Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? (26350 Views)

Has Pep Guardiola Fail At Bayern Munich? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 21, 2013
in my own opinion mou failed badly and he did it in a grand style,when mou was hired to real by perez, am sure that deluded presi ambition was to
1 end the dominance of the unstoppable barca.
2 bring the la decimal back to madrid after it ha eluded them for so long.
lets now take a look at the achievement of mou in madrid
1 he won two domestic trophy for them and one minor cup,in that two domestic trophy, he had one la liga, barca had two, gave them 1 copa del rey,barca won 1 also,0 champions league,barca won 1.
my question is this
1 was mou able to end the dominance of barca after trailing with about 11 points to a rookie coach.
2 did he win the ultimate la decimal for madrid,i think you already know the answer yourself.
DO YOU STILL THINK HE WAS A SUCCESS IN SPAIN?bt to me he is still the SPECIAL ONE.nobody can take that away from him.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AndreUweh(m): 12:41am On May 21, 2013
caukerzee: You Just spoke like a typical baboon once again. In the 1st post, you said Mourinho was the best Madrid coach in the last decade and i clearly stated that 2003 and 2013 are in the same decade. You have nothing educative to say. FYI, even pellegrini had a better time at madrid than mourinho.
Only a first class monkey like you will believe Pellegrini achieved more than Jose.
Get a real life, shameless fool.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by logica(m): 12:42am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:

I can't base my argument strongly on "if"
Oh sure you can. There was a reason I included Frank's name in my post. You see, a lot of people list great coaches and his name always somehow gets missing from those lists.

Now let me brief you:

Frank was brought into Barca after a 6 year drought and total domination by Real Madrid. So basically the circumstances at Barca at the time were similar to Real Madrid's when Mourinho joined.

The difference was, Frank delivered, and with a much less expensive team:

1. Won La Liga title twice.
2. Ended the Real Madrid domination (even beating Real Madrid twice at The Bernabeu and being the first coach to do that with Barca...not even Cruyff did that!)
3. Won Champions League.

He basically was employed under the same terms as Mourinho, but difference was he delivered. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:42am On May 21, 2013
logica: Um, you mean ask Mourinho? grin Couldn't even win Copa Del Rey with a squad worth over 400 million Euros.
No, you are wrong. He won the LaLiga, CopaDelrey and the SuperCup.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:48am On May 21, 2013
Tadon200: in my own opinion mou failed badly and he did it in a grand style,when mou was hired to real by perez, am sure that deluded presi ambition was to
1 end the dominance of the unstoppable barca.
2 bring the la decimal back to madrid after it ha eluded them for so long.
lets now take a look at the achievement of mou in madrid
1 he won two domestic trophy for them and one minor cup,in that two domestic trophy, he had one la liga, barca had two, gave them 1 copa del rey,barca won 1 also,0 champions league,barca won 1.
my question is this
1 was mou able to end the dominance of barca after trailing with about 11 points to a rookie coach.
2 did he win the ultimate la decimal for madrid,i think you already know the answer yourself.
DO YOU STILL THINK HE WAS A SUCCESS IN SPAIN?bt to me he is still the SPECIAL ONE.nobody can take that away from him.

Your argument is faulty. You set the standard to judge him. Where is a copy of the contract that says the responsibility of Mou was to do those items you stated. We never heard that from Madrid or seen it anywhere.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by logica(m): 12:52am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:
No, you are wrong. He won the LaLiga, CopaDelrey and the SuperCup.
You mean he won the Copa Del Rey of the 17th of May, 2013?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:52am On May 21, 2013
Akpu.Nku:
mou himself have admitted that he fail at madrid and some chelshit fans are here making excuse for him
Where and when did he say that. Show us or Stop spreading false rumour.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 12:57am On May 21, 2013
Yes
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 1:12am On May 21, 2013
showby:
FACT: Arsene Wenger has never won a single match against Mourinho's side.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yet haters think he is a "prof" in coaching.
grin grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Imperativedude(m): 1:23am On May 21, 2013
lucenzo: at least they won a trophy unlike arsenal cheesy cheesy
wrong comparison. He has d most expensive squad in europe unlike arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 1:23am On May 21, 2013
logica: You mean he won the Copa Del Rey of the 17th of May, 2013?
Don't be confused. or sleep don dey catch you? I mean in Madrid. Unlike Fergie's first three seasons at ManU where he spent alot of cash and won nothing (no disrespect). Meaning Spending is not a guarantee to winning titles the way Mou got them.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 1:34am On May 21, 2013
Hey!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 1:36am On May 21, 2013
Imperativedude: wrong comparison. He has d most expensive squad in europe unlike arsenal.
Typical Arsenal Fan. Talk of effectiveness, performance and achievement, they tell you their players are less expensive. Look at Van Persie at ManUtd and Fabregas at Barca, you will understand what I mean. You said they were not good cos they were cheap so you couldn't win any titles with them: your ever ready excuse for your failure and trophyless life and destiny. But now we can see the truth.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Sike(m): 2:24am On May 21, 2013
Failed or Pass, He's STILL the Best Coach in the World - Take it or Leave it. :p
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by oribi(m): 2:51am On May 21, 2013
People really don‘t have a clue the difference between attitude and achievement..i agree he does not have a nice attitude but he is a good coach and has proved that over time & time again..he was not a failure at madrid but excepted to do better by HIS OWN STANDARD
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by mamagee3(f): 2:55am On May 21, 2013
I think mourinho's stay in madrid was a combination of success and failure...

His success was the fact that he became the only manager to conquer three different countries and the only man to beat Barcelona twice in five days.

His failure came as a result of injuries, disunity and a series of bad decisions he made especially when he decided to drop the best goalkeeper in the world for a mediocre goalkeeper who has absolutely no experience in big matches in the Champions league

It ended up hurting him badly this season and he'll continue to regret that decision.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 3:08am On May 21, 2013
It has to be noted that no coach in the recent history of Madrid has been given as much support as Mourinho.

Director Jorge Valdano was sacked for him

Poking an opposing coach in the eye surely wasnt in the job description

Nor waiting for an official in the parking lot

Not hesitating to throw the players under the bus.

The team lost to BvB less than 5 mins after the final whistle Jose was already talking about not being loved bla bla bla when the real people who cared about the team were still crying

Mou is used to clubs where he is the Only Superstar and MVP. Not a club where he is challenged like in most top clubs. Thats why he would find it tough in a club with a rich history and several legendary players like Bayern, Real, Barca etc.

Its easy to be a legend at a club like Porto who are not European Elites, Chelsea who havent won the league in 50yrs or Inter that are desperate for titles, But in bigger clubs that are used to success, You have to do better.

6 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by logica(m): 3:11am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:
Don't be confused. or sleep don dey catch you? I mean in Madrid. Unlike Fergie's first three seasons at ManU where he spent alot of cash and won nothing (no disrespect). Meaning Spending is not a guarantee to winning titles the way Mou got them.
Sarcasm is wasted on you. smiley
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 3:11am On May 21, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 3:16am On May 21, 2013
Chei! Dayokanu don finish Mourinho o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 3:16am On May 21, 2013

"The important thing is that we have recovered the level that we didn't have before." - Perez

"The team has improved in Mourinho's three years of stay and we are happy." - Perez

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 3:18am On May 21, 2013
Mourinho's 3 trophies in 3 years isn't too bad. Mourinho's failure to win the UCL, and trailing Barca by double digits in the La Liga, sealed his fate.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by figment232(m): 3:20am On May 21, 2013
Akpu.Nku:
mou himself have admitted that he fail at madrid and some chelshit fans are here making excuse for him
Na wa 4dem o.see! am a chelsea fan bt i despise Mou,too arrogant n controversial.ABR. wud regret calling him back.i wonder y he cant retain Benitez.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 3:22am On May 21, 2013
figment232: Na wa 4dem o.see! am a chelsea fan bt i despise Mou,too arrogant n controversial.ABR. wud regret calling him back.i wonder y he cant retain Benitez.

99% of Chelsea fans in LONDON hate Benitez, but are grateful to him for qualifying the team to the UCL.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by try69: 5:34am On May 21, 2013
If nobody talks about you, then you are nobody.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by seunlayi(m): 5:40am On May 21, 2013
he failed

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by phildon: 6:28am On May 21, 2013
yuzedo: I dun get bro, fail? did he right ezam in rill madrid?? undecided
Na fo Warri e write d ezam. Ewu ezam
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by popovich: 6:36am On May 21, 2013
val_dee:

He left ezam
. Thk Ɣ☺ΰ.. G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥o̲̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ answer man!!!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by mindyourword: 6:38am On May 21, 2013
Mouriho is a failure because he failed to win UCL for real madrid? I think people construe his formal way of life to his present life style, he knows how to do that on contract basis which he was not able to do at real madrid but to be realistic he is a failure, because he got his contractual agreement on winning UCL for real.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by toprealman: 6:41am On May 21, 2013
Most football fans have the brain capacity of a goldfish.....google it!
His last season at Chelsea was not that great. Same fans that called for his head back then are now singing his praise. It will all end in tears.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ujchief(m): 6:44am On May 21, 2013
showby:
FACT: Arsene Wenger has never won a single match against Mourinho's side.

And when did that become a yardstick for measuring success? You guys are grasping on straws!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by pappythinko(m): 7:16am On May 21, 2013
caukerzee: I actually wanted to type phase, which was also wrong anyway. LoL. Thanks tho.
You are most welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bournemouth Vs Manchester United (1- 0) On 2nd November 2019 / Chelsea vs Everton (4 - 0) On 8th March 2020 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa EFL Cup (4 - 2) On 10th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.