Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29061 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God.God here refers to Three persons.of course, The Father And Son are also Spirit beings but It is the Holy spirit that takes the name ''Spirit of God''He is the One that searcheth all things .Even the deep things of God.1 cor 2:10.The HOLY Spirit is God. He was the one that moved over the surface of the waters in the beginning.He was the one who killed ananias and sapphira for lying.Right from when He came in pentecost It has been His dispensation and we are still in his .He was the one who said in acts 13 v 2''Set apart for me saul and barnabas for the work I have called them. Even now He is the member of The Godhead now working in the world.He is the one that a person can commit the unforgivable sin against.mark 3:29.

if you can't fully understand trinity then you can never understand whatever you would want to say. Look at the bolded:

You said God refers to the 3 persons. So spirit of God means spirit of the 3 person. Son of God will also mean son of the 3 persons.

"of" means "belonging to." spirit of God mean spirit belonging to God. The Son belongs to God. The Father(God) owns everything.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

How can i believe you? I don't believe man made doctrines. I need scriptures to believe that Jesus was sitting on the throne of God from the beginning.

He is now sitting at the right hand of the Father not that he has been sitting there before he came to earth.
well if you believe that Jesus is God i don't think you will have a problem with that.well, i can only give you a scripture that says that Jesus shared all the glory with God the father before the world began.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 10:46pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino: Since my good friend says only begotten son proves that Jesus is created... That means the angels are his begotten sons too... Since he created them also.

Jesus is ONLY gotten son.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

if you can't fully understand trinity then you can never understand whatever you would want to say. Look at the bolded:

You said God refers to the 3 persons. So spirit of God means spirit of the 3 person. Son of God will also mean son of the 3 persons.

"of" means "belonging to." spirit of God mean spirit belonging to God. The Son belongs to God. The Father(God) owns everything.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

why are you referring to the Father ONLY as God in your last sentence instead of sayn that the Father is Of God?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 29, 2013
Well that is what i don't believe, that Jesus WORSHIPS the Father.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 29, 2013
@ijawkid.Well that is what i don't believe, that Jesus WORSHIPS the Father.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 11:07pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
why are you referring to the Father ONLY as God in your last sentence instead of sayn that the Father is Of God?

please read ephesians 4:6

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And One is God The Father of all, and over all, and with all and in us all.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
one God and Father of all, who is over everything, through everything, and in everything.

it is impossible to say the Father is of God because the Father is the one God and not a combo of 3 gods making one God or a Godhead.....the Father is the one God over all(Jesus inclusive)............
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 11:11pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
@ijawkid.Well that is what i don't believe, that Jesus WORSHIPS the Father.
grin grin grin

now i see where your problem lies....

then what is The Father the God of Jesus for??.....is the Father the God of Jesus for fancy??
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 11:20pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
well if you believe that Jesus is God i don't think you will have a problem with that.well, i can only give you a scripture that says that Jesus shared all the glory with God the father before the world began.

Before i believe you please answer these questions.

Why did Jesus call the Father his Father and our Father, Jn 20:17, his God and our God, Jn 20:17, Rev 3:12. Is the term "God" here signifying title or subjection?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 11:28pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:

Ooo! Make i add am. The Father of God. Please show me where i can see this one. Plus including mother of God(ie mother of the trinity God).

SMH!!!
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

Before i believe you please answer these questions.

Why did Jesus call the Father his Father and our Father, Jn 20:17, his God and our God, Jn 20:17, Rev 3:12. Is the term "God" here signifying title or subjection?
for both of your questions Jesus christ is just humbling himself before the father, telling us that as God the father was his father,He was also their father.that is One thing present in the trinity.It does not make Jesus any less than God.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

Ooo! Make i add am. The Father of God. Please show me where i can see this one. Plus including mother of God(ie mother of the trinity God).

SMH!!!
read what i said.i did not say father of God.i said Father is OF God(three persons)meaning that he is the first member of the trinity.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

SMH!!!
read what i said.i did not say father of God.i said Father IS OF God(three persons)meaning that he is the first member of the trinity.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid: grin grin grin

now i see where your problem lies....

then what is The Father the God of Jesus for??.....is the Father the God of Jesus for fancy??
it said All.You were the one who added Jesus.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 11:53pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
read what i said.i did not say father of God.i said Father IS OF God(three persons)meaning that he is the first member of the trinity.

If the bolded can be seen in the bible then I would run naked on bayelsa yenagoa road........gringrin.....

There is nothing like first ,second and third....abi somebody been set GMATHs exam for them??............there is only one God and that person is the Father alone......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 11:55pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
it said All.You were the one who added Jesus.

If we and Jesus share the same God and Father what do you expect Jesus to be doing??.........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

If the bolded can be seen in the bible then I would run naked on bayelsa yenagoa road........gringrin.....

There is nothing like first ,second and third....abi somebody been set GMATHs exam for them??............there is only one God and that person is the Father alone......
well, i just pray that you understand you may think i am wrong but One day you will find out that there is A TRINITY afterall.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:00am On May 30, 2013
@ijawkid are u a jehovah witness?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:03am On May 30, 2013
Dux-01:

Are you a member of a Pentecostal church ?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:08am On May 30, 2013
@frosbel are u a jehovah witness.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 12:10am On May 30, 2013
Dux-01:

Yes I am.....and frosbel isn't ......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:33am On May 30, 2013
Dux-01:
@frosbel are u a jehovah witness.

Are you a member of a Pentecostal church.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by nlMediator: 1:15am On May 30, 2013
ijawkid:

and where did i say Jesus is the source of life in any of my statement??...

did you by any means not read john 6:57?? cool cool

You didn't say Jesus is the Source of Life and I never said you did. But you did say that God is the Source of Life. And Peter says Jesus is the Source of Life. What is the connection between the two statements: that there are two sources of life? Or that one can be the source of life and not be God? The thing is that the truth is starring you guys in the face but you would rather engage in endless and meaningless intellectual discussions that, as Paul said, are profitless.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 4:19am On May 30, 2013
truthislight:

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; " (Revelation 1:13-19).
^ ?

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." (Colossians 1:18)

Jesus christ is the first and the last in that he is the first person to be personally resurrected by Yahweh to immortal life in heaven and the last to be so resurrected personally by Yahweh to immortal heavenly life.

The rest persons will be resurrected by Jesus christ to heaven.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 5:29am On May 30, 2013
Dux-01:
John 5:22-23.That is why It is Jesus christ that is going to Judge and not the Father.

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: " (John 5:22).
..........................................................................................

"Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. " (John 5:19-23)
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Pygru: 5:50am On May 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Yes I am.....and frosbel isn't ......

Pygru: [b]What JW's believe, but won't initially tell people when they knock on doors and ask if they think the world would be better off without war, suffering, sickness and child abuse:

1. If you become a JW and then leave them because of their false teachings, you will be literally shunned. You family that remain in the organization will not be permitted to even talk to you!

2. The Watchtower Society is the only source of truth on earth today and your soul will be destroyed if you refuse their organization.

3. The Watchtower Society and its followers are all prophets of God today and the Governing Body is directed by angels from God.

4. The Watchtower and Awake magazines originate with and are treated as equal to the Bible.

5. They deny the that God consists of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

6. They deny the deity of Christ (Arian view) Jesus is a created being also called Michael the archangel, and was the first and only direct creation of God.

7. Jesus was not the Christ (Messiah) until age 30, even though their own bible says in Luke 2:11, "because there was born to you today a savior, who is Christ the Lord."

8. They deny the bodily resurrection. After Jesus was buried in the tomb, Jehovah dissolved his body into gases and it disappeared forever.

9. Jesus rose invisibly in three days, so Jehovah had to "materialize" a fake body forhim complete with fake nail prints so His disciples would believe it was really Jesus risen.

10. They deny the personality of the Holy Spirit(viewed by the Watchtower organization as "God's active force", similar to radio waves)

11. They deny man consciously survives death.

12. They teach the eternal punishment of the lost is annihilation.

13. They deny the bodily, visible return of Christ (Christ's "return" was only His"turning his attention" invisibly toward earth in 1914, and there was an invisible"rapture" of the dead members of the 144,000 in 1918.)

14. The cross is a pagan symbol of sex worship, and that all buildings or persons displaying the cross are likewise pagan. Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Jesus died on a cross but a stake. However, recent"new light" in the Watchtower now admits they are not certain about the cross, but will continue to deny it anyway. Further, the watchtower originally claimed it was across.

15. No one goes to heaven but 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.

16. They teach Christ is the mediator for only the 144,000,
not the average Jw.

17. Teach only the 144,000 must be "born again", not the average Jw.

18. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob etc. were to be back on earth as perfect humans in 1925. The Society built a palatial home called"Beth Sarim" for them BUT when the patriarchs failed to show up, the Presidentof the Society moved in.

19. Their light gets "brighter and brighter", allowing for many changes and "about faces" on their doctrines. Yesterday's erroris today's "truth". Often the "light" bounces back and forth from old to new views and back again! (Might we call this discarded truth... "black Light"?)

20. Blood transfusions are rejected and if a Witness receives one willingly, it results in his eternal death. However, the society allows Hemopheliacs to consume blood for medical purposes to save their lives.
21. To salute the flag is an act of idolatry.

22. Participation in any civil holidays, mothers day, birthdays brings condemnation of God.

23. Only persons who use the true name of God, Jehovah, will have their prayers heardby God. No salvation is possible without using the name "Jehovah."
[/b]
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 6:29am On May 30, 2013
^

You have a mental problem.

You are a nuisance to this forum.

Ijawkid have not given his personal opinion on this thread, but has rather consistently made use of the bible, but all you can do is come up with lame copy and pest propaganda, is that how to preach the word of God?

Is that the example that Jesus and the apostles left behind, go learn from them.

Should you not be ashamed of yourself, that you that claim to be a "true christian" cannot defend the bible like he does?

How then can you be on the right?

Of all those on this thread, from frosbel, Boomark, Ijawkid and all those you accused all the time falsely, who can you withstand on a bible discussion? None!

If you were to be the one defending God, then you are a disgrace.

Did you not see how Eloquent Jesus and his apostles defended God?

Did you not see how effective they used the scriptures ?

They were masters of it.

They did not teach there head knowledge, but they used the word of God.

They handled the word of truth "aright".

Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 6:39am On May 30, 2013
Dux-01:

"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. " (John 17:5-9).

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 6:41am On May 30, 2013
Dux-01:

Who was Jesus christ praying to ?
Was he praying to himself
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:08am On May 30, 2013
@Ijawkid gave you this to show how you people belief errors.

nlMediator:

Interesting question. I'm glad you wrote clearly here that God is the Source of Life. And when shown that the Bible says that Jesus is also the Source of Life, which equates to saying that Jesus and God are one and the same, you pretend you don't understand and ask me where I'm coming from?

"As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. " (John 6:57).

Stop putting your personal opinion on the truth shown to you.

"As
the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. " (John 6:57).
^
Also take note that the father is "living".

He is different from Jesus.

He is "living" differently on his own.

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Pygru: 7:18am On May 30, 2013
truthislight: ^

You have a mental problem.

You are a nuisance to this forum.

Ijawkid have not given his personal opinion on this thread, but has rather consistently made use of the bible, but all you can do is come up with lame copy and pest propaganda, is that how to preach the word of God?

Is that the example that Jesus and the apostles left behind, go learn from them.

Should you not be ashamed of yourself, that you that claim to be a "true christian" cannot defend the bible like he does?

How then can you be on the right?

Of all those on this thread, from frosbel, Boomark, Ijawkid and all those you accused all the time falsely, who can you withstand on a bible discussion? None!

If you were to be the one defending God, then you are a disgrace.

Did you not see how Eloquent Jesus and his apostles defended God?

Did you not see how effective they used the scriptures ?

They were masters of it.

They did not teach there head knowledge, but they used the word of God.

They handled the word of truth "aright".

Shame on you!
frosbel: There are five important facts to remember about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Organization.

1. They have accepted the Organization as the Prophet of God.

2. They have accepted the Organization as God's sole channel for His truth.

3. They believe that to reject the Organization is to reject God.

4. They believe that only the Organization can interpret the Bible; as individuals they are unable to do so.

5. They believe the Watchtower Magazine contains God's truth, directed by Him, through the Organization.

What does the Organization and Watchtower Magazine teach that is in conflict with Orthodox Christianity?

1. That Jesus is a created being/a creature.

2. That Jesus is actually Michael the Archangel

3. That Jesus was not resurrected bodily, but as a spirit being.

4. That Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 (secretly to the Organization)

5. That Jesus was only a man when on earth, not the Word Become flesh.

6. That the Holy Spirit is only an active force, not the person of God.

7. That Hell is simply the grave.

7. That Heaven's doors is open to only 144,000.

8. That the majority of Witnesses must remain on earth.

9. That salvation is found only through the Organization.

10. That it must be maintained by energetic works for the Organization until the end when one may merit eternal life on a paradise earth.

The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe or teach some of the very basic tenets of Christian doctrine.

They deny:

1. The Omnipresence of God.

2. The Deity of Christ.

3. The bodily resurrection of Christ.

4. The visible return of Christ.

5. The Promise of Heaven to all believers.

6. The necessity of the New Birth for all believers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (48) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Heals A Woman In Peru - See Photos / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Maureen Badejo To Pay Daniel Olukoya 6-figure Damages - Court Orders In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.