Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? (27279 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church – By Rodolfo Aceved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 11:09pm On May 23, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

ok. Moderator.
His question reeked of WISDOM!
U shud decipher btw an abuse and a strng wrd.

You are too proud to accept your error. Study the Bible with an open mind and stop parroting false teachings handed down to you. I asked a question begging for an answer but all you do is waltz around it, hoping that by writing too much ( what's up with that annoying text speak anyway?), you will distract us from your glaring ignorance. You don't fool nobody.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 23, 2013
@frosbel.The spirit goes back to God.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 23, 2013
^^^

So :

- The body goes to the dust

- The Soul to heaven or hell

- the spirit to God who is in heaven.

Care to explain the above , where does the real MAN go to ?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:02am On May 24, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

So :

- The body goes to the dust

- The Soul to heaven or hell

- the spirit to God who is in heaven.

Care to explain the above , where does the real MAN go to ?
what do you mean by the real Man.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:13am On May 24, 2013
Dux-01:
what do you mean by the real Man.

Some say the real MAN is the spirit , if this is the case why do all 'spirits' according to Ecclesiastes 12:7 return to GOD.

I might have misunderstood your point , apologies if so.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:32am On May 24, 2013
frosbel:

Some say the real MAN is the spirit , if this is the case why do all 'spirits' according to Ecclesiastes 12:7 return to GOD.

I might have misunderstood your point , apologies if so.
well,God said in Gen 6:3 that his spirit will not contend with man forever.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 12:46am On May 24, 2013
frosbel:

Uhmm, but demons and their leader are presently roaming the earth, there is not one iota of scripture that remotely suggests otherwise.

not one iota of scriptures that suggest wat? that Hell is the for angels and humans?
Hell wasnt created for man?
(2Peter3v9: God's will is not for anyman to go to Hell!)
But demon's and leaders are roaming the earth means their time to be cast into the lake of fire isnt come.
Yet,this Hell not prepared for Man , Jesus warns man about it ?
2Peter2:4
(God didnt spare angels but cast them into hell... )

theyre human spirits in hell (Rev 20:13-15) how did they get there?

Is this the best you can come up with ?
frosbel:
1. Which Hell is the one that God prepared for the devil and his angels , the one that sinners go to after death or the lake of fire ? So God prepared two Hells not ONE because the bible also refers to the Lake of Fire as Hell.

rev20:10 - shows clearly that the Devil and his false prophet beast will b thrown into the lake of fire at the end.
2Peter 3:9: (clearly states that God isnt willing that Any man should perish) ..
the story of lazarus (at death - the rich man was in HELL not lake of fire )
reconcile that with 2ndPeter and u'll see both hell and the lake were not Gods will for man.
angels in chains in Hell - also shows that That place is for them. (2nd Peter 2:4 "cast them down to HELL"wink
so both hell and lake of fire were created for the Devil and his angels.

Give a verse that shows the bible referring to the Lake of fire as Hell.

And in your mind - do u see that in revelations one gets tossed into the other? doesnt that teach you
theyre distinct?

frosbel:
Eternal reward is given after Judgement not before, stop twisting and messing up scripture
YOu should be able to understand a metaphor..
The wicked and does who dont make heaven dont even have a reward!
but they go their respective zones - heaven or hell. after death.
Going to hell doesnt affect the judgement of the dead- they'll be resurrected in the
end to face the great white throne judgement before being cast into the lake of fire..

frosbel:
3. You say that MAN has been judged but Satan has not been judged ? The bible disagrees, SATAN has been judged already.

"Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged." - John 16:11
the Devil has been judged- . Jesus said they have.
I said the Devil has not yet been judged?!
(that was a wrong statement,i made,i retract it.)
I should have said,the devil and his angels have not yet been dispatched , repatriated to their abode..
The idea is The devil still has freedom to operate because he hasnt time isnt up.

frosbel:
Also MAN has ONLY ONE judgement to appear before , and that is the white throne judgement , for the bible says that after death it is appointed unto man to judgement, in the interim all the dead are awaiting resurrection of their bodies for this great occasion.

In the interim. while waiting for the great White throne Judgement,
the spirits of the dead, are in either hell or heaven. (the lazarus story clearly illustrates this)
in addition (Hell giving up its dead illustrates this in revelations)
moreover Jesus warning his listeners ,all of whom are dead, to beware of Hell illustrates this.
He said they should be careful of him who could cast into hell , if they couldnt go to hell
after death, Jesus wouldnt have used the word Hell.

frosbel:

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." - 2 Corinthians 5:10

The scripture above destroys your theology on this subject, we are judged ONCE when Jesus comes and ONLY then we get our reward not before.

The scripture above shows your confusion.
The Judgement or reward for the dead sinners is the Second death!! - which is when hell and death is thrown
into the lake of fire- and it is christened the second death.

But in the mean time, their bodies are in some grave somewhere ,on earth, while their spirits
ar languishing in Hell! (again,the lazarus story illustrates this).

frosbel:

The correct Interpretation using the famour KJV is :

"And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?" - Matthew 8:29

correct. But theyre scared of their place of torment.. (Hell or the lake of fire).

frosbel:

Using ONE Parable or let's say ONE scripture to form a theology on a major doctrine is at best illogical and portrays a lazy attempt to decipher the word of GOD, in this case with abject failure.

Another daft reply.
The story of lazarus and the rich man, gives a graphical ,the only graphical depiction of
the post death life of 2 departed souls.
other scriptures corroborate it but no one in the entire Bible depict so graphically.
Besides for you to read it and call it a parable is most pitiful. you've got wools all over your eyes.

frosbel:
And , Jesus warned about Gehenna which is the lake of Fire, not an interim Hell.

Wrong again and yet again, the bible uses HELL for both , except in revelation 20.

a lil wisdom is in place .
if hell and the lake of fire ar the same, then you cant throw one into the other!
think.
Jesus spoke of hell, and the lake of fire but never mingled the two.

frosbel:
Not sure what you are on about , but the bible refers always to MAN as a mortal, flesh, dust, Soul etc, never as a spirit. What bible do you read ?

old issue . i had addressed this b4.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 12:51am On May 24, 2013
frosbel:

I am afraid , this question like many will go unanswered.

No matter which way you look at it, it is both morally , logically and scripturally impossible for an eternal place of nonstop torment to exist.

YOu can look at it with your human logic and ur skewed moral lens and not see it.
God didnt say you should help him inject meaning into his word.
He himself will shine revelation light on his word when it enters (the psalmist says the entrance of the word giveth LIGHT )
so except u want to be deluded u cant look at it scripturally and make this half assed conclusion.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:51am On May 24, 2013
^^^

I will address your confusion tomorrow.

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 12:53am On May 24, 2013
nep2ra: ^^^ You mean the Aramaic word Sheol meaning grave, often translated hell.

You seriously need education.

To you the word shoel means earthly grave right?
if so,then why would God waste his time warning the wicked about a place that encompasses all souls,good and bad!!
think!
its like saying all the wicked will breathe!! - is that a warning!!.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 2:01am On May 24, 2013
frosbel:

Reference my detailed response to your original comment above. smiley
Your post can't be quoted - NL software wahala!!.

I'd addressed the spirit of man issue much earlier.

the spirit in man, gives man understanding (Job).
God imparted that spirit,not by moulding a body like he did for man's body
but imparting a part of himself . into Man.
When God did that, Man become distinct, so you see from God's act , that
God can extrude from himself, distinct entities, and those entities can b , self determining
beings.
Man was just clay, until the breathe of the Almighty (the extrusion from God ),
came into man and man became conscious.
So obviously, from that single entity God imparted into man, came the faculty of
reasoning,thinking,self awareness,etc AND STILL it was a spirit. so
within the entity called the spirit must be the other faculties - that enable self awareness . or so.

2.) the spirit and the soul are distinct.
2thesolians5v23.
hebrews 4:12 (dividing of soul and spirit, bone and marrow)
in the illustration from that verse you can see that just like bone and marrow are connected
but not the same,
soul and spirit are not the same!!.
but theyre interconnected.
And as you can see , just like the marrow nourishes the bone,
and the bone encases the marrow,
also
it can be clearly inferred that the soul encases the spirit and sorrounds it and is nourished by the spirit.

The soul acts like a filter-- filtering the contents of the spirit.
in the soul resides the thinker,emotions,etc.
when praying logicizing, the soul is used..
but the spirit can and should be used..

"the body without the spirit means the body without the breathe of life..."

the bible says:
God is a spirit-
And Man is a spirit, is God a lifeless wisp (breathe of life!)
Man's spirit was breathed into him.
God displays all faculties of an intelligent being,
Angels are spirits ,
so Y dyu think Man's spirit is some inanimate entity?
Man's spirit is fashioned after God's spirit - that's Y
Jesus enjoins that we relate with God with the part of us that most is like God - our spirit.

1 cor 14:14 - says your spirit can pray. can breathe pray! only living beings can pray . it is ur spirit that is the living entity not your body or mind.
v15: I will sing with the spirit i will sing with the intellect!!
The spirit of man can be the inspiration for what we utter or sing, or the intellect can!
a mere wisp can't.
Your spirit is a being..

A little thinking will show you that spirits in the bible are intelligent,capable of feeling (demons cry out in fear of torment), can be tormented(demons wander in dry places seeking rest and find none) etc
Then Y should man's own be any different which is fashioned after God's spirit.

"does not represent Man, but the God supplied life!!" -

if any man be in Christ he is a new creature - old things have passed away behold all things have become new!

when some1 becomes born agian- the body doesnt get new. The mind doesnt get new.
it is his spirit.
"as new born babes (new born after what!? after receiving Jesus christ our spirits are like babies)
sincerely desire the sincere milk of the word that ye may grow thereby" (find this verse for yourself)
would u grow an essence? you grow a being, and our spirit shares similarities with our bodies.
it can grow. it can be fed (Man shall not live by bread alone but by everyword..)
it can be strenghtened ( it can engage in war ; ephesians put on the whole armor of God - on wind!?
No. but on a spirit being - the hidden man of the heart - its a real being)

The similarity to pneuma ,is because , at death,it departs the body like "wind",it exits the orifices of the body,
like the nostrils or mouth. and when it leaves the Body ,the life of the body has left ,because the body has no life
of its own it is the spirit within the b ody that gives it life.

the body is the house of the spirit.
1 cor 5:1
----------
it is called a tent.
paul doesnt call the body a being but a container for the real him - his spirit.
when a christian/saint dies he is absent from the body but goes to be with Jesus.
2Cor5:8 - nothing like soul sleep.
if this is so then it corroborates with the passage that says the body without the spirit is dead.
and it corroborates with the verse which say, the body is just a tent.
the real you ,is your spirit.
and this also shows on the converse that those who are not saved go to be in the Devil's den - hell.

1 thes 5:23
"the author is listing 3 distinct aspects of the human being: spirit,soul,body"
you can argue and say wat u like.

"the soul is the whole man..."

if the soul and the spirit were not distinct they couldnt be divided by the word - see Hebrews.
if the were not distinct, the they wudnt be listed with different words in 1 Thessalonians..
besides i showed u the spirit prays,sings, grows, feeds on God's word,is recreated at the new birth,..
is called a Man (the hidden man of the heart),
is in Gods image etc..

The holy spirit bears witness without OUR SPIRIT , think of it.
the holy spirit is an intelligent being,not wind or breeze,the holy spirit can be grieved,
the Holy spirit, speaks,the Holy spirit guides ,the Holy spirit teaches,
and this Holy spirit speaks to our spirit (bears witness) , if our spirit were not of the same form as God's
spirit, how would they relate?

Lastly.

in revelations,
the author was in the spirit , in the spirit he penned the book of revelations.
Think of it, he spoke with angels, saw heaven,interacted, with his spirit.
it specifically says - He was in the spirit - how cold he be in the spirit realm if not by his spirit.

pray and ask God to open ur eyes to the truth..
you are a spirit.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by ijawkid(m): 7:19am On May 24, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

mr. No hell fire apologist.
Ur only basis for claimg tht the richman vs lazarus story is a parable is because it had a familiar phrase "a certain ".
But let me show u d phrasg used for u to judge.

kjv.
The good samaritan:
"a certain man ..." luke10v30.

the parable of d great banquet:
luke14v16:
"A certain man ..." KJv
the prodigal son:
luke15v11:

"a certain man..." kjv

the rchman and lazarus:
luke16v19:
"there WAS a certain rich man..."
v20:
"amd there WAS a certain beggar NAMED .."

y was there a change in phrasg?
And Y did a fictitious character in d 'parable' hav a name?

Was it Jesus character to assign fictotious names to characters in his parable to spice up d story?
Y ddnt he assign som false name to d character in d prodgl son, d chrcter in d weddg banquet, d character in d good samaritan?
Yet with d rich man and lazarus he ddnt stop at sayg beggar but mentioned his name?
So who was the lazarus if I may ask.....are all lazarus' poor people and also good enough to go to heaven??.....meanwhile did Jesus give the name of the rich man??,,,,,...we all know lazarus was a popular Jewish name so using that name still doesn't help u in your quest to prove that this story isn't a parable

You can't run away frm the glaring fact that this story was infact a parable....the introduction affirms that......and not only the introduction as I am about to expose you...

Tpfkakambo:

Bring ur brains wt u. Wen u com to argue scriptures,

questions 1,2 r meanngless because d Bible is silent on his atrocity so no one can manufacture dat infrmation u seek.
It meangless cuz d answer to it doesnt change d scripture or make it more true.
Lol...now he says my questions 1 and 2 do not make sense....this is somebody that has yapping about this story not being a parable....if you can't answer my numbers 1 and 2 questions then you have no right to tell me to bring my brains with me when I argue scriptures....I think that advice should have been for u...you a hell fire proponent can't tell me what the rich man and lazarus did to deserve being in hell and heaven??.....then what are we are arguing about??.....you must answer my numbers 1 and 2 questions if not you are not fit for this argument.......try to conjure up something my bro....

Tpfkakambo:

Is abraham's bossom heaven?
The answer to this question cannot b inferred frm d bible verses neither does change d story. But usg ur senses u can conjecture wat it is?
A place of rest.peace. Comfrt to a departed soul.

Lol....it can't be inferred abi??.....and what is this place of rest??....the place no get name??....

Where do departed souls go to rest abd where is thi§ place located??...

You must answer o since you've decided to use a story which many of you have misconstrued to base the dogmata of hell fire and literal eternal torment.....
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by okate: 3:28pm On May 24, 2013
Please, have any of you read in the book of revelation, where there was a mention of Man's spirit again? This is what we need: to obey God in all things(out of love), and to be faithful witness(in word and deed) of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God unto death. Please, find out what happened when Jesus opened the Fifth seal in the book of revelation 6:9-11. This argument is unnecessary and a waste of time. Remain blessed.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 24, 2013
^^^^

Purely symbolic.

Read : Genesis 4:10

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 4:01pm On May 24, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

To you the word shoel means earthly grave right?
if so,then why would God waste his time warning the wicked about a place that encompasses all souls,good and bad!!
think!
its like saying all the wicked will breathe!! - is that a warning!!.

think!

I'm glad you realize from Scriptures that Sheol is a temporary resting place for both righteous and wicked people. According to the Bible, people don't immediately go to heaven or hell after they die. The Bible makes no mention of wicked people going to a place of eternal torment after death or righteous people going to a place of eternal bliss after their sojourn on earth. What you are promoting is nothing short of error and heresy.

Hear the words of Jesus:

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out – those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned" John 5:28-29 NIV

The words of Apostle Paul:

"...and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked." Acts 24:15 NIV

Please let go off your pride and learn.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 24, 2013
^^^

Watch this Bro, very very revealing and only 4 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwbpNS61-N8

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2013
^^^

It's only people with sick and twisted minds that can imagine an eternal place of torment. I don't know how the preaching of hell fire draws people to a supposed loving God. This kind of teaching reduces an All Powerful, Wise, Merciful God to a petty, vindictive despot. Even the worst judicial system on earth will never dispense justice like this.

There is no difference between Christians who preach hell fire to Islamic extremists who kill innocent people. Using terror as a method of coercion to evoke love and obedience only breeds hypocrites. A lot of so-called Christians worship God because of the fear of hell fire and also to satisfy their material lusts.

What shock and shame awaits them on resurrection day!

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Mintayo(m): 9:14pm On May 24, 2013
[quote author=Tpfkakambo]
Your post can't be quoted - NL software wahala!!.

I'd addressed the spirit of man issue much earlier.

the spirit in man, gives man understanding (Job).
God imparted that spirit,not by moulding a body like he did for man's body
but imparting a part of himself . into Man.
When God did that, Man become distinct, so you see from God's act , that
God can extrude from himself, distinct entities, and those entities can b , self determining
beings.
Man was just clay, until the breathe of the Almighty (the extrusion from God ),
came into man and man became conscious.
So obviously, from that single entity God imparted into man, came the faculty of
reasoning,thinking,self awareness,etc AND STILL it was a spirit. so
within the entity called the spirit must be the other faculties - that enable self awareness . or so.

2.) the spirit and the soul are distinct.
2thesolians5v23.
hebrews 4:12 (dividing of soul and spirit, bone and marrow)
in the illustration from that verse you can see that just like bone and marrow are connected
but not the same,
soul and spirit are not the same!!.
but theyre interconnected.
And as you can see , just like the marrow nourishes the bone,
and the bone encases the marrow,
also
it can be clearly inferred that the soul encases the spirit and sorrounds it and is nourished by the spirit.

The soul acts like a filter-- filtering the contents of the spirit.
in the soul resides the thinker,emotions,etc.
when praying logicizing, the soul is used..
but the spirit can and should be used..

"the body without the spirit means the body without the breathe of life..."

the bible says:
God is a spirit-
And Man is a spirit, is God a lifeless wisp (breathe of life!)
Man's spirit was breathed into him.
God displays all faculties of an intelligent being,
Angels are spirits ,
so Y dyu think Man's spirit is some inanimate entity?
Man's spirit is fashioned after God's spirit - that's Y
Jesus enjoins that we relate with God with the part of us that most is like God - our spirit.

1 cor 14:14 - says your spirit can pray. can breathe pray! only living beings can pray . it is ur spirit that is the living entity not your body or mind.
v15: I will sing with the spirit i will sing with the intellect!!
The spirit of man can be the inspiration for what we utter or sing, or the intellect can!
a mere wisp can't.
Your spirit is a being..

A little thinking will show you that spirits in the bible are intelligent,capable of feeling (demons cry out in fear of torment), can be tormented(demons wander in dry places seeking rest and find none) etc
Then Y should man's own be any different which is fashioned after God's spirit.

"does not represent Man, but the God supplied life!!" -

if any man be in Christ he is a new creature - old things have passed away behold all things have become new!

when some1 becomes born agian- the body doesnt get new. The mind doesnt get new.
it is his spirit.
"as new born babes (new born after what!? after receiving Jesus christ our spirits are like babies)
sincerely desire the sincere milk of the word that ye may grow thereby" (find this verse for yourself)
would u grow an essence? you grow a being, and our spirit shares similarities with our bodies.
it can grow. it can be fed (Man shall not live by bread alone but by everyword..)
it can be strenghtened ( it can engage in war ; ephesians put on the whole armor of God - on wind!?
No. but on a spirit being - the hidden man of the heart - its a real being)

The similarity to pneuma ,is because , at death,it departs the body like "wind",it exits the orifices of the body,
like the nostrils or mouth. and when it leaves the Body ,the life of the body has left ,because the body has no life
of its own it is the spirit within the b ody that gives it life.

the body is the house of the spirit.
1 cor 5:1
----------
it is called a tent.
paul doesnt call the body a being but a container for the real him - his spirit.
when a christian/saint dies he is absent from the body but goes to be with Jesus.
2Cor5:8 - nothing like soul sleep.
if this is so then it corroborates with the passage that says the body without the spirit is dead.
and it corroborates with the verse which say, the body is just a tent.
the real you ,is your spirit.
and this also shows on the converse that those who are not saved go to be in the Devil's den - hell.

1 thes 5:23
"the author is listing 3 distinct aspects of the human being: spirit,soul,body"
you can argue and say wat u like.

"the soul is the whole man..."

if the soul and the spirit were not distinct they couldnt be divided by the word - see Hebrews.
if the were not distinct, the they wudnt be listed with different words in 1 Thessalonians..
besides i showed u th
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Mintayo(m): 9:32pm On May 24, 2013
nep2ra: ^^^

It's only people with sick and twisted minds that can imagine an eternal place of torment. I don't know how the preaching of hell fire draws people to a supposed loving God. This kind of teaching reduces an All Powerful, Wise, Merciful God to a petty, vindictive despot. Even the worst judicial system on earth will never dispense justice like this.

There is no difference between Christians who preach hell fire to Islamic extremists who kill innocent people. Using terror as a method of coercion to evoke love and obedience only breeds hypocrites. A lot of so-called Christians worship God because of the fear of hell fire and also to satisfy their material lusts.

The Bible says...the Lord has not given us the Spirit of fear but of love,power and of sound mind!

If you become a christain because of the fear of Hell(or because of the fear of anything),then you are on a long thing; then you have not had an encounter with the saviour-Jesus Christ!

How will you say there is no hell? Even the devil knows there is hell!

My question is the same,how will you speak of God's love and neglect His wrath? Or severity?

Revelation 20:14. (KJV).
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2013
Mintayo:

The Bible says...the Lord has not given us the Spirit of fear but of love,power and of sound mind!

If you become a christain because of the fear of Hell(or because of the fear of anything),then you are on a long thing; then you have not had an encounter with the saviour-Jesus Christ!

My question is the same,how will you speak of God's love and neglect His wrath? Or severity?

Revelation 20:14. (KJV).

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Read this again:

Hear the words of Jesus:

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out – those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned" John 5:28-29 NIV

"...and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked." Acts 24:15 NIV

Read and think deeply!

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 7:47am On May 25, 2013
nep2ra:

Read this again:

Hear the words of Jesus:

Read and think deeply!

Very good reasoning, those two set of people are in the same place, and will both be resurected from death.

Not that they are alive somewhere, if they are alive somewhere there will be no need for them being resurrected.

Good thinking men, good thinking.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 8:06am On May 25, 2013
truthislight:

Very good reasoning, those two set of people are in the same place, and will both be resurected from death.

Not that they are alive somewhere, if they are alive somewhere there will be no need for them being resurrected.

Good thinking men, good thinking.

Thank you.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:46am On May 26, 2013
Mintayo:

These hypocrites pay lip service to the inerrancy of Scripture, but when God speaks something in it that they find difficult to accept, that stirs up their fear of men, or that threatens their respectability or appearance before the world, they turn from it and refuse to accept it. Then, when someone merely repeats and applies what God says on the
subject, they throng to silence him. The real object of their hatred is the Lord. They resent him for saying such things
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:58am On May 26, 2013
A very good example i would like to cite is 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." A person does not really believe this passage unless he can say, "If you are a homosexual or an adulterer, unless you repent, believe the gospel, and turn from your sins, God will send you to hell, where you will suffer extreme pain and agony forever." This is what the passage means. But nowadays those who call themselves Christians profess belief in Scripture on the one hand, and instead of warning homosexuals and adulterers, they
accommodate them and become friends with them.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by ijawkid(m): 7:20am On May 26, 2013
Bidam: A very good example i would like to cite is 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." A person does not really believe this passage unless he can say, "If you are a homosexual or an adulterer, unless you repent, believe the gospel, and turn from your sins, God will send you to hell, where you will suffer extreme pain and agony forever." This is what the passage means. But nowadays those who call themselves Christians profess belief in Scripture on the one hand, and instead of warning homosexuals and adulterers, they
accommodate them and become friends with them.

Scriptures do say all liars and unrepentant amoral individuals,that there portion would be in the same lake of fire where Death and hell would be thrown into.........

No oÑe tolerate§ immorality just to preach Gods Love.....the point of this thread is to discard the dogma of GOd literally tormenting persons for finite sins they commited........

Chikena!!!!.....

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 5:22pm On May 26, 2013
ijawkid:
So who was the lazarus if I may ask.....are all lazarus' poor people and also good enough to go to heaven??.....meanwhile did Jesus give the name of the rich man??,,,,,...we all know lazarus was a popular Jewish name so using that name still doesn't help u in your quest to prove that this story isn't a parable

You can't run away frm the glaring fact that this story was infact a parable....the introduction affirms that......and not only the introduction as I am about to expose you...

Lol...now he says my questions 1 and 2 do not make sense....this is somebody that has yapping about this story not being a parable....if you can't answer my numbers 1 and 2 questions then you have no right to tell me to bring my brains with me when I argue scriptures....I think that advice should have been for u...you a hell fire proponent can't tell me what the rich man and lazarus did to deserve being in hell and heaven??.....then what are we are arguing about??.....you must answer my numbers 1 and 2 questions if not you are not fit for this argument.......try to conjure up something my bro....

Lol....it can't be inferred abi??.....and what is this place of rest??....the place no get name??....

Where do departed souls go to rest abd where is thi§ place located??...

You must answer o since you've decided to use a story which many of you have misconstrued to base the dogmata of hell fire and literal eternal torment.....

u hav u stand on d issue but want support fr ur stand frm d wrd.
What makes d story a parable?
Pls xplain.

How wud Jesus tell a tru event wtout gvg to much personal details like d name of d indvduals and how wud ths differ frm a parable? Pls answer.

If the story is a parable, wat is d moral?
And y wud Jesus use spiritual places d hearers arent familiar wth instead of of d familiar symbols they were all familiar wth in their everyday lives and wch Jesus faithfully used to relay gospel truths previously.

Y wud jesus tell a lie? He said there was a certain man NAMED LAZARUS . A fctitious chrcter needs no name. And a name adds no benefit to d moral of d story? Y wud Jesus go to extra lent to name d beggar?

How does d sin d rchman commited chnge d story wthr d reader knows of it or not?
D importnt thng is tht the story occured. Accordg to d bible. How does deviatg to ths side issue validate the authntcty of d story?

I hve more questions but answer ths.

Rember d core question is wat makes ths story a parable hence figuratve..
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 5:31pm On May 26, 2013
nep2ra: ^^^

actually it's ppl with sck nd twistd imgntns dat twist d bible to say wat they think it means.
God isn't battlg confsn. U interprete in contxt somtimes . Othrtimes its explicit enuff.
Hell is a terrible place so terrible God sent his son b man's substitute so man wont go there. Only a lovg God wud do tht.
Thers a diff btw warng sb about evil e.g aids,lung cancer ,teenage pregnancy and takg ppls lives or violatg their free will thru death n torture.
One takes genuine lov and concern d other is devilish. U shd know better. No christian will shoot or kill u fr not acceptg christ.

Many ppl dnt sleep wth hiv postve partners out of fear too.
Its not d best motve,fear,to avoid evil but it wrks and is d least denominatr. Fact is som ppl will cling to sin and evil no matter wat God does to free thm but in d end still want God to hav thm into his heaven. Sorry. Its Hell tht awaits thm.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 5:51pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 26, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

Hell is a terrible place so terrible God sent his son b man's substitute so man wont go there. Only a lovg God wud do tht.

point of correction, God sent his Son into the world, not to deliver men from hell but from death.

John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2013
frosbel:

point of correction, God sent his Son into the world, not to deliver men from hell but from death.

John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

the opposite of EVERLASTING LIFE isnt physcl death but EVERLASTING DEATH.. . Ur scripture counters ur viewpoint.
Besides, "shall not perish" is wat it says not shall not die physcally or shall not persh physcally. Persh doesnt also support u view of xtnguishment. The pershg of d soul and spirit is in fire. So perish means being lost to eternal flames of hell enroute LoF (lake of fire).
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 26, 2013
[quote author=Tpfkakambo]

the opposite of EVERLASTING LIFE isnt physcl death but EVERLASTING DEATH..

The opposite of life is death.

Death is the cessation of existence. To live forever is called immortality , something which has not being granted to the sinner.

There is no such thing as everlasting death , death is the enemy of MAN and will itself face defeat at the end. The term everlasting death is the epitome of adding to the word of God.

"...For he must reign, till he has put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:25-26

" but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." - 2 Timothy 1:10

"Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death." - Revelation 20:14

There will be no more death Pal, after the destruction of the ungodly, your eternal torment doctrine is a myth, in fact a fairy tale. Stop deceiving yourself and others with this satanic inspired twisted doctrine.

" He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." - Revelation 21:4

Besides, "shall not perish" is wat it says not shall not die physcally or shall not persh physcally. Persh doesnt also support u view of xtnguishment. The pershg of d soul and spirit is in fire. So perish means being lost to eternal flames of hell enroute LoF (lake of fire).

What is this convoluted nonsense above ? Where does the bible say that Perish means everlasting torment ? Where does Paul say the wages of sin is eternal torment ? where does Jesus say repent or be tormented forever. Which God are you really following ?

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2013
@frosbel
death isnt cessation of life but eternal separation frm God.
Get ur theology right.
Physcl death is separation of spirit frm body.

So adjust ur false basis 4 defing death.
If Hell so scarce u try to make heaven,its free.

Everlastg damnation in d lake of fire is d second death.
So death in d new testament is shrt frm 4 second death.

Death will b destoyed by being cast into d lake of fire. Along with the residents of Hell, for hell will give up its dead, and all whose names r not found wrttn in d lamb's book of life.

Immortality is immunity frm death. Immortality to man means his body wont die.
But immortality will b given to saved man,theyll eat fro the tree of life and xperience physcal immortality (no death,aging etc)
but spiritually man is in God's image and wether saved or not the non physcl components of man(spirit,soul) are immortal.

Jesus christ d bible says has also destroyed him who had d power
of death,i.e the devil.
But tht doesnt mean d devil isnt still around,cuz d same bible says christians shud "resist" d devil.
So u may need to evaluate ur definition of destroy again.

Where does perish say "anihilation"?

Twisted doctrine?
Paul doesnt need 2 say eternal trment because d second death is eternal torment.
And smoke of their torment ascended upward day and night FOREVER AND EVER.

JESUS warned of hell where the fire never dies out.

U wsh it wasnt so?

Wich bible r u really readg?
The story of d richman and lazarus settles ths issue but in ur biase u call it a parable.
Ur opinion doesnt chnge d truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Jonathan Shuttlesworth: "Bishop Oyedepo Laid Hands On Me & I Got $1.1m After" / Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.