Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? (27286 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church – By Rodolfo Aceved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 1:11am On May 23, 2013
frosbel:

Except , and then you went on to list quite a few other parables grin

Anyway, I will take it that you are a honest student of the bible, in which case, can you kindly help me assess the statement below :

According to the members of the HELL club, when a man or woman dies in sin, they immediately descend to HELL , which though prepared for the devil and his angels , contains ONLY Human Beings.

In other words, while the devil roams the earth, blissfully causing mayhem, the HELL which was prepared for him is ONLY inhabited by MEN and WOMEN.

Think about this for a moment, does it really make sense ?

Secondly , there are Two Hells if we are to believe that sinners go to HELL after death. The Lake of Fire is also called HELL in the bible. So tell us , which of these hells was created for the devil and his angels, which HELL was Jesus referring to.

I addressed most of these questions in one of my post to Ijaw kid.

"you went on to list a few of the parables"

to correct a misconception injectd by the ijawkid.
there were 4 parables in a pool of many parables only beginng with the words a certain man ...
and their context and reason for being narrated were worth noting..

"Hell which thoug prepared for the devil and its angels contains only human beings"

- so wat about that.?
Men and demons can share it?
It was originally prepared for the devil and his angels, but Man at death begins enjoying his eteranal reward,
which means either going to hell or heaven.
The devil and his angels have not yet been JUDGED - thats what makes the differnce.

When Jesus was casting out demons, they sometimes screamed "have you come to judge us BEFORE THE TIME"
Also note , theyr are angels reserved in chains in hell!!!..

Then if Hell was for only holding yet to be judged demons/satan- why would Jesus speaking TO MEN
warn them about it. 2.) talk of the story of lazarus and the rich man!!

"if they are two hells"

They arent two hells. There is Hell and there is worse than Hell, the Lake of Fire.
Two different places.

"which of this was prepared for the Devil and his angels"

Dyu really read the bible or you just come to NL to argue your opinions?
You said man isnt a spirit, i ran a google search on an online bible and
was overwhelmed by tonnes of verses..
if you can access the internet , so many of your q's would be answered.
at least its great for Bible searches , cuz some verses i know the words but the chapters and numbers
i may not have off head.

In the book of revelations - (find it out yourself)
- Satan, The Beast, the false prophet will b thrown ALIVE into the Lake of fire!!
And SATAN WILL be in TORMENT (NOT ruling or lording thngs over anybody,he'll be gnashing and writhing from
the torment of the Lake!!! - so will the false prophet and the beast - the man of sin).
That shows you that Satan, can access , temporary Hell, bcause his time of Judgement isnt come.
He can even get to heaven to accuse the brethren, like he did in the case of Job.

The lake of fire is never called Hell in the Bible. The Bible is an exact book,it doesnt mix up
things like this.
show me where this is the case.

"which of these hells was created for the devil and his angels"

- the word should b which of these places of torment -
The bible viewpoint is BOTH.

in present hell, Angels are reserved in Chains of darkness. so there are in torment already.

Then, The lake of Fire , in which Satan and the beast and the false prophet , and Death, and Hell will be thrown
into.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 1:25am On May 23, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

"Hell which thoug prepared for the devil and its angels contains only human beings"

- so wat about that.?
Men and demons can share it?

Uhmm, but demons and their leader are presently roaming the earth, there is not one iota of scripture that remotely suggests otherwise.

It was originally prepared for the devil and his angels, but Man at death begins enjoying his eteranal reward,
which means either going to hell or heaven.
The devil and his angels have not yet been JUDGED - thats what makes the differnce.

Is this the best you can come up with ?

1. Which Hell is the one that God prepared for the devil and his angels , the one that sinners go to after death or the lake of fire ? So God prepared two Hells not ONE because the bible also refers to the Lake of Fire as Hell.

2. Eternal reward is given after Judgement not before, stop twisting and messing up scripture

3. You say that MAN has been judged but Satan has not been judged ? The bible disagrees, SATAN has been judged already.

"Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged." - John 16:11

Also MAN has ONLY ONE judgement to appear before , and that is the white throne judgement , for the bible says that after death it is appointed unto man to judgement, in the interim all the dead are awaiting resurrection of their bodies for this great occasion.

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." - 2 Corinthians 5:10

The scripture above destroys your theology on this subject, we are judged ONCE when Jesus comes and ONLY then we get our reward not before.

When Jesus was casting out demons, they sometimes screamed "have you come to judge us BEFORE THE TIME"
Also note , theyr are angels reserved in chains in hell!!!..

The correct Interpretation using the famour KJV is :

"And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?" - Matthew 8:29

Then if Hell was for only holding yet to be judged demons/satan- why would Jesus speaking TO MEN
warn them about it. 2.) talk of the story of lazarus and the rich man!!

Using ONE Parable or let's say ONE scripture to form a theology on a major doctrine is at best illogical and portrays a lazy attempt to decipher the word of GOD, in this case with abject failure.

And , Jesus warned about Gehenna which is the lake of Fire, not an interim Hell.

"if they are two hells"

They arent two hells. There is Hell and there is worse than Hell, the Lake of Fire.
Two different places.

Wrong again and yet again, the bible uses HELL for both , except in revelation 20.

Dyu really read the bible or you just come to NL to argue your opinions?
You said man isnt a spirit, i ran a google search on an online bible and
was overwhelmed by tonnes of verses..
if you can access the internet , so many of your q's would be answered.
at least its great for Bible searches , cuz some verses i know the words but the chapters and numbers
i may not have off head.

Not sure what you are on about , but the bible refers always to MAN as a mortal, flesh, dust, Soul etc, never as a spirit. What bible do you read ?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by ijawkid(m): 6:33am On May 23, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

From your logic "once Jesus used the words "there was a certain man" " it was a parable?
What wen Jesus was talking of a man , who existed yet didnt want to mention the man's name what word would he use?
"a certain man"
infact the word "certain" pertains to certainty.
As for you logic,look at the points i proposed...
What was the moral story conveyed in the Richman and lazarus story viz a vis other parables ...
None!! .
The bible justs states that story and ends there..
You are trying to shoe horn scriptures to fit your logic.
Jesus could have used the words , a particular man, a certain man, there was once a man,
to refer to the man in the story of lazarus and the rich man.

I dont want to rehash my old arguments keep an open mind.
Jesus parable either illustrate the operations of the Kingdom.
The true character of a kingdom character - love (parable of the good samaritan), repentance (the prodigal son),
end of days(wheat and tares), salvation (the wedding banquet,the ten virgins),
etc.
What kingdom concept was the story of the rich man and lazarus conveying
and Y would Jesus use the idea of eternal death to convey it?
In all his other parable simplicity was the key, using easily understood illustrations,
what was so complex in the moral (kingdom concept) Jesus was illustrating with the
parable of the rich man and lazarus that He couldnt find an easier fit?

wake up from your delusion.
Real life characters are not necessary to potray a parable,
But Jesus mentioned abraham and Abraham spoke to the rich man!!!
so much for a parable. you wish it were a parable.

Ahhh I sÉe.....just up above the story of the rich man and lazarus which is the first verse of luke 16 the parable had its introductory part as ""a certain man" and immediately after that you expect me to read the story of the rich and lazarus which had the same begiNning and then discard it as a parable??....

NO WAY my bro...it doesn't work that way....and so I ask should I discarÐ the stories of the prodigal son and the rest that had the same introductory pattern as parables??..........the reason why you're on about this story being a real life story is because you have fixed your thoughts on just wicked persons suffering in Hell and nothing else....

Now may I ask you mr hell fire apologist :::....

1..Was the rich man a wicked man to deserve been burnt up in Hell??......

2...What did lazarus do to deserve being in heaven??...

3...Besides was lazarus in heaven??....

More questions are coming but this would do.....

Since you're quick to say that this story isn't a parable then be ready to give full explanation of it.......
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Boomark(m): 7:08am On May 23, 2013
alexleo:

If thinking means accepting your idiotic and satanic message then I don't need your thinking. What a shameless satanic desperado display. I ll vehemently oppose any satan inspired teaching you bring here. You want to lure people into eternal damnation. You ll fail serially.

satan did not conquer Jesus with his twisted scripture. They have shown you where Jesus said no one has ascended into heaven. Where Elijah wrote to a king. Of all these things you have nothing to say.

When i ask questions people disappear. Most of you have stopped talking to me because they think my questions does not add value to the falsehood your holding unto.

Untill you start having answers to what you believe people will not believe. If you want, shout desperado, satan, pit of hell and hell fire till tomorrow it will not help.

Whatever is twisted can still be subdued by the word. But whatever is not twisted, you can't subdue.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Boomark(m): 8:09am On May 23, 2013
alexleo:

And nay be Elijah suddenly became a human bird of the heaven by that action. Enoch probably is now in your village since the bible said he did not taste death. Paul must have also lied that he was taken to the third heaven going by your submission. The several places that Jesus talked about hell and its torments haven't you twisted it in you usual satanic manner? You are a merchant of lies. You can't deceive me. Elijah's ministry ended when he ascended to heaven and Elisha took over his mantle. stop your stu.pid and senseless twisting of the scripture. Tell your master satan that you can't continue to run his trade of falsehood for him because its detrimental to the eternal destiny of your soul.

This is what i have been saying. Before you say someone is acting stup.id you look at yourself first. Better not said.

You did not even give considerations to what the 1st and 2nd heavens are. Which heaven was spoken about in Deut 28:12 that gave rain?

You cannot contradict Jesus with what you think you believe. And again read well. Paul did not say he himself was taken up. He said he knew a man, 2Cor 12:1-5.

You have to cut down your anger towards us. It has clouded your judgment. It will make you sit tight in falsehood because you think frosbel or any of us cannot teach you. That is pride.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 8:23am On May 23, 2013
alexleo:

And nay be Elijah suddenly became a human bird of the heaven by that action. Enoch probably is now in your village since the bible said he did not taste death. Paul must have also lied that he was taken to the third heaven going by your submission. The several places that Jesus talked about hell and its torments haven't you twisted it in you usual satanic manner? You are a merchant of lies. You can't deceive me. Elijah's ministry ended when he ascended to heaven and Elisha took over his mantle. stop your stu.pid and senseless twisting of the scripture. Tell your master satan that you can't continue to run his trade of falsehood for him because its detrimental to the eternal destiny of your soul.

"Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto. And there came a writing to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, Thus saith the LORD God of David thy father, Because thou hast not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah, But hast walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and hast made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to go a whoring, like to the whoredoms of the house of Ahab, and also hast slain thy brethren of thy father’s house, which were better than thyself: Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods:" (2 Chronicles 21:11-14).

I am not the one that wrote that ^.

If you love the truth, you will look more closely and be happy that you are realising more facts, which reduces your errors.

Instead of being angry, make more research.

The bible said that Elijah sent a letter after the chariot have carried him, so, he did not go to heaven.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Mintayo(m): 8:43am On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: .IF YOU THINK I AM FULL OF CRAP ALSO, PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE. OK NOW LETS FINALLY PROVE THAT JESUS IS MICHEAL

actually you are always full of crapfalse teachings!

JUDE VS 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. <<<<< MICHEAL CALLING HIMSELF THE LORD ? AND MAKING REFERENCE TO WHEN HE TOLD SATAN DURING THE TEMPTATION AFTER 40 DAYS FAST THAT THE LORD REBUKE THEE

actually u are also full of crap...pls when did moses died? Are u saying that it was long after Jesus that Micheal contended with satan over moses body?
Again, a born-again 12yrs old boy can tell the devil'the Lord rebuke thee', does that make Him Jesus?
Paul said that "we should rebuke the devil and he will flee from us"!
I can say to d devil also,"the Lord rebuke you"-does that make me Jesus?
Jesus was showing us how to deal with the devil in his temptation!

Heb 1:4. (NIV)
This shows that the Son is far greater than the Angels,just as the name God gave Him is greater than their names.

Heb 1:5. (KJV)
For unto which of the angels said He at anytime, Thou art my Son,this day have i begotten thee? And again,i will be to him a father and he shall be to me a Son?

Vs 14.(NLT).
Therefore angels are only servants-spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.
(KJV call them ministering spirit).

And like i said before, i am greater than the angels and angel Micheal is not Jesus Christ!
Gabriel and Micheal are the most powerful angels!
Gabriel is a messenger angel-he is in charge of message-delivery; while micheal is in charge of battles!
Revelation chapter 12.

NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I THINK THIS MATTER AND ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED FOREVER wink cheesy

very typical of you, always trying to impose ur false teachings on people-but it won't work!
Accept the Holy Spirit-you will need Him to teach you the scriptures-you can't access the LIFE in the Bible with your senses,it does'nt work that way(same for all christain folks on NL).

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 8:49am On May 23, 2013
alexleo:

They are merchants of lies. Watch how they ll twist this one too. The place I quoted about Enoch may be they are still cooking the lies that they ll use to defend that one too. Shameless desperados.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which were seen" (Hebrews 11:1-3).
"By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before him translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
"By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath real foundations, whose builder and maker is God." (Hebrews 11:4-10).

Now, Jesus did not see those ^ people in heaven, though they died hundreds of years befor he came to earth.

But those ^ faithfull men are waiting for a "city having real foundation" whose maker is God.

They all died befor the new covanant that have a promise of a heavenly life.

They await a resurrection in the future:

"The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein forever." (Psalm 37:29).

Enoch is listed with those other men of faith since they all shear the same hope.

That God "translated" him does not mean he went to heaven.

Learn to trust christ, cause in him is "hidden all the treasures of wisdom".
And he said:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:13).

QED.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 9:01am On May 23, 2013
Mintayo:

actually you are always full of crapfalse teachings!

actually u are also full of crap...pls when did moses died? Are u saying that it was long after Jesus that Micheal contended with satan over moses body?
Again, a born-again 12yrs old boy can tell the devil'the Lord rebuke thee', does that make Him Jesus?
Paul said that "we should rebuke the devil and he will flee from us"!
I can say to d devil also,"the Lord rebuke you"-does that make me Jesus?
Jesus was showing us how to deal with the devil in his temptation!

Heb 1:4. (NIV)
This shows that the Son is far greater than the Angels,just as the name God gave Him is greater than their names.

Heb 1:5. (KJV)
For unto which of the angels said He at anytime, Thou art my Son,this day have i begotten thee? And again,i will be to him a father and he shall be to me a Son?

Vs 14.(NLT).
Therefore angels are only servants-spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.
(KJV call them ministering spirit).

And like i said before, i am greater than the angels and angel Micheal is not Jesus Christ!
Gabriel and Micheal are the most powerful angels!
Gabriel is a messenger angel-he is in charge of message-delivery; while micheal is in charge of battles!
Revelation chapter 12.

very typical of you, always trying to impose ur false teachings on people-but it won't work!
Accept the Holy Spirit-you will need Him to teach you the scriptures-you can't access the LIFE in the Bible with your senses,it does'nt work that way(same for all christain folks on NL).

https://www.nairaland.com/1103279/michael-archangel-really-jesus-revelation

^ Read!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2013
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Mintayo(m): 9:21am On May 23, 2013
frosbel:
Indeed MAN is a Soul because he has a Body with a spirit ( God's breath ), no ?
smiley

No,man is a spirit, and he has a soul, and and he lives in a body!

I am a spirit being,i am not 'soulish being'!

And God said,Let us make man in our own image,after our likeness:...
So God created man in His own image,in the image of God created he him...
-Gen 1:26-27.

Man is a spirit being. He is made in the likeness of God-(who is a Spirit)-John 4:24.

Man is a spirit,he has a soul and he lives in a physical body. (i Thess. 5:23).
The spirit man don't die-it is eternal!
The Spirit of man is the part that is born again. It is the part of man that recieves eternal life- which is the nature and life of God!
The spirit and soul are not the same!
With your body,you contact the physical realm.
With your spirit you contact the spirit realm.
With your soul(mind) you contact the intellectual realm.

The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inwards parts of the belly.
Prov 20:27.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God,they are the sons of God...Romans 8:14.

You can't afford to be led by your soul(intellects), you can access God with your soul-you ahve to be led by the Spirit.

I am a spirit being; i have a soul and i am embedded in a body!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Mintayo(m): 9:58am On May 23, 2013
truthislight:
https://www.nairaland.com/1103279/michael-archangel-really-jesus-revelation
^ Read!

you don't knw me-i am not the type that depend on people interpretations of the scriptures!
I am not the type that sit back and let some 'elders' determine my understanding of the Word of God!
I allow the writer(Holy Spirit) of the Word,teach me His Word-i dnt go by what anybody says-either a pastor or whoever-i go by what the Bible says-and NOTHING or NOBODY can change that!
The Bible tells me JESUS is not an angel and i am going to believe that!

Shalom
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 23, 2013
Mintayo:

No,man is a spirit, and he has a soul, and and he lives in a body!

I am a spirit being,i am not 'soulish being'!

And God said,Let us make man in our own image,after our likeness:...
So God created man in His own image,in the image of God created he him...
-Gen 1:26-27.

Man is a spirit being. He is made in the likeness of God-(who is a Spirit)-John 4:24.

Man is a spirit,he has a soul and he lives in a physical body. (i Thess. 5:23).
The spirit man don't die-it is eternal!
The Spirit of man is the part that is born again. It is the part of man that recieves eternal life- which is the nature and life of God!
The spirit and soul are not the same!
With your body,you contact the physical realm.
With your spirit you contact the spirit realm.
With your soul(mind) you contact the intellectual realm.

The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inwards parts of the belly.
Prov 20:27.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God,they are the sons of God...Romans 8:14.

You can't afford to be led by your soul(intellects), you can access God with your soul-you ahve to be led by the Spirit.

I am a spirit being; i have a soul and i am embedded in a body!

Let me ask you a few questions :

1. Can you show us from the beginning in Genesis , a clear account of the separate creation of a spirit being called MAN , before the actual body was formed from the dust.

2. Is GOD still creating spirits for MAN at each conception of a Human

3. If we are Soul , Spirit and Body, what happens to the Spirit after death ,seeing that the Body returns to the dust and the soul to your heaven or hell.

Thanks.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2013
Boomark:

satan did not conquer Jesus with his twisted scripture. They have shown you where Jesus said no one has ascended into heaven. Where Elijah wrote to a king. Of all these things you have nothing to say.

When i ask questions people disappear. Most of you have stopped talking to me because they think my questions does not add value to the falsehood your holding unto.

Untill you start having answers to what you believe people will not believe. If you want, shout desperado, satan, pit of hell and hell fire till tomorrow it will not help.

Whatever is twisted can still be subdued by the word. But whatever is not twisted, you can't subdue.

Carry your useless explanations and get out of my way. Did that place he quoted suggest that the letter was written by Elijah after his assension or you are just talking rubbish? You people are just messing up. Your questions and points are irrelevant just like that of Ijawkid that's why I don't respond to it so don't even think you are raising very strong points that I can't confront. No matter how I attack your master frosbel I still respond to him. That will show you I don't avoid people's point because they are anti hell whatever but because of the way the person argues.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 10:10am On May 23, 2013
Deeperlife and Apostolic faith churches, both boasting on how holy their sect is , how perfect their doctrines are , and yet all we see from them are insults, pride and a serious handicap when diving the word of GOD.

A good reason brethren , why you should and must flee from the cults of MEN , ask GOD for wisdom, Pray and read/meditate on the word of GOD day and night, testing all spirits, proving all things and holding ONLY onto that which is sound doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 23, 2013
frosbel:
ask GOD for wisdom, Pray and read/meditate on the word of GOD day and night, testing all spirits, proving all things and holding ONLY onto that which is sound doctrine.

YEAH..and that is what we did and we found out and are telling you with convictions in our hrts that this your doctrine is from the pit of hell.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 12:12pm On May 23, 2013
frosbel: Deeperlife and Apostolic faith churches, both boasting on how holy their sect is , how perfect their doctrines are , and yet all we see from them are insults, pride and a serious handicap when diving the word of GOD.

A good reason brethren , why you should and must flee from the cults of MEN , ask GOD for wisdom, Pray and read/meditate on the word of GOD day and night, testing all spirits, proving all things and holding ONLY onto that which is sound doctrine.

Shut up if you don't have anthing to say. You think am a proud fellow like you. Face me and stop making a fool of yourself by leaving me to attack churches. Anti church madness cannot save you. If you think there is any day I ll agree with your false stand on this very issue then you are joking. This is the only issue I have not learnt any good thing from you because there is nothing to learn. This is one issue that I ve had several heated argument with you and I won't stop and allow you spread the poison.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 23, 2013
alexleo:

Shut up if you don't have anthing to say. You think am a proud fellow like you. Face me and stop making a fool of yourself by leaving me to attack churches. Anti church madness cannot save you.

is this the Spirit of Christ

"And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." - 2 Timothy 2:24
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 1:01pm On May 23, 2013
frosbel:

1. Can you show us from the beginning in Genesis , a clear account of the separate creation of a spirit being called MAN , before the actual body was formed from the dust.

3. If we are Soul , Spirit and Body, what happens to the Spirit after death ,seeing that the Body returns to the dust and the soul to your heaven or hell.

Thanks.
yes bro am responding bc its you, others are just abusing ppl and am not good at that. Now this is where God created the spirit(man) and the the body(man) Gen 1:20-22, pls am using phone so just check it, this was when God createm ONLY the spirit man, how did i know? Ok lets open to Gen2:4-5befor any plant of the field was in the earth and befor any berb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, AND THERE WAS NO MAN TO TILL THE GROUND;. How can that be? When God had createt man in gen1:21? That was bc the man was a spirit being and had to wait for God to form the body. Now this was when God created the physical/body(man) in verse 7, and the Lord God formed man of the dust of the earth, AND BREATHEDITO HIS NOSTRILS(inject the spirit man into the body) the breath of life and man became a living being; gen 2:7 pls read up to 9 you will discover that all the things that were createt in Gen1 were in the spirit. God bless sir.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2013
frosbel:

is this the Spirit of Christ

"And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." - 2 Timothy 2:24

And the falsehood you are spreading is it the spirit of Christ?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 9:41pm On May 23, 2013
frosbel:

Thanks.

it seems u r d unpersuadable opinionated type.
If God's wrd cant persuade - thn ur in a hopeless state and hav willfully chosen 2 plow about in darkness.
Ur questions bother on willful obstinacy.

Somebody points u to d new testament verses showg u tht man is tripartite like God is yet u turn a blind eye to ask anoda question on d same issue!
In d same new testament it says d body wtout d spirit is dead!
U want sb to show u how a spirit looks or feels like first.
If ur a non christian ur blindness cud b understandable but fr one wu professes christianity ur pathtc.
All a chrstian cn do is shw u frm d wrd . D wrd is d fnl arbiter more authortatve thn any other evdence includg ur five senses or science.

Ur question 3 is daftness.
"if we are body soul and spirit what....".
Thessalonians says u are body soul and spirit, there is no if.
U either say the bible is a lie (whch doesnt chnge it. ) or u take it as d truth and chnge ur thnkg.
Wat happens to d soul and spirit after death, havg a satisfactory answer to this question doesnt
make the bible verses more tru.

Question2:
theres a verse in job sayg,
there is a spirit in man,

theres a verse sayg d spirit of man is d candle of d lord

theres a verse in thessalonians sayg God bless your spirit,soul,body.
In ur thnkg wud God give a select ppl spirits and others none?

Ur question 1 is a leadg question.
D bible isnt written to suite u.
D bible is silent about how d spirit of man is created.
Can u say by ur twsted logc,tht man isnt related to adam and partake of adam's sin simply cuz God doesnt form human beings from dust anymore?
If man is created in Gods image,wat prt of man is mor like God being tht God doesnt occupy a physcl body?

Do a lil thnkg dude.
If u want to call d scriptures lies do so plainly instead of arguing on after d bible has answered ur questions.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 10:23pm On May 23, 2013
I'm just wondering why there's no mention of hell fire in the Old Testament. How come the idea of this eternal place of torment suddenly spring up in the New Testament as claimed by our flesh burning fanatics. Did God suddenly have a light bulb moment and decide to create hell fire? If that's the case, will he apply retroactive justice to sinners from the Old Testament? Or is the God of the Old Testament different from the New Testament one?

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 10:23pm On May 23, 2013
ijawkid:

Ahhh I sÉe.....just up above the story of the rich man and lazarus which is the first verse of luke 16 the parable had its introductory part as ""a certain man" and immediately after that you expect me to read the story of the rich and lazarus which had the same begiNning and then discard it as a parable??....

NO WAY my bro...it doesn't work that way....and so I ask should I discarÐ the stories of the prodigal son and the rest that had the same introductory pattern as parables??..........the reason why you're on about this story being a real life story is because you have fixed your thoughts on just wicked persons suffering in Hell and nothing else....

Now may I ask you mr hell fire apologist :::....

1..Was the rich man a wicked man to deserve been burnt up in Hell??......

2...What did lazarus do to deserve being in heaven??...

3...Besides was lazarus in heaven??....

More questions are coming but this would do.....

Since you're quick to say that this story isn't a parable then be ready to give full explanation of it.......

mr. No hell fire apologist.
Ur only basis for claimg tht the richman vs lazarus story is a parable is because it had a familiar phrase "a certain ".
But let me show u d phrasg used for u to judge.

kjv.
The good samaritan:
"a certain man ..." luke10v30.

the parable of d great banquet:
luke14v16:
"A certain man ..." KJv
the prodigal son:
luke15v11:

"a certain man..." kjv

the rchman and lazarus:
luke16v19:
"there WAS a certain rich man..."
v20:
"amd there WAS a certain beggar NAMED .."

y was there a change in phrasg?
And Y did a fictitious character in d 'parable' hav a name?

Was it Jesus character to assign fictotious names to characters in his parable to spice up d story?
Y ddnt he assign som false name to d character in d prodgl son, d chrcter in d weddg banquet, d character in d good samaritan?
Yet with d rich man and lazarus he ddnt stop at sayg beggar but mentioned his name?

Bring ur brains wt u. Wen u com to argue scriptures,

questions 1,2 r meanngless because d Bible is silent on his atrocity so no one can manufacture dat infrmation u seek.
It meangless cuz d answer to it doesnt change d scripture or make it more true.

Is abraham's bossom heaven?
The answer to this question cannot b inferred frm d bible verses neither does change d story. But usg ur senses u can conjecture wat it is?
A place of rest.peace. Comfrt to a departed soul.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 23, 2013
nep2ra: I'm just wondering why there's no mention of hell fire in the Old Testament. How come the idea of this eternal place of torment suddenly spring up in the New Testament as claimed by our flesh burning fanatics. Did God suddenly have a light bulb moment and decide to create hell fire? If that's the case, will he apply retroactive justice to sinners from the Old Testament? Or is the God of the Old Testament a different one from the one of a New Testament?

I am afraid , this question like many will go unanswered.

No matter which way you look at it, it is both morally , logically and scripturally impossible for an eternal place of nonstop torment to exist.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 10:28pm On May 23, 2013
nep2ra: I'm just wondering why there's no mention of hell fire in the Old Testament. How come the idea of this eternal place of torment suddenly spring up in the New Testament as claimed by our flesh burning fanatics. Did God suddenly have a light bulb moment and decide to create hell fire? If that's the case, will he apply retroactive justice to sinners from the Old Testament? Or is the God of the Old Testament from the New Testament one?

u dnt knw d bible yet u make conlusve statemnts.

"all d nations tht forget God shall b turned into Hell" a verse in psalms.

Wen some families contested the authority of Moses, the ground opened swallowing them alive..

Verses in proverbs sayng hell is beneath..

Ur question reeks of d ignorance in u. Do som research b4 typing off.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 10:35pm On May 23, 2013
^^^ You mean the Aramaic word Sheol meaning grave, often translated hell.

You seriously need education.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 23, 2013
[quote author=Tpfkakambo]

I am not persuaded by emotion , sentiment and tradition , even if that tradition extends as far back as a thousand years.

If God's wrd cant persuade - thn ur in a hopeless state and hav willfully chosen 2 plow about in darkness.

Lol, keep your empty threats to yourself.

Somebody points u to d new testament verses showg u tht man is tripartite like God is yet u turn a blind eye to ask anoda question on d same issue!

And you are still unable to show us from the account of creation which was from the beginning , how this tripartite being was made to your exact specifications.

Read Gen 2:7 again.

The Body without the spirit means the Body without the breath of life, which God originally put into MAN at the beginning of creation.

spirit in this case does not represent the MAN , but the God supplied life which provides MAN with life and consciousness.

Let's get our lexicon , shall we.

pneuma: wind, spirit
Original Word: πνεῦμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: pneuma
Phonetic Spelling: (pnyoo'-mah)
Short Definition: wind, breath, spirit
Definition: wind, breath, spirit.

Your error originates from the wrong translation of spirit into person instead of life.

There are other instances where spirit refers to a person as in the case with angels and GOD.

"And he says of the angels, "He makes his angels spirits and his ministers a flame of fire," - Hebrews 1:7

If ur a non christian ur blindness cud b understandable but fr one wu professes christianity ur pathtc.
All a chrstian cn do is shw u frm d wrd . D wrd is d fnl arbiter more authortatve thn any other evdence includg ur five senses or science.

Try and be objective in this discussion, do not bring your subjective feelings and understanding into it.

Wrong, this is the exact wording as per scripture :

"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." - 1 Thessalonians 5:23

1. The spirit in this instance is the life of GOD in us, our consciousness or inner man, it is not a separate person.

2. The body is our flesh made from dust.

3. The soul is the whole MAN, hence the phrase used "through and through" , which signifies the MAN in his or her entirety , or wholesome MAN.

U either say the bible is a lie (whch doesnt chnge it. ) or u take it as d truth and chnge ur thnkg.
Wat happens to d soul and spirit after death, havg a satisfactory answer to this question doesnt

I need an answer, stop beating around the bush. If the body returns to the ground, and the soul goes to hell or heaven, what happens to the spirit ? This is a valid question that deserves a valid response.

Question2:

theres a verse sayg d spirit of man is d [quote]candle of d lord

"The human spirit is the lamp of the LORD that sheds light on one's inmost being." - Proverbs 20:27

spirit in this cases means breath or life , the gift of GOD which brings MAN into conscious existence.

neshamah: breath
Original Word: נְשָׁמָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: neshamah
Phonetic Spelling: (nesh-aw-maw')
Short Definition: breath

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 23, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

u dnt knw d bible yet u make conlusve statemnts.

"all d nations tht forget God shall b turned into Hell" a verse in psalms.

Wen some families contested the authority of Moses, the ground opened swallowing them alive..

Verses in proverbs sayng hell is beneath..

Ur question reeks of d ignorance in u. Do som research b4 typing off.

If you guys took a deep breath , calmed down and exhibited some humility, maybe we can learn together, unfortunately you think you know it all and are therefore unwilling to learn.

Why do you guys resort to abuse when you start to lose an argument ?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Pygru: 10:47pm On May 23, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

Question2:

theres a verse sayg d spirit of man is d candle of d lord

theres a verse in thessalonians sayg God bless your spirit,soul,body.
In ur thnkg wud God give a select ppl spirits and others none?

Ur question 1 is a leadg question.
D bible isnt written to suite u.
D bible is silent about how d spirit of man is created.
Can u say by ur twsted logc,tht man isnt related to adam and partake of adam's sin simply cuz God doesnt form human beings from dust anymore?
If man is created in Gods image,wat prt of man is mor like God being tht God doesnt occupy a physcl body?

Do a lil thnkg dude.
If u want to call d scriptures lies do so plainly instead of arguing on after d bible has answered ur questions.
pls, try reduce this your abbreviations.
Abeg
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 10:53pm On May 23, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]
ur subjectivity @ work again.
U seem confused abt wat a spirit is and its destination.

Let me ask u?
If the spirit isnt d Man, then wat becomes a new creature @ salvation?

Why does d NT refer to it as d "Hidden Man" of d heart?

You call it an essence?
But the bible says it prays?
Still confused?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 23, 2013
Tpfkakambo:
ur subjectivity @ work again.
U seem confused abt wat a spirit is and its destination.

Let me ask u?
If the spirit isnt d Man, then wat becomes a new creature @ salvation?

Why does d NT refer to it as d "Hidden Man" of d heart?

You call it an essence?
But the bible says it prays?
Still confused?

Reference my detailed response to your original comment above. smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 11:01pm On May 23, 2013
frosbel:

If you guys took a deep breath , calmed down and exhibited some humility, maybe we can learn together, unfortunately you think you know it all and are therefore unwilling to learn.

Why do you guys resort to abuse when you start to lose an argument ?

ok. Moderator.
His question reeked of WISDOM!
U shud decipher btw an abuse and a strng wrd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man? / I Will Die Very Soon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.