Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect (26074 Views)

Obiano Inspects Ongoing Work At The 2nd Niger Bridge / Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale / Michael Adebowale, Is The Son Of A Probation Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by majomayo(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2013
TheBookWorm: These two Nigerian (Yoruba) men or animals have brought shame not only to their families, but to all Nigerians.

They were given so many opportunities living in the UK that many Nigerians living in Nigeria can only dream about and what did they do with that wasted opportunity? These men took the life of an innocent man who committed no harm to them.

These despicable creatures deserve whatever is coming to them in this life and the afterlife if you believe in an afterlife.

Ethnic bigot.....must u be particular about their ethnicity?
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 24, 2013
abes:

You still don't get it, do you?
In both cases, murder was committed and all men involved are British. In one of the cases, two men shouted 'Allah' and killed one army officer, in the other case, one man did not shout anything but killed two female police officers.

Does the fact that 'Allah' was not shouted in one case make it a less severe murder case than the other where 'Allah' was shouted? (mind the victims in both cases)

Does the "LAW" defines crime with preference to religious or ethnic background?

Why do you label one a terrorist and the other not a terrorist?

Good point. The same reason i said it was a staged crime. At a primary stage when the crime was still murder, the british pm called it terrorism. And left france to meet with officials.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by PlanetXApe: 1:09pm On May 24, 2013
eGuerrilla: The is a time for soul searching...

Nigerians have to ask why, despite an accelerated proselytization process which has churches springing up all over the UK, our youth are becoming increasingly disaffected.

The bitter truth is, there are lot of Nigerian parents who consciously enter into a contract with British society which is laden with false expectations. I will say more on this later.

Sir, I read on the Dailymail and The Guardian UK today that they both converted to Islam in prison(and that was exactly what I said when I heard the news).

However, I won't put the blame solely on the parents(most Nigerian parents out here are warriors). In Adeboloja's case, his parents did try for him but it seems every decision they took backfired. We also can't ignore the influence of the Nigerian community in this case as well. Nigerians are naturally criminalistic by nature and Adeboloja's interaction with the Nigerian community out here, started the downward spiral in his life. You and I know how older Nigerians use these kids for their criminal enterprise(Nigerians have taken over from the yardies of the 80s and 90s); thereby criminalising them from a young age. And once they embrace this criminalistic lifestyle, they become exposed to a prison system that's ridden with Islamists. You know the normal talks about Islam is the only religion that can save black people and how easy it's to embrace something like that, especially when you live in a society where you feel alienated from the "mainstream."

To be honest, the system doesn't care about its black population. The unemployment rate among black boys between age 17-24 is around 60%(the girls have it better) - so indoctrination would be rife among this group of people. You can see the anger on their faces. The system has let them down. It's not just Nigerians - there are thousands of Caribbeans, Ghanaians, Kenyans, Ugandans, Zimbabweans, Ivorian etc. out there like them. Radical Islam is growing at a rapid rate among black youths out here and most of them converted in prison. It's basically a vicious cycle of a people who are/were sold a dream at a young age; only to find out as they grow/grew older that they have no stake in the system.

Finally, I think everyone in the UK failed this generation of black youths - from the parents, to the black/Nigerian community, and to the government. But I'd still put most of the blame on the system.

PS: It's Shymmex posting from NL jail. grin wink

I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by viktuur(m): 1:13pm On May 24, 2013
Men checck out how the police shot those guys, they were ready to die! God Help us !!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woolwich-attack-watch-shocking-video-1907772
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by lomprico(m): 1:15pm On May 24, 2013
Please we must not fall for this international Media conspiracy and intimidation. Britain should accept their own.

Nigerians all over the world should speak out and condemn the beheading of a citizen yesterday in UK. The beheading was done by a British citizen and not a Nigerian as speculated, his name does not confirm his nationality. British born Michael 'Mujahid' Adeboloja with an accomplice yesterday beheaded a British Soldier on a street in Woolwich, London. It is now being made to look like Nigeria has "shown itself again" in the action of this British boy who beheaded a soldier yesterdayThis lunatic was born in the United Kingdom, never been to nigeria, issued a birth certificate in the UK and held a British passport. He now commits a barbaric act and suddenly he is now a Nigerian? Is it because he is not Gabriel Agbonlahor playing for Aston Villa and Three Lions, or Andrew Osagie, UK's reigning 800m champion, or Lawrence Okoye, British Discus Record Holder (68.24m), or Abiodun oyepitan, British Olympic Silver and Gold Medalist, or Christine Ohuruogu, Beijing Olympic British Gold Medalist, or Eniola Aluko, British Olympic Female Football star, or Temi Fagbenle British Olympic Basketball queen, or several other thousands of British citizens with Nigerian connection who are making the country proud.Nigeria should just be left out of this neo-colonial agenda.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Gbawe: 1:16pm On May 24, 2013
Noiseless2: It is the sheer hypocrisy in some people to claim that those two boys Oluwatobi Adebowale and Adebalajo are not of nigerian origin when their names are clearly Yoruba.

I think what should be done here is to condemn this cowardice act instead of trying too hard to spin it as everything before it, the same way some people tried so hard to deny and spin the Farouk Abdulmutalab terrorist attack until the northern nigeria became awashed with boko haramers, a similar thing could happen in lagos and other southwest nigeria if people keep living in denial.

I hope my comment doesn't get deleted or my id gets banned as usual.

Must people like you display prejudice with everything? Can you never ever rise above your partisan, prejudicial and sectional outlook? No one has denied their Nigerian origin. Rather, people are saying , appropriately, that they are British citizens. Nigeria is not involved in this at all.

Truly intelligent folks know that the societies individuals live in from birth, or for a very long time, is their core influence. Only an unsophisticated or totally prejudiced person would hold otherwise.

Appropriately, again highlighting the lack of political/general sophistication and lack of maturity of Nigerians mentioned here regularly, many Britons themselves unanimously accept that these are British young men who have taken the wrong path. The UK will move on to find solutions.

Meanwhile Nigerians, because of innate predisposition to prejudice and an obsession with stereotyping others, as we see here and for the past few days, will remain arguing over the nationhood of these young men. This is why solutions are not forthcoming in Nigeria.

Everyone is into blaming other ethnic groups instead of accepting that a Nigerian messed up and we must all deal with it. Nigerians have now exported this ethnocentric behaviour to issues that does not concern them and that stakeholders (Britons) are dealing with in unity and stoicism. If it suits you, as a Party likely unconnected with any of this, to keep shouting that the two murderers are Nigerian and not British, then carry on displaying that ignorance for the world to see. Britons themselves, the intelligent ones at least, are dealing with this from the perspective that some aberrant Britons have done a terrible thing. Their friends from British schools, not Nigeria, have been on TV testifying to their character in a show that they lived just as other British youngsters did.

The Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Ministers, society leaders et al have come out to say that these are "British young men" who have committed a heinous crime. Yet you are here talking self-importantly, and without a sense of perspective, about Abdulmutallab and Boko Haram. No one one has blamed Nigeria or associated her with this but mainly Nigerians themselves who clearly do not mean their nation well with their obsession of carrying the 'wahala' of others on their own head. What has rightly being established is that they are British men of Nigerian origin. One has to wonder what is wrong with Nigerians that leads to their constant attention-seeking antics.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Richy4(m): 1:19pm On May 24, 2013
Let's just say they are British Citizen at the moment.but The next thing will be the BBC,CNN Foxnews etc. will start harassing the peace of their parent asking for interview.then the sins of BH that destroys our Image will be on the mouth of the reporters then It will become a Nigerian thing.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by stevecantrell: 1:24pm On May 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The bitter truth is, there are lot of Nigerian parents who consciously enter into a contract with British society which is laden with false expectations. I will say more on this later.

Hmm..
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Cathydera(f): 1:25pm On May 24, 2013
There was a country.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by PlanetXApe: 1:25pm On May 24, 2013
Gbawe:

Must people like you display prejudice with everything? Can you never ever rise above your partisan, prejudicial and sectional outlook? No one has denied their Nigerian origin. Rather, people are saying , appropriately, that they are British citizens. Nigeria is not involved in this at all.

Truly intelligent folks know that the societies individuals live in from birth, or for a very long time, is their core influence. Only an unsophisticated or totally prejudiced person would hold otherwise.

Appropriately, again highlighting the lack of political/general sophistication and lack of maturity of Nigerians mentioned here regularly, many Britons themselves unanimously accept that these are British young men who have taken the wrong path. The UK will move on to find solutions.

Meanwhile Nigerians, because of innate predisposition to prejudice and an obsession with stereotyping others, as we see here and for the past few days, will remain arguing over the nationhood of these young men. This is why solutions are not forthcoming in Nigeria.

Everyone is into blaming other ethnic groups instead of accepting that a Nigerian messed up and we must all deal with it. Nigerians have now exported this ethnocentric behaviour to issues that does not concern them and that stakeholders (Britons) are dealing with in unity and stoicism. If it suits you, as a Party likely unconnected with any of this, to keep shouting that the two murderers are Nigerian and not British, then carry on displaying that ignorance for the world to see. Britons themselves, the intelligent ones at least, are dealing with this from the perspective that some aberrant Britons have done a terrible thing. Their friends from British schools, not Nigeria, have been on TV testifying to their character in a show that they lived just as other British youngsters did.

The Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Ministers, society leaders et al have come out to say that these are "British young men" who have committed a heinous crime. Yet you are here talking self-importantly, and without a sense of perspective, about Abdulmutallab and Boko Haram. No one one has blamed Nigeria or associated her with this but mainly Nigerians themselves who clearly do not mean their nation well and are intent on carrying the wahala of others on their own head. What has rightly being established is that they are British men of Nigerian origin. One has to wonder what is wrong with Nigerians that leads to their constant attention-seeking antics.

Well said and succinctly put...

Nigerians are just attention seekers.

Two police officers just got hacked to death in Lagos, in a savagely and barbaric way. However, I'm yet to see anyone disown the culprits and question their Nigerian-ness - funny lot. grin
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 24, 2013
dhardline:
Thats obviously what they told us but what if they were giving new identities just to carry out this act and trained for it over a long period of time.brov some times this things can just be created for the means to the end.its called INVASION.
what they told you?see as jihadist don confuse una.no one needs to tell you anything,use your brain,there is video evidence,watch it
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 24, 2013
Why is Mr. President so silent about this? He should make a national broadcast, making the world understand that this guys are not officially affiliated to Nigeria what so ever. Let him order for their Nigeria Passport and check the last time it was actively used. I can stake on the fact that this guys don't even know what Nigeria looks like.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by ifebosco: 1:37pm On May 24, 2013
laoma15: Its high time Nigerians set their Values right. We hear the same story everyday. Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!. Could it have been a curse? Anywhere you turn to its all negative thing about Nigeria both home and abroad. We need to go back to the drawing board as a Nation. If not Yahoo Yahoo boys, it will be suicide bombers or prostitution, drug peddling, Murder e.t.c. why so much emphasis on money in Nigeria? Are we the only poor nation on earth? This is the time for stringent Policy formulation by Nigeria Government. It is true that these folks are British citizen, but rememberer that they have Nigeria blood flowing in their veins. This is a shameful act that should be condemned by all and sundry. All that average Nigeria is concern about is to Build mansion, ride in a big car and have Naira to throw around. Is that what live is all about? Nigerians spend money like sand outside the country whenever they go shopping and the Nation is in shamble. No security, No Job. Where are we heading to as a nation? What future does our youths have? Selfishness and greed is the order of the day. This is common on our roads, dare to traffic and come rushing like mad people. blasting horns like crazy. Cant we think and act like a normal humans? where is love? what are the churches and mosques doing about the lost of value and morale decadence in the society? Nigerians THINK!!! Don't make the Whole world hate your people.
you are right on the moral decay of our society,having one of the highest number of churches and mosques in the world and no moralities to learn from,but please don´t forget the ruling class, they also have some very percentage of blame too
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 24, 2013
Planet-X(Ape):

Sir, I read on the Dailymail and The Guardian UK today that they both converted to Islam in prison(and that was exactly what I said when I heard the news).

However, I won't put the blame solely on the parents(most Nigerian parents out here are warriors). In Adeboloja's case, his parents did try for him but it seems every decision they took backfired. We also can't ignore the influence of the Nigerian community in this case as well. Nigerians are naturally criminalistic by nature and Adeboloja's interaction with the Nigerian community out here, started the downward spiral in his life. You and I know how older Nigerians use these kids for their criminal enterprise(Nigerians have taken over from the yardies of the 80s and 90s); thereby criminalising them from a young ago. And once they embrace this criminalistic lifestyle, they become exposed to a prison system that's ridden by Islamists. You know the normal talks about Islam is the only religion that can save black people and how easy it's to embrace something like that, especially when you live in a society where you feel alienated from the "mainstream."

To be honest, the system doesn't care about its black population. The unemployment rate among black boys between age 17-24 is around 60%(the girls have it better) - so indoctrination would be rife among this group of people. You can see the anger on their faces. The system has let them down. It's not just Nigerians - there are thousands of Caribbeans, Ghanaians, Kenyans, Ugandans, Zimbabweans, Ivorian etc. out there like them. Radical Islam is growing at a rapid rate among black youths out here and most of them converted in prison. It's basically a vicious cycle of a people who are/were sold a dream at a young age; only to find out as they grow/grew older that they have no stake in the system.

Finally, I think everyone in the UK failed this generation of black youths - from the parents, to the black/Nigerian community, and to the government. But I'd still put most of the blame on the system.

PS: It's Shymmex posting from NL jail. grin wink

I'm out.

Thanks for weighing in here @Shymmex, I always knew you were going to bring a different perspective to bear.

I will try to provide a more elaborate response later but, for now, ask yourself why the minds of these disaffected youths provides fertile ground for Islamo-fascists.

Just to be clear, the contract I alluded to in my earlier post, ultimately, constitutes a barrier which sets kith against kin. Let me break it down in these terms:

Politics - parents tend to be introverted micro-nationalists who long for a return to Nigeria. The Nigerian-British child on the other hand tends towards a sliding scale of Pan-Africanism which subjugates our "petty differences". The paradox here is that this idealism also lends itself to a lot of misapprehension about life back in Africa.

Economy - Nigerian parents, who through dogged determination have attain some level of success tend to be unsympathetic to the struggles of their children, who see the steep incline of fulfillment in Britain for what it is. Remember most of these parents would have schooled abroad - where you get to see legions of Black pilots, doctors, engineers, politicians and so on, on a regular basis. This issue of social mobility sometimes creates false expectations on both sides and hasten a break down in communication, which later crystallizes into a 'disconnect'

Religion - While this is one area that provides succour to our people, it also tends to be the most problematic for children of Nigerian ancestry who schooled in Britain. Before the age of 16, there is little resistance; afterwards, there is no guarantee of acceptance.

Take a good a look around,if in doubt about these assertions.

Btw, I am in entire agreement with the emboldened portion of your post.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by victorv12(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2013
Where is the Nigeria ambassador to the UK in this mess? Won't he address Nigerians living in the UK, and assure them of their safety? Sic!
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by 76Naira(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2013
CLASSMAN: This teribble if true must espesialy for my nigerian brothers and sisters there

What are you saying please?
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Rossikk(m): 1:55pm On May 24, 2013
Chinwem:

Now we are on the same level as Afghanistan .........Nigeria is finished
Just look at the wording of this
They make it sound like Boko haram trained them

Get rid of your complex. The other day some American kids blew up a marathon in Boston. Did that ''finish'' America or put her on ''the same level as Afghanistan''? Nobody can make you feel less than human unless you let them.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Hoodrat(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2013
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Rossikk(m): 2:02pm On May 24, 2013
adeaugustus: Why is Mr. President so silent about this? He should make a national broadcast, making the world understand that this guys are not officially affiliated to Nigeria what so ever. Let him order for their Nigeria Passport and check the last time it was actively used. I can stake on the fact that this guys don't even know what Nigeria looks like.

You seem to think President Goodluck Jonathan is beholden to the antics and foibles of the British media.

Sorry, but Mr President has more important matters to attend to than to impress it upon dull Britons to not blame 170 million Nigerians for the alleged acts of two British-born and raised kids.

Do they acknowledge us when we produce world class doctors, politicians, journalists, and sportsmen and women for them? Gifted people who routinely bring honour to their flag?

Please leave Mr President out of this.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by curtain: 2:05pm On May 24, 2013
Its so funny how nairalanders are refusing to aknowledge that this guys are of pure odudua origin, they were suppose to bring back pounds-sterlings, but ended up becoming human butchers, i pray the british govt would be wise enuf and start deporting lik minds to thier country of origin b4 the racist wake-up and become justified. The govt this ingrates are quarreling with has fed them with food, security and rights, now they just abused it in the name of religion. If its too difficult to behave lik a roman in rome, withdraw their visas or citizenships period, afterall its just a previledge.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by ESULAALU: 2:17pm On May 24, 2013
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by dounleedee: 2:45pm On May 24, 2013
The problem with Islamic religious extremists is simply that they kill using and calling the name of Allah and the Muslim world keeps mum. The Muslim fanatics directing young unadulterated minds to kill innocent people do so by promising (under a clandestine guise) heavenly rewards and inner bliss and you will hardly hear any Muslim spiritual leader condemning the doctrine.

Our Muslim colleagues don’t always want to be labeled terrorists but neither have they sufficiently convinced anyone that they are not extremists. The world witnesses occasionally, rampaging Muslims groups and youths committing butchery and destruction to life and properties under the guise of protesting blasphemy. A teacher was butchered in Northern Nigeria by Muslim youths for throwing away a Quran used by a cheating student to copy answers to questions in an examination.

Boko Haram’s horrors and carnages in Nigeria are worse than the Woolwich incident yet our Muslim neighbours here are calling for amnesty for the murderous lot. Nigeria's problem is our public defiance to call a spade a spade.
The Muslim world need to begin the process of modernising the teachings of Islam to disuade their followers from violence and reflect tolerance for other faiths.

Let know one be in doubt that I will personally become a Muslim convert if the Sultan and his cohorts in the North can appeal to David Cameron to grant Adebolajo and his co-conspirator(s) amnesty.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by SonOfEl(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2013
the dudes are suffering from an islamic disease.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by seyizma(m): 3:15pm On May 24, 2013
doctorbabs: .

mumu, is micheal a muslim name, those boston bomb blast and school boy that killed his fellow pupils are muslims too abi, xtianity is only perfect religion in the world. No amount of condenmation, hatred badmouthing can make islam not to exist, let ur religion be ur religion and let our be our own.

Guy do your research well.The boston bombers are muslims and are from muslim-dominated area of russia

At least this is another evidence that isl4m is a religion of peace
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Litmus: 3:20pm On May 24, 2013
The Muslim Community(Asian/Arab) in the UK appeared and sounded so cowardly and sneaky on the media in England it was unbelievable. I thought that the way they maneuvered this whole issue from one of Islamic terrorism to one of ethnicity was frankly racist and dangerous to the black community. These last three days, I've seen them at their most oily.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by aurenflani: 3:26pm On May 24, 2013
4 Play:

Accusing? 2 Nigerians in broad daylight and in front of eye witnesses murdered a soldier and you are talking of an accusation as if their actions are unproven.

Maybe he wants you to swe the kind of huge media attention this murder is receiving in contrast to the one given to the murder of the 75yrs old pakistani man earlier.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by aurenflani: 3:29pm On May 24, 2013
Litmus: The Muslim Community(Asian/Arab) in the UK appeared and sounded so cowardly and sneaky on the media in England it was unbelievable. I thought that the way they maneuvered this whole issue from one of Islamic terrorism to one of ethnicity was frankly racist and dangerous to the black community. These last three days, I've seen them at their most oily.

What did your masters referred to the murder of someone's grandpa, of not ethnicity motivated killing. U no get brain.
Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by Gbawe: 3:45pm On May 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Thanks for weighing in here @Shymmex, I always knew you were going to bring a different perspective to bear.

I will try to provide a more elaborate response later but, for now, ask yourself why the minds of these disaffected youths provides fertile ground for Islamo-fascists.

Just to be clear, the contract I alluded to in my earlier post, ultimately, constitutes a barrier which sets kith against kin. Let me break it down in these terms:

Politics - parents tend to be introverted micro-nationalists who long for a return to Nigeria. The Nigerian-British child on the other hand tends towards a sliding scale of Pan-Africanism which subjugates our "petty differences". The paradox here is that this idealism also lends itself to a lot of misapprehension about life back in Africa.

Economy - Nigerian parents, who through dogged determination have attain some level of success tend to be unsympathetic to the struggles of their children, who see the steep incline of fulfillment in Britain for what it is. Remember most of these parents would have schooled abroad - where you get to see legions of Black pilots, doctors, engineers, politicians and so on, on a regular basis. This issue of social mobility sometimes creates false expectations on both sides and hasten a break down in communication, which later crystallizes into a 'disconnect'

Religion - While this is one area that provides succour to our people, it also tends to be the most problematic for children of Nigerian ancestry who schooled in Britain. Before the age of 16, there is little resistance; afterwards, there is no guarantee of acceptance.

Take a good a look around,if in doubt about these assertions.

Btw, I am in entire agreement with the emboldened portion of your post.

Well-said.

This is why I personally do not speak on this aspect of things. Very few, on all sides involved, have the open-minded grasp of the reality that is predisposing young black men to fall through the cracks to the extent they now display what we have always simplistically touted ourselves to be ethnically and racially incapable of.

Rather you will hear immigrants adduce the wrong reasons to why Olawale is not behaving like a "typical Yoruba boy" in Ibadan or why Kwame has criminal inclinations that "is not in our Fanti culture". The total disconnection from their children in a societal arrangement that systematically promotes said alienation is sadly and predictably inevitable because many African parents, in my opinion, reject the notion of bringing up British kids ,who have African origin, alongside the consideration that they must make an effort to gain a tolerant and flexible attitude that will help them understand certain negative societal influence on their children they must proactively plan for - with the overall focus on developing a balanced and productive adult member of society.

Without a doubt, societal set-up and challenges mean that British children of African immigrants have it tougher. African parents must be smart, obsessively devoted and ready to make sacrifices to negate what is becoming almost a trap against them innately feeding on their needs to be ,above all things, financially successful/independent while their children failing may be the real trade-off of this 'race'.

While they chase the pounds, with long shifts that keep them away from home, in a country still mentally and societally challenging for black folks, their children may go on to gain other mentors who make them feel better about themselves in the short term but are ultimately the wrong influence in the end. By the time the damage is done, it may be too late.

1 Like

Re: Michael Oluwatobi Adebowale Is The 2nd Woolwich Suspect by imoleayo55(m): 4:23pm On May 24, 2013
i have two questions...1) where are these two animals now? sorry, i mean these two things? cos calling them animals would be an insult to the animal world...
2) my name na michael, i need a change of name asap,,,who fit suggest one name for me sharp sharp?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Khalid al-Barnawi Arrested By Nigerian Army - BBC / IPOB's Sit-At-Home Caused The Death Of A Sick Woman (Photos) / Stop Drinking Free Beer,know Your Neigbours: Fashola Urges Lagosians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.