Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,366 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29063 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
in verse 8 of heb 1 God even calls Jesus God saying his throne is forever and ever

From my quote, i showed twosquare that what he has been believing is wrong. Do you disagree with me? am not in the business of quoting and counter quoting. it doesn't help. Explain how your quote above shows that the God that has been speaking through the prophets and now through Jesus is Jesus himself. is that God Jesus? Or are you just hanging on the Title "God"? Please if we are truthful let us try and answer our questions.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 3:04pm On May 29, 2013
Titus 2:14-15
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. 15These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise you.

this is one of the many verses
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

From my quote, i showed twosquare that what he has been believing is wrong. Do you disagree with me? am not in the business of quoting and counter quoting. it doesn't help. Explain how your quote above shows that the God that has been speaking through the prophets and now through Jesus is Jesus himself. is that God Jesus? Or are you just hanging on the Title "God"? Please if we are truthful let us try and answer our questions.
what i mean specifically is that it is GOD THE FATHER THAT called THE SON GOD.meaning they are two distinct perons there in that passage.many times when the word God is used in the bible it refers to Three persons.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Jesu§ is worthy to be adored and reverenced......but when it comes to exclusive worship and devotioÑ it belongs to the Father alone whom Jesus himself worships...................

so are you trying to say it is wrong to SERVE Jesus?are you also sayin that the book of Rev is wrong by giving Glory and honour to Jesus as the Lamb?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 3:19pm On May 29, 2013
lol @ijawkid if God calls Jesus God what kind of sense it makes? when the bible says there is only one God even God said it with his mouth... why should he call Jesus God. Like in Psalms 45:6-7 and Hebrews 1:8 your throne Oh God... how doesn't that shows that the father and son is God? the trinity is God is one The father son and holy spirit is God... Father the 1st person(office) son 2nd person(office) and HolySpirit 3rd(office) all three are the one GOD. that is why we cant understand God fully... he is infinite he can operate in various forms... he can be everywhere. it is simple... the father cannot call another person God when he says he is the only God. you get the point?

you said Jesus is not God but the father calls him Oh God in Hebrews and calls him God in psalm now why will the father do that?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino: lol @ijawkid if God calls Jesus God what kind of sense it makes? when the bible says there is only one God even God said it with his mouth... why should he call Jesus God. Like in Psalms 45:6-7 and Hebrews 1:8 your throne Oh God... how doesn't that shows that the father and son is God? the trinity is God is one The father son and holy spirit is God... Father the 1st person(office) son 2nd person(office) and HolySpirit 3rd(office) all three are the one GOD. that is why we cant understand God fully... he is infinite he can operate in various forms... he can be everywhere. it is simple... the father cannot call another person God when he says he is the only God. you get the point?

you said Jesus is not God but the father calls him Oh God in Hebrews and calls him God in psalm now why will the father do that?
Exactly.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 3:29pm On May 29, 2013
God had BEFORE DETERMINED that Jesus Christ would be crucified ON A SPECIFIC DAY IN HISTORY. This SPECIFIC DAY transpired IN REAL TIME approximately two thousand years ago when Herod, Pilate, the Gentiles and the people of Israel gathered together to crucify Jesus Christ. IOW, although God had FOREKNOWLEDGE of this day, the day itself manifested approximately two thousand years ago and it was A LITERAL DAY (the feast of Passover). Why is this important? Because those who insist that Jesus Christ was "eternally begotten" will force a meaning on the next portion of this PROPHETIC (foretelling FUTURE events that had yet to occur at the time of its writing) Psalm that is not only unscriptural and out of context, but also quite unnecessary. That forced meaning is that the day in which Christ was "begotten" was an eternal day. As we're about to see, such a forced meaning has no merit to it whatsoever...at least not in the manner in which such adherents to this doctrine advocate.

Psalm 2:4-7

"He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore dispeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE."

How does God respond to those who have gathered together to crucify Jesus Christ? God laughs at those who foolishly think that they can thwart His predetermined plan and says, "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion" or that He will raise the crucified Christ from the dead and that He (Christ) will still reign as God's appointed King. Through the mouth of His servant David, God PROPHETICALLY says, "I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE". Here, the LORD (God) says to Jesus, that He will "beget" Him on A SPECIFIC DAY ("this day"wink and this "begetting" is directly related to HIS RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD and has absolutley nothing to do whatsoever with either Christ's origins (being supposedly "eternally begotten" as the Nicene Creed teaches) or with His incarnation/the virgin birth (as others believe). Once again, this is not merely my opinion, nor is it my "private interpretation", but it is, IN FACT, the plain teaching of scripture, for we read:

Acts 13:26-33

"Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him. And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. BUT GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD: And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. And we declare unto you glad tidings, HOW THAT THE PROMISE WHICH WAS MADE UNTO THE FATHERS, GOD HATH FULFILLED THE SAME UNTO US THEIR CHILDREN, IN THAT HE HATH RAISED UP JESUS AGAIN; AS IT IS ALSO WRITTEN IN THE SECOND PSALM, THOU ART MY SON, THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE."

The Apostle Paul plainly stated that GOD FULFILLED THE PROPHETIC PROMISE THAT WAS MADE UNTO THE FATHERS IN THE SECOND PSALM IN THE DAY IN WHICH HE "RAISED UP JESUS AGAIN" OR IN THE DAY IN WHICH HE "RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD". IOW, whereas those who adhere to the doctrine of Jesus somehow being "eternally begotten" seek to attribute "this day" to a time in eternity past when Jesus was supposedly "eternally generated" (SELF-CONTRADICTION, as that which is ETERNAL cannot be GENERATED) or when "God begot God" (Jesus is NOT a "begotten God"wink or the day in which "The Father was the beginning of the Son" (Jesus is ETERNAL and therefore had no BEGINNING), the scriptures plainly teach that "this day" found its actual fulfillment IN REAL TIME approximately two thousand years ago ON THE DAY IN WHICH JESUS CHRIST WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD (the feast of Firstfruits). Continuing on, IN CONTEXT, with the second Psalm, we read:
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 3:33pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino: Titus 2:14-15
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. 15These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise you.

this is one of the many verses

Let's compare this renditions my bro.......

Check the websters translation and see the distinction from the comma......

Also check up the world english bible.....

Webster's Bible Translation
Looking for that blessed hope, and
the glorious appearing of the great
God
, and our Savior Jesus Christ;

World English Bible
looking for the blessed hope and
appearing of the glory of our great
God and Savior, Jesus Christ;

The translation you're using makes it sound like Jesus is the great GOD that would be appearing when paul in verse 10 of that same titus 2 had identified who the great GOD really is.........

What paul was driving home at was that Jesus would come in the glory of his Father who is the glorious GOD.......once again you can't bring out one twisted scripture to prove Jesus is the almighty GOD because it would contradict the whole scripture.....paul as we know knew that the one GOD is the Father and not Jesus Christ

Let's see if Jesus would come in the glory of his GOD and Father......

Matthew 16:27.....

New International Version
(©2011)
For the Son of Man is going to
come in his Father's glory with his
angels, and then he will reward
each person according to what
they have done.

Scriptures do well to explain itself and not contradict itself.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 3:35pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
what i mean specifically is that it is GOD THE FATHER THAT called THE SON GOD.meaning they are two distinct perons there in that passage. many times when the word God is used in the bible it refers to Three persons.

Ok. At least am right when i said twosquare is wrong.

Where can we see the bolded? That is where one God refers to 3 persons. We are not talking of 3 Gods.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 3:37pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino: lol @ijawkid if God calls Jesus God what kind of sense it makes? when the bible says there is only one God even God said it with his mouth... why should he call Jesus God. Like in Psalms 45:6-7 and Hebrews 1:8 your throne Oh God... how doesn't that shows that the father and son is God? the trinity is God is one The father son and holy spirit is God... Father the 1st person(office) son 2nd person(office) and HolySpirit 3rd(office) all three are the one GOD. that is why we cant understand God fully... he is infinite he can operate in various forms... he can be everywhere. it is simple... the father cannot call another person God when he says he is the only God. you get the point?

And even after quoting from another rendition to clarify the issue u are still confused........

And who says the GOD that Jesus was called should even be in capital letters??.....angry.......

Is Jesus the only person GOD has called god before??.......aren't we gods too??.......

Isn't satan called god too??........

What should solve your problem is that that Jesus has a GOD.........

Does The Father have a GOD??....did Yahweh call Jesus ""MY GOD??........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 3:40pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Let's compare this renditions my bro.......

Check the websters translation and see the distinction from the comma......

Also check up the world english bible.....

Looking for that blessed hope, and
the glorious appearing of the great
God
, and our Savior Jesus Christ;

World English Bible
looking for the blessed hope and
appearing of the glory of our great
God and Savior, Jesus Christ;

The translation you're using makes it sound like Jesus is the great GOD that would be appearing when paul in verse 10 of that same titus 2 had identified who the great GOD really is.........

What paul was driving home at was that Jesus would come in the glory of his Father who is the glorious GOD.......once again you can't bring out one twisted scripture to prove Jesus is the almighty GOD because it would contradict the whole scripture.....paul as we know knew that the one GOD is the Father and not Jesus Christ

Let's see if Jesus would come in the glory of his GOD and Father......

Matthew 16:27.....

(©2011)
For the Son of Man is going to
come in his Father's glory with his
angels, and then he will reward
each person according to what
they have done.

Scriptures do well to explain itself and not contradict itself.......

you always pick from the one that tries to support your point of view good... these are all the translation I can find... I wonder why you didn't quote from your goodnews translation this time. but see them and tell me what you think.

New International Version (©2011)
while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
New Living Translation (©2007)
while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

English Standard Version (©2001)
waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
while we wait for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

International Standard Version (©2012)
as we wait for the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior, Jesus the Messiah.

NET Bible (©2006)
as we wait for the happy fulfillment of our hope in the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
While we look for the blessed hope and the revelation of the glory of The Great God and Our Lifegiver, Yeshua The Messiah,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
At the same time we can expect what we hope for-the appearance of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;

American King James Version
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;

American Standard Version
looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Douay-Rheims Bible
Looking for the blessed hope and coming of the glory of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ,

Darby Bible Translation
awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

English Revised Version
looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Savior Jesus Christ;

Weymouth New Testament
in expectation of the fulfilment of our blessed hope--the Appearing in glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

World English Bible
looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ;

Young's Literal Translation
waiting for the blessed hope and manifestation of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ,
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino: God had BEFORE DETERMINED that Jesus Christ would be crucified ON A SPECIFIC DAY IN HISTORY. This SPECIFIC DAY transpired IN REAL TIME approximately two thousand years ago when Herod, Pilate, the Gentiles and the people of Israel gathered together to crucify Jesus Christ. IOW, although God had FOREKNOWLEDGE of this day, the day itself manifested approximately two thousand years ago and it was A LITERAL DAY (the feast of Passover). Why is this important? Because those who insist that Jesus Christ was "eternally begotten" will force a meaning on the next portion of this PROPHETIC (foretelling FUTURE events that had yet to occur at the time of its writing) Psalm that is not only unscriptural and out of context, but also quite unnecessary. That forced meaning is that the day in which Christ was "begotten" was an eternal day. As we're about to see, such a forced meaning has no merit to it whatsoever...at least not in the manner in which such adherents to this doctrine advocate.

Psalm 2:4-7

"He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore dispeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE."

How does God respond to those who have gathered together to crucify Jesus Christ? God laughs at those who foolishly think that they can thwart His predetermined plan and says, "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion" or that He will raise the crucified Christ from the dead and that He (Christ) will still reign as God's appointed King. Through the mouth of His servant David, God PROPHETICALLY says, "I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE". Here, the LORD (God) says to Jesus, that He will "beget" Him on A SPECIFIC DAY ("this day"wink and this "begetting" is directly related to HIS RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD and has absolutley nothing to do whatsoever with either Christ's origins (being supposedly "eternally begotten" as the Nicene Creed fteaches) or with His incarnation/the virgin birth (as others believe). Once again, this is not merely my opinion, nor is it my "private interpretation", but it is, IN FACT, the plain teaching of scripture, for we read:

Acts 13:26-33

"Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him. And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. BUT GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD: And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. And we declare unto you glad tidings, HOW THAT THE PROMISE WHICH WAS MADE UNTO THE FATHERS, GOD HATH FULFILLED THE SAME UNTO US THEIR CHILDREN, IN THAT HE HATH RAISED UP JESUS AGAIN; AS IT IS ALSO WRITTEN IN THE SECOND PSALM, THOU ART MY SON, THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE."

The Apostle Paul plainly stated that GOD FULFILLED THE PROPHETIC PROMISE THAT WAS MADE UNTO THE FATHERS IN THE SECOND PSALM IN THE DAY IN WHICH HE "RAISED UP JESUS AGAIN" OR IN THE DAY IN WHICH HE "RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD". IOW, whereas those who adhere to the doctrine of Jesus somehow being "eternally begotten" seek to attribute "this day" to a time in eternity past when Jesus was supposedly "eternally generated" (SELF-CONTRADICTION, as that which is ETERNAL cannot be GENERATED) or when "God begot God" (Jesus is NOT a "begotten God"wink or the day in which "The Father was the beginning of the Son" (Jesus is ETERNAL and therefore had no BEGINNING), the scriptures plainly teach that "this day" found its actual fulfillment IN REAL TIME approximately two thousand years ago ON THE DAY IN WHICH JESUS CHRIST WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD (the feast of Firstfruits). Continuing on, IN CONTEXT, with the second Psalm, we read:

And what you have failed to explain which I have explained is how Jesus became the only begotten son of GOD??.......please explain the only aspect........

What you have failed to explain from your exposition is how Jesus is the only begotten.....

And also your failure to address Jesus being the beginning of Gods creation which is still pending................

You have way too many explanations to give....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 3:50pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

And even after quoting from another rendition to clarify the issue u are still confused........

And who says the GOD that Jesus was called should even be in capital letters??.....angry.......

Is Jesus the only person GOD has called god before??.......aren't we gods too??.......

lol therefore God, your God... if the verse say I your God I will understand but it says God Your God... what does it mean? then link it to Hebrew 1-8

Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Psalm 45:6-7
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1:7-9
And of the angels he said, Who makes his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. 8But to the Son he said, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. 9You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. now God called Jesus O God... you tried to run away from it... you see that psalms and Hebrew are same thing?

What I see is Big letter G... I don't know how you are translating it.

and if you have a son and tell him your father says go home does it make sense? you are his father how can you tell him what his father says... if you use I said Go home then it makes sense.
try and change it to small letter.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 3:54pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

you always pick from the one that tries to support your point of view good... these are all the translation I can find... I wonder why you didn't quote from your goodnews translation this time. but see them and tell me what you think.

New International Version (©2011)
while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
New Living Translation (©2007)
while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

English Standard Version (©2001)
waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
while we wait for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

International Standard Version (©2012)
as we wait for the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior, Jesus the Messiah.

NET Bible (©2006)
as we wait for the happy fulfillment of our hope in the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
While we look for the blessed hope and the revelation of the glory of The Great God and Our Lifegiver, Yeshua The Messiah,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
At the same time we can expect what we hope for-the appearance of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

American King James Version

American Standard Version
looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Douay-Rheims Bible
Looking for the blessed hope and coming of the glory of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ,

Darby Bible Translation
awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

English Revised Version
looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Savior Jesus Christ;

Weymouth New Testament
in expectation of the fulfilment of our blessed hope--the Appearing in glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

World English Bible
looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ;

Young's Literal Translation
waiting for the blessed hope and manifestation of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ,

And you still don't see contradictions even from all the renditions given.??..........

Some say glorius appearing of our GOD and saviour with out even a comma to seperate GOD and the and before the saviour......

Some say awaiting the glory of our GOD and saviour,which is Jesus Christs signifying that Jesus isn't the God but would come in Gods glory as is mentioned in matthew I quoted............

While the websters gives it a better outlook by seperating the great GOD from Jesus Christ..........

It is convenient for you to quickly quote these scriptures without settling down to see how it would contradict the whole bible.....hope you remember how your romans 9:5 too was squashed??...,,.......

The scriptures should explain itself and right now what you are doing is trying to contradict the hell out of the bible by cherry picking twisted and misconstrued renditions.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 3:55pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

And you still don't see contradictions even from all the renditions given.??..........

Some say glorius appearing of our GOD and saviour with out even a comma to seperate GOD and the and before the saviour......

Some say awaiting the glory of our GOD and saviour,which is Jesus Christs signifying that Jesus isn't the God but would come in Gods glory as is mentioned in matthew I quoted............

While the websters gives it a better outlook by seperating the great GOD from Jesus Christ..........

It is convenient for you to quickly quote these scriptures without settling down to see how it would contradict the whole bible.....hope you remember how your romans 9:5 too was squashed??...,,.......

The scriptures should explain itself and right now what you are doing is trying to contradict the hell out of the bible by cherry picking twisted and misconstrued renditions.......

all are identical except one... grin
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 4:02pm On May 29, 2013
Back to begotten

In (Heb 11:17), it says Abraham offered up to God, Isaac, his only begotten son. However,
ijawtubo pumbobasticks you know that Abraham had another son, Ishmael. So, clearly Isaac wasn't Abraham's ONLY
begotten (created) son. In this example, "only begotten" means that Isaac was the son through
which God was going to fulfill His covenant promises (See: Gen 15:4-5, Gen 17:19-21). This is
a parallel example of Jesus being begotten of the Father. Jesus was the one, sent by the Father,
through which the promises of the New Covenant would be fulfilled.

So begotten doesn't prove he was created. Read my post earlier... Too I will give you time.

Ps. you don't read bible and open dictionary to understand it... you will be lost. read bible and open bible to understand it.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

lol therefore God, your God... if the verse say I your God I will understand but it says God Your God... what does it mean? then link it to Hebrew 1-8

Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And of the angels he said, Who makes his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. 8But to the Son he said, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. 9You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. now God called Jesus O God... you tried to run away from it... you see that psalms and Hebrew are same thing?

and if you have a son and tell him your father says go home does it make sense? you are his father how can you tell him what his father says... if you use I said Go home then it makes sense.

I am even evoking other translations to show you that your thoughts on hebrews and psalms is completely warped.....

Let us see how the RSV rendered psalm 45:6

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

6 Your divine throne endures for ever and
ever. Your royal scepter is a scepter of
equity;

It didn't even add your throne oh GOd.....

Because it would contradict the next verse where it says the purported God has a God who is annointing him........

This is what you have failed to see which I want you to see......

And I have told you that that kingdom which is to last forever is the kingdom which david ruled which is to last forever......and I also informed you that GOD never called Jesus MY GOD.........

Rather it is Jesus who has called the Father MY GOD numerous times.......

and who in the world told you that all the other places God was used for humans and for idols they were small letters from the hebrew and greek manuscript??
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 4:08pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

all are identical except one... grin

You still didn't even notice the difference between glorius appearing and the appearing of the glory of

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 4:10pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino: Back to begotten

In (Heb 11:17), it says Abraham offered up to God, Isaac, his only begotten son. However,
ijawtubo pumbobasticks you know that Abraham had another son, Ishmael. So, clearly Isaac wasn't Abraham's ONLY
begotten (created) son. In this example, "only begotten" means that Isaac was the son through
which God was going to fulfill His covenant promises (See: Gen 15:4-5, Gen 17:19-21). This is
a parallel example of Jesus being begotten of the Father. Jesus was the one, sent by the Father,
through which the promises of the New Covenant would be fulfilled.

So begotten doesn't prove he was created. Read my post earlier... Too I will give you time.

Ps. you don't read bible and open dictionary to understand it... you will be lost. read bible and open bible to understand it.

As at the time abraham was to sacrifice isaac was ismeal alife??............

And you haven't even answered what Jesus being the beginning of Gods creation means.......you have escaped from Jesus being firstborn of all creation.......Jesus being the beginning of Gods creation is waiting for you....

You have a very long way to go my bro...........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 4:14pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

I am even evoking other translations to show you that your thoughts on hebrews and psalms is completely warped.....

Let us see how the RSV rendered psalm 45:6

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

6 Your divine throne endures for ever and
ever. Your royal scepter is a scepter of
equity;

It didn't even add your throne oh GOd.....

Because it would contradict the next verse where it says the purported God has a God who is annointing him........

This is what you have failed to see which I want you to see......

And I have told you that that kingdom which is to last forever is the kingdom which david ruled which is to last forever......and I also informed you that GOD never called Jesus MY GOD.........

Rather it is Jesus who has called the Father MY GOD numerous times.......

and who in the world told you that all the other places God was used for humans and for idols they were small letters from the hebrew and greek manuscript??

Before quoting from Goodnews then another now another just because it helps your argument again suddenly the Good news is not a good bible anymore now is RSV.... when it reaches another RSV wont be a good one you will look for another... you want to check the greek so that we know the original meaning and remove English language? you want to? grin
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 4:20pm On May 29, 2013
And ben alvino....may I remind you that psalms 45:6 had its earlier fulfillment on solomon before it did on Jesus.....

So you should be ready to accept that Yahweh was also in your thoughts calling solomon oh GOD.......

grin.........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

Before quoting from Goodnews then another now another just because it helps your argument again suddenly the Good news is not a good bible anymore now is RSV.... when it reaches another RSV wont be a good one you will look for another... you want to check the greek so that we know the original meaning and remove English language? you want to? grin

Nope I'm considering all d facts bro.........

I was only pointing out that from the hebrew and greek original manuscripts the seperation between capital letters and small letters never existed........

So your argument on the big letter G is totally flawed......

And please keep meditating on the fact that the purported God being annointed has a God over him who is annointing him.......

And that this verse had its earlier fulfillment on a human king before it did on Jesus......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ckkris: 4:28pm On May 29, 2013
Jesus of Nazareth is the Almighty God. Jesus of Nazareth is the Word of God that became Flesh. The Word of God is Inside God, not outside of God. Trinity means ONE GOD, Deuternomy 6:4. The Hebrew word God is a plural Elohim. Thats why in Genesis 1:26 God, Elohim, plural, said let US make man in OUR image. Immediately in the next verse 27, God, Elohim, plural, created man in HIS own image, in the image of God created HE him. This is what Moses wrote by divine revelation. Anyone that claims to believe Moses, must believe this clear revelation that runs from Genesis to Revelation. This is what I believe, this is what I teach. Let the Most High, The One True God, be the Judge, in the victorious name of Jesus, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

but look at this it says your''divine ''throne.that makes all the difference.that divine there cannot be referred to humans or satan.IT IS OF GOD.That is why his throne IS GOD's throne.even your bible says it is ''divine''.There is no one whom you can refer the word divine to except God even lucifer was never regarded as divine and if it is referred to Jesus well i think you know the conclusion.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 4:54pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid: And ben alvino....may I remind you that psalms 45:6 had its earlier fulfillment on solomon before it did on Jesus.....

So you should be ready to accept that Yahweh was also in your thoughts calling solomon oh GOD.......

grin.........

you and I know Solomon throne cannot last forever and ever... so don't worry it is applied to Jesus.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
but look at this it says your''divine ''throne.that makes all the difference.that divine there cannot be referred to humans or satan.IT IS OF GOD.That is why his throne IS GOD's throne.even your bible says it is ''divine''.There is no one whom you can refer the word divine to except God even lucifer was never regarded as divine and if it is referred to Jesus well i think you know the conclusion.

This divine throne is the same throne which david sat on and solomon..........

The whole ish of that verse is to tell all of us that the throne on which these servants of GOD(Jesus,david,solomon) sat and sitting on is from GOD.......that is why the throne is divine......

Please read 1 chronicles 29:23

International Standard Version
(©2012)
So Solomon sat on the throne of
the LORD
as king in the place of
his father David. He prospered,
and all of Israel obeyed him.

See also the true meaning of that verse when it is also applying to Jesus....

Luke 1:32

(©2011)
He will be great and will be called
the Son of the Most High. The
Lord God will give him the throne
of his father David

Gbam!!!!......

The throne which is divine on which Jesus would sit is from the almighty God Yahweh......

David sat on it,solomon did and now its Jesus who would be given that throne......

That throne is divine because its source is Yahweh .......

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

you and I know Solomon throne cannot last forever and ever... so don't worry it is applied to Jesus.

Oh yeat it can and will..because actually the throne solomon sat on is Gods throne...and it is that same throne Jesus would be sitting on...that is why the throne is rendered as DIVINE.......

Corroborate this whole discuss with the kingdoms and rulership that the son of Man was given to when he was presented before the ancient of days..........

Thank you.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 5:09pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

This divine throne is the same throne which david sat on and solomon..........

The whole ish of that verse is to tell all of us that the throne on which these servants of GOD(Jesus,david,solomon) sat and sitting on is from GOD.......that is why the throne is divine......

Please read 1 chronicles 29:23

International Standard Version
(©2012)
So Solomon sat on the throne of
the LORD
as king in the place of
his father David. He prospered,
and all of Israel obeyed him.

See also the true meaning of that verse when it is also applying to Jesus....

Luke 1:32

(©2011)
He will be great and will be called
the Son of the Most High. The
Lord God will give him the throne
of his father David

Gbam!!!!......

The throne which is divine on which Jesus would sit is from the almighty God Yahweh......

David sat on it,solomon did and now its Jesus who would be given that throne......

That throne is divine because its source is Yahweh .......

so where is the throne?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 5:13pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

why did it say "God, thy God"? As in, why would Jesus have a God? Like you have a God over you. For what? Look below too and explain?

Rev 3:12
12 The one who is victorious I will
make a pillar in the temple of my
God.
Never again will they leave it.
I will write on them the name of
my God
and the name of the city of
my God,
the new Jerusalem, which
is coming down out of heaven from
my God;
and I will also write on
them my new name.

He also said the same thing in Mt 20:17. Where he call the Father his God and our God. Is this term "God" just a title or does it show subjection? 1Cor 15:27-28.

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:15pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

so where is the throne?

What you should be asking is where is the source of the throne.......cheesy......

At least you have seen solomon sat on Gods throne..........the source is what you should be concerned about.........

Well Jesus would be ruling from heaven while solomon and david ruled when on earth.......but all of them sat on Gods throne which is divine........

cheesy......

That is why I say the source is what you should acknowledge.......cheesy
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Oh yeat it can and will..because actually the throne solomon sat on is Gods throne...and it is that same throne Jesus would be sitting on...that is why the throne is rendered as DIVINE.......

Corroborate this whole discuss with the kingdoms and rulership that the son of Man was given to when he was presented before the ancient of days..........

Thank you.....
are you tryin to say that it is worthy to worship,serve or glorify Jesus
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 5:36pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

What you should be asking is where is the source of the throne.......cheesy......

At least you have seen solomon sat on Gods throne..........the source is what you should be concerned about.........

Well Jesus would be ruling from heaven while solomon and david ruled when on earth.......but all of them sat on Gods throne which is divine........

cheesy......

That is why I say the source is what you should acknowledge.......cheesy

he sat on his fathers throne David... you mean say Solomon go Heaven go sitdown for God throne... na wa for you o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (48) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Heals A Woman In Peru - See Photos / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Maureen Badejo To Pay Daniel Olukoya 6-figure Damages - Court Orders In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.