Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Which Wife Can Accept This? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Wife Can Accept This? (8842 Views)

Counter Trend:husband Can't Rape Wife But Wife Can Rape Husband / Watching Football With Wife Can Be Very Frustrating And Stressful. / How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 20, 2013
jeffizy: My concern is actually from 2 perspective.

1. He commiting bigamy.

2. Leaving a comfortable existence for uncertainty.

Nice discourse. Please lets keep it open-minded.

Ofcourse it's bigamy, majority of those Schenghen Naija guys bring their foreign 'fiancé' home to tie the knot ( Schenghen requirement wink) with their wives pretending as their sisters..... Nkan mbe oh, eni kan lo mo... Na person wey dey live am knows undecided.

@comfortable existence, thot you mentioned they live from hand to mouth?

Either way , IMO I'm not gonna condemn him as long as his wife knows.

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by MMotimo: 4:43pm On May 20, 2013
Princess zoe: Completely saddening. But thank God some women are now more sensible. Some women are no longer dependent in the sense that they cannot feed themselves without a husband. Any woman whose husband travels out and get married to a white or black woman should file for divorce. Marriage was instutionalised by God and He didn't introduced it to be used as a collateral in money making. That is a glaring adultery.

From what I have heard, in most cases, the Naija wife is 100% aware of what is going on and fully supportive. The only victim is the Oyinbo wife who does not know a game is being played. A lot of the loud, uncultured Naija wives that move abroad later, come through this means. I think the practice is more common among the poorly educated, no-options in Naija-crew. Rather unusual though, for (I assume) a well-educated Banker to go that route.

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 20, 2013
mmmmmm MMtimo I disagree , you'd be surprised, that's all I've got to say. undecided I'm thinking Jeff's friend's wife is educated ko?

lol @ uncultured and loud Naija wives ,smh.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 20, 2013
Lol
never_say_never: Wow! All for this papers.
When will that time be when a foreigner will marry a Nigerian for papers? sad

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by damiso(f): 5:12pm On May 20, 2013
MMotimo:

From what I have heard, in most cases, the Naija wife is 100% aware of what is going on and fully supportive. The only victim is the Oyinbo wife who does not know a game is being played. A lot of the loud, uncultured Naija wives that move abroad later, come through this means. I think the practice is more common among the poorly educated, no-options in Naija-crew. Rather unusual though, for (I assume) a well-educated Banker to go that route.

Finally someone thinking of the other poor ignorant woman(she is a woman too even though she is white).I do know there are some of these women who do it for money and for those ones na contract(mostly eastern europeans).But for those who have no idea and just fall in love,me i feel sorry for them as well.Its not fair to lead someone on all in the name of papers.

2 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 20, 2013
OP, why are your friends always dickheads? Show me your friends and I will show u who u are. . . undecided
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2013
OP,

I think you should mind your business
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2013
jidegirl12:

@comfortable existence, thot you mentioned they live from hand to mouth?

He cant provide for his wife like he used to.

The old parents inclusive.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2013
bettymafy: OP, why are your friends always dickheads? Show me your friends and I will show u who u are. . . undecided

Lol. Maybe i'm a dickhead , maybe not.

Issues here are meant for educative purposes , try and be open-minded jor.
Ignore the messenger , not the message.
It's all about live and let live!

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 20, 2013
jeffizy:

Lol. Maybe i'm a dickhead , maybe not.

Issues here are meant for educative purposes , try and be open-minded jor.
It's all about live and let live!

Lol. Its ok. Just pulling your legs.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 20, 2013
jeffizy:

He cant provide for his wife like he used to.

The old parents inclusive.

You're breaking my heart. I hope things fall into place as hoped cos sometimes it takes longer than anticipated.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by biolabee(m): 6:13pm On May 20, 2013
MMotimo:

I have heard of professors doing it
Also a friends husband did it.. she has now moved to the US

The fact that no woman will like it does not mean it is not condoned...

Princess zoe: Completely saddening. But thank God some women are now more sensible. Some women are no longer dependent in the sense that they cannot feed themselves without a husband. Any woman whose husband travels out and get married to a white or black woman should file for divorce. Marriage was instutionalised by God and He didn't introduced it to be used as a collateral in money making. That is a glaring adultery.

In an ideal world this will be so

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 20, 2013
Lmao Biola, even scholars do it and their wives chop clean mouth like nothing happened.

* I'm enjoying ivywa's song, it's on repeat* grin

* come here come dey form * yeye dey smell*
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On May 20, 2013
Many women who are in US today ask them how their husband who filed for them got papers

Its not ideal, No one would like this, Probably the man too doesnt like it, But when life throws you lemon, you make Lemonade out of it

I have seen situation of both wife and Husband in US, both without papers and Husband had to go marry another person while the wife pretends to be the sister
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 20, 2013
Don't mind those hypocrites jare ..... oh maybe cos their husbands already chop clean mouth before they came into the picture , that made them all classy and educated compared to one who jam luck grin and secured his visa when already married.shuo!

Your third paragraph Dayo...... a lot!
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by biolabee(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2013
classy wife don land obodooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na so the Mercy Johnson go talk say she marry abroad man.. classy wife grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 20, 2013
Never thot this day would happen, collabo laugh with Biola ? Say wha ? angry grin cheesy cheesy

Obodo oyinbo ohhh ( my bele oh)
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by biolabee(m): 6:58pm On May 20, 2013
e funny naaa....

one of my uncles used fake name to work abroad
When he don make am hin come marry, the wife go just enter ile ola no know wetin don go down
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by MMotimo: 7:44pm On May 20, 2013
biolabee:

I have heard of professors doing it
Also a friends husband did it.. she has now moved to the US

The fact that no woman will like it does not mean it is not condoned...

In an ideal world this will be so

Interesting!

Personally, the people that I know relocated via the 'straight and narrow" channels. I'm sure there are many that found one shortcut/loop hole or another, legal or not. People come from different circumstances that may cause desperation.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 20, 2013
MMotimo:

Interesting!

Personally, the people that I know relocated via the 'straight and narrow" channels.

No way! Surely, you're not trying to say that your social circle does not consist of hungry, criminally minded, fraudulent, adulterous desperados and riff raffs?

How dare you claim your friends are law abiding when we all know these types of people clearly don't exist?

I bet you also claim to be an actual human being living on this earth, don't you? Shame on you..
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 20, 2013
^^ you really don't need that much sarcasm to get your message across , really.

To each and his own.

Ish.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by damiso(f): 11:03pm On May 20, 2013
jidegirl12: Don't mind those hypocrites jare ..... oh maybe cos their husbands already chop clean mouth before they came into the picture , that made them all classy and educated compared to one who jam luck grin and secured his visa when already married.shuo!

Your third paragraph Dayo...... a lot!

Sis you know i dont like arguing back and forth BUT i had to pick on this.Remember the thread where the lady was contemplating leaving her son behind to pursue her career?You were really vocal(understandably as we were talking about a minor) about the lady wanting to trade in morals for a life abroad to follow her dreams?

I am in no way saying this is the same scenario and believe me i know and empathise with people who need to sort residency issues(i no dey form rara,me and hubby argue sef cos i think he can be quite unfairly judgemental about it sometimes) BUT can we also not quote the morals story line here?Yeah things are hard in Naija(still also dont understand how a seemingly educated bloke with a job will want to go that route NOW emphasis on NOW with the state of the world's economy).If the marriage was not a clear cut contract i.e. i am not exactly marrying you i just need to sort myself(even that am a bit uneasy about)but at least we all know what we are getting into. Not openly using a vulnerable person who might think they have found love just for residency.No other word for it,its wrong.Me i cant pretend to be no one's sister in that scenario.Ko le to yen men.Na people not ghosts dey live naija.

4 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 20, 2013
jidegirl12: ^^ you really don't need that much sarcasm to get your message across , really.

To each and his own.

Ish.

tongue Just trying to be like you now.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by neversaynever(m): 11:24pm On May 20, 2013
jeffizy:
Naija papers?
That will be a while.
In naija wey foreigner is regarded as brocoli and our own ppl seen as ewedu. grin

My brother, the tin haff taya me.

On another hand, Africans have been trained to feel inferior
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On May 20, 2013
damiso:
I am in no way saying this is the same scenario and believe me i know and empathise with people who need to sort residency issues(i no dey form rara,me and hubby argue sef cos i think he can be quite unfairly judgemental about it sometimes) BUT can we also not quote the morals story line here?Yeah things are hard in Naija(still also dont understand how a seemingly educated bloke with a job will want to go that route NOW emphasis on NOW with the state of the world's economy).

You dont understand?

Let me give you an example.

A medical doctor in Nigeria earns like 100,000 Naira a Month thats 1.2million Naira a year

The same medical doctor in America post Residency would earn about $300,000 a year.

If you do the Maths you would understand why
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by damiso(f): 11:40pm On May 20, 2013
dayokanu:

You dont understand?

Let me give you an example.

A medical doctor in Nigeria earns like 100,000 Naira a Month thats 1.2million Naira a year

The same medical doctor in America post Residency would earn about $300,000 a year.

If you do the Maths you would understand why

Assuming he would earn the $300,000 a year as a doctor?How will he practise as a doctor when he is still struggling to sort out papers?

P.S I am not being holy holy or anything guess my comment should have even stated it as my opinion.I personally feel emigrating as a visitor (on a visiting visa) is not really really worth it anymore esp if you are reasonably well.educated in Nigeria.Am not saying dont relocate but pls at least TRY to do it legally.

2 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by dayokanu(m): 11:45pm On May 20, 2013
damiso:

Assuming he would earn the $300,000 a year as a doctor?How will he practise as a doctor when he is still struggling to sort out papers?

P.S I am not being holy holy or anything guess my comment should have even stated it as my opinion.I personally feel emigrating as a visitor (on a visiting visa) is not really really worth it anymore esp if you are reasonably well.educated in Nigeria.Am not saying dont relocate but pls at least TRY to do it legally.

You were asking why a graduate with a job in Nigeria would want to go through the stress of immigrating with paper wahala and I am stating the example as one reason some people would.

A Doctor after several years in School earning 100k per month compared to his friends in Yankee who "sorted out" their paper issue and are earning $300k a year

Thats a reason he would go through that trouble to sort out papers like the one in the Original Post to earn that type of money

If they tell a Doctor in Nigeria earning 100k per month that he can earn the equivalent 3m Naira per month in the US

And all he has to do is to get papers anyway he can. How many would reject that offer?
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 12:23am On May 21, 2013
Dami *sighs* morals eh? Well this might sound selfish coming from me , but I really don't mind being the bad guy on this Topic.

Good you specified in your post how black and white this topic and the other thread. I will never ever preach that moral to anybody to depend a whole nine yards on a man in order to archive her goals that's simple long throat period and you too know it.

Besides all that, I clearly emphasized my only concern which is the welfare of the child, I really don't care whether she lives off him or not.

I understand sometimes you've gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want in Naija ( as long as you don't steal) and I'm not gonna judge anybody for that, I will make my presumption known which is what I'm doing here but as long as nobody's gonna die , all well and good.

That^ being said, ( I really don't want to get myself into trouble cos this is a very tricky topic to be too loose on Internet about lipsrsealed) ....... Like somebody already stated nobody pray to be in this kinda situation and I feel those going thru it, I've heard people stranded abroad for over 10years before a way through, would I judge that kinda person doing arrangee , hell NO! So dear it's a sketchy topic and you gotta nod to the practice like one of those shît or just keep mute and walk away.

Trying to be modest and acting all dumbfounded here is just bull IMO, this is a Nigerian website and feigning just drives me nuts.

@topic as long as wife is aware, no problem. Also to the 'victims' ( which is not always the case for them cos they benefit too) .... What can I say I'm sorry.

I really don't get the morals to preach on this Topic, that people should be banged up abroad until Obama declared amnesty ??

@Ile , nice one. tongue
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 21, 2013
damiso:

You have no clue Dami, I will make it your opinion, but let me remind you , not everybody had it easy like me and you.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by MMotimo: 12:45am On May 21, 2013
ileobatojo:

No way! Surely, you're not trying to say that your social circle does not consist of hungry, criminally minded, fraudulent, adulterous desperados and riff raffs?

How dare you claim your friends are law abiding when we all know these types of people clearly don't exist?

I bet you also claim to be an actual human being living on this earth, don't you? Shame on you..

You got me laughing. For a moment, thought it was sisikill posting

2 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 1:18am On May 21, 2013
damiso:

You can't put any better.
That's the point i raised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does A Scorpion Bite Kill? / So, What's Wrong In Choosing Marriage? / Opinion From Mothers Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.