Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? (26354 Views)

Has Pep Guardiola Fail At Bayern Munich? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by nitlad: 9:46pm On May 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Actually it was Mourinho that made El Classico lose it class and turned it to a diving and fighting match unlike the spectacle we are used to seeing

What is the average viewership of El Clasico pre-Mourinho and during Mourinho's time?

4 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:48pm On May 20, 2013
Yello1: mumu talk,who won la liga last season,haba bad belle don finish unaaa.
shut up. I meant champions
League
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 20, 2013
[quote author=yuzedo]I dun get bro, fail? did he right ezam in rill madrid?? undecided[/quote

He failed JAMB! grin grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by escobar07(m): 9:50pm On May 20, 2013
by his high standards, yes.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Freiburger(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2013
I don't think he failed. Look, Spain is broke, anyone who can pay the huge wages that is being demanded by those coaches at the moment should be be able to secure a deal with them.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by delikay4luv: 9:51pm On May 20, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: No. But its now on record that he could not win the la liga after 3 trials
sorry bro. Hatred is not a good thing o. who won d la liga last season
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by 2gbasky22(m): 9:57pm On May 20, 2013
The dude failed WOEFULLY.........he is nt jst leaving R. Madrid worse than he meet it but leaving them i a big mess
1, there is mass disunity in the team
2, beefing the pillars of real madrid as a team was his bigest undoing and it has all crumble on him
3, and he is nt surposed to be be a foothball coach but eighther a boxing, takwando or karate coach
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Iaz93: 9:59pm On May 20, 2013
I can't wait for Chelsea to be drawn with Real Madrid in next season's Champz League . .Ronaldo should just move to Man.utd or Monaco if Ancelotti z nt taking over. Real Madrid is going down. SMH
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 20, 2013
His failure at RM was his inability to clinch the Champions League with them. Is he a diminished coach? NO! Is he a failure? Another NO?
Casillas and his ilk can pat themselves on the back for a job well done. Perhaps he'll retire to a secluded part of the world, say Antartica, where he'll be so depressed he'll commit suicide. Hell No.
Oh, he's coming back with a bang, underrate him at your peril. He's so special, he's the top target for Champions League Cup desperate clubs.
So gloat now, enjoy the moment, haters. It's probably all you've got.

7 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 20, 2013
delikay4luv: sorry bro. Hatred is not a good thing o. who won d la liga last season
According to Oracle Okiki_Oluwa, Espanyol and Osasuna co-won it. They tied on both points and goal difference. But it was definitely not Barça.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 10:03pm On May 20, 2013
[size=16pt]"This was the worst season of my career. For many coaches it would be a good season, but for me it is the worst" - Jose Mourinho
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 10:03pm On May 20, 2013
Andre Uweh: He is a huge success at Madrid. The best Madrid manager since a decade.
Shut the f u c k up. Have you heard of vincent del bosqe?? 2 UCL and 2 laligas in the same time frame as jose. You are prolly a kid who started watching football in 2010.

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:04pm On May 20, 2013
Jose is not the special one, he is the ONLY one. A new generation of Madrid fans grew up to an era of Barcelona dominance over the world(not just over La Liga). Perhaps Madrid are better off without Jose but his work at Madrid will be a foundation towards La decima which i hope would come next year.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 20, 2013
2gbasky22: The dude failed WOEFULLY.........he is nt jst leaving R. Madrid worse than he meet it but leaving them i a big mess
1, there is mass disunity in the team
2, beefing the pillars of real madrid as a team was his bigest undoing and it has all crumble on him
3, and he is nt surposed to be be a foothball coach but eighther a boxing, takwando or karate coach

1.I'm not sure I get the drift of your argument. Is it that there's disunity in the team or that the team is united against the coach. Please clarify.
2. Who are the pillars of the team? Casillas, Ramos, Pepe? What constitutes pillars? I mean, what criteria are used in adjudging this pillarship?
Please respond. Thanks in advance.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 10:09pm On May 20, 2013
Lanspower: I disagree that he failed at Madrid. He is just a perfect example of an ideal coach who makes technical decisons without considering any player or group of players too big. It's a pity that Barca are already declining this time and that might be the only safing grace for Madrid next season and beyond. Not many coach could challenge the brilliance and wide popularity of Barca like Mou. Beleive it or not, La Liga has lost and icon and Elclassico has lost its class!
Please you should stop talking nonsense. No player or coach is bigger than a club. Theres no such thing as El classico has lost its class. Before Mourinho was even born there was elclassico and after him there will still be el classico. The rivalry is bigger than any individual. Mouriho fanboys and bootlickers should get over themselves already!

4 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 10:11pm On May 20, 2013
lucenzo: at least they won a trophy unlike arsenal cheesy cheesy
What does Mouriho's failure, have to do with arsenal?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Blackbody20(m): 10:13pm On May 20, 2013
He tried his best. But believe me, Arsene Wenger will achieve more with the calibre of players Mourinho worked with.

5 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by MyVicky: 10:14pm On May 20, 2013
Hope you read the statement from Perez, ''"The important thing is that we have recovered the level
that we didn't have before...."?
Madrid was far behind Barcelona when Muo came and now Madrid could boast of beating the ''best team in the world'' more than 5 times in 3 years! In about 18 years, Madrid reached UCL semi finals only 5 times, Muo reached UCL semi thrice in 3 years! His league points and goal records are there to stay for a while. Give it to Mou, he didn't fail woefully at Madrid just that he could not accomplish ALL his expectations!

Let's equate soccer to any kind of profession or career you desire or that you desire for your child, what type of child would you prefer? Ferguson, Del Bosque, Keshi, Klopp, Hiddink, Guardiola, Mancini, Wenger, Muorinho, Benitez, Conte, Heynces, Villa Boas, Ancelloti, Simeone.....etc? I'm very sure Muo will not carry last and Muo will always be among the top three. The record speaks

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by pappythinko(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2013
By Real madrid standard, He has failed woefully, i am afraid to admit.. Madrid deserves a better coach than the "arrogant one".... Its a welcome development. hala madrid!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 10:20pm On May 20, 2013
nitlad:

What is the average viewership of El Clasico pre-Mourinho and during Mourinho's time?
Average viewership? You prolly started watching in 2010.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 10:22pm On May 20, 2013
Saying that Mou failed will be unfair and humiliating to those coaches who couldn't get to the semi-finals of the UCL or couldn't come second in the top five Europe leagues.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Evestar200(f): 10:23pm On May 20, 2013
val_dee:

See as you dey murder english, analyst.
correct me lecturer,,cuz me nor knw wetin i write
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by tonididdy(m): 10:24pm On May 20, 2013
lucenzo: at least they won a trophy unlike arsenal cheesy cheesy
says who?...they won 4th place fourphy
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by BrokenTV: 10:25pm On May 20, 2013
chadef: in 3 yrs i think he has done alot in the team. remember the first elclsico with barca, he lost, he went home and built more confidence in the players and from then on. real has been great. they even beat barca two stratight win. he is good
which confidence he taught them how to fight abuse on the pitch believe it or not mou is a failure
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Petbuk123(m): 10:25pm On May 20, 2013
Crap,crap and crap,wat s wrong wth a manager going trophyless a season,he won super cup beating barca bt 4 hm it wasnt an achievement,he may b arrogant bt do u knw mst ppl respect hm wth hs arrogancy,sir alex,wenger,henkys,pellegrini,benitez e.t.c,madrid?wat failure,he won lalig 4 dm,copa del rey and a super cup,telling mst of d big names there if u dnt perform u dnt play,if he hs nt a gud coach u wl knw 4rm porto,chls,inter,madrid,compare hs achvment in d last ten years 2 any manager's,mou i respect u,pple wer crying when i left inter,same at porto and chelsea,why madrid s diff s because spain dont wnt barca 2 b bulldozed

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by tonididdy(m): 10:26pm On May 20, 2013
Blackbody20: He tried his best. But believe me, Arsene Wenger will achieve more with the calibre of players Mourinho worked with.
tai lie...arsene wenger is no coach

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by justsayemma(m): 10:26pm On May 20, 2013
The same people that will say Mancini failed, wil stil say Mou didn't fail in Madrid.
Wit his pedigree,and the players @ his disposal,he failed woefully,just like Mancini.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by pappythinko(m): 10:27pm On May 20, 2013
caukerzee: Shut the f u c k up. Have you heard of vincent del bosqe?? 2 UCL and 2 laligas in the same time phrase as jose. You are prolly a kid who started watching football in 2010.
I surmise you mean to say 'time frame' bruh.... No offence meant.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Hugo7(m): 10:28pm On May 20, 2013
To me 50% is fair to anothers it might be good and to some poor, According to his(mounriho's) "standard" he was a failure
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AndreUweh(m): 10:30pm On May 20, 2013
caukerzee: Shut the f u c k up. Have you heard of vincent del bosqe?? 2 UCL and 2 laligas in the same time phrase as jose. You are prolly a kid who started watching football in 2010.
Monkey, shut up your stinking mouth as you do not know what is a decade.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 10:33pm On May 20, 2013
Mourinho was appointed to win La decima. He didn't so he failed, considering the calibre of players he had.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bournemouth Vs Manchester United (1- 0) On 2nd November 2019 / Chelsea vs Everton (4 - 0) On 8th March 2020 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa EFL Cup (4 - 2) On 10th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.