013
pls wats d verdict of doze wit biometric verification issue? anyhope of obtaining dia results?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Ortarico(m): 7:57pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto:
You've stayed on this topic all day trying to justify your failure. If you were sensible, you would have started looking for past papers, remove yourself from nairaland and start solving those past papers.
It is rather shameful that most of you who failed jamb have stayed on this topic all day trying to console your failure. It was a bad read when your results were being dropped. It's even more pathetic your responses to failure.

You're a person!
Gerraway with your stoic ethics. So you don't want us to protest against the scam jamb did this year and smile that the board indeed has done the right evaluation?
No wonder people like you are in support of injustice and unfair treatment.
COLD BLOODED SCHADENFREUDIST!!!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by kingadeoba(m): 7:57pm On May 06, 2013
I've helped checked over 25 results ever since the release of the results only 2 of these 25 candidates got above 200.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Zikdik(m): 8:08pm On May 06, 2013
Jonnysteve: Students don't read any more d bliv dey can runs dere way out,educatn is serious on d decline in dis country,all manners oif school are bin establish wit intent of high level of corruptn n cheating all in d name of money,i no of a private school in zaria were dey proprietor encourage high level exam malpractise,all u do is register wit d school 4 WAEC or NECO wit d sum of N30,000 4 regular student n as much as N50,000 4external students,in collaboratn wit dis exam body officials
One sentence...You are an idiiot.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by haitto99(m): 8:22pm On May 06, 2013
wld lautech accept 189?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Profeme: 8:32pm On May 06, 2013
I have seen so many scores of candidates who took the last utme .while some got 200 and above,majority score below 200. Most of the them were not satisfied and laid the complaints against JAMB.Though Jamb might be blamed in one way or the other but I think the general performance shows that many of our students are no longer ready to study to pass their exams and are into some many inrelevant things and wait for expo to 'help' them pass.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 8:57pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto:
Someone like you will blame JAMB for giving you 22 in English. Social media is hiding your poor grasp of English
i laff ur conditn, ur type is nt d last of ur species naaa #shake mai head 4 u# if dem check u wella na dull head u gat deir... Mtchew..

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 8:58pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1:
I went through what he wrote and couldn't find any error. Pidgin English has no rule guiding it. You can do us a little help by faulting him out.
abeg help me tell d guy poor him. Im mumu go last
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Adrenaline123(m): 9:03pm On May 06, 2013
New word: JAMBOPHOBIA: Fear of Jamb.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 9:05pm On May 06, 2013
C pesn wey wan correct pidgin english dat cnt even make up a gud gramar ur mumu no get endng, am beggng u wit dis ur brittle dull head dnt quote mai post eva in ur lyf... Ur ten cnt compete wit me wen it cums to eng.....
ola_pluto:
You've stayed on this topic all day trying to justify your failure. If you were sensible, you would have started looking for past papers, remove yourself from nairaland and start solving those past papers.
It is rather shameful that most of you who failed jamb have stayed on this topic all day trying to console your failure. It was a bad read when your results were being dropped. It's even more pathetic your responses to failure.
dull brain if u tink u re wise @ pointng out error in pidgin english, dat shows u nid a gud teacher 4 ya self.. "so ur english teacher tot U to call past questn.. "past paper" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by peddy231(m): 9:07pm On May 06, 2013
JAMB withheld my result three times consecutively but i still trudged on till the final one i wrote was released so my advice is that anyone that has been disappointed by JAMB this year should cheer up and have the mindset that every disappointment is a blessing and see this situation as a stepping stone for great success eventually.......
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 9:08pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1:
if you must post don't drink. If you must drink don't post? Don't drink and post please. Can't you just think? Was there a thread as this last year?
d guy na mumu @ its peak common sense is nt common
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by mic488: 9:10pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto: For those saying they 'read like hell'. I challenge you to come out and say how many hours a day you read, how many past papers you thrashed. How many times you read Ababio and Okeke front to back. I think the equation is very simple. If you do not read, you cannot pass JAMB.
sorry to say u a mad 4 wat u said, did we need to tell u d numbers of time we read a textbook before u know we read well? In my life I hate malpractice, so it is impossible 4 me to be involved. This is the simplest nd easiest jamb exam i av ever wrote in my life. My last jamb was 262 with no serious reading. 4 a fool like u asking d numbers of time we read, i cant even count d time i finish ababio, it comes 2 a time i tøok oda chemistry bøok.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 9:13pm On May 06, 2013
peddy231: JAMB withheld my result three times consecutively but i still trudged on till the final one i wrote was released so my advice is that anyone that has been disappointed by JAMB this year should cheer up and have the mindset that every disappointment is a blessing and see this situation as a stepping stone for great success eventually.......
BEST COMMENT SO FAR ODAS.. Mtchew..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 9:14pm On May 06, 2013
Guy u fall mai hand, coz d guy post no get any point, dat guy is just lookng 4 a cheap attentn..
mic488: sorry to say u a mad 4 wat u said, did we need to tell u d numbers of time we read a textbook before u know we read well? In my life I hate malpractice, so it is impossible 4 me to be involved. This is the simplest nd easiest jamb exam i av ever wrote in my life. My last jamb was 262 with no serious reading. 4 a fool like u asking d numbers of time we read, i cant even count d time i finish ababio, it comes 2 a time i tøok oda chemistry bøok.
u 4 no reply d guy... He tot evrione go resemble im....
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1:
if you must post don't drink. If you must drink don't post? Don't drink and post please. Can't you just think? Was there a thread as this last year?

Drink post,post drink...hahahah,I can't laf o
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 9:16pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1:

Drink post,post drink,d guy I don offend u 4 another place b4?...hahahah,I can't laf o
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by mic488: 9:24pm On May 06, 2013
ola_pluto: For those saying they 'read like hell'. I challenge you to come out and say how many hours a day you read, how many past papers you thrashed. How many times you read Ababio and Okeke front to back. I think the equation is very simple. If you do not read, you cannot pass JAMB.
fool not ur fault
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 9:30pm On May 06, 2013
Students in Kano protest mass UTME failure

Kano – Hundreds of students, who sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination on Mondayin Kano staged a peaceful demonstration against mass failure and withholding of their results.
The students stormed thepremises of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria in Kano on motorcycles around noon and carried placards and green leaves to show their anger.
Spokesman for the candidates, Haruna Maidabam, described thewithholding of their results as a deliberate attempt to deny them theopportunity to further their studies.
According to him, more than 10, 000 students whosat for the examination in Kano metropolis have yet to access their results.
Maidabam said when the results were released last week, they went to the zonal office of Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board in Kano (JAMB) to complain but were directed to go and repeat the thumb printing for verification.
‘’There is no reason for any verification of thumb- print,’’ he said.
He called on the authorities concerned to do something urgently to address their predicament.
When contacted, the JAMB Zonal Coordinator, Hajiya Karimatu Abubakar, described the incident as unfortunate and attributed it to “some technical hitches”.
Abubakar said as soon asthe hitches were rectified, the issue would be resolved. (NAN)

vanguard news
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by olapluto(m): 9:48pm On May 06, 2013
Well, this thread has shown why there is such massive failure. Students who pay very little attention to details or corrections are unfit for any tertiary institution. Students who cannot put forward a valid argument without name-calling do not belong in Nigerian university.
Congratulations to the hardworking few who made it. You are the official 'jambites'. The intelligent ones who fail the first time know exactly what to do.
The lazy ones who gloat in self-denial can continue calling me names. I have passed through university with a distinction, you haven't. Unfortunately there's no amnesty in universities. Failures just cannot get in.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 9:54pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: Students in Kano protest mass UTME failure

Kano – Hundreds of students, who sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination on Mondayin Kano staged a peaceful demonstration against mass failure and withholding of their results.
The students stormed thepremises of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria in Kano on motorcycles around noon and carried placards and green leaves to show their anger.
Spokesman for the candidates, Haruna Maidabam, described thewithholding of their results as a deliberate attempt to deny them theopportunity to further their studies.
According to him, more than 10, 000 students whosat for the examination in Kano metropolis have yet to access their results.
Maidabam said when the results were released last week, they went to the zonal office of Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board in Kano (JAMB) to complain but were directed to go and repeat the thumb printing for verification.
‘’There is no reason for any verification of thumb- print,’’ he said.
He called on the authorities concerned to do something urgently to address their predicament.
When contacted, the JAMB Zonal Coordinator, Hajiya Karimatu Abubakar, described the incident as unfortunate and attributed it to “some technical hitches”.
Abubakar said as soon asthe hitches were rectified, the issue would be resolved. (NAN)

vanguard news

PLS WE NID MORE OF DIS how do we go abt LAGOS PROTEST. Ideas pl

[size=100pt]PLS WE NID MORE OF DIS LAGOS PROTEST SHULD BE D NXT[/size]
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by osuntolaf: 9:57pm On May 06, 2013
adefemi007:
I got 205 but is it enough to study comp science in futa?
prep 4 putme, Futa culd b gangsta
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Ortarico(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2013
Choi, u guyz dat scored the likes of 100, 101, 123. . . .make una still thank God oo sey JAMB no yeye una competency wit 05 as agg.
Imagine, a guy fainted in a cyber cafè when he saw his result to be:
Use of Eng= 0
Chemistry= 0
Physics= 05
Maths= 0
Aggregate= 05

I pity the poor guy cause what can he do with that. Oh, no wonder the board gave an interval of 1-159 in its statistics!!
My God and my Lord, what's the fate of this dude? What univ'll accept his given score? Does the univ of B-K-H-R-M exists that would grant him admissn to the dept of EXPLOSIVES and FIRE-CRACKERS
So much Pity the guy.
I think Jamb was lazy this year and bought random scorer machines and sold the existing ones to FIFA
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Excellentspirit(f): 10:41pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: C pesn wey wan correct pidgin english dat cnt even make up a gud gramar ur mumu no get endng, am beggng u wit dis ur brittle dull head dnt quote mai post eva in ur lyf... Ur ten cnt compete wit me wen it cums to eng..... dull brain if u tink u re wise @ pointng out error in pidgin english, dat shows u nid a gud teacher 4 ya self.. "so ur english teacher tot U to call past questn.. "past paper" grin grin
hehehehehe. U re nt jst serious. U kept on writing in pidgin English. If u really knw wot u re saying prove him/her wrong n write in english.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 10:46pm On May 06, 2013
I doubt if he wuld undastnd if i do..... I like usng pidgin english to enable precise comprehensive 4 all and mostly 4 kinds lyk u
Excellentspirit: hehehehehe. U re nt jst serious. U kept on writing in pidgin English. If u really knw wot u re saying prove him/her wrong n write in english.
dnt ve tym 4 dat.....
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Mosope081: 10:49pm On May 06, 2013
[quote author=Ortarico]

u wouldnt know aw painful it is until it happens to u or ur family,Dnt worry!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 10:51pm On May 06, 2013
Excellentspirit: hehehehehe. U re nt jst serious. U kept on writing in pidgin English. If u really knw wot u re saying prove him/her wrong n write in english.
chaii nawa oo must u quote wat i write wen u knw u gat ntn reasonable to add oda than sass... Wake up boi...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Necsy: 10:53pm On May 06, 2013
Jonnysteve: Students don't read any more d bliv dey can runs dere way out,educatn is serious on d decline in dis country,all manners oif school are bin establish wit intent of high level of corruptn n cheating all in d name of money,i no of a private school in zaria were dey proprietor encourage high level exam malpractise,all u do is register wit d school 4 WAEC or NECO wit d sum of N30,000 4 regular student n as much as N50,000 4external students,in collaboratn wit dis exam body officials
u wil surely mit ur own bad luck, unless, i ws gvn 179 because i didnt study hard 4 d exam. I pity u
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Tuljaking(m): 11:20pm On May 06, 2013
mmmg without God nothing is impossible 60%used expo .......imagine.26work don enter

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) / Redeployment Letter From Corper With "Spiritual Attack" - 'Aljanu'(photo) / Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.