Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,673 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29067 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 10:53pm On May 28, 2013
Dux-01:
if Jesus has a beginning why did he say he is the alpha and omega in the book of Revelation?

Jesus is not the alpha and Omega.

Revelation is reporting about Christ and His father.

Imediately Jesus is mention, it will be followed by the Father, or, when the father is mentioned, next, the son.

Dont mixed things up and get confused.

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:06pm On May 28, 2013
ijawkid:

I mean all life....be it that of Jesus,the angels,humans and all breathing thing.........
Please read John 6:67

New Living Translation (©2007)
I live because of the living Father
who sent me; in the same way,
anyone who feeds on me will live
because of me.

Also consider hebrews 2:10-11

10 It was only right that God, who creates
and preserves all things, should make Jesus
perfect through suffering, in order to bring
many children to share his glory. For Jesus is
the one who leads them to salvation. 11 He
purifies people from their sins, and both he
and those who are made pure all have the same
Father
. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to
call them his family.

Have you in your wildest dreams asked why we share the same Father and GOD with Jesus??.......

Absolutely mavelose!

Beautiful! smiley
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:11pm On May 28, 2013
benalvino: But if he appointed David to be his firstborn then he has gotten 2 firstborn na... Can't you understand? And thanks for making my case stronger... In this case the firstborn is neither A first child of God or his parents nor is it the first created... Instead the verse is saying he is higher than all the kings in the earth that is preeminence.

Jesus was not "appointed", he is God's only begotten "firstborn" son. QED

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 11:25pm On May 28, 2013
truthislight:

Jesus was not "appointed", he is God's only begotten "firstborn" son. QED

cool

I think you should take a break
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:39am On May 29, 2013
truthislight:

Jesus is not the alpha and Omega.

Revelation is reporting about Christ and His father.

Imediately Jesus is mention, it will be followed by the Father, or, when the father is mentioned, next, the son.

Dont mixed things up and get confused.

cool
but in revelation it is One person who is saying that he is ''the first and the last''and he is ''him that liveth and was dead and is alive''.This could only be Jesus.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:14am On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
but in revelation it is One person who is saying that he is ''the first and the last''and he is ''him that liveth and was dead and is alive''.This could only be Jesus.

Um dude they will close their eyes so dont bother... Explaining
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:25am On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:

Jesus is the first from the dead.
You are allowing what the mother Church had done to get to you.

The name of Yahweh was remove to get you confuse and yes it is working.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:28am On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:

I have not quoted the bible yet but simply told you what is in Revelation that has been shown over and over in this forum.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:33am On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

"And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:28).

And who is the hard hearted and deliberately covering his eyes here now ?

Your Trinity is a false teaching.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:36am On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

Again, dont stop him, maybe, he is a honest hearted person that truly wants to learn.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:01am On May 29, 2013
truthislight:

I have not quoted the bible yet but simply told you what is in Revelation that has been shown over and over in this forum.
but you can't still explain that verse.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:08am On May 29, 2013
truthislight:

but you can't still explain that verse.why?Rev 1:13-19
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2013
truthislight:

Again, dont stop him, maybe, he is a honest hearted person that truly wants to learn.

If Jesus is not God what is he? Answer this question.

I dont want to discuss revelation with you.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Itsfacts: 10:02am On May 29, 2013
When frosbel ijawboy or truthlie or whatever prove that Jesus created him self and prove to me that the bible contradicts it self when it says God created everything then I will know they are correct... Ijaw boy even if you insert other things in your bible it makes no sense if the bible says Jesus created every other thing how come it says yahweh created all things?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:35am On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
but you can't still explain that verse.

Which vers ?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:39am On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
but you can't still explain that verse.why?Rev 1:13-19

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; " (Revelation 1:13-19).

What do you want me to explain there ^ ?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:50am On May 29, 2013
It is the bible that should decide what we should belief in.

benalvino:

If Jesus is not God what is he? Answer this question.

I dont want to discuss revelation with you.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).

"Son of God" >>>
The bible calls him "mighty God"

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3).

While Yahweh is called "almighty God".

Take note, the word God is a title.

Even satan is called god:

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:4)
......................................................................................

So, Yahweh is greater than Jesus christ.

Peace
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 12:04pm On May 29, 2013
twosquare: There are three that bear witness in heaven: The Father, d Word and Holy Ghost and these three are one 1jhn 5:7. he is God....and.he.is d.one who came to help to help us in did endtimes......There was a time it was d Father that was at work on d earth in d old testament, d FATHER spake and stepped aside so dat d Son cud speak also..... d Son came and spake and also stepped aside.dat d Holy Spirit cud speak. They agree in.all things.it is no competition amongst them.Nw.it is d time of d Holy Ghost. We are in d era of d Holy Ghost. He is nw.d one in charge.remember Jesus.said on.revelations....He that has ear, let.him hear what d SPIRIT is saying 2 d churches.dat is it.......shalom!!

I don't know what to say...but that is not it. These are small small man made teachings they brought in to confuse you the more. Read this and correct yourself.

Hebrews 1:1-2
New International Version (NIV)
God’s Final Word: His Son
In the past God spoke to our
ancestors through the prophets at
many times and in various ways,
2 but in these last days he has
spoken to us by his Son, whom he
appointed heir of all things, and
through whom also he made the
universe. Also Rev 1:1.

Who is still speaking? Is He 3? Who made the appointment? Is He 3? So the God the Israelites worshiped is not 3 persons, acts 3:13.

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by azubaby(f): 1:54pm On May 29, 2013
smiley smiley smileyHmmmmm thanks for all d comments
@twosquare,niMediator,frosbel,ijawkid,debroslink,benalvino,itsfacts and every body who has commented.

Really learning alot. Be sure to know dat am readin all replies n Bible quotations.

Will come back wit what i tink after readin all d Bible passages n also prayin abt it
Thanks
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 29, 2013
truthislight:

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; " (Revelation 1:13-19).

explain that Jesus is not the first and the last.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 29, 2013
truthislight:

explain that Jesus is not the first and the last.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by nlMediator: 2:22pm On May 29, 2013
truthislight:

Absolutely mavelose!

Beautiful! smiley

Again, thanks for all the reactions to my question.

1. I agree that the Source of ALL life is God.

2. The Bible also makes clear that Jesus is the Source of ALL Life.

"But you killed the very Source (the Author) of life . . . ." Acts 3:15 AMP.

"You killed the author of life . . . ." Acts 3:15 NIV.

Is there a contradiction there? No. There is only ONE Source of life. If two people are described as the Source of life, it means they are the same person.

It also indicates that Jesus has been in existence all this while. Since angels, plants, animals, and humans all have life, and since angels at least probably have been here for millions of years, it means Jesus has been here longer and did not just show up.

Further, the other portion of Acts 3:15 says God raised Jesus from the dead. That's where the mistake of those who fail to understand that Jesus is God lies. They see Scriptures and do not look at the context. As man, Jesus died and was raised from the dead. But as God, He is the author or source of life.

As I mentioned earlier, I'll show more Scriptures that can ONLY be explained from the angle that Jesus (and the Holy Spirit) is God. Whether you call that Trinity or not is immaterial.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

I don't know what to say...but that is not it. These are small small man made teachings they brought in to confuse you the more. Read this and correct yourself.

Hebrews 1:1-2
New International Version (NIV)
God’s Final Word: His Son
In the past God spoke to our
ancestors through the prophets at
many times and in various ways,
2 but in these last days he has
spoken to us by his Son, whom he
appointed heir of all things, and
through whom also he made the
universe. Also Rev 1:1.

Who is still speaking? Is He 3? Who made the appointment? Is He 3? So the God the Israelites worshiped is not 3 persons, acts 3:13.
in verse 8 of heb 1 God even calls Jesus God saying his throne is forever and ever

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 2:32pm On May 29, 2013
Since my good friend says only begotten son proves that Jesus is created... That means the angels are his begotten sons too... Since he created them also.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 2:40pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
in verse 8 of heb 1 God even calls Jesus God saying his throne is forever and ever

That is when the distinction started I guess and I stand corrected... Today I will be your father and you will be my son... That is before Jesus got into the womb of Mary. Why you will born a child and wait till some time before you tell the child today I will be your father and you will be my son? When you fail to look at the bible and understand what things mean instead you open dictionary to aid you in the bible you get lost... Compare passages and you will find out the meaning of things. Just like firstborn flesh blood etc... Dictionary won't help you to know what they are use to explain in the bible but the bible will help you know the meaning... All you have to do is link scriptures
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 2:44pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino: Since my good friend says only begotten son proves that Jesus is created... That means the angels are his begotten sons too... Since he created them also.

When it says only begotten what does it mean??........

And yes the angels are begotten too but Jesus is Gods only begotten son........Gods first born.............

Haven't I defined what begotten means in its entirety??...............

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
in Rev 1:4-5,John says that Grace and peace from from ''him which is and which was and which is to come'' and from ''the seven spirits before his throne'' and From Jesus christ who is the faithful witness and the first begotten of the Dead''.Now we know that Grace and True peace can only come from God.how can it come from Jesus directly if he is not God?John would have just said Grace be to you from God but he mentioned three distinct people.

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 2:49pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

When it says only begotten what does it mean??........

And yes the angels are begotten too but Jesus is Gods only begotten son........Gods first born.............

Haven't I defined what begotten means in its entirety??...............

Killed your self with contradiction..
if the angels are his begotten sons why is Jesus the only begotten son? Does it make any sense?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 2:53pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:

Don't worry..your problem is about to be solved......

Please read this from the psalms it was extracted from......

This is the GOodnews translation........

Psalms 45:6-7

6 The kingdom that God has given you will last
forever and ever. You rule over your people
with justice;
7 you love what is right and hate what is evil.
That is why God, your God, has chosen you and
has poured out more happiness on you than on
any other king.

This is just one sincere translation that gave a balanced rendition of hebrews 1:8 and psalms 45:6-7 from which it was excerpted from.............

The kingdom Jesus is receiving from God is the same kingdom that was given to david which ofcourse would last forever...........

And to make that verse 8 not even sound like something that should support the trinity verse 9 further says ""that is why GOD,your GOD has chosen you""...........

It is so obvious that Jesus has a GOD and that GOD is the same GOD Jesus said we should worship and that GOD is the GOD who sent Jesus and that GOD is the GOD who is the one GOD........

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Don't worry..your problem is about to be solved......

Please read this from the psalms it was extracted from......

This is the GOodnews translation........

Psalms 45:6-7

6 The kingdom that God has given you will last
forever and ever. You rule over your people
with justice;
7 you love what is right and hate what is evil.
That is why God, your God, has chosen you and
has poured out more happiness on you than on
any other king.

This is just one sincere translation that gave a balanced rendition of hebrews 1:8 and psalms 45:6-7 from which it was excerpted from.............

The kingdom Jesus is receiving from God is the same kingdom that was given to david which ofcourse would last forever...........

And to make that verse 8 not even sound like something that should support the trinity verse 9 further says ""that is why GOD,your GOD has chosen you""...........

It is so obvious that Jesus has a GOD and that GOD is the same GOD Jesus said we should worship and that GOD is the GOD who sent Jesus and that GOD is the GOD who is the one GOD........
you say Jesus is not God.Is Jesus worthy to be worshipped?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 2:58pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

Killed your self with contradiction..
if the angels are his begotten sons why is Jesus the only begotten son? Does it make any sense?

Jesus is the only begotten son because he is the one person and the first thing God created directly.......and that Jesus became the agent through which God created all other things........this is why Jesus is rightly called the firstborn of all creation and also the beginning of Gods creation.............

Hope you get the point??......

Example for you........

Isaac was called abrahams only begotten son...............I guess you know why.......isaac later on did give birth to his own kids and all were grand sons of abraham while abraham became there fore-Father........but isaac strictly was abrahams only begotten son.....

Which ofcourse shows abraham begeted isaac.........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 3:00pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
you say Jesus is not God.Is Jesus worthy to be worshipped?

Jesu§ is worthy to be adored and reverenced......but when it comes to exclusive worship and devotioÑ it belongs to the Father alone whom Jesus himself worships...................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Heals A Woman In Peru - See Photos / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Maureen Badejo To Pay Daniel Olukoya 6-figure Damages - Court Orders In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.