Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,501 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect (26057 Views)

Obiano Inspects Ongoing Work At The 2nd Niger Bridge / Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale / Michael Adebowale, Is The Son Of A Probation Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by theripper3: 9:31am On May 24, 2013
Even the most radical of Yoruba muslims don't exhibit this beastial attitude. Whatever created these monsters must have been the sole property of the UK. Though, I get that most converts of religion tend to b zealots.

This is serious.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by alexis(m): 9:31am On May 24, 2013
See one of the attackers in 2007 protesting at a police station in the UK. This will clear all doubt that he was a muslim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VNftQwvsjgw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SXCw9X3vRTs

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by tdade(m): 9:32am On May 24, 2013
Krucifax: We should all stop trying to deny what the reality of the situation is. Yesterday some Nairalanders were putting op posts denying that they are Nigerians etc.

We have just found out that these two are yoruba men born in Nigeria and then emigrated to the U.K! My point is,they are very much Nigerians and we as a nation need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves some very hard questions. Why do we seem to breed some of the worlds most vile characters? Why do we consistently seem to be known for more bad things than good ones. The moral fiber of many Nigerians is very questionable and if you deny it,you are only deceiving yourself as the rest of the world seem to have made their minds up about us.
get your facts right. One of them was born in Nigeria and the other was born in Britain.

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by redcliff: 9:33am On May 24, 2013
4 Play:

Accusing? 2 Nigerians in broad daylight and in front of eye witnesses murdered a soldier and you are talking of an accusation as if their actions are unproven.

The world govt can go to any lengths to achieve their aim..
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by betrani(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2013
val_dee:

The question is, how do they manipulate or brain wash this people?

Methinks there are some element of mysticism involved.
Truth is; when ur islamized u believe any person is against ur religion! Even muslems themselves feel this way about each other! Thats y boko bombs the north "even empty air" mercilessly! Now u don't think on ur own again! U always have people dictate to u!

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Chinwem(f): 9:34am On May 24, 2013
mu2sa2: These guys are just two out of tens of thousands of converts to Islam in UK. this murder is just one of many others that are committed in UK and the murderers belong to all faiths. So keep your jaundiced view to yourself. The incident itself reveals two facts -
i. murder has been committed; and
ii. what michael said after the killing is undeniable truth - British forces, who are christians, murdered hundreds of innocent muslim women,children and men in Iraq.

What is wrong with you? Are you mad?

Somebody has lost their father and someone has lost her husband..........'just' one of many abi?

6 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:35am On May 24, 2013
dhardline:
Thats obviously what they told us but what if they were giving new identities just to carry out this act and trained for it over a long period of time.brov some times this things can just be created for the means to the end.its called INVASION.

Yes, changed his father's identity too. Changed his brother and sister's Identity. Do you know that these guys are known by friends and neighbors? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Willywilly3: 9:35am On May 24, 2013
the_ripper3: Even the most radical of Yoruba muslims don't exhibit this bestial attitude.
Don't conclude, you are not living in the same house with them

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by alexis(m): 9:35am On May 24, 2013
Here is a popular muslim figure in England endorsing the barbaric act

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SXCw9X3vRTs[/flash]
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by pappilo(m): 9:36am On May 24, 2013
c.fours:

I agree. this has nothing to do with Nigeria. I'm sure their parents (yoruba christians) have nothing to do with it. just bad peer socialization in British society I would say.
very bizarre incident.

These guys are 29 for Christ's sake! What have peers got to do with this. A 29 year old in Britain is a fully grown man and completely responsible for his actions. If you go looking for it, there is enough material out there in this internet age for a person to become self radicalised. This has nothing to do with their parents or peers. It is an unfortunate path they have chosen to take for reasons best know to them and only them should be held accountable, not Nigeria, not their parents, not their peers.

You can spin it all you like but while there is no justification for what these men have done, there is a direct correlation between their actions and Britain's imperialistic foreign policy. 2 weeks ago a video (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIEBH2Kln1U&feature=youtube_gdata_player) was widely circulated of a 'rebel' in Syria cutting out the internals of a Syrian soldier and biting on it. These 'rebels' are supported and funded by the West (http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/28/world/meast/syria-us-funds)to fight against Assad (the enemy of my enemy mantra). Where was the shock and outrage when a member of the West's proxy army in Syria(the FSA) carried out an atrocity just as evil as was witnessed in Woolwich?

Most people are happy to get on with life and blank these kind of atrocities from their thoughts but just as you have soldiers willing to die to 'protect' their country Britain, you have 'soldiers' willing to die to protect 'their' oppressed people in Muslim lands. The west provides the biggest tools used to radicalise young men like the 2 Michaels. What better way to radicalise a young and angry muslim man than show him a picture of 50 dead women and children killed at a wedding party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_party_massacre) by a drone strike in Afghanistan/Iraq? Is the killing of women and children by NATO bombs in Afghanistan and Libya less worse than the murder of a serving soldier by 'Islamists' on the streets of London?

Unfortunately, this cycle of violence will continue until the West become the bigger brother, tone down their aggression and realise that an eye for an eye will leave us all blind.

6 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by onatisi(m): 9:41am On May 24, 2013
ivytechgurl:

Na dat one u dey pray for?
it is a fact and that is what is going to happen,i guess right now it is a bad time to be a nigerian in the uk .

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Gbawe: 9:45am On May 24, 2013
chris365:

Guy, this is one of the reasons i hate western media with a passion.
They failed to mention that a british soldier was butchered like a chicken, close to a military baracks, they even waited and shot a video. So am guessing the whole thing lasted for about an hour.
Instead of aknowledging failure of intelligence and response from their security personel, and even by-standers that were watching the whole thing. The only thing they can come up with is that they are ''Nigerians''
I can bet you that before this incident, if you ask those boys their origin, they'll tell you they are British. And that's the truth.
These guys were born and raised in Britain just like every other Nigerians there that deny their country and abuse it on Nairaland.
The truth is that, 'this is an embarrassment to the british Government' and they are trying to cover it up by linking it to Nigeria. Because we are also facing the problem of terrorism.
please Nigerians, let us not accept this. It is wrong and a shame to the British press.

ed

My good man, the British Government is doing no such thing. It may appear so if one links the British government directly to be one and same as British Press - especially propagandist, xenophobic, anti-immigration and sometimes openly buffoon-like tabloids such as the Sun, Mirror et al.

The facts coming through and real occurrences so far, not misplaced and incongruous paranoia about some "crackdown" against Nigerians, show that decision-makers totally see what matter and will direct focus on actions that can prevent a repeat of this horrific episode - not unhelpful 'witch hunts'.

Boris Johnson, London Mayor, has exclusively told Londoners to go about their business as "they have nothing to fear" because intelligence available has shown these two, at this point in time, have no organised extended connections worth worrying about. They are not conclusively linked with any terrorist groups abroad let alone Nigeria for that matter. In short, their activities intelligence agencies must focus on is 'localised' to "their Country". We all heard Adebolajo ranting about "bring our troops back".

The pair of attackers were known to M15 and only ever considered as peripheral figures who were noticed for affiliations to other unmentioned men under investigation. I would personally believe such unmentioned 'men of interest' to be the likes of Omar Bakri, now domiclied abroad, who was head of the disbanded Al-Muhajiroun organisation that is suspected to have radicalised Adeboloja. I believe Adebowale was thwarted in an effort to travel to Somalia , not Nigeria, ostensibly to link up up with other proponents of fundamentalist terror there.

Bottom line is that we all can benefit from learning more about the facts to note the thinking of policy-makers in Britain. I don't think they are playing the blame game or focusing on Nigeria even if Nigerians themselves remain about sentiments and "notice me" victimised mentality that always leads them to make everything, self-destructively, about themselves when they would be better served looking at issues dispassionately.

The mood amongst politicians, think tanks and policy makers in Britain, as I discern it, is very much one focusing on how intelligence must operate more effectively to prevent young Britons being radicalised by extremists to the point they are willing to act against the interest of their Country.

6 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:45am On May 24, 2013
Why can't we simply face the FACTS and own up to the Truth. Radical Islam (The only True form of ISLAM) is the cause of these actions. It exists and thrives well in Nigeria and in the West. Migrant Africans especially from the Western, Northen and Eastern Africa show a trend for assimilating this radical, extremist form of ISLAM.
The problems these ingrates have caused in Negative Perception for Nigeria is incalculable.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by IGBOSON1: 9:45am On May 24, 2013
Chinwem: They re both named Michael? shocked

I still don't like the fact that they both have Nigerian sounding names wether they re Nigerian or not
Are we the only country

^^^Haba! I ask myself the same question too? angry angry angry

First it was the underpants bomber....now these two fools!

3 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Nobody: 9:46am On May 24, 2013
Parenting is becoming a TOUGH core... it is more than sending your kids to Best schools, etc. it demands attention, affection, HUGE supplication because in this dispensation it seems there's so much to worry about when we send our kids our there to schools, social gatherings etc. radicals are on the loose seeking for preys... I feel terrible for the lost Life and parents of these Michaels..#oruko rere san ju wura ati fada ka lo ..but not in this case anymore..

I pray to God to have mercy on them and bring them back 'home'. Amen
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by henrysam(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2013
toprealman: Who is the other guy then, radio without battery!
The okoye guy that represented Team GB in discus at the just concluded Olympics is a Nigerian but nobody will mention that.
These western people and their bad press.
The evil men does is written on brass, the good one on water. When I am wrong no one forgets but when I am right no one remembers. That is the irony of life.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by jamal230(m): 9:49am On May 24, 2013
Nigerians all over the world should speak out and condemn the beheading of a citizen yesterday in UK. The beheading was done by a British citizen and not a Nigerian as speculated, his name does not confirm his nationality.

British born Michael 'Mujahid' Adeboloja with an accomplice yesterday beheaded a British Soldier on a street in Woolwich, London. It is now being made to look like Nigeria has "shown itself again" in the action of this British boy who beheaded a soldier yesterday

This lunatic was born in the United Kingdom, never been to nigeria, issued a birth certificate in the UK and held a British passport. He now commits a barbaric act and suddenly he is now a Nigerian?

Is it because he is not Gabriel Agbonlahor playing for Aston Villa and Three Lions, or Andrew Osagie, UK's reigning 800m champion, or Lawrence Okoye, British Discus Record Holder (68.24m), or Abiodun oyepitan, British Olympic Silver and Gold Medalist, or Christine Ohuruogu, Beijing Olympic British Gold Medalist, or Eniola Aluko, British Olympic Female Football star, or Temi Fagbenle British Olympic Basketball queen, or several other thousands of British citizens with Nigerian connection who are making the country proud.

Nigeria should just be left out of this neo-colonial agenda. Please pass on to educate the ignorant ones! Nigeria!! Great Nation!!! Great People

2 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by eastOFwest(m): 9:53am On May 24, 2013
dhardline:
Thats obviously what they told us but what if they were giving new identities just to carry out this act and trained for it over a long period of time.brov some times this things can just be created for the means to the end.its called INVASION.

You are desperately clutching at straws here. Is it because they are Nigerians or of Yoruba origin, then it's a set up? Keep on living in denial. It is what it is! Ok, are you now saying that 9/11, 7/7, Kenyan embassy bomb, attempted Glasgow airport bomb, Boston bombing, attempted shoe bombing etc were all set up?! Omo, you can't spin this one o!

Get real. All I can say is that they were naive and vulnerable, and hence brainwashed and manipulated to carry out this horror. I also suspect they have mental issues. It could have happened to anybody from any country with the same circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by alexis(m): 9:53am On May 24, 2013
jamal230:

Nigerians all over the world should speak out and condemn the beheading of a citizen yesterday in UK. The beheading was done by a British citizen and not a Nigerian as speculated, his name does not confirm his nationality.

British born Michael 'Mujahid' Adeboloja with an accomplice yesterday beheaded a British Soldier on a street in Woolwich, London. It is now being made to look like Nigeria has "shown itself again" in the action of this British boy who beheaded a soldier yesterday

This lunatic was born in the United Kingdom, never been to nigeria, issued a birth certificate in the UK and held a British passport. He now commits a barbaric act and suddenly he is now a Nigerian?

Is it because he is not Gabriel Agbonlahor playing for Aston Villa and Three Lions, or Andrew Osagie, UK's reigning 800m champion, or Lawrence Okoye, British Discus Record Holder (68.24m), or Abiodun oyepitan, British Olympic Silver and Gold Medalist, or Christine Ohuruogu, Beijing Olympic British Gold Medalist, or Eniola Aluko, British Olympic Female Football star, or Temi Fagbenle British Olympic Basketball queen, or several other thousands of British citizens with Nigerian connection who are making the country proud.

Nigeria should just be left out of this neo-colonial agenda. Please pass on to educate the ignorant ones! Nigeria!! Great Nation!!! Great People

If his name was Jerome Davis and he was black - we wouldn't care where he is from or where is was born. What is appalling is the nature and intention of the way he killed his victim and it's religious connection to Islam.

Here was the guy in 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VNftQwvsjgw

And here is the idiot that helped motivate him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SXCw9X3vRTs
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by chris365(m): 9:55am On May 24, 2013
Gbawe:

My good man, the British Government is doing no such thing. It may appear so if one links the British government directly to be one and same as British Press - especially propagandist, xenophobic, anti-immigration and sometimes openly buffoon-like tabloids such as the Sun, Mirror et al.

The facts coming through and real occurrences so far, not misplaced and incongruous paranoia about some "crackdown" against Nigerians, show that those who matter totally see what matter and will direct focus on actions that can prevent a repeat of this horrific episode.

Boris Johnson, London Mayor, has exclusively told Londoners to go about their business as "they have nothing to fear" because intelligence available has shown these two, at this point in time, have no organised extended connections worth worrying about.

The pair of attackers were known to M15 and only ever considered as peripheral figures who were noticed for affiliations to other unmentioned men under investigation. I would personally believe such unmentioned 'men of interest' to be the likes of Omar Bakri who was head of the disbanded Al-Muhajiroun organisation that is suspected to have radicalised Adeboloja. I believe Adebowale was thwarted in an effort to travel to Somalia , not Nigeria, ostensibly to link up up with other proponents of fundamentalist terror there.

Bottom line is that we all can benefit from learning more about the facts to note the thinking of policy-makers in Britain. I don't think they are playing the blame game or focusing on Nigeria even if Nigerians themselves remain about sentiments and "notice me" victimised mentality that always leads them to make everything, self-destructively, about themselves when they would be better served looking at issues dispassionately.

The mood amongst politicians, think tanks and policy makers in Britain, as I discern it, is very much one focusing on how intelligence must operate more effectively to prevent young Britons being radicalised by extremists to the point they are willing to act against the interest of their Country.

well, i'll take it that you are better informed about this issue. and i totally agree with you about the "notice me" victimized mentality of Nigerians.
my brother, that's a problem that needs to be resolved to change the mentality of our people. because Nigerians are gradually becoming agents of destruction for this country and they don't know it yet.

truth be told, the British press still annoys me like hell
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by stonebridge: 9:59am On May 24, 2013
justokey: When folks commit crime in UK their Nigerian link is emphasized. But when they win laurels for them you hardly hear mention of their Nigerian link. These evil guys are British, finish!
Abe chill. Why do you claim Sade Adu, Seal,John Amechi,etc as Nigerians if we follow your theory?. You even allowed Reuben Agboola to play for the super eagles even though he is supposed to be "British".
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by justwise(m): 10:02am On May 24, 2013
I never met bunch of hypocrites like some Nigerians here in my life.

See as they are trying hard to deny that those terrorists are not Nigerians.

Peter Odemwingie was born in Tashkent, Uzbek SSR, Soviet Union with one of his parents a Nigerian but we claimed him, convinced him to play for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by tomzman: 10:03am On May 24, 2013
This is a bad omen for Nigeria. Visa applicants may be the ones to pay dearly for this.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by DoffMan2: 10:04am On May 24, 2013
eastOFwest:

You are desperately clutching at straws here. Is it because they are Nigerians or of Yoruba origin, then it's a set up? Keep on living in denial. It is what it is! Ok, are you now saying that 9/11, 7/7, Kenyan embassy bomb, attempted Glasgow airport bomb, Boston bombing, attempted shoe bombing etc were all set up?! Omo, you can't spin this one o!

Get real. All I can say is that they were naive and vulnerable, and hence brainwashed and manipulated to carry out this horror. I also suspect they have mental issues. It could have happened to anybody from any country with the same circumstances.

Nor mind those Michael/Michael Jor! Dia mates dey Cokobar dey grind fine fine omo ele, their own Na to carry Koran for head. Falling hand of the highest order!

2 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by ivytechgurl: 10:07am On May 24, 2013
onatisi:
it is a fact and that is what is going to happen,i guess right now it is a bad time to be a nigerian in the uk .

Jealousy..because u dey naija dey roast abi...dey jealous us 4 here..Nuffing dey happen to d good professional worker 4 here...
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by dakunj1(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2013
Something is cooking...I dont know exactly what it is but when its done, we are all gonna get served....by 'we' I mean all Nigerians -be it by ancestry, origin or citizenry- WE GON GET SERVED.

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Willywilly3: 10:10am On May 24, 2013
chuck delis: Clearly show yoruba's nd hausa's ar d terrorist in this country.1st mutallab aka buhari,oluwatobi aka tunubu.
Those two men that committed this Devilish act (Micheal Oluwatobi Adebowale and Micheal Adebolajo) are Carnivorous animals, but my fear now is the other two still to be identified arrested by police, i will not be surprise if their name goes again as 'Temitope Adelaja and Oluwashewu Ariola'

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Chinom(m): 10:14am On May 24, 2013
dhardline: I think i know where all this is going.By accusing Nigerians in this recent events and possible in more to come it will make the world see us as a terrorist country and hence a gradual hatred for Nigerians starts to arise around the world then they will have the full support of the world nations to invade Nigeria with their drones and armies just like they did in Iraq and other places.

You are one paranoid dude. Nothing like that will happen. Our home grown terrorists don't go about killing people in London or US.They have enough to kill in Boko Haram counties.
These 2 BEASTS with Nigerian roots are a product of the British and Western societies. They are very impressionable young men with a deep urge to belong. Sorry to say this, but an IGBO boy born in London or US will never fall for this Muslim crap.Who named them " Micheal".

2 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by ifebosco: 10:15am On May 24, 2013
[quote author=mu2sa2]These guys are just two out of tens of thousands of converts to Islam in UK. This murder is just one of many others that are committed in UK and the murderers belong to all faiths. So keep your jaundiced view to yourself. The incident itself reveals two facts -
i. murder has been committed; and
ii. what michael said after the killing is undeniable truth - British forces, who are christians, murdered hundreds of innocent muslim women,children and men in Iraq.
please read the bolded

there is no justification for what this fool micheal did

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by chessguru1(m): 10:15am On May 24, 2013
Strange...I think I can remember someone once saying on NL that when something good happens to someone from d southwest (like emerging d best in a foreign school), it is regarded not as a nigerian achievement, but more of a paradigm of regional excellence. But when something bad happens, it is a nigerian shame.
Human beings and double standard.
Bottom line is what has happened has happened, and J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ as a child brings shame to her family name, so also this people have brought shame (directly or indirectly) to this country.
Am J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ surprised that APC haven't found a way of roping GEJ to this (since every bad thing about this country must be attributed to him).
My final conclusion is this.... We agree that people in government are ineffective and corrupt, but the damage we as individuals do to this country (in one way or the other) is always far worse.
BTW this is one sick case...wldnt be surprised if there are tons of other people of nigerian descent doing one other shameful thing or the other around the world.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Forgery Allegation: Court Ruling Has Vindicated Us – Senate / Lamido: How Akpabio, Obanikoro Were Forced To Leave PDP For APC / Buhari, Osinbajo, Others In Kano For Yusuf Buhari Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.