Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People (35638 Views)

"Lightskin" Guys Who Try To Hard To Exude "Blackness" & Dark Skin Uncle Toms / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / Lightskin Igbos Aren't A New Concept For Igbo People (our Ancestors Had Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 3:54pm On May 18, 2013
*written&verbal wars*........just in case someone tries to come along and enter the discussion late & play dumb and claim I meant a literal war.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 4:00pm On May 18, 2013
Read C.Fours posts history....

Read the Male Ibo tribalist posts history in the politics section.......

How is there no colorism in Africa?.......

Local Search "Ghana Black Ugly Dark" "Ghanaians Black"

Local Search "Yoruba Dark"

C.Fours ripped through lightskin ibo women on the why ibo women are hairy thread and countless others......

How is there no colorism?

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 4:02pm On May 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hLr0iM_jOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

lol "For colored Girls" dont even get me started on that grin
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 4:02pm On May 18, 2013
Colorism is Everywhere to be Honest....just worse in some places
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 4:04pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Yoruba Vs Igbo Tribal Wars do kind of often devolve into subtle forms of Lightskin vs Darskin along with a myriad others as well

I watch them unfold every time I see a tribal thread on nairaland.

Ibos calling yoruba dark black and ugly...

Yoruba women clowning ibo yellow skin ......

Go read C.fours anti ibo female post and tell me colorism does not exist in Africa......

Chima has a point.

It is there....anyone who reads nairaland can see it clearly

There are other "themes" within the tribalism...but just because there are multiple themes present..does not mean one of the present themes does not exists

Exactly. Like sexkillz for example..they have always dissed him about his yellow skin calling him an albino but colorism don't exist in Africa?

What about tuts and huls in Rwanda? I guess they were killing each other over some flipflops?

I read a book by a tut in Rwanda who is yellow like you...she watched her family murdered by huls saying they have white blood....supposedly her father is Beligian and her mum is Rwandan. She stated her father worked for a white family and was privy to a good life which made the family a target...she also said apart from skin color yoi couldn't tell a tut from a huls.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 4:12pm On May 18, 2013
If Mike Ealy would have replied to this guy....with a darkskin joke

The Print would have been everywhere....

Black Folks would have run a muck.....

Tearing him down.

Yet...nobody says nothing about this guy.....

And he does this shitt every day on social media boards and in interviews

Amazing Double Standard.....

Outright Amazing.

Let....The Rock ....Dwayne Johnson..say something negative about a darkskin woman....that print would be everywhere.

Let Mary J Blige say something negative about Lightskin men.....

You would not hear a damn thing....

The Rock would lose movie deals...endorsements. ..everything.

This Wack asss double standard has darkskin blacks all over the net.."Color Baiting" Lightskin celebrities into a "coooning war"........

And it is a win/win situation for the darkskin individual...

Either they walk away hearing no response from the lightskin victim....or they can lie and play the "sympathy victim card" when someone is bold enough to respond.

Noboddy wants a partnership nor a brotherhood of Inequality

Nor Snakes.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 18, 2013
Lol @ Tutsi were killing each other because of skin color ..lmao...

And when they call you gay they are homophobic right? When I'm called monkey with Ebola, she is racist right? I'm yet tkt see a DS jumping on Ls in Africa, maybe it exists but I'm yet to see it ..tho I don't think it exists
Lol
As for the video, the dude needs to watch Stephen curry and Blake Griffin

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 18, 2013
Can you post some LS and DS jokes?
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 4:22pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
If Mike Ealy would have replied to this guy....with a darkskin joke

The Print would have been everywhere....

Black Folks would have run a muck.....

Tearing him down.

Yet...nobody says nothing about this guy.....

And he does this shitt every day on social media boards and in interviews

Amazing Double Standard.....

Outright Amazing.

Let....The Rock ....Dwayne Johnson..say something negative about a darkskin woman....that print would be everywhere.

Let Mary J Blige say something negative about Lightskin men.....

You would not hear a damn thing....

The Rock would lose movie deals...endorsements. ..everything.

This Wack asss double standard has darkskin blacks all over the net.."Color Baiting" Lightskin celebrities into a "coooning war"........

And it is a win/win situation for the darkskin individual...

Either they walk away hearing no response from the lightskin victim....or they can lie and play the "sympathy victim card" when someone is bold enough to respond.

Noboddy wants a partnership nor a brotherhood of Inequality

Nor Snakes.

True about the double standard part....you still sucking toes?
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 4:24pm On May 18, 2013
Colorism....Tribalism......

Reglious Pawns.....

Psychotic Nutters...

Man this "Race" has a lot of problems.....

It is a cruel dilemma that every black man faces.....

"Do I ignore my brothers.....or do I retaliate with vengeful force..."....

Yoruba men ask themselves the same question when ibos make tribal remarks......

Lightskin Black men ask themselves the same question when Dark Blacks say negative comments yet .."you can not reply because it is politcally incorrect in the western world to insult dark skin".....

Oh...but you can insult me?......

I do not give a damn what tribe..color..ethnicity.....nationality You are from.......

A Warrior...always wants to be a Warrior.....and Fight Against Oppression and Injustice

Now how do you psychologically manage the idea of forming a positive relationship with your "brother"...but at the same time...remain militant and fixed rooted within your Warrior Spirit?.....

How....?....

I Won't turn the other cheek when a whiteman is prejudice against me......

Nor should I turn the other cheek when my "brother" does such......

...Therefor....you probably will never see brotherhood amongst "Blacks"

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 18, 2013
Most of the people insulting sexkillz were born or raised in America and are Ls themselves

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 18, 2013
Or live
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:30pm On May 18, 2013
What the heck?

Sezkilt is insulted because he's annoying and arrogant, not to mention he gives as good as he gets.

His skin colour is the secondary issue, not the primary one.

The op is simply trying the strategy of attacking others first in order to cover his bad attitude.

See how he's pouring insults on dark skinned people. Yet he is not black, he's hiding behind a fake black identity to throw racial insults at black people.

Blame the mods for their siddon look attitude.

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 4:32pm On May 18, 2013
tpia@:
What the heck?

Sezkilt is insulted because he's annoying and arrogant.

His skin colour is the secondary issue, not the primary one.

He op is simply trying the strategy of attacking others first in order to cover his bad attitude.

See how he's pouring insults on dark skinned people. Yet he is not black, he's hiding behind a fake black identity to throw racial insults at black people.

Blame the mods for their siddon look attitude.

Lmfao @ "he aint black"

......see what I mean?.....
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 18, 2013
I meant the one calling him albino.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 18, 2013
There never will be a brotherhood because we are all individuals. smiley

Was there a 'brotherhood' when Europeans were killing themselves in the many wars prior the Cold war? Was there a 'brotherhood' with western Europe and the Soviet Union? The answer is no. No group of people have united on a large scale in history.

I too use to be tribal like the rest of you guys. I use too be pro black and blame all my short comings on 'The Whiteman'(who doesn't exist), I too use to believe in race and 'uniting the black'. But then I seen the bigger picture. We are all individuals. If anything I am pro human. smiley

Human Pride Worldwide!!!!
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:33pm On May 18, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Most of the people insulting sexkillz were born or raised in America and are Ls themselves

Sexkilt's problem is sezkilt.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:35pm On May 18, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I meant the one calling him albino.

Were there no light skinned people on nl before he signed up?

Why is he making himself so controversial and is he the only one receiving insults here.

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 18, 2013
tpia@:

Sexkilt's problem is sezkilt.
Yeaa I know he deserves all the insults,he got so far
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:37pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Lmfao @ "he aint black"

......see what I mean?.....

From the start of this thread you've been hurling RACIAL insults at black people.

Who do you think you're fooling?

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 18, 2013
My favorite NBA player is Dirk Nowitzki and my favorite TV show character is Rick Grimes from the Walking Dead show(ad you can see from my profile pic), but are of European descent. You see I am not close minded because tribalism doesn't effect me anymore. smiley

Though by preference in women is still women of African descent.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 4:38pm On May 18, 2013
I crucify lightskin people on this forum

Go read my posts to "blyss"......

.....yet I am Biased though...right?.....

You have trouble accepting truth

At the end of the day....one word can be used to summarize Colorism&Tribalism......

..."Resentment".....

There is always a group....who holds on to grudges far to long and they infect the future genrations with hate & Archaic Envy
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 18, 2013
tpia@:

Were there no light skinned people on nl before he signed up?

Why is he making himself so controversial and is he the only one receiving insults here.
no they don't insult him because he is Brown, because for the dude ain't LS, they insult him because he is annoying yes but the one insulting(using the word albino) are living in America and are Ls, I don't want to mention names
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:40pm On May 18, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Yeaa I know he deserves all the insults,he got so far

He gives as good as he gets, if it werent for mukina whose butt he's been kissing, he would have behaved himself.

But when you get some needy females to cover your bad behaviour, why feel a need to.

The guy is a champion butt kisser, seun's butt sef, wasnt spared.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 18, 2013
Guys lets end the tribalism now.

Lets end LS vs DS

African diaspora vs African

'White' vs 'Black'
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 4:41pm On May 18, 2013
KidStranglehold: Guys lets end the tribalism now.

Lets end LS vs DS

African diaspora vs African

'White' vs 'Black'

[size=28pt]
lol.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 18, 2013
Hey Royal what about 'Brown skinned' black people? When they insult Dark skinned black people they don't get in trouble at all. smiley

And I seen that many times when I was in high school and still in college. Not only that brown skin people are even claiming they are light skinned!!! grin

What about them?

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:44pm On May 18, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: no they don't insult him because he is Brown, because for the dude ain't LS, they insult him because he is annoying yes but the one insulting(using the word albino) are living in America and are Ls, I don't want to mention names

The ones calling him albino arent majorly living in america.

Early on in his sojourn here, i myself told someone to stop calling him that. And the person never claimed to be living in america.

The reason people are calling him albino is because he's too arrogant, not to mention there are some other things which they are sensing or know of.

If albino is what many of you are crying about here, then why not also shed tears for the other insults which fly around, or is he the only one being insulted?

2 Likes

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 18, 2013
tpia@:

He gives as good as he gets, if it werent for mukina whose butt he's been kissing, he would have behaved himself.

But when you get some needy females to cover your bad behaviour, why feel a need to.

The guy is a champion butt kisser, seun's butt sef, wasnt spared.

The dude even sent me PM to threaten, didn't know it was allowed to bully members, Seun should train his dogs

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 4:47pm On May 18, 2013
People/Groups can hold resentment for various reasons....

Past Injustices....

Mistreatment......

Jealousy....Envy.....

Ect.....

These wounds never heal....and continue to destroy each generation....

But nobody wants to take blame.......

My "Lightskin Black People" are suffering now...because our previous generations carried out the same prejudice against their darker brothers & sisters.

So those darker generations had children and taught their children To hate and envy us.....

And the cycle continues.....

And this generation of lightskin blacks will teach their same children to hate Darkskin for what is taking place now.....

It never ends....

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:48pm On May 18, 2013
If anyone is calling him an albino, he's a mod, at least mukina has empowered him to hide threads and delete comments.

He can also have his fellow mods do the same.

So what is this useless fake black op whining about?

Are you looking for a mod position?

Ode buruku.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 18, 2013
PMS**

Tpia has a point, if we want to complain let's complain about all the insults, Mrcorck , 190, mobo etc who rain insults on DS women what about themDS swallow and move on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi’s Pre-Coronation Photoshoot / Fulani Siddika Sanusi Rides On Horse To Her Husband's House In Style / Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.