Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,570 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29065 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:39pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
are you tryin to say that it is worthy to worship,serve or glorify Jesus

When you say worship what do you mean??......worship has so many meanings.........

I can serve Jesus,I can adore him,but to worship Jesus in the literal sense of worship I wouldn't .......you know why??...

Listen to Jesus himself...

Hear Jesus' words...

Luke 4:8.....

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
(©2010)
Yeshua answered and said to him,
“It is written: 'you shall worship
THE LORD JEHOVAH your God
and him only you shall serve.' “

We should be able to know how the word worship applies..........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:41pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

he sat on his fathers throne David... you mean say Solomon go Heaven go sitdown for God throne... na wa for you o.

Throne does not mean a physical throne or OBA chair......throne signifies rulership and authority........

What you should be asking is how Jesus sat on davids throne...........

Now you see..........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 5:50pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

This divine throne is the same throne which david sat on and solomon..........

The whole ish of that verse is to tell all of us that the throne on which these servants of GOD(Jesus,david,solomon) sat and sitting on is from GOD.......that is why the throne is divine......

Please read 1 chronicles 29:23

International Standard Version
(©2012)
So Solomon sat on the throne of
the LORD
as king in the place of
his father David. He prospered,
and all of Israel obeyed him.

See also the true meaning of that verse when it is also applying to Jesus....

Luke 1:32

New International Version
(©2011)
He will be great and will be called
the Son of the Most High. The
Lord God will give him the throne
of his father David

Gbam!!!!......

The throne which is divine on which Jesus would sit is from the almighty God Yahweh......

David sat on it,solomon did and now its Jesus who would be given that throne......

That throne is divine because its source is Yahweh .......

Rev 3:21
21 To the one who is victorious, I
will give the right to sit with me on
my throne, just as I was victorious
and sat down with my Father on
his throne.

Can they tell us if Jesus sat on this throne as equal to the Father before he became victorious? Where was he sitting before then?

@Dux-01
You have avoided my questions.

2 Likes

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

he sat on his fathers throne David... you mean say Solomon go Heaven go sitdown for God throne... na wa for you o.
i just don't understand o
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 5:51pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Throne does not mean a physical throne or OBA chair......throne signifies rulership and authority........

What you should be asking is how Jesus sat on davids throne...........

Now you see..........

thank you... now you are talking... is there only one throne in Heaven?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

Please have you read up boomarks quote from revelation??.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:55pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
i just don't understand o

You guys still don't get it.......

Ask how Jesus sat on davids throne.....cheesy......

That is why I say ruminate on the very source of that throne or authority that is confered on Jesus.......cheesy.......

I had already quoted daniel 7:13-14 to hit the nail on the head.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 5:59pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Please have you read up boomarks quote from revelation??.......

The thrones both in heaven and earth was all created by Jesus... you question you always ask where is the holy spirit when Jesus sat on the right hand of God... he sat at the throne abi?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 6:02pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

The thrones both in heaven and earth was all created by Jesus... you question you always ask where is the holy spirit when Jesus sat on the right hand of God... he sat at the throne abi?

Yeah the thrones in heaven and on earth were created through Jesus.......

But ofcourse Gods(who is the God over Jesus) own throne is excepted........abi you disagree??........

Have we not read 1 corinthians 15:24-28 earlier??.........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by nlMediator: 6:11pm On May 29, 2013
I take it that everybody now accepts the irrefutable fact that Jesus is the Source of Life. And that can only mean that He is God. I wonder why the continued waste of space arguing on the issue of His divinity.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 6:11pm On May 29, 2013
And benalvino....the holy spirit was no where to be found sitting close to GOD in heaven....I think that fact alone squashes the trinity....wink.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2013
nlMediator: I take it that everybody now accepts the irrefutable fact that Jesus is the Source of Life. And that can only mean that He is God. I wonder why the continued waste of space arguing on the issue of His divinity.

And where are you coming from??.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 29, 2013
Boomark:

Rev 3:21
21 To the one who is victorious, I
will give the right to sit with me on
my throne, just as I was victorious
and sat down with my Father on
his throne.

Can they tell us if Jesus sat on this throne as equal to the Father before he became victorious? Where was he sitting before then?

@Dux-01
You have avoided my questions.
believe me.Jesus has always been on the throne with God the Father from the beginning, he said that if we overcome(make him happy,exercise our victory over sin,satan and the world)we would co-rule with him when he came down to earth,he set an example for us to follow.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 6:16pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid: And benalvino....the holy spirit was no where to be found sitting close to GOD in heaven....I think that fact alone squashes the trinity....wink.......

because he is with the one giving the revelation... and the Bible still doesn't Apply the O God to Solomon... even the apostles have thrones in heaven... when I finish my chat with Sasha on Skype then I will Show you everything you need to know.. I like the fact that you understand this one not with Dictionary but with bible...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 6:24pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

because he is with the one giving the revelation... and the Bible still doesn't Apply the O God to Solomon... even the apostles have thrones in heaven... when I finish my chat with Sasha on Skype then I will Show you everything you need to know.. I like the fact that you understand this one not with Dictionary but with bible...

I can't believe you can utter the bolded..........

gringrin......

Please u can say this to stephen,daniel,isaiah,david,paul etc who had visions of Jesus sitting at the right hand of God.....grin.......

So you have now confined the holy spirit to a particular space..........chei....

While you are at it please inform us when the holy spirit joined Jesus Christ on Gods throne.....cheesy....

And psalm 45:6-7 had its first fulfillment on a hunman king....please read down from verse 8 and 9 and see that that psalm aPplied to a human king.........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid: And benalvino....the holy spirit was no where to be found sitting close to GOD in heaven....I think that fact alone squashes the trinity....wink.......
believe me the emerald rainbow i encircling the throne Rev 4:3 refers to the Holy spirit.emerald is green and green stands for power,productivity,and mercy which refers to the Holy Spirit.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 6:51pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
believe me the emerald rainbow i encircling the throne Rev 4:3 refers to the Holy spirit.emerald is green and green stands for power,productivity,and mercy which refers to the Holy Spirit.

Chei.....

Smh!!!!!!..........

And may I remind all of us about the topic of this thread??........

Its even about the holyspirit and where it is refered to as GOD in the scriptures........

And my guy the rainbow around Gods throne does not mean the holy spirit......

I just don't know where you got that understanding from..........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Chei.....

Smh!!!!!!..........

Its even about the holyspirit and where it is refered to as GOD in the scriptures........

well, i knew you would not believe it and if you believ in the book of Rev you should not have any problem believing that Jesus is worthy of praise as God.and wait, do you believe that Jesus is the Lamb talked about in Rev
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 7:03pm On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

1ch 28:5
“And of all my sons, (for the
LORD hath given me many
sons,) he hath chosen Solomon
my son to sit upon the throne
of the kingdom of the LORD
over Israel”.

Israel is Gods kingdom and Those who rule as king in Gods kingdom are sitting upon His throne.

1 Chronicles 17:11-14
New King James Version (NKJV)
11 And it shall be, when your days
are fulfilled, when you must go to
be with your fathers, that I will set
up your seed after you, who will be
of your sons; and I will establish his
kingdom. 12 He shall build Me a
house, and I will establish his
throne forever. 13 I will be his
Father, and he shall be My son;
and
I will not take My mercy away from
him, as I took it from him who was
before you. 14 And I will establish
him in My house and in My
kingdom forever; and his throne
shall be established forever.”’”

This throne is to be established forever and the one that will sit on it forever is Jesus after Solomon.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:06pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
well, i knew you would not believe it and if you believ in the book of Rev you should not have any problem believing that Jesus is worthy of praise as God.and wait, do you believe that Jesus is the Lamb talked about in Rev

I know Jesus is the lamb talked about in rev because the same scriptures Éxplicitly calls him the lamb that takes Àway our sins...........your lÍnking a rainbow around Gods throne to mean the holy spirit shows that you are not even sure if the holy spirit is a person to start with more or else the holy spirit sitting on Gods throne.......

Jesus is indeed worthy of praise...I've never said he isn't worthy of it..... What the scriptures teaches is that exclusive worship belongs only to the Father.........Jesus himself sÀid it..........

Please I would want you to read this scripture to see how Persons in the past reverenced both God and his appointed king......

King James Bible (Cambridge
Ed.)
And David said to all the
congregation, Now bless the LORD
your God. And all the congregation
blessed the LORD God of their
fathers, and bowed down their
heads, and worshipped the LORD,
and the king.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
(©2009)
Then David said to the whole
assembly, "Praise the LORD your
God." So the whole assembly
praised the LORD God of their
ancestors. They bowed down and
paid homage
to the LORD and the
king.

Appointed kiÑgs of God were always adored,worshipped(not in the literal sense of worship as regards rendering exlusive devotion),paid homage to,..........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Chei.....

Smh!!!!!!..........

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God.God here refers to Three persons.of course,The Father And Son are also Spirit beings but It is the Holy spirit that takes the name ''Spirit of God''He is the One that searcheth all things .Even the deep things of God.1 cor 2:10.The HOLY Spirit is God. He was the one that moved over the surface of the waters in the beginning.He was the one who killed ananias and sapphira for lying.Right from when He came in pentecost It has been His dispensation and we are still in his .He was the one who said in acts 13 v 2''Set apart for me saul and barnabas for the work I have called them. Even now He is the member of The Godhead now working in the world.He is the one that a person can commit the unforgivable sin against.mark 3:29.

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

I know Jesus is the lamb talked about in rev because the same scriptures Éxplicitly calls him the lamb that takes Àway our sins...........your lÍnking a rainbow around Gods throne to mean the holy spirit shows that you are not even sure if the holy spirit is a person to start with more or else the holy spirit sitting on Gods throne.......

Jesus is indeed worthy of praise...I've never said he isn't worthy of it..... What the scriptures teaches is that exclusive worship belongs only to the Father.........Jesus himself sÀid it..........

Please I would want you to read this scripture to see how Persons in the past reverenced both God and his appointed king......

Ed.)
and the king.

(©2009)
paid homage
to the LORD and the
king.

Appointed kiÑgs of God were always adored,worshipped(not in the literal sense of worship as regards rendering exlusive devotion),paid homage to,..........

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Ed.)
and the king.

(©2009)
paid homage
to the LORD and the
king.

The Holy Spirit Is a person.There is no Way anyOne can Fully understand The Trinity(God).There is no Other higher form of worship,reverence,praise,glory or honour than the one that the 24 elders and the four living creatures gave to ''him that sat upon the throne and to the LAMB(which is Jesus christ).There is no higher form of worship that God the Father has received that was higher than the One Jesus received as The Lamb in revelation.Even Jesus said that the Father wanted The Son to be honoured Just as the father was honoured not more than the Son. .John 5:22-23.That is why It is Jesus christ that is going to Judge and not the Father.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:35pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
The Holy Spirit Is a person.There is no Way anyOne can Fully understand The Trinity(God).There is no Other higher form of worship,reverence,praise,glory or honour than the one that the 24 elders and the four living creatures gave to ''him that sat upon the throne and to the LAMB(which is Jesus christ).There is no higher form of worship that God the Father has received that was higher than the One Jesus received as The Lamb in revelation.Even Jesus said that the Father wanted The Son to be honoured Just as the father was honoured not more than the Son. .John 5:22-23.That is why It is Jesus christ that is going to Judge and not the Father.

What is the name of the holy spirit??..........

And please the bolded is out of point......it is Yahweh who recieves the highest form of worship....for goodness sake Jesus worships Yahweh........Yahweh is the GOD of Jesus......

I have quoted from the scriptures to show you how GOD and his appointed kings are being honoured or adored........

And that is exactly what the 24 elders and all the angels are doing in heaven to God and his appointed king(JESUS).......

Thank you....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Pygru: 9:06pm On May 29, 2013
They deny the personality of the holy spirit Just to rubbish the Trinity.
How can you say the Holy Spirit is an active force like radar
If the Holy Spirit is simply a force then...
Why dem call am God ( Acts 5:3-5 )?
Acts 5:3-5
New International Version (NIV)
3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?
4 Didn’t it belong to you before it wassold? And after it was sold, wasn’t themoney at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”
5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened.
How him take be teacher ( John 14:26)?
King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you
How you fit Blasphame am ( Matt. 12:31, 32 )?
Matthew 12:31-32
King James Version (KJV)
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall beforgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world tocome
Comforter ( Acts9:31 )?
Acts 9:31
King James Version (KJV)
31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee andSamaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
How come he fit Talk ( Acts 28:25 )?
Acts 28:25
King James Version (KJV)
25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after thatPaul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers
How come you fit resist am ( Acts 7:51)?
Acts 7:51
King James Version (KJV)
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye
How can a force be grieved ( Eph. 4:30)?
Ephesians 4:30
King James Version (KJV)
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption
How he fit help Us when we weak ( Rom. 8:26 )?
Romans 8:26
King James Version (KJV)
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth ourinfirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for uswith groanings which cannot be uttered.
If you still insist that He is a Force, then how is He able to exhibit those Xteristics?
Does a Force speak, teach and comfort
How can a Force be blasphamed
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 29, 2013
Pls i beg you ijawkid is there ANY kind of worship more than this at least it was men who were worshipping God as you said in that passage but here look at more complex and sophisticated beings worshipping both The Father and Jesus.Is there any reverence that is greater than this''Then I heard every creature in HEAVEN(the four living creatures: cherubim and seraphim,twenty four elders and the billions of angels) and on EARTH and UNDER the earth(just imagine!!!the creatures under the earth) and on the sea and ALL that is in them singing To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb(Jesus) be praise and honour and Glory and power for ever and ever(Rev 5 Vs13-14) .If Jesus was Just God's appointed king don't you think there could have been a limit to his exaltation?there is no exaltation higher than this.This is the Highest exaltation God received in the bible.If The Father received worship from Jesus why did he not receive this highest level of exaltation alone.The Truth is right here before you.Jesus is not Just a king But He is the King of kings.I pray that you understand.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:29pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
Pls i beg you ijawkid is there ANY kind of worship more than this at least it was men who were worshipping God as you said in that passage but here look at more complex and sophisticated beings worshipping both The Father and Jesus.Is there any reverence that is greater than this''Then I heard every creature in HEAVEN(the four living creatures: cherubim and seraphim,twenty four elders and the billions of angels) and on EARTH and UNDER the earth(just imagine!!!the creatures under the earth) and on the sea and ALL that is in them singing To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb(Jesus) be praise and honour and Glory and power for ever and ever(Rev 5 Vs13-14) .If Jesus was Just God's appointed king don't you think there could have been a limit to his exaltation?there is no exaltation higher than this.This is the Highest exaltation God received in the bible.If The Father received worship from Jesus why did he not receive this highest level of exaltation alone.The Truth is right here before you.Jesus is not Just a king But He is the King of kings.I pray that you understand.

lol...so now the beings paying homage to God and his son is now the problem??.....what part of the fact that Jesus himself worships the Father dont you understand??......are you even denying that Jesus worships the Father??....for the fact Jesus himself worships the Father and is subjected to the Father shows the Father recieves all honor...the truth is those honouring Jesus are all doing it to the glory of Yahweh the Father and God of Jesus,........

do you even know that God the father is the God and father of Jesus??
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:33pm On May 29, 2013
[quote author=Pygru][/quote]

and in all your analysis you never even mentioned if the holy spirit has a name or not.....whatt is the nme of the holy spirit??....

and where is it said the holy spirit is God....you guys have failed to answer the OP....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by nlMediator: 10:00pm On May 29, 2013
ijawkid:

And where are you coming from??.......

Interesting question. I'm glad you wrote clearly here that God is the Source of Life. And when shown that the Bible says that Jesus is also the Source of Life, which equates to saying that Jesus and God are one and the same, you pretend you don't understand and ask me where I'm coming from?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 10:02pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:
believe me.Jesus has always been on the throne with God the Father from the beginning, he said that if we overcome(make him happy,exercise our victory over sin,satan and the world)we would co-rule with him when he came down to earth,he set an example for us to follow.

How can i believe you? I don't believe man made doctrines. I need scriptures to believe that Jesus was sitting on the throne of God from the beginning.

He is now sitting at the right hand of the Father not that he has been sitting there before he came to earth.

2 Likes

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2013
Dux-01:

grin
the green from nigerian flag nko?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 10:17pm On May 29, 2013
nlMediator:

Interesting question. I'm glad you wrote clearly here that God is the Source of Life. And when shown that the Bible says that Jesus is also the Source of Life, which equates to saying that Jesus and God are one and the same, you pretend you don't understand and ask me where I'm coming from?

and where did i say Jesus is the source of life in any of my statement??...

did you by any means not read john 6:57?? cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (48) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Heals A Woman In Peru - See Photos / Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Maureen Badejo To Pay Daniel Olukoya 6-figure Damages - Court Orders In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.