Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? (27285 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church – By Rodolfo Aceved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 22, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

the parables in d bible never strted with "there was a certain man except for the parable of d prodgl son and d shrewd manager,the good samaritan, and d great banquet". This is not suffcient justication for a parable.

Except , and then you went on to list quite a few other parables grin

Anyway, I will take it that you are a honest student of the bible, in which case, can you kindly help me assess the statement below :

According to the members of the HELL club, when a man or woman dies in sin, they immediately descend to HELL , which though prepared for the devil and his angels , contains ONLY Human Beings.

In other words, while the devil roams the earth, blissfully causing mayhem, the HELL which was prepared for him is ONLY inhabited by MEN and WOMEN.

Think about this for a moment, does it really make sense ?

Secondly , there are Two Hells if we are to believe that sinners go to HELL after death. The Lake of Fire is also called HELL in the bible. So tell us , which of these hells was created for the devil and his angels, which HELL was Jesus referring to.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Boomark(m): 5:34pm On May 22, 2013
alexleo:

Get thee behind me satan.

hahaha! I no fit shout. Waited for this answer. We have seen those rejecting the word with "Get thee behind me satan."

SMH!!!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Boomark(m): 5:56pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

Funny enough , the JW you keep tagging in your comments , are more on point with some of the key bible doctrines.

JWs dey mercy for them. If i were them, i would be asking these people questions that will always shut their mouth. But they have chosen to be answering peoples questions for teaching sake.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2013
@ijaw kid

wuld death b tormented ...

Does it matter.? Death and hell wuld b packd in2 d same can-d lake of fire.
D bible shows death is a spiritual force or entity.
E.g in romans, paul says- Oh death where is your sting . Oh grave where is ur vctory.

The last enemy to b put under foot is death.
So death is an entity and not Gods will.

"y thnk ppl wil b burng literally for all eternity..."
i'm not reasng out d wrd here so my opinions carry no weight.
Rev19v14: then death and hades were thrwn int d lake of fire.
(tht's clear enuff or u wnt me to interprete it as I deem fit? Throw is throw, into is into lake is lake . D n h were thrown into LoF. He kicked d ball over d bar, u undastand tht but this one is givg u headache!)

v14b"the lake of fire is d second death".
V15 "if anyones name was not found written in the book of Life , he was thrown into the lake of fire.

(need further exposition?)
LoF is d second death. So d second death isnt eternal rigor mortis. But sth mor dynamc.

Wen it said hell will b thrwn into into d lake of fire,wat is tht hell?
Its d hell d rich man in d story of lazarus went to at death.
Its d hell Jesus spoke about, where their wrms never die out.

"where is d place for resurrection?"
tht i ddnt mention resurrection doesnt mean i doubt it. Str8tn ur thnkg.
Read ur bible to clear out the confusion.
Theyll b a resurrection of the livg and d dead. It doesnt affct their abode in heavn or hell-temporary stations.
The rapture will hav d dead in christ rise frst then the saints follow second. Simple, departed saints are sent back into their bodies, then they ascend.
Livg saints have their bodies transformed and they rise too.
The sinner dead will resurrect after d millenial reign to face d great white throne judgement.
They too will take on their bodies
. Spirits will b united with bodies then dispatched to final locations.

"if satan was thrwn to earth wat kingdom are talkg about"?

Again. Read the bible (and some gud christian books )

everything above and including earth's atmosphere is categorized as heaven in d scripture.
I.e atmosphere..
So God's heaven is above, the cloud and sky is above and in between God's abode and d physcal heaven-sky ,clouds, is satan's kingdom.
Satan has a kingdom anyway. The bible says Jesus has delivered us from d KINGDOM of DARKNESS into the KINGDOM of His dear son.
So satan has a kingdom ,its not allegorical prose,fro wch he operates to control humanity.
There are highly organized spirit forces with ranks , hierarchies and officers see ephesians 6 .
Also see d story of daniel where his prayer was delayed by d prince of persia.
Satan was thrown out of heaven to earth, doesn mean he was given authority over d earth.
Earth is beneath heaven so wen he was kicked out of heaven he fell dwn to a lower realm. Earth.

"dyu know Jesus went to Hell?"
yes. because Jesus bcame sin, he @ death sunk dwn to hell . Just as wud b d case of som1 wu died in their sins.
Again, notice tht Jesus was in hell while his body was in a tomb.
Provg tht spirits dnt hang around at death.

Adam and eve sinned , if they dnt burn then who amng mankind deserves to burn"

read romans 5v12-end.
Esp vrse 18 ,19.
It answers ths question.

"wen adam and eve sinned wat did God say will happen to them?"
God said they'll die. But u interprete death narrowly.
Death means absence of life.
Y absence of life? Cuz God is Life. Unplugging from Life eventually leads to death.
And death in tht verse is all encompassg: first no spiritual life.God wasnt in man's spirit,
the body dies cuz the spirit doesnt hav eternal life,
mental death,dullness retardation,
emotional death,anxiety,worry,depression lack of peace,
material death: toil with little profit, lack of basic livg necessities.
Marital death: disruption,divorce etc
business Failure:
busnesses collapse , bankcruptcy etc
in essence once man disconncts frm God thru sin, life countdwn begins.
Planet death:
plants die, crops die etc poor ground yield

death transcended physcal death.
Physcl death is caused by spiritual death.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Boomark(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2013
obadiah777: I SEE YOU ARE HERE BEING A REPROBATE AGAIN ? OF COURSE JESUS IS ARCH-ANGEL MICHEAL

Don't mind him, he was not there when we were reasoning from the scripture. He should go and read from that thread.

I was in initially in the opposition party before i decamped. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 22, 2013
obadiah777: LMAO. NOW I KNOW YOU ARE DRUNK ON SHEKPE. NOW LET ME PROVE ONCE AND FOR ALL TO EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT JESUS IS MICHEAL. IF YOU SUPPORT THIS POST AND HAVE BEEN EDIFIED BY THIS POST, PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE. IF YOU THINK I AM FULL OF CRAP ALSO, PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE. OK NOW LETS FINALLY PROVE THAT JESUS IS MICHEAL

JUDE VS 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. <<<<< MICHEAL CALLING HIMSELF THE LORD ? AND MAKING REFERENCE TO WHEN HE TOLD SATAN DURING THE TEMPTATION AFTER 40 DAYS FAST THAT THE LORD REBUKE THEE

NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I THINK THIS MATTER AND ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED FOREVER wink cheesy
<<< DO YOU AGREE WITH THAT BOOKMARK wink

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 6:43pm On May 22, 2013
alexleo:

Your points are useless, baseless and empty so there is nothing to think about in it. You people are just deceiving yourselves with this satanic teachings.
grin

lol.

This bros funny die. Lol.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Boomark(m): 7:30pm On May 22, 2013
obadiah777:
obadiah777: LMAO. NOW I
KNOW YOU ARE DRUNK ON
SHEKPE. NOW LET ME PROVE
ONCE AND FOR ALL TO
EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT
JESUS IS MICHEAL. IF YOU
SUPPORT THIS POST AND HAVE
BEEN EDIFIED BY THIS POST,
PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE. IF YOU
THINK I AM FULL OF CRAP ALSO,
PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE. OK
NOW LETS FINALLY PROVE THAT
JESUS IS MICHEAL
JUDE VS 9 Yet Michael the
archangel, when contending
with the devil he disputed
about the body of Moses, durst
not bring against him a railing
accusation, but said, The Lord
rebuke thee. <<<<< MICHEAL
CALLING HIMSELF THE LORD ?
AND MAKING REFERENCE TO
WHEN HE TOLD SATAN DURING
THE TEMPTATION AFTER 40
DAYS FAST THAT THE LORD
REBUKE THEE
NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I
THINK THIS MATTER AND ISSUE
HAS BEEN RESOLVED FOREVER

<<< DO YOU AGREE WITH THAT BOOKMARK wink

Have you forgotten how i brought you into my new party? Cos you came late and refuse to read all the 40 pages(recommend by truthislight) even as you disagreed with us.

The contention between Michael and satan over Moses' body(not bone/skeleton) was not after Jesus' 40 day fasting.

It happened when Moses died and nobody was around to bury him. Michael defeated satan by saying "may Jehovah rebuke you." God buried Moses by himself, Deut 34:6.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by ijawkid(m): 7:35pm On May 22, 2013
Tpfkakambo:

the parables in d bible never strted with "there was a certain man except for the parable of d prodgl son and d shrewd manager,the good samaritan, and d great banquet". This is not suffcient justication for a parable.
All others began wth: he told thm a parable, the kingdom of God is like,etc.
Parables are wrd pictures Jesus used to teach a spiritual fact.
The parable of d banquet illustrated d kingdom of God.
The prodgl son illustrates wat Jesus said in the parable of d lost coin, there is joy wen a lost sinner returns,
the gud samaritan was used to demonstrate wat lov is.and to correct a bigoted lawyer wu wanted to justify himself.
Luke10V29.
V30. "in replyg jesus said:.."
Jesus' parable were 99 percnt about wat the kingdom of God /heaven is like.
He never used actual names..
There was a moral to it.

On d other hand, the rch man and lazarus gave wasnt a moral story
or about d kingdom of heaven,
and cited ACTUAL PEOPLE , abraham, so if it was a parable Jesus was lyng!
Jesus never used death , hell to teach a parable.
Jesus used illustrations the ppl were already familiar with to teach illustrate spiritual thngs.
Like . The sower,isreal was agrarian.
The lost sheep, the weeds,
the banquet,
the lost son,
the wheat nd tares,
the mustard seed,
the talents
the sheep and goat
the ten virgins
the vineyard
etc
because d ppl cud realte with these. He kept it simple. Y wud he break his princple of keepng it simple and relatve to concoct sth like the rchman and lazarus?
because tht wasnt a parable!

How can the boldeÐ not be enough Évidence to show that the introductory part of the story of the rich man and lazarus is a parable??........it is obvious that it is......how can the parable of the shrewd manager which started luke chapter 16 and with the same ""there was a certain rich man"" be a parable and the succeeding story of the rich man and lazarus that started the same way not be a parable??........please how??............

Can we also agree that the parable of the shrewd manager and the prodigal son aren't parables too??.....

Please take a look at how Jesus started this parable too.......

Luke 13:6

6 Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig
tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to
look for fruit on it but did not find any. ....

If you still insist that the story of the rich man and lazarus isn't a parable then I have questions for you which in your wildest dreams you might not be able to answer...........

Are you ready??
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 7:43pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel: ^^

You are a very good example of the immense damage cults are doing to our youth , when we suspend our ability to reason out the scriptures, we end up as easy prey for the deception of MEN. I hope one day , your eyes will be open.

Of course I can't follow your idiotic teachings of no hell bla bla bla. No doubt, satan has blindfolded and caged you with this evil doctrine, using you to deceive the weak minded that's why its hard for you to break away. I hope your eyes will open one day. Quite a pity what pride can do to a person.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 22, 2013
alexleo:

Of course I can't follow your idiotic teachings of no hell bla bla bla. No doubt, satan has blindfolded and caged you with this evil doctrine, using you to deceive the weak minded that's why its hard for you to break away. I hope your eyes will open one day. Quite a pity what pride can do to a person.
someone that says man is not made of spirit, soul and body. how can he understand simple biblical explanation about hell? SMH!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 22, 2013
alexleo:

My eyes opened when I left your cult and the likes .

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 22, 2013
Bidam: someone that says man is not made of spirit, soul and body. how can he understand simple biblical explanation about hell? SMH!

Indeed MAN is a Soul because he has a Body with a spirit ( God's breath ), no ?

smiley

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 8:33pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel:

My eyes opened when I left your cult and the likes .

smiley

Your eyes are of course beholding the false doctrine designed by satan. And here you are in the his cult doing exploits for him. See how he is having a field day in your life. What a pity, what a shame. Thank God there are people here who have refused to join your satanic cult. Who are standing on the truth of the bible.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 8:56pm On May 22, 2013
Bidam: someone that says man is not made of spirit, soul and body. how can he understand simple biblical explanation about hell? SMH!

My dear this agents of satan are twisting the bible. They stu.pidly quote the scriptures and give it satanic interpretation. See how one of their agents said that Elijah didn't actually ascend into heaven just because the place I quoted destroyed his evil plan of trying to manipulate the scripture he quoted to drive his devilish teaching. He explained the heaven Elijah was taken to as just the sky where plane and birds fly. Very deperate and shameless people. Heaven has suddenly had several interpretations same way they interpreted hell because their idiotic teaching must be propagated. Hopeless beings.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 22, 2013
alexleo:

My dear this agents of satan are twisting the bible. They stu.pidly quote the scriptures and give it satanic interpretation. See how one of their agents said that Elijah didn't actually ascend into heaven just because the place I quoted destroyed his evil plan of trying to manipulate the scripture he quoted to drive his devilish teaching. He explained the heaven Elijah was taken to as just the sky where plane and birds fly. Very deperate and shameless people. Heaven has suddenly had several interpretations same way they interpreted hell because their idiotic teaching must be propagated. Hopeless beings.
Don't mind them my brother.Jesus came from the Father because He was with the Father from the very beginning John 1:1..If Not so how did David knew to call Him Lord? How did Paul also knew to call Him Lord when he encountered Him on the road to Damascus? They are yet to tell us why Paul paid a visit to the third heavens.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Pygru: 9:12pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

Funny enough , the JW you keep tagging in your comments , are more on point with some of the key bible doctrines.

frosbel: If you are a Jehovah's Witness please understand that I am not against you as an individual. I am not an apostate from the Watchtower organization and, of course, I was never baptized as a Jehovah's Witness. However, when I was 17, I studied with the Jehovah's Witnesses for a couple of months, but quit. Unfortunately, they used the Watchtower Magazine equally, and sometime more than the Bible and they couldn't answer all my questions. All I wanted to study was the Bible since that is God's word.
As a Jehovah's Witness you have been taught from the Bible and the Watchtower organization. You’ve attended numerous meetings, and are convinced that what you believe is the truth. You also believe the Trinity is a demonic doctrine and that Christendom isan apostate group preaching a false gospel. Additionally, you are taught the Watchtower organization is the true channel of God’s revelation to His church on earth. You are taught that you are in"The Truth."
But believing it does not make it so. I am sure you agree with this and respond by saying that your beliefs are in agreement with the Bible. After all, you study it deeplyand often and have validated your beliefs with the word of God. I don’t deny that you study. But when you study, you study under the Watchtower's guidance and allow it to shape your understanding and thinking of the Bible and its doctrines.
Please consider these quotes from the Watchtower Magazine that verify what I am saying:
"All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel ofcommunication, the faithful and discreet slave."1
"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible."2
In short, you are led by what the Watchtower says the Bible says. But if the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is from God, then,
Why has it made false prophecies?
Why has it altered the translation of the Bible?
Why does the Watchtower say you will fallinto apostasy if you read the Bible without the Watchtower? See their quotes
Why are you not allowed to examine yourown organization and its problems?
Why does it tell you what to think and do?
Have you checked the documentation from the Watchtower Magazine? How do you know that the Watchtower is correct?Because it says it is?
Please don’t be offended by this. But when a group claims to be the prophet ofGod, yet mistranslates the Bible, takes verses out of context, makes false prophecies, and misquotes authorities all to make its position valid, its credibility is lost. It cannot be from God.
But you will never know that unless you"examine ALL things." Unfortunately, as a Jehovah's Witness, you are only encouraged to study what the Watchtower and Awake magazines tell you to study. That means you can't really check up on its false prophecies on your own. Instead, you must trust what it tells you about its own false prophecies. In addition, you are instructed to not take any literature from "apostate Christendom." This way, you will have far less opportunity to be challenged, something the Watchtower organization doesn't want to happen.
The Watchtower Magazine teaches by asking the questions and giving the answers. Sometimes it even uses a Bible reference (often out of context) to back up what it says. It all looks good and sounds good from your perspective. But it is a false method of study. The Watchtower organization tells you what to think and what to do; if you say that isn't true and that the Watchtower Organization is God's organization on earth, then you are simply repeating whatthe Watchtower tells you.
https://www.nairaland.com/723532/jehovahs-witness-please-read-first
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by ijawkid(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2013
alexleo:

Please alex....when Jesus said no " NO man has ascended into heaven" was he on shekpe??....

Was Jesus smoking marijuana when he made that confirmatory statement about who was in heaven and who wasn't ??.......or is it that when Jesus was descending or was in heaven elijah sneaked in without his notice??.....

Please don't quickly term the comments of people as rubbish when you have not considered all the facts.......

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 9:44pm On May 22, 2013
Bidam: Don't mind them my brother.Jesus came from the Father because He was with the Father from the very beginning John 1:1..If Not so how did David knew to call Him Lord? How did Paul also knew to call Him Lord when he encountered Him on the road to Damascus? They are yet to tell us why Paul paid a visit to the third heavens.

They are merchants of lies. Watch how they ll twist this one too. The place I quoted about Enoch may be they are still cooking the lies that they ll use to defend that one too. Shameless desperados.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Please alex....when Jesus said no " NO man has ascended into heaven" was he on shekpe??....

Was Jesus smoking marijuana when he made that confirmatory statement about who was in heaven and who wasn't ??.......or is it that when Jesus was descending or was in heaven elijah sneaked in without his notice??.....

Please don't quickly term the comments of people as rubbish when you have not considered all the facts.......

They guy has stopped thinking.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 11:30pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel:

They guy has stopped thinking.

If thinking means accepting your idiotic and satanic message then I don't need your thinking. What a shameless satanic desperado display. I ll vehemently oppose any satan inspired teaching you bring here. You want to lure people into eternal damnation. You ll fail serially.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 22, 2013
alexleo:

If thinking means accepting your idiotic and satanic message then so be it. What a shameless satanic desperado. I ll vehemently oppose any satan inspired teaching you bring here. You want to lure people into eternal damnation. You ll fail serially.

For a so called Christian you are rude , abusive and always angry, check yourself brother.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 11:40pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel:

For a so called Christian you are rude , abusive and always angry, check yourself brother.

You are worse off with your poisonous message that you are spreading here. Retrace your steps and stop polluting and poisoning weak minds.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 11:43pm On May 22, 2013
alexleo:

What has become of you? grin easy men. grin

when the bible says "birds of heaven", does it refer to the birds in the throne of God? No.

But the birds simply fly in the skies, that is the sense of it.

And, Jesus said this below, who should i belief, between u and Jesus?:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:13).

Elijah did not go to heaven, the throne of God.
cool

the bible does not contradict itself. cool.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 11:56pm On May 22, 2013
truthislight:

What has become of you? grin easy men. grin

when the bible says "birds of heaven", does it refer to the birds in the throne of God? No.

But the birds simply fly in the skies, that is the sense of it.

And, Jesus said this below, who should i belief, between u and Jesus?:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:13).

Elijah did not go to heaven, the throne of God.
cool

the bible does not contradict itself. cool.

And nay be Elijah suddenly became a human bird of the heaven by that action. Enoch probably is now in your village since the bible said he did not taste death. Paul must have also lied that he was taken to the third heaven going by your submission. The several places that Jesus talked about hell and its torments haven't you twisted it in you usual satanic manner? You are a merchant of lies. You can't deceive me. Elijah's ministry ended when he ascended to heaven and Elisha took over his mantle. stop your stu.pid and senseless twisting of the scripture. Tell your master satan that you can't continue to run his trade of falsehood for him because its detrimental to the eternal destiny of your soul.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:01am On May 23, 2013
alexleo:

And nay be Elijah suddenly became a human bird of the heaven by that action. Enoch probably is now in your village since the bible said he did not taste death. Paul must have also lied that he was taken to the third heaven going by your submission. The several places that Jesus talked about hell and its torments haven't you twisted it in you usual satanic manner? You are a merchant of lies. You can't deceive me. Elijah's ministry ended when he ascended to heaven and Elisha took over his mantle. stop your stu.pid and senseless twisting of the scripture. Tell your master satan that you can't continue to run his trade of falsehood for him because its detrimental to the eternal destiny of your soul.

Did your 'perfect' apostle faith church teach you this :

2 Timothy 2:24-25
King James Version (KJV)
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 12:14am On May 23, 2013
frosbel:

Did your 'perfect' apostle faith church teach you this :

2 Timothy 2:24-25
King James Version (KJV)
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

You that claim to be perfect and bible knowledge champion, are you even near the word perfect with your satan filled spirit that makes you twist the bible to suit your flesh? Wash yourself off falsehood, break away from the cult of satan that you belong to with your JW cohorts, speak the truth of the bible and stop messing yourself up. I won't be suprised if you become an atheist tomorrow. You are not far from them and truly, they ve told you this before in one of their thread. Check your life and retrace your steps back to the truth of the bible.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by kambo(m): 12:39am On May 23, 2013
---
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by kambo(m): 12:40am On May 23, 2013
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Tpfkakambo(m): 12:44am On May 23, 2013
ijawkid:

How can the boldeÐ not be enough Évidence to show that the introductory part of the story of the rich man and lazarus is a parable??........it is obvious that it is......how can the parable of the shrewd manager which started luke chapter 16 and with the same ""there was a certain rich man"" be a parable and the succeeding story of the rich man and lazarus that started the same way not be a parable??........please how??............

Can we also agree that the parable of the shrewd manager and the prodigal son aren't parables too??.....

If you still insist that the story of the rich man and lazarus isn't a parable then I have questions for you which in your wildest dreams you might not be able to answer...........

Are you ready??

ijawkid:

Are you ready??

From your logic "once Jesus used the words "there was a certain man" " it was a parable?
What wen Jesus was talking of a man , who existed yet didnt want to mention the man's name what word would he use?
"a certain man"
infact the word "certain" pertains to certainty.
As for you logic,look at the points i proposed...
What was the moral story conveyed in the Richman and lazarus story viz a vis other parables ...
None!! .
The bible justs states that story and ends there..
You are trying to shoe horn scriptures to fit your logic.
Jesus could have used the words , a particular man, a certain man, there was once a man,
to refer to the man in the story of lazarus and the rich man.

I dont want to rehash my old arguments keep an open mind.
Jesus parable either illustrate the operations of the Kingdom.
The true character of a kingdom character - love (parable of the good samaritan), repentance (the prodigal son),
end of days(wheat and tares), salvation (the wedding banquet,the ten virgins),
etc.
What kingdom concept was the story of the rich man and lazarus conveying
and Y would Jesus use the idea of eternal death to convey it?
In all his other parable simplicity was the key, using easily understood illustrations,
what was so complex in the moral (kingdom concept) Jesus was illustrating with the
parable of the rich man and lazarus that He couldnt find an easier fit?

wake up from your delusion.
Real life characters are not necessary to potray a parable,
But Jesus mentioned abraham and Abraham spoke to the rich man!!!
so much for a parable. you wish it were a parable.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by kambo(m): 1:06am On May 23, 2013
--
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by kambo(m): 1:07am On May 23, 2013
----

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man? / I Will Die Very Soon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.