Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:55 AM

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? (27154 Views)

Has Pep Guardiola Fail At Bayern Munich? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by mankand(m): 10:08am On May 21, 2013
Well based on my own assessment, I did not see Jose as a failure in Real Madrid.

Mourinho may have attitude problems but success follows him everywhere he goes. He had one bad season and Spanish fans and press label him a flop but they refuse to see he broke Barca's dominance while there.

Before coming to Madrid, Madrid and their all stars had a nightmare which was Barca, he came and broke their dominance planting confidence in the players and making them look more fierce. I believe the players are very ungrateful and their pride and ego cost them winning a trophy this season.

Life moves on, he is moving on, the club is moving on as well, he have made his mark, during his last press conference in Inter Milan, before joining Madrid, he said " He wants to face a new challenge, he wants to move to Spain so he can play Barca weekly, he achieved it"

Now it is left for the pride ridden Madrid Players and their fans to produce success after him, after all it took them 17 years before carrying Copa Del Rey in which Jose gave them in one year in charge.

I hope he returns to Inter one day. We fans and the team loves and respect him there
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AjanleKoko: 10:08am On May 21, 2013
A clear, undisputable failure, by Mourinho's own set standards, as well as those of the club.
Semi-finals of the UCL is not an achievement for someone who has won it twice, no?
And this is Madrid we're talking about. 3 semis in a row, and still didn't get to a final. Might as well have been knocked out in the second round tongue
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by boron10(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2013
AjanleKoko: A clear, undisputable failure, by Mourinho's own set standards, as well as those of the club.
Semi-finals of the UCL is not an achievement for someone who has won it twice, no?
And this is Madrid we're talking about. 3 semis in a row, and still didn't get to a final. Might as well have been knocked out in the second round tongue
cool cool cool
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by switchmax8: 10:18am On May 21, 2013
A complete failure he thought he could boss spanish league around the way he did in portugal,epl and italy it was in spain he suffered humiliation of his life time as an interpreter then a coach.it was in spain he lost at home to a club lesser than Wigan and Siena he complained about everything.he talks too much more than he can execute he had the most expensive squad yet,could not win champions league or kings cup.Mourinho is not a coach a glory hunter he goes to club where millions will be splash to buy players he does not know how to grow talent he buys
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 10:35am On May 21, 2013
dayokanu: Let him go back to the EPL where he can boss them around and tag him special one.

In Spain it would be remembered how he was humiliated and whining how they dont love him

Biggest loss of his career was in Spain, First home loss of his career was in Spain
.... And went trophyless for d first time in his entire coaching career in spain.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 10:40am On May 21, 2013
ujchief: Its only chelsea fans that believes he is a special one! Special my foot! He's just an arrogant manager that manages to inflict supporters of any club he goes to with arrogance! He did it with chelsea, and then transferred it to madrid, turning the beautiful El-classico to a game of wrestling, karate and takwaendo!
I'm glad he succeeded in soiling his record at madrid and been forced to eat the humble pie.

I pity for chelsea. He's going to spoil the beautiful football they've adopted for some time now, moving cohesively with the ball, building an attack and troubling the defense. Now, its going to be a kick-and-follow pattern which is only going to favor Essien, Lampard and Mikel; I pity the likes of Hazard, Mata and Oscar that moves with the ball. And for Torres, you're gone! Ba is likely to adopt to Jose's style than Torres.

#always United#
Yeszur!!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by BERNIMOORE: 10:41am On May 21, 2013
can anybody read this quote below, it sounds like recitation songs being sang by pupils;
he came and broke their dominance planting confidence in the players and making them look more fierce. I believe the players are very ungrateful and their pride and ego cost them winning a trophy this season.

did mourinho break barca's dominace?

maybe we can analyse,

(1) barca did won the greatest europe cup champions league plus league during mourinhos 3 yrs reign, one would have though it imposible with the arrival of mourinho

(2) the press are busy predicting a power shift to benebeu which mourinho failed to achieve but barca on the other hand are crowned spainsh champions even when mourinho is having 2 games to go.

(3) The irony of the whole thing is that while barca regained the champions of spain, mourinho caused more pain by losing at home to a noisy-neighbor atletico whose confidence now had been boosted and a rise of atletico further gave madrid more headaches as r-madrid/atletico madrid derby will give us more mouthwatering classicos and it will be recalled that real m did not only loss spanish champions to barca during mourinhos tenure but also lost the 14 battle to archrivals atletico.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 10:50am On May 21, 2013
BERNIMOORE:
can anybody read this quote below, it sounds like recitation songs being sang by pupils;

did mourinho break barca's dominace?

maybe we can analyse,

(1) barca did won the greatest europe cup champions league plus league during mourinhos 3 yrs reign, one would have though it imposible with the arrival of mourinho

(2) the press are busy predicting a power shift to benebeu which mourinho failed to achieve but barca on the other hand are crowned spainsh champions even when mourinho is having 2 games to go.

(3) The irony of the whole thing is that while barca regained the champions of spain, mourinho caused more pain by losing at home to a noisy-neighbor atletico whose confidence now had been boosted and a rise of atletico further gave madrid more headaches as r-madrid/atletico madrid derby will give us more mouthwatering classicos and it will be recalled that real m did not only loss spanish champions to barca during mourinhos tenure but also lost the 14 battle to archrivals atletico.

I can see your biased reasoning. Just like the spanish media.

This season, he denied Barca 2 trophies.
Remain unbeatable in the league.

What do u call breaking of dominance ?

I can imagine how happy you were when he failed. It shows the kind of mentality you carry about and you hope to be successful one day. SMH !

I don't know that he should have used is hand to put those footballs that hit the pole inside the net against Atletico madrid.
Diego Simeone was screaming at the Ref through out the match. Mou stood up once and was shown the way out. It is the best decision because it is Mou. grin Haters won't stop hating.

Barca won the league by how many points and au many games to go ? Go to Germany or England and see the difference between the first and the second. Why is there no noise ? bayern won the league a very long time ago, nobody is screaming on Klopep

Face your life and stop hating.

Lest i forget, Congratulations on Mou's failure since it gives you joy and sense of achievement. Clueless HATER

Biased supporters who praise Arsene Wenger for making champions league spot ( 4th) and sack Mancini for losing the league.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by BERNIMOORE: 10:58am On May 21, 2013
Biased supporters who praise Arsene Wenger for making champions league spot ( 4th) and sack Mancini for losing the league.

of the track, who mentioned wenger mancini? are you high on something?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 11:00am On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25:
.... And went trophyless for d first time in his entire coaching career in spain.

He won super cup. Ask Wenger what trophiless means. Hater.

Congratulations on Mou's failure, seems that is your only achievement in a long time.

Separate character from the job. he is one of the GREATS.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 11:01am On May 21, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

of the track, who mentioned wenger mancini? are you high on something?

And you kept quiet on the 'On tracks'. Isn't it ?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:01am On May 21, 2013

"The important thing is that we have recovered the level that we didn't have before." - Perez

"The team has improved in Mourinho's three years of stay and we are happy." - Perez

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2013
nitlad:

What is the average viewership of El Clasico pre-Mourinho and during Mourinho's time?
Oga, before and during Mourinho's time the El-Classico enjoys the third highest number of viewership as far as any sporting event is concerned. It beautifully trail the World Cup Final and d Super bowl in ds ranking order. So the comin of Mou didnt change a thing abt d match status or d hype it hitherto enjoy.
In addition, I as a person lost interest in d Classico wen it sumwat became a one sided affair durin mourinho time. D loud mouth Mou started havin a slight say in d El-classico after Pep left Barca.. Wen Pep was stil very much in-charge, even if Madrid has being on a 40 match winning streak prior to the fixture, once they stumble on Barca; they've eaten d forbidden fruit. D guy is a tall failure at Madrid!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 11:03am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:
"The important thing is that we have recovered the level that we didn't have before." - Perez

"The team has improved in Mourinho's three years of stay and we are happy." - Perez

Only a blind hater will deny those facts. from consistently being thrown out of round of 16 for 6/7 years.

Only those who rejoice cos of an achiever's downtime will scream failure.

I kept wondering , why use different laws to judge different people.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:03am On May 21, 2013
If Mou failed at Madrid, then Wenger is a Gabbage in Arsenal.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by fabregas04(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2013
d 'useless' one failed woefully, having spent lots of club resources
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2013
dammytosh:

He won super cup. Ask Wenger what trophiless means. Hater.

Congratulations on Mou's failure, seems that is your only achievement in a long time.

Separate character from the job. he is one of the GREATS.
Do u have problem with ur reasoning? Ooh... So because Mancini won d community shield, he didnt go trophyless ryt? Can u please corruscate my ignorance on d difference between d FA community shield and d spanish super cup?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:15am On May 21, 2013
[size=14pt]So how long would it take Wenger to equal Mou in achievements?[/size]
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by sucess001(m): 11:17am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90: If Mou failed at Madrid, then Wenger is a Gabbage in Arsenal.

I dont like wenger...

But if wenger had the same players mou had @ madrid...trophies will flow like water...

i chukle when i hear people say mou broke barca's dominance.

Mou was in spain for 3 years and won 3 trophies. In the same period of time...Barca won 7 trophies (5 by pep in mou's first season, copa in mou's 2nd season and league under Tito in mou's 3rd season).

If that translates to breaking barca's dominance, pls someone shud come break Barca's dominance some more!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by omar22(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2013
grin

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:19am On May 21, 2013
[size=14pt]
If you say Mou failed at Madrid cos of this season, then Wenger is the biggest failure in football history.
[/size]
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by omar22(m): 11:19am On May 21, 2013
sucess001:

I dont like wenger...

But if wenger had the same players mou had @ madrid...trophies will flow like water...

Mou was in spain for 3 years and won 3 trophies. In the same period of time...Barca won 7 trophies (5 by pep in mou's first season, copa in mou's 2nd season and league under Tito in mou's 3rd season).

If that translates to breaking barca's dominance, pls someone shud come break Barca's dominance some more!

Name me a better Barcelona team than the one Jose faced?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:23am On May 21, 2013
dammytosh:

Only a blind hater will deny those facts. from consistently being thrown out of round of 16 for 6/7 years.

How much did d club spend on signings at those times compared with d ammount Mou was given for players, coupled with d squad he has at his disposal.
A coach dat cant succeed wtout spending some mouth-watering pounds around. Can Mou even boast of one player he developed as a coach since he came to limelight in 2003?
I pity for Ake, Bertrand, Oscar and d like, plus their fans who will now find pleasure watching Swansea play, rather than their darling club.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by sucess001(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2013
omar22:

Name me a better Barcelona team than the one Jose faced?

Pep's team was better than tito's team yet tito's team is 13 points ahead of your 'only one'...

The 'only one' who lost to atletico in 14 years...
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2013
dammytosh:

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:25am On May 21, 2013
dammytosh:

How much did d club spend on signings at those times compared with d ammount Mou was given for players, coupled with d squad he has at his disposal.
A coach dat cant succeed wtout spending some mouth-watering pounds around. Can Mou even boast of one player he developed as a coach since he came to limelight in 2003?
I pity for Ake, Bertrand, Oscar and d like, plus their fans who will now find pleasure watching Swansea play, rather than their darling club.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:30am On May 21, 2013
sucess001:
I dont like wenger...

You can't make any sense until you look at the pre Mourinho seasons. You can't make any sense at all considering these two statements:

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:
Don't be confused. or sleep don dey catch you? I mean in Madrid. Unlike Fergie's first three seasons at ManU where he spent alot of cash and won nothing (no disrespect). Meaning Spending is not a guarantee to winning titles the way Mou got them.
Which Fergie spent alot of cash? U min Darren Ferguson? If its Alex you're talking abt, i will implore you to go check d record and come bk to set things straight... Even if u were not born as far back as 86, i blv google and some oda search engines are there to help u in period like ds.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:51am On May 21, 2013
mama-gee:
I think mourinho's stay in madrid was a combination of success and failure...

His success was the fact that he became the only manager to conquer three different countries and the only man to beat Barcelona twice in five days.

His failure came as a result of injuries, disunity and a series of bad decisions he made especially when he decided to drop the best goalkeeper in the world for a mediocre goalkeeper who has absolutely no experience in big matches in the Champions league

It ended up hurting him badly this season and he'll continue to regret that decision.
Are u high?? Who gave Iker d best goalkeeper in d world and who says Diego Lopez isn't a gud keeper? How many years experience does Vitor Baia has when he won Europe most coveted trophy with Porto, or Dudek wen he won with Liverpool??
You're so off-point.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by labyrinth(m): 11:58am On May 21, 2013
If you are interested in getting home lectures on ways to crack GMAT tests for job interviews call Mr. Golden on 08028990767 or 08038928370 for more info. Thank you
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2013
toprealman: Most football fans have the brain capacity of a goldfish.....google it!
His last season at Chelsea was not that great. Same fans that called for his head back then are now singing his praise. It will all end in tears.
Tel them!! Lost d league by six points to United. And in hs final season before he resigned.... He drew at home against Blackburn, and lost to an Ashley Young led Villa side by 2 goals to 1.
I am happy hes coming bak to England... Atleast al those stupid home record he had back then will finally be broken.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:08pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Which Fergie spent alot of cash? U min Darren Ferguson? If its Alex you're talking abt, i will implore you to go check d record and come bk to set things straight... Even if u were not born as far back as 86, i blv google and some oda search engines are there to help u in period like ds.
[size=14pt]
For the 1989-90 season, Alex Ferguson further boosted his squad by paying large sums of money for midfielders Neil Webb and Paul Ince, as well as defender Gary Pallister (a national record £2.3million signing from Middlesbrough). The season began well with a 4-1 win over defending champions Arsenal on the opening day, but United's league form quickly turned sour. In September, United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap. Ta ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.
[/size]

With all due respect to Sir Alex Fergie. Think well you will know that spending on players doesn't give trophies the way Mou had them. Except you just like blind argument.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Fulham (0 - 0) On 3rd February 2023 / Arsenal Vs PSG : UCL (2 - 2) On 23rd November 2016 / Chelsea Vs AFC Bournemouth (0 - 1) On 14th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.