Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

12submarine's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 12submarine's Profile / 12submarine's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 30 pages)

Education / Re: Are Polytechnics On Par With Universities? by 12submarine(m): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
Vecto:
But you'd have to admit most polytechnic graduates usually fare better than university graduates when it comes to who has the real practical exposure to what is being studied.

Most guys in my department then writing lower or pass, on getting to the universities were writing upper class. It's not something to argue about. Poly students head dey hot.
Practical is not very difficult, you can be very good in practicals without going for advanced studies. The most difficult part of any field is the theory and that is the backbone of all practicals.
Education / Re: Are Polytechnics On Par With Universities? by 12submarine(m): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
Olive33:
YES cool
polytechnics beats universities in practical aspects..
if you want to study engineering or other technological courses you should go for polytechnic.
universities are only good on theory and selling of handouts
That is a lie. In engineering family, poly graduates are technologists while uni graduates qualify for engineers (having duly registered with the regulating bodies) Engineering is not just about hands on the tools, theories are very important and that is the most difficult aspect of engineering. Good knowledge of the theory of electromagnetic waves is the backbone of all wireless communications and this is note treated extensively in polytechnics. Have you ever wondered why telecom firms prefer uni graduates to poly grad? Engineering is not just about spanner, screw drivers and testers, the most difficult part of engineering is the theory.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Education / Re: Are Polytechnics On Par With Universities? by 12submarine(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
They have never been and can never be. Both are academic institutions with different mandates, different goals, different instructional materials and different entry requirements. University graduates are to polytechnic graduates what medical doctors are to nurses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Uchechi Okwu Kanu Vows Boycott Of 2019 Elections by 12submarine(m): 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
[s]
nairavsdollars:
Liar. The coward is hiding under your bed. He only comes out in the night for sex. Bloody mgbeke
[/s]
So on this matter it is sex that come to your mind? Stop thinking with cnt.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Oba Adedapo Tejuosho's 80th Birthday Celebration: Obasanjo, Saraki Spotted by 12submarine(m): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
simonlee:

Bro just hama small N100 million now and your fart will make front page on Nairaland grin grin
Abi.
Politics / Re: Oba Adedapo Tejuosho's 80th Birthday Celebration: Obasanjo, Saraki Spotted by 12submarine(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
And this is news? Smh.
Celebrities / Re: Katsina Senior Citizens Visit Buhari (Photos) by 12submarine(m): 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
FarahAideed:
I hope they implored him to return back home and join them in sipping Kunu and telling tale of the past because the Buhari belongs no where in future of Nigeria after may 29 2019
Very good. They should advise the octogenarian to remain in his state with his cows and be telling them stories of the good old days, not disturbing our development. He should be holding a traditional chieftaincy title in daura, not a president that requires dynamism.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: 2019 Elections: Looters Using Stolen Money To Fight Buhari - Muslim Group, MURIC by 12submarine(m): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2018
Which one is MURIC again? So fulani terrorists are the looters? Because that is also one of the reasons we will note vote any fulani man again. Atiku, Buhari, Kwankwaso and all other fulani men should forget 2019, it is not their birthright.

6 Likes

Culture / Re: How I Stopped Herdsmen From Entering My Community — Edo Monarch by 12submarine(m): 11:24am On Feb 19, 2018
PointZerom:

They'll ban you again unless you stop pitching your tent with fraudsters and fools.
Nigga, have you ever travelled to UAE?

1 Like

Politics / Re: Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu The Re-incarnated Afonja That Betrayed Yorubas? by 12submarine(m): 9:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
What is the purpose of this thread? You guys should just leave Nairaland and face reality on ground. The site is getting to boring. Afonja insulting Igbo and Igbo insulting afonja for no reason. If nothing to discuss, you guys should go to bed.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Why President Buhari Is The Best For Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by 12submarine(m): 7:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
kings09:
E ku following. Is it ur mention or ur comment? Abeg ur comment is nt my comment. Face ur comment n mention ur mention
Lmao. Okay. I just wanted to comfirm because it appears the comment you have on every topic is just a list of names. Anyway, continue making your "comments". Peace.
Politics / Re: Why President Buhari Is The Best For Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by 12submarine(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2018
This lai Muhammad is one of the reasons I know that fulani man that calls himself president doesn't know what he is doing. How will you continue keeping this kind of man in your cabinet? It is obvious as Nigerians are waiting to send him back to his cows, he is also aware he can't make it again. That might be the reason he will allow idiots to continue telling us nonsense to our faces.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Why President Buhari Is The Best For Nigeria - Lai Mohammed by 12submarine(m): 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
kings09:

Don’t believe everything you read on the Social Media. Nigeria is neither at war nor in crisis,” Mr. Mohammed said, according to a statement by his special assistant, Segun Adeyemi.

Am sure Benue killings n the ongoing killings in the SW by d fulani herdsmen are all social media propaganda.

U must have sold ur soul for crumbs from dis terrorist govt

Ask omenkalive n hungebad
Just asking though, is it possible you post any comment without mentioning names? This is the 6th time I will be coming across your comment today, all have two or more names attached, some even five. No offence intended, just being curious.
Celebrities / Re: Mercy Johnson: I Stopped Playing Romantic Roles, My Husband Doesn't Like Them by 12submarine(m): 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
phlamesG:

Receive sense
He is right. Naturally, mercy Johnson is not a beautiful lady, forget cosmetics things.
Politics / Re: Obasanjo, Jonathan And Dickson Worship Together In Church In Otueke (Photos) by 12submarine(m): 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2018
prisho4:
PLS I NEED NAIRALAND PHONE NUMBER. WENEVER I POST ADVERT THEY BAN ME FOR WAT I DONT UNDERSTAND. I VE PLACED A BANNER AD BEFORE THAT RAN FOR A WEEK. PLS LET US KNW WEN TO STOP POSTING ADVERT FOR A DAY SINCE THERE IS MODERATOR.
Adverts are paid for, not free. If you post advert and the moderators see it, they will delete it. Click this Icon pictures below on the nairaland page to see the procedure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: Herdsmen Attacks Sweep Through South-West by 12submarine(m): 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
What I don't understand is why are the Igbos more concerned with what is happening in the Sw? Is this not a case of crying more than the bereaved? Anyway, nothing concern me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Business / Re: NNPC Rewards Bovas For Adhering To N145/litre Fuel Price by 12submarine(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2018
CoolAmbience:

People board keke till tomorrow in parts of Delta state for N30, I shuttle between both Rivers and Delta state regularly.

Are you saying that keke from Awolowo bye Okpe Road for instance to Olympia in Sapele is N50? How much will bike now take from say Sapele market to Shell Road in Sapele? I pay N30 severally without any argument at all.

My brother, like you said 'to the best of my knowledge' I cannot tell a lie just to make a point.

Just after this last Christmas, two of my sisters who were to return to their base in Lagos got to Onitsha from Awka to board a bus. They were asked to pay N12,500 each. When they called me, I simply asked them to come to Sapele through Onosigho Motors. They paid less than N1,500 each to get to Sapele, spent a few days at my home, and then paid N5,000 each to Lagos via GAM. How much did they save? Or am I lying again?

The hardships we face stem more from greed of people than anything else.

From awolowo to Olympia roundabout is not a reasonable distance and they are on the same Okpe road. Infact, I can't take a drop for that short distance. Standing at UBA, you will sight Olympia roundabout. Why not talk about from same awolowo along okpe road to cemetery road by Nepa. Or from Olympia roundabout to Sapele market, almost same distance but with bends? It will also shock you that no keke will take you from Olympia roundabout to foodland for anything less than N50. From sapele market to shell road, no okada will take less than N150 and don't talk about keke because you have to start searching for keke going to same route with other passengers.
Business / Re: NNPC Rewards Bovas For Adhering To N145/litre Fuel Price by 12submarine(m): 10:14am On Feb 18, 2018
CoolAmbience:

I am Igbo too but I can't help but say that over 80% of the hardships Nigerians suffer, especially down South, are caused by our Igbo brothers.

Greed, insensitivity, unholy profiteering and sheer wickedness.

They give the dumb excuse that Buhari made costs of things to go up. They hurt even their own people just because they hate and want to sabotage one man or get rich at all costs.

Go to Delta state, people could still board keke and taxi for N30. I think Port Harcourt is the worst hit because they extensively control the business environment there.
You are right just that you lied on the N30 keke and taxi. There is no where in delta state (at least to the best of my knowledge) you get a drop for N30. That is my state. Note, I am not even talking about places like Asaba or Warri. Places as remote as mosoga and Jesse, you can't get keke less than N50.
Career / Re: Colonel SJ Dibal, The Commanding Officer Of First Nigerian All Female Battalion by 12submarine(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2018
[s]
CioAngels:
Well, that depends on the divide she comes from, after all it is very obvious what is happening in Nigeria. I hope people from other divides will also be promoted in this dispensation. She can even become a brigadier i don't care as long has she is woman. May the Almighty continually protect them all.
[/s]
Stop talking nonsense. Not everything is tribal. If you think because she is a Lt Colonel, there are female Generals from the south and I don't think there is any 2 star female General from the north in the Nigerian armed forces.

Education / Re: My Sunday Morning Math Question. by 12submarine(m): 6:45am On Feb 18, 2018
3nim:

Okay, thanks
Choi, I checked very well, I don run abeg.

1 Like

Education / Re: My Sunday Morning Math Question. by 12submarine(m): 6:39am On Feb 18, 2018
Brb
Celebrities / Re: 8 Things You Thought Were Facts But Are Actually Made Up by 12submarine(m): 6:14am On Feb 18, 2018
OP is very correct.

Nairaland / General / Re: Nigerian Air Force Officer Killed In Ghastly Car Accident. Graphic Pics by 12submarine(m): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
ItsTutsi:
"charity begins at home" preach that to ur ipob flat.head first
I an not Igbo.
Nairaland / General / Re: Nigerian Air Force Officer Killed In Ghastly Car Accident. Graphic Pics by 12submarine(m): 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2018
BABANGBALI:
Na wa o, he is even the only sun of his parents. This life na yeye
Son
Nairaland / General / Re: Nigerian Air Force Officer Killed In Ghastly Car Accident. Graphic Pics by 12submarine(m): 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
ItsTutsi:
ipob flat.heads most have used him for ritual
Are you okay? Do you have to go tribal at the lose of a dear one? You guys are making this site unattractive. An interactive forum like this should be used for sharing ideas not for tribalism.

1 Like

Career / Re: Colonel SJ Dibal, The Commanding Officer Of First Nigerian All Female Battalion by 12submarine(m): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
trendymarseey:
D COAS can promote an EC officer if he wishes.
So the COAS can override the terms and conditions as provided by relevant authority.
Career / Re: Colonel SJ Dibal, The Commanding Officer Of First Nigerian All Female Battalion by 12submarine(m): 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
LZAA:

of course a colito can never command a regular
forget d greedy officers u see oh most regulars rush for prestigious posts ie C.O
Not true.
Career / Re: Colonel SJ Dibal, The Commanding Officer Of First Nigerian All Female Battalion by 12submarine(m): 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
[s]
LZAA:

yet none of those women has ever commanded a fleet or battalion grin grin
i can bet my last kobo say na medical,education or PR dem dy for armed forces
[/s]
If you have brain, you will know that most female officers join as professionals (DSSC) and the job of commanding fleets or battalions is strictly for officers in those corps. You cannot take a medical officer to command an infantry or artillery. Did you see it in the report that this woman is an Executive Commission officer? Do you know what that means? Who told you that Generals are interested in commanding battalions. Are you okay? Now, is commanding battalions the most lucrative posting for female officers? As Generals, are they not in charge of their departments?
Career / Re: Colonel SJ Dibal, The Commanding Officer Of First Nigerian All Female Battalion by 12submarine(m): 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
[s]
LZAA:

what is this one saying undecided
[/s]
Here are Generals, are they haboki?

Career / Re: Colonel SJ Dibal, The Commanding Officer Of First Nigerian All Female Battalion by 12submarine(m): 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
LZAA:

SJ DIBAL
hmmmm
even for female side na dem dem
smh
I am not a northerner but I don't know why I think this is the most stupid comment I have ever seen. How many northern female officers have you ever seen in the military? I am not saying there is none, but I haven't seen one before. All the female officers I have seen are southerners. And for your information, my house is close to a military base. Here in Lagos also, I reside close to a military barrack. Or don't you want to see a single northerner in any fed job?

1 Like

Career / Re: Colonel SJ Dibal, The Commanding Officer Of First Nigerian All Female Battalion by 12submarine(m): 5:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
The headline is misleading, she is a Lt Colonel, not Colonel. I also heard that Executive Commission officers don't go beyond Major, so how was this one promoted to Lt Colonel? Something is wrong with this report.

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 30 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.