Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,964 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:57 AM

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? (27135 Views)

Has Pep Guardiola Fail At Bayern Munich? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by pappythinko(m): 7:25am On May 21, 2013
CFCfan:

99% of Chelsea fans in LONDON hate Benitez, but are grateful to him for qualifying the team to the UCL.
And by end of next season they will also regret not loving him n making Him to stay.. He seems to me a tactically better manager than Mourinho. ynwa!

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by informat101(f): 7:35am On May 21, 2013
Mourihno failed!!simple.the man has too much drama annd arrogance he can take it to EPL.he will not be missed in spain.so many peeps here have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Fussbot: 7:37am On May 21, 2013
I can't blame him much dough,when u manage a club dat gat

certain "legends"dat cannot be benched(casillas,ramos).

Player's wife dat leaks d club's secrets 2 d press and d public(cassilas wife)

The press dat hates u(challenged his team selection anytime he dropped cassilas or ramos)

Proud players dat are not 4wends with each oda(not easy 2 manage ego's!)
^no unity
Racist spanish players dat are not 4wends with black players(no spanish player honoured essien's invitation 2 his birthday party,u can also ask song wat he is going 2ru)

His best player is not happy @madrid (ronaldo)

U all just talking bout d money he had,wat about al these?in all oda places he managed,he had not all dis problems..and pls tel me how all dis was his fault...
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Ebestsmscom: 7:56am On May 21, 2013
val_dee:

He left ezam
You're wicked.

grin grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by lobam(m): 7:57am On May 21, 2013
M.J was hired to come win the UCL, like he did at Porto and InterMilan...he wasn't hired to help them get to the UCL semi for the first time in 2000 years. With the Special One, and a Galaticos squad,Madrid only managed to win 3 trouphies in 3 years.when in just a single season clubs could compete for at much as 6 trouphies.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by fujirice: 8:00am On May 21, 2013
Imanuelle:

the ugly one, wetin Chelsea do you?
are you scared of Chelsea already?

go back to asaya! keep singing panti no n'iro....that fits you better!
Behold, an NYSC member! I knew it was jst a matter of time before one shows up....hihihihihi!
Back to topic, I believe Mou was not a flop in Madrid as purported by a few here, for God's sake those fellas were bullied around by Barça before his arrival. Its jst so unfortunate that he couldn't win anythn this season.
Still, Chelsea rocks! Regardless of what haters think
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 8:01am On May 21, 2013
He failed this season does not make him a failure at Madrid.

Alex Ferguson did not collect any Trophy last season --- He is still great

Arsene Wenger - Last 8 years , He is still great

Perez confirmed that REAL MADRID were eliminated in the round of 16 for straight 7 years and Mou took them to SEMI FINAL through out his stay.

He was not sacked as no compensation was paid. They had mutual consent to end the marriage. He was tired and they are tired tooo.

You can hate him for his temperament but be realistic. He is a great coach.

Learn to separate BEEFS from facts.

Lets see how REAL fare after him

Ok I know.

If REAL CONTINUE TO FAIL haters will say ---- Any where he gets to, he destroys.
IF REAL WIN - They will say the new coach is better.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 8:02am On May 21, 2013
lobam: M.J was hired to come win the UCL, like he did at Porto and InterMilan...he wasn't hired to help them get to the UCL semi for the first time in 2000 years. With the Special One, and a Galaticos squad,Madrid only managed to win 3 trouphies in 3 years.when in just a single season clubs could compete for at much as 6 trouphies.

I see,. You hire a coach to win Champions league from ROUND of 16 for straight 7 years.

I hear u.

For ur information , LA DECIMA is a goal after winning LA-LIGA. and thanks to spanish press and the MADRID cabal.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Sirdy48(m): 8:05am On May 21, 2013
it was a massive failure for him considering the calibre of madrid, d worth of d squad he managed nd dia wages.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by gulfer: 8:10am On May 21, 2013
By his standards, his years in Real Madrid was underachievement na.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by phestade(m): 8:12am On May 21, 2013
dayokanu:
Rotflmao
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by nitlad: 8:12am On May 21, 2013
Fussbot: I can't blame him much dough,when u manage a club dat gat

certain "legends"dat cannot be benched(casillas,ramos).

Player's wife dat leaks d club's secrets 2 d press and d public(cassilas wife)

The press dat hates u(challenged his team selection anytime he dropped cassilas or ramos)

Proud players dat are not 4wends with each oda(not easy 2 manage ego's!)
^no unity
Racist spanish players dat are not 4wends with black players(no spanish player honoured essien's invitation 2 his birthday party,u can also ask song wat he is going 2ru)

His best player is not happy @madrid (ronaldo)

U all just talking bout d money he had,wat about al these?in all oda places he managed,he had not all dis problems..and pls tel me how all dis was his fault...

Unfortunately, the cheap petty herbs are too dimwitted to take note of these points you have raised and factor it in before ptyalising the diatribe they are all spewing here. undecided
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by omar22(m): 8:14am On May 21, 2013
He had to go up against the best Barcelona side EVER!!!! and managed to wrestle the title off them once
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by moppie123(m): 8:16am On May 21, 2013
chadef: in 3 yrs i think he has done alot in the team. remember the first elclsico with barca, he lost, he went home and built more confidence in the players and from then on. real has been great. they even beat barca two stratight win. he is good
Was he employed to beat barca or to win trophies? He has been a failure at real madrid. For a coach of his quality, 3 trophies in 3 years while in charge of a very expensive team like real madrid is a disgrace. He had a lot of quality players at his disposal, his second 11 was even stronger than many team's first 11. At the end of the day, coaches are remembered for winning trophies, not for reaching the semi final 3 times.... My 2 cents
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 8:22am On May 21, 2013
dayokanu: Today also happens to be Iker Casilass birthday.

What a birthday gift to St Iker
His gift is not winning a trophy? Wow. Congrats to him then.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by omar22(m): 8:23am On May 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by omar22(m): 8:25am On May 21, 2013
logica: You mean he won the Copa Del Rey of the 17th of May, 2013?
I think Copa Del Rey was the first silverware he won in 2011

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 8:28am On May 21, 2013
mama-gee:
I think mourinho's stay in madrid was a combination of success and failure...

His success was the fact that he became the only manager to conquer three different countries and the only man to beat Barcelona twice in five days.

His failure came as a result of injuries, disunity and a series of bad decisions he made especially when he decided to drop the best goalkeeper in the world for a mediocre goalkeeper who has absolutely no experience in big matches in the Champions league

It ended up hurting him badly this season and he'll continue to regret that decision.
At the moment, Lopez trumps Casillas.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 8:31am On May 21, 2013
CFCfan:

99% of Chelsea fans in LONDON hate Benitez, but are grateful to him for qualifying the team to the UCL.
Exactly. In fact, we no longer hate him, and we are grateful for his good work.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by omar22(m): 8:36am On May 21, 2013
moppie123: Was he employed to beat barca or to win trophies? He has been a failure at real madrid. For a coach of his quality, 3 trophies in 3 years while in charge of a very expensive team like real madrid is a disgrace. He had a lot of quality players at his disposal, his second 11 was even stronger than many team's first 11. At the end of the day, coaches are remembered for winning trophies, not for reaching the semi final 3 times.... My 2 cents

What do you expect from a Looney president, why did he sack Pellegrini?

Pellegrini quotes

"I can't get anything out of an orchestra if I have the 10 best guitarists but I don't have a pianist or a drummer,"

The same chairman who said David Beckham is better than Claude Makalele and he sold the Frenchman to chelsea... and Zinedine Zidane's comments followed

"Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?"

Am sorry under Perez Real Madrid would always have a list of failed managers, even Ferguson would not win nothing at Madrid.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Afam4eva(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2013
Coaches should be assessed putting into consideration the quality of team they manage. Even though Barca has been dominating the la liga for some time, Madrid's ambition was majorly to get a UCL break considering the fact that they won the la liga on two occassions in the last 7 years and they still ended up sacking the coach. Madrid is not a chelsea or wigan that will win the league or come second and you'll say they have performed well. I think Mourinho failed in this regard. That's not to say that he's not a great coach but the La liga is a tough nut to crack. probably when he goes back to chelsea, his "special one" abilities will be seen because the premiership is made up of average teams.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by mrbyron(m): 8:49am On May 21, 2013
who are those comparing mancini with mourinho? can't they see they are comparing mourinho's failure to mancini's success?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 8:50am On May 21, 2013
@ afam4eva: Next season, the EPL title race will be a 6-horse race
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by sucess001(m): 8:51am On May 21, 2013
drpompay: Ah, lets be truthful, how many coaches in the world can be said to have failed after
1) coming 2nd in d league, not just to any team but Barca with Messi at his best until the tail end of d season.
2) getting to the semi final of d champions league
3) getting to d final of copa de laroy after knocking out Barca
4) winning d Spanish super cup by defeating Barca
5) defeating Barca in all d clasicos except 1 (which was a draw) even with a 100% fit Messi
LETS BE FACTUAL, ONLY MOURINHO (THE SPECIAL THOUGH ARROGANT ONE) CAN AND WILL EVER BE SAID TO HAVE FAILED COS "HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST"
As d stake for judging him cannot be compared to that for any other.

This has to be a joke right?

If you think dont tink mou failed @ madrid, then you have absolutely no right to say Mancini failed at City.

They both wont similar no of trophies. Same types too- a league, an FA cup/copa del rey and a charity shield/supercopa.

Yet Mancini was sacked...and Mou's team was more expensive with a CR7 in it.

How do you even explain the fact that Tito who was managing the team for the first time and was away for cancer treatment for a large part of the season was able to beat 'the Only One' with 13 points?

In three years mou won 3 trophies. In the two yrs guardiola spent with him, guardiola won 7 trophies.

You still think he is special?

Or the fact that Klopp used a team collectively worth $45m to beat his $500m team makes mou the special one?

Mou is indeed special...a 'Special' failure...

4 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Freiburger(m): 9:03am On May 21, 2013
sucess001:

In three years mou won 3 trophies. In the two yrs guardiola spent with him, guardiola won 6 trophies.

You still think he is special?

Or the fact that Klopp used a team collectively worth $45m to beat his $500m team makes mou the special one?

Mou is indeed special...a special failure...
Mehnnn, i 'll Give a triple A for this.

A A A
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by omar22(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2013
sucess001:

Mou is indeed special...a special failure...

Tell me what was the Value of the Swiss team (Basle) that knocked out Manchester United out of the Champions League last season

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Freiburger(m): 9:11am On May 21, 2013
omar22:

Tell me what was the Value of the Swiss team (Basle) that knocked out Manchester United out of the Champions League last season
total Value 62.375.000 CHF
49.900.000 €
http://www.transfermarkt.ch/en/fc-basel-1893/startseite/verein_26.html
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by RuuDie(m): 9:41am On May 21, 2013
Did he deliver "La Decima"

If the answer is "yes" - then he is more than a success - anything else, voicemail!!!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by success4(m): 9:46am On May 21, 2013
Childish comments all over Nairaland on Mourinho and RM.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by BERNIMOORE: 9:48am On May 21, 2013
[size=18pt]Mourinho did not only fail, but an UNGRATEFUL LIAR![/size]

How could you describe a coach who was given the ultimate power, an exclusive power that was never confered to any coach throughout the 110yrs history of real madrid,but was handed for the ever firt time to jose Mourinho,(check this link next on evidence of highest power ever in real by mourinho)

http://espnfc.com/feature/_/id/1433917/real-madrid-struggle-jose-mourinho-legacy

This means that;

(1) Of all coaches that have ever won trophies for real madrid, none of them had to their advantage the superior power like mourinho but yet, under an inferior power, coaches like Vincente del bosque won 2 champions league and five other cups in 3 and half yrs,

(2) The function of Directors of football interfering with ANY of mourinho's decision had been cut down and reduced completely and subject 'only' to mourinho's approval at all time!
Director of football and other subordinate coach their role is reduced for the first time to be like 'a rubber stamp' no impact, no decision to be contributed by them but to always accept anything from the direction of the chief coach, which is even against the statutes of the office of football directors oversights.

RESULT;

(2a) Sporting director Jorge Valdano(who also won la liga for real madrid earlier) was fired after a bitter, year-long internal power-struggle during season one.

(2b) Zinedine Zidane, who was being groomed to take a more active role at the club, was sidelined a year later, when he was rendered like a dummy without impact that was promised by the club.

Florentino perez (the president) stuck his neck to mourinho at all time and atand by any decision or even terminate anybody who mourinho complained about, will see the exit door perez vowed!

for example;

(2c)when mourinho feels that he cannot move on with cassillas, perez jump the hierachy of footbal directors to ask mourinho what he wants, perez did not waste time to sign a new keeper Diego he preffered, Cassilass was benched and its final. mourinho's habit of not admitting mistake was manifested when he says that they should have 'signed diego earlier' then one would ask whose fault is it? with all the ultimate power with mourinho, perez was disappointed at mourinho trying to held anyone responsible, it was mourinho who failed to point out in time a keeper to replace cassilas. it is another debate maybe diego is better or not, but mourinho should know better.

Mourinho was totally unfair to florentino perez who risk his veto power to twist the age long tradition of real madrid club by bestowing the greatest power to suit mourinho but mourinho paid the president back how?

when the team lost to BvB less than 5 mins after the final whistle Jose was already talking about not being loved to the press, how do you describe a salt added to a fresh wound from such a coach with such powers?

NOW LETS ANALYSE,

[size=14pt]Mourinho says he is not beign loved in spain,[/size]

how true? and let see if he is very sincere and that if there is anyody or club that can satisfy him

(3a) when he poked tito vilanova in the eye, picture evidences shows it glarringly, mourinho should have had a lenthy ban,cases like that in italy ranges from 5 match ban and huge monetry fine, but was given 2 match ban.
but surprisingly the spanish FA later declared that mourinho had been forgiven! even his compatriot pepe who matched messi's hand was also forgiven while same offence attract 3 match ban in EPL.

(3b) can anyone check real madrids scores, then you see that they have highest penalties awarded every season all in mourinhos tenure.

it will be noted that no coach has ever enjoyed amnesty in spain, iwould have list few ones but i dont want to make my post lenghty

ANOTHER LIE THAT MOURINHO HAD ALWAYS GOT AWAY WITH WAS THAT;

he will say that he always leave his teams very strong, but it is another HUGE LIE that his stay in Madrid laid bare had it been that he won the champions lg last season(no wonder mourinho knelt down to pray before the penalty kick agaist Bayrn munich last season),

A worn out REAL MADRID team (After exhaution) that could not win a trophy this season,siting at a time 16 points behind Tito's barca all these would have been blamed on another coach in an unfair manner, even mourinho himself will be the one to stir intability for the new coach and his disciples(who are singing 'the man don try now') will shamefully follow suit without thinking like a mumu.i have seen his disciples defending endlessly on a hot seat and humiliated with jeers lately!

The Portuguese might say that his direct replacements - Luigi Delneri(PORTO) (two months), Avram Grant(CHELSEA) (nine months) and Benitez (INTER ML)(six months) - are not in his 'Special' class,

but there is a definite pattern there.

Those struggles to deal with Mourinho's legacy were caused by more than just sadness at the loss. Short-term thinking during his reigns has seen squads exhausted and youth development neglected. He has then returned to sign players (for instance, Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira following from Porto to Chelsea) and often, even more damagingly, appeared to unsettle players who have stayed by remaining in close contact (for example, Frank Lampard almost joining Inter, and Maicon being linked continuously to Madrid for two years). Such tight relationships - text messages and all - rarely benefit the team Mourinho has left.

A similar situation seems to be descending on Madrid. There have already been apparently well-sourced hints that Xabi Alonso, Angel Di Maria, Pepe and Sami Khedira could all be with Mourinho at Stamford Bridge next season. Meanwhile, transfer policy at the Bernabeu looks in a state of disarray.

And for those who blindly follow mourinho,

see the pics below, mourinho humiliating another coach in the techical area on the pitchstand, is this good for football, does this makes him 'so called special or childish' see it yourself;

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by boron10(m): 9:48am On May 21, 2013
omar22:

And the value of scottish team (celtic) that barca struggled to curtail in the group stage.

Some people think football is about the money spent on players. Messi was brought from argentina for stipends, but his growth over time has made him the most valuable player in the world. If barca decides to sell him now, he will be the most expensive player in the world.

This same thing can be said of dortund players. The value of each one of them has increased astronomically.

Dortund may not have spent much money on their players, but it took them time to groom these players. The time is what Madrid were not ready to sacrifice, hence their spending on players.

You do not expect the land I bought in lekki when the place was still bushy to cost the same now.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 10:06am On May 21, 2013
Don't just type because of hatred for Mou. Unfortunately, he is not aware of your existence.

Cheap Haters.

Count 20 GREAT COACHES of all time and let me see the list without MOU @50.

Check the factors that led to the incidence.

He failed, if that makes you happy. Lets see what you have to say next season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs AFC Bournemouth (0 - 1) On 14th December 2019 / Iheanacho's Goal Against Burnley Nominated For Goal Of The Month. Vote Here. / Chelsea Vs Fulham (0 - 0) On 3rd February 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.