Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,583 members, 7,955,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? (27150 Views)

Has Pep Guardiola Fail At Bayern Munich? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by justsayemma(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2013
In a season where Barca is being handled by a 1st timer,he is inconsistent due 2 health reason,couple wit Barca's poor form, he played Athletico @ home,stil he cudnt pik a trophy.let's be truthful 4 once,he is a good coach,bt definitely not in Spain

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by mike404(m): 10:36pm On May 20, 2013
He failed woefully shikena angry

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by chucky234(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2013
Andre Uweh: He is a huge success at Madrid. The best Madrid manager since a decade.
This is certainly the joke of the century
Jose was hired to break Barca's dominance but in that period Barca won 2 La Liga titles,2 Copa De Rey and 1 Champions league and that makes Mourinho a total failure in Spain.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Goldie20: 10:39pm On May 20, 2013
Yes He Failed Big Time.. I'm Glad He's Gone.. Coming From A Madrid Fan...
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 10:40pm On May 20, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Monkey, shut up your stinking mouth as you do not know what is a decade.
You Baboo! Get your ugly ass of my face i am not your kind. No be my fault say u fail maths for waec. From 2003 to 2013 is what? Idiat.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:44pm On May 20, 2013
Petbuk: why madrid s diff s because spain dont wnt barca 2 b bulldozed
Barca is now bigger than Real Madrid abi? What makes u think Spain will support Barca against Real Madrid knowing fully well that Barcelona is the capital of Catalunia seeking independent from Spain. Mr man stop giving excuse for Mou failure he have no reason to fail yet he fails simple !

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by theripper2: 10:44pm On May 20, 2013
Obviously , by his standards, he failed but calling him a failure in Real Madrid is condescending to say the least. Hw good was Madrid before he came, hw well were they performing in the champions league before he came. Did he leave Madrid a better team than hw he met it? Hell Yeah.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 10:45pm On May 20, 2013
pappythinko: I surmise you mean to say 'time frame' bruh.... No offence meant.
I actually wanted to type phase, which was also wrong anyway. LoL. Thanks tho.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Mutiana: 10:46pm On May 20, 2013
My Vicky: Hope you read the statement from Perez, ''"The important thing is that we have recovered the level
that we didn't have before...."?
Madrid was far behind Barcelona when Muo came and now Madrid could boast of beating the ''best team in the world'' more than 5 times in 3 years! In about 18 years, Madrid reached UCL semi finals only 5 times, Muo reached UCL semi thrice in 3 years! His league points and goal records are there to stay for a while. Give it to Mou, he didn't fail woefully at Madrid just that he could not accomplish ALL his expectations!

Let's equate soccer to any kind of profession or career you desire or that you desire for your child, what type of child would you prefer? Ferguson, Del Bosque, Keshi, Klopp, Hiddink, Guardiola, Mancini, Wenger, Muorinho, Benitez, Conte, Heynces, Villa Boas, Ancelloti, Simeone.....etc? I'm very sure Muo will not carry last and Muo will always be among the top three. The record speaks
Looking at your list critically I doubt Mourinho will make top three
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Adex097: 10:47pm On May 20, 2013
Yes..mourinho failed!! The fans/ board of directors don't wanna give him another cahnce of repeating the same class so they expelled him.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 10:49pm On May 20, 2013
caukerzee: Mourinho was appointed to win La decima. He didn't so he failed, considering the calibre of players he had.

Big Lie! Was that the mandate according to the contract? Can you show us a copy?

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oahray: 10:53pm On May 20, 2013
By his own overhyped standards, YES, and badly too!

Mourinho wasn't hired to win a league trophy for them and then leave. Pellegrini and other past Madrid coaches did that and were fired anyway. He had everything he needed to succeed (a team of worldclass players, a handsome transfer budget, and support of the madrid president which past coaches never had) and was hired to bring back the glory day of Madrid... the era of the Galaticos. Dominate both in Spain and in Europe, deliver the La Decima like he helped Inter win the UCL... and he couldn't... The "ONLY ONE" couldn't sad

If a miserly one league trophy, one copa del rey, and one spanish supercopa in three full seasons is a remarkable achievement by the self aclaimed "SPECIAL-ONE-C.U.M-ONLY-ONE", maybe we should give a pat on the back to a varsity professor who scores no better than an eight-grader in a general knowledge test.

Mancini won the one EPL, FA cup and community shield with Man City (an inferior team in a 'more competitive'english league) in three seasons, yet he got sacked and people say he deserved it. Why is Mourinho's similar result with a better team in a supposedly "less competitive league" better? Ancelotti just ended a league trophy drought with PSG, and who is singing his praise to high heavens?

Mou is overrated, pure and simple!

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Peterboy1(m): 10:53pm On May 20, 2013
Lanspower: I disagree that he failed at Madrid. He is just a perfect example of an ideal coach who makes technical decisons without considering any player or group of players too big. It's a pity that Barca are already declining this time and that might be the only safing grace for Madrid next season and beyond. Not many coach could challenge the brilliance and wide popularity of Barca like Mou. Beleive it or not, La Liga has lost and icon and Elclassico has lost its class!

abeg park well, hw many seasons did Jose stayed on spain to make el clasico loose its class, 4 ur info barca is not declining, hw can u call a team that is toping madrid with 13 points after 36 games declining?

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AndreUweh(m): 10:55pm On May 20, 2013
caukerzee: You Baboo! Get your ugly ass of my face i am not your kind. No be my fault say u fail maths for waec. From 2003 to 2013 is what? Idiat.
You dirty son of shameless LovePeddler, Vincent left a decade ago and since then, Mourinho has been the best. I hope this settles in your empty skull, eadiott.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ebamma(m): 10:56pm On May 20, 2013
hornipipe: Yes he failed, he needs to drop his arrogance.
Come back to epl and get bullied like a schoolboy.
Special one indeed.
i am sure that u started watching football in 2010, for what mou achieved with porto chelsea inter and now taking madrid to 3 semis of cl and winning la liga with more than 100 points i rate him the best coach of the decade, mourinho threw away the copa del rey, so that fiorentino perez will sack him, if u like belief it or not, cassillas spying and ramos's misunderstanding with him cost madrid this season, mou is still the best like it or not

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 20, 2013
who ever is taking over should be very careful because what befell mou will also befall him if not worse.l like mou no doubt l am just sad that he is bowing out of spain like this.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 10:59pm On May 20, 2013
Wahala90:

Big Lie! Was that the mandate according to the contract? Can you show us a copy?
Must it be stated in the contract? Why was pellegrini sacked even at a time when Madrid was still dominating Barca and he even Won the leauge?? In all the contracts of the coaches that Abramovic sacked, it wasnt stated that they were ment to win the champions leauge.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 10:59pm On May 20, 2013
chucky234: This is certainly the joke of the century
Jose was hired to break Barca's dominance but in that period Barca won 2 La Liga titles,2 Copa De Rey and 1 Champions league and that makes Mourinho a total failure in Spain.

Break Barca's Dominance? Was that the mandate according to the contract? Can you show us a copy?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Freiburger(m): 11:00pm On May 20, 2013
dannio: who ever is taking over should be very careful because what befell mou will also befall him if not worse.l like mou no doubt l am just sad that he is bowing out of spain like this.
And you think he is going to a place where he can settle for less? Please try to pay a close attention on rumors on the list of clubs where he may likely end up.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ifebosco: 11:02pm On May 20, 2013
dayokanu:
cheak your records
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ebamma(m): 11:02pm On May 20, 2013
Oahray: By his own overhyped standards, YES, and badly too!

Mourinho wasn't hired to win a league trophy for them and then leave. Pellegrini and other past Madrid coaches did that and were fired anyway. He had everything he needed to succeed (a team of worldclass players, a handsome transfer budget, and support of the madrid president which past coaches never had) and was hired to bring back the glory day of Madrid... the era of the Galaticos. Dominate both in Spain and in Europe, deliver the La Decima like he helped Inter win the UCL... and he couldn't... The "ONLY ONE" couldn't sad

If a miserly one league trophy, one copa del rey, and one spanish supercopa in three full seasons is a remarkable achievement by the self aclaimed "SPECIAL-ONE-C.U.M-ONLY-ONE", maybe we should give a pat on the back to a varsity professor who scores no better than an eight-grader in a general knowledge test.

Mancini won the one EPL, FA cup and community shield with Man City (an inferior team in a 'more competitive'english league) in three seasons, yet he got sacked and people say he deserved it. Why is Mourinho's similar result with a better team in a supposedly "less competitive league" better? Ancelotti just ended a league trophy drought with PSG, and who is singing his praise to high heavens?

Mou is overrated, pure and simple!
another deluded mumu, if u call taking an unknown porto side to win a cl, winning chelsea a premier league after decades of trophy drought, winning inter a treble and making madrid to win la liga with more than 100 points overated then u need a new dictionary
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:06pm On May 20, 2013
caukerzee: Must it be stated in the contract? Why was pellegrini sacked even at a time when Madrid was still dominating Barca and he even Won the leauge?? In all the contracts of the coaches that Abramovic sacked, it wasnt stated that they were ment to win the champions leauge.

When you hire somebody and there is an agreement, don't you put down the responsibility of the person? And if it was not spelt out or said anywhere (for you to use as proof) how did you know?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ifebosco: 11:08pm On May 20, 2013
Lanspower: I disagree that he failed at Madrid. He is just a perfect example of an ideal coach who makes technical decisons without considering any player or group of players too big. It's a pity that Barca are already declining this time and that might be the only safing grace for Madrid next season and beyond. Not many coach could challenge the brilliance and wide popularity of Barca like Mou. Beleive it or not, La Liga has lost and icon and Elclassico has lost its class!
if only you know EL CLASSICO before jose mou,you will not write that.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nuzo1(m): 11:08pm On May 20, 2013
By Mou standards, he failed. He even admitted to that. But by any coach's standards, Jose did very well in Madrid.

Same arrogance folks are claiming was his undoing has been the same characteristics that has earned him a lot.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by boron10(m): 11:09pm On May 20, 2013
hornipipe: Yes he failed, he needs to drop his arrogance.
Come back to epl and get bullied like a schoolboy.
Special one indeed.
Stop the hate. Assess Madrid's achievement 3 or four year before his appointment, then you will know he actually did a great job. Although, by his own standard, he failed at the club. Other managers would be proud of what they achieve should they manage to replicate mourinho's achievement at madrid.

Remember Pelegrini also flopped in this same club. Not even a CDR.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 11:12pm On May 20, 2013
Andre Uweh:
You dirty son of shameless LovePeddler, Vincent left a decade ago and since then, Mourinho has been the best. I hope this settles in your empty skull, eadiott.
You Just spoke like a typical baboon once again. In the 1st post, you said Mourinho was the best Madrid coach in the last decade and i clearly stated that 2003 and 2013 are in the same decade. You have nothing educative to say. FYI, even pellegrini had a better time at madrid than mourinho.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ebamma(m): 11:12pm On May 20, 2013
mourinho is the best coach of the 2000's haters can hate, sir alex rushed and retired when he heard the rumour that mou was coming back to england, pep gurdiola the most over rated coach who messi's magic helped him to achieve a lot went to bayern instead of man city cos he was afraid of mourinho's chelsea return, mou is the best

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oahray: 11:13pm On May 20, 2013
ebamma: another deluded mumu, if u call taking an unknown porto side to win a cl, winning chelsea a premier league after decades of trophy drought, winning inter a treble and making madrid to win la liga with more than 100 points overated then u need a new dictionary

hmmm... You really had to insult me? I'd let that pass.

DiMatteo literally performed a miracle with a Chelsea side that was considerably weaker and written-off than in previous seasons, and won the UCL even Mou couldn't deliver. Did he run off to the press and call himself "THE CHOSEN ONE"? Tell me one trophy Mou won with Madrid that Mancini did not win it's equivalent in England. Just one...

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ebamma(m): 11:15pm On May 20, 2013
caukerzee: You Just spoke like a typical baboon once again. If the 1st post, you said Mourinho was the best Madrid coach in the last decade and i clearly stated that 2003 and 2013 are in the same decade. You have nothing educative to say. FYI, even pellegrini had a better time at madrid than mourinho.
the same pellegrini who lost to alcorcon in the copa del rey and was unable to beat lyon and take madrid to the semis with the same team minus khedira and ozil abi, im tired of arguing with so many mumus 2nite, make i go sleep
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:16pm On May 20, 2013
caukerzee: Must it be stated in the contract? Why was pellegrini sacked even at a time when Madrid was still dominating Barca and he even Won the leauge?? In all the contracts of the coaches that Abramovic sacked, it wasnt stated that they were ment to win the champions leauge.

When you hire somebody and there is an agreement, don't you spell out the responsibility of the person? And if it was not spelt out or said anywhere (for you to use as proof), how did you know?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AkpuNku2: 11:17pm On May 20, 2013
mou himself have admitted that he fail at madrid and some chelshit fans are here making excuse for him
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 20, 2013
boron10:
Stop the hate. Assess Madrid's achievement 3 or four year before his appointment, then you will know he actually did a great job. Although, by his own standard, he failed at the club. Other managers would be proud of what they achieve should they manage to replicate mourinho's achievement at madrid.

Remember Pelegrini also could not achieve anything meaningful in this same club. Not even a CDR.
three to four years before his appointment did Madrid have a squad made up of young vibrant world class players like he did?
Do you realize how much was spent in transfer markets during his time just for the sake of forming a new galatico?
Give that same amount of money to any manager, and you'll be surprised he just might win even more trophies than mourinho.
The fact remains mourinho is overrated, there is absolutely nothing special about him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Fulham (0 - 0) On 3rd February 2023 / Arsenal Vs PSG : UCL (2 - 2) On 23rd November 2016 / Chelsea Vs AFC Bournemouth (0 - 1) On 14th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.