Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (96276 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
Holumayor: Glow,I realy njoyd ur writeups,u made me join nairaland. Thumbs up dear

really? awww thats good to know..thanks hun!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2013
Laplusbelle: i love ur write up.i ve been following silently.God will give u more wisdom to write and also give hope to the hopeless.
amen ooo...thanks much
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2013
GLOWWW!!!This is a christain novel yet so interesting.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by darlynlara(f): 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
o.m.g sisi glow dis piece is worth evry dance step i danced in church tnking God 4 kipin u alive 2 update i must confes d story is very Lomantic am stil waiting 4 more o n happy sunday 2 aal faithful followers Muuuaaaaah!(pls acept o its a holy kiss)#winks#

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emygreat747(m): 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
Nyc work Glowingscenes hope u update regularly.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by bongila(f): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
Whew! Discovered this story this afternoon and believe me,I read it all. It's really good babe!
God bless you and keep increasing you in wisdom. You've done a marvelous job here,I appreciate you a lot!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
darlynlara: o.m.g sisi glow dis piece is worth evry dance step i danced in church tnking God 4 kipin u alive 2 update i must confes d story is very Lomantic am stil waiting 4 more o n happy sunday 2 aal faithful followers Muuuaaaaah!(pls acept o its a holy kiss)#winks#

tehehehehe..lara!!! u never seize to make me laff..thanks love
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
i love casting crowns who am i. In fact all their songs. Keep Glowing with the Light of God. Glowingscenes.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
Glowbaby, wow. . .
I love Susan, wish I could be like her sad lol.
Thumbs up girl, you still got me hooked. .
God bless you plenty kiss
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Mutaino7(m): 11:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
The relationship between joe and marie is *OLEKU* just as ice-prince said but that of Antonio and susan is on *TOP OF THE WORLD* just has D'BANJ prophesied. 9ce must av seen Tiffany to be able to say *photocopy ko easy* Trevor shud av feature in Sound sultan's song *very gud bad guy*.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Mutaino7(m): 11:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
Br3nd4: Glowbaby, wow. . .
I love Susan, wish I could be like her sad lol.
Thumbs up girl, you still got me hooked. .
God bless you plenty kiss
then let me be ur antonio d only difference is i dont av curly hair but am sure u will lyk my unbrushed koko waves.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2013
Mutaino7: then let me be ur antonio d only difference is i dont av curly hair but am sure u will lyk my unbrushed koko waves.

No curly hair?
We could work on that. .

*evil grin* **buys one carton of Ozone relaxer**

Okay lets make ur hair curl grin

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Mutaino7(m): 11:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
Br3nd4:

No curly hair?
We could work on that. .

*evil grin* **buys one carton of Ozone relaxer**

Okay lets make ur hair curl grin
I don turn B.L.W b dat.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Hadeehart101(f): 7:52am On Jun 17, 2013
Oh moi goist!!! Neva tot i wld reach d last page nd stil find out dat d story contineus. Glow........... U gat me glued 2 ma fone though i av an exam 2dae. Debbie macomber in d making. In fact, u inspired me with dis christain-based work. Thumbs up glow. Keep d gud work GLOWING AND FLOWING. Following u bumper 2 bumper. Aniwayz....... Am an Oliver Twist. Xo dat absolutely means am xpectin more 4rm u nd hope 2 get dat soonest.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by buskeske: 9:16am On Jun 17, 2013
Sooooooo suuuuuwwweeeeeeeeeettttiiiiiii!

I started reading this story yesterday
Night, I had to force myself to sleep
Around 3am when I remembered today is
Monday and I will have to wake up early
To prepare the children for sch. Thank God
I'm at the last page now so pls Glow dearie,
Waiting for your update o.
Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssseeeeee!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by carrielove: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2013
I love ur write up, it jst gives me inspiration. Bt 2 b sincere I hate d suspense.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by olly4life: 9:51am On Jun 17, 2013
Pls continue to GLO with honour, humility, inspiration Glow IJN. Amen. I am overwhelmed with your write up. It cut across every sphere of life. I hope the married are learning while d singles are taking note. This is day to day life issues- God bless real good sisi mi. Medaseh

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 17, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]WOW!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Eneze1(f): 1:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
wow Glow, keep it up

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by vingi(f): 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hi Glow,can c u r viewing dis thread n am sure ur bringing more episodes,abeg,I tek Baba God beg u,mek am loooooooooooooooOong! Puliz.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
[/b][b][i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] ;DPLS POST SOMETHING WE ARE WAITING........
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
update plsssssssssssssss
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by biolanurat: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Preshie: Hi, Glowie...i can guess what Antonio wants to tell Susan but...
#keeping my fingers crossed#

I think I do too.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by estilo45(f): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
Glow gal. U rock! I just can't stop loving this story. More grease to ur elbow. Muaw[color=#990000][/color]
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Joe stared blankly at the walls in his house and wondered what it would be like if he had never existed or better still, if he was never married. And finally, he thought of how his life would have been if he was still married or none of these never happened.
He felt weak and his cheeks were stained from the tears he had cried at night. He had cried about everything in his life. The silent cry and the physical one. Now that he was all alone, he felt miserable, no one to feel or understand what he was going through or what he was going to do with the rest of the life he had on earth. He thought of calling Tiffany but realized that was not what he wanted. He wanted love, he wanted happiness and he wanted the kind of joy he saw on the faces of men when they carried their kids and kissed their wives or the kind he had seen on his father’s eyes whenever he looked at Bonnie.

It had been so long since his mother died and he had kept that grudge with God for so long it had affected every area of his life. He even thought it would have affected Denver more but after fifteen years, his father was moving on with the love of his life thanking God still and here he was rotting silently and sinking deep into some kind of ocean he couldn’t see.

He suddenly began to realize how true Maria’s words were and how selfish he had acted. He treated her like a weakling and a refuge he could run to because she had been nice to him and because everything was not working well for him.

he could now see the clear image of how selfish he had been to Amanda and how her death was partly due to his fault.

What if he had stayed and loved her like a good father should? Would she still be alive, what if he had stayed and listen to Maria’s own side of the story and tried to forgive her even when she cut him real deep, even when he saw the pictures and the videos. Why didn’t he just give her the benefit of doubt and try to work things out. He could have as well shed his secret tears and forget the past.

Salma had blamed him once that it was his fault because he hardly stayed home and he could never have known what was going on with his family. He was never really concerned till now and he had allowed lust for other women and money to have a higher place in his life whenever he went on business trips and he just came home to meet his wife whom he used as a cover up, not taking note of the terrible lust that was still lurking in a hidden part of his heart.

For hours, he laid awake and now, he knew it was time to decide what he wanted to do with his life. He couldn’t go on like this anymore. He wanted to be clean and feel new. Even if there was no Maria, or Tiffany or no wealth and he was all alone, he wanted some assurance that he could cling unto and run for help. He needed a new life and he wanted to know what it was to feel loved by a God he had ignored for years. A God Trevor had told him he would still forgive him even if he came crawling on his knees today. His arms were still open wide. He thought of his life and he thought of eternity. Even if he died today or someday, he wanted to be sure about his eternity. Where he would spend it depended on his decision now and not what people were speculating or saying. He had read about love in the book of Corinthians and he knew he needed God’s help for him to love like that. Maria was now a Christian and she looked different and joyful. The Grahams were not an exception and Trevor surprised him the more

He glanced at the wall clock again. 6a.m

What are you waiting for?

That was the last voice that came into his mind before he stood up to get dressed.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
18…

After Maria dropped the phone, she couldn’t be more excited. She rushed to her room to look for a dress to wear. Salma raised an eyebrow and followed her sister wondering what was making her act like a child going on her first date.

‘and what is so exciting that my sister is hiding from me?’

Maria scanned her closet, throwing out clothes that she considered inappropriate for her date.

‘well?’

‘Trevor’s coming over, he says he wants to take us out for dinner’

Salma raised an eyebrow. ‘and may I ask who this Trevor of a guy is. He seems to be having a good effect on my sister.’

‘the hunk who seems to be my hero on the basketball field. Trevor Graham.’

‘oh, you mean the guy who was hovering over me at thanksgiving.’ She was lost in thought for a while before her eyes almost popped out. ‘he’s not the same Trevor Graham I think he is, is he?’

‘Which one?’

‘oh stop!’ she almost cried. ‘the basketball player for Houston Rockets!..., you know what I mean Maria!’

‘well, I’m glad to announce to you that he is!’

‘incredible!’ she screamed. ‘I’m so happy for you Maria, I can’t believe this. You are going out with a basketball player. He has eyes for you!!!’

Maria frowned. ‘no, silly! He’s a Christian and he’s just a friend. It’s been long we’ve seen and he just wanted to take us out to dinner.’

Salma yawned, feigning boredom. ‘us, or just you.’

‘’us. And he asked about you. The lovely girl that looks stubborn but has a soft heart within.’

‘well, did you tell him I’m hooked and I’m not interested in religious people, or would you state the term ‘Christian’

‘And did I mention that he’s interested in you?’ Maria ignored her sister’s pretence and continued searching for the perfect dress.

‘Well, you seem to be insinuating…’

‘I wasn’t, you were.’

‘Well, just in case, please tell him I’m seeing someone else. Someone who’s quiet and not popular and not dunking balls into a basket, someone who has more time for me and not for a crowd.’

‘Then you don’t know Trevor Graham because he’s just a gentle giant who cares more than you can imagine.’

Salma was quiet for a while before she went over to join her sister to search for a good dress. Sweatshirts, jumpers and winter coats were flung on the bed and Salma finally found one black dress she had bought in GAP some years ago when she had been pregnant with Amanda. It was beautiful and still had some purposeful designs of the sixties that gave it a kind of youthful glow. It was old but lovely.

‘here.’ She made it pose over her and smiled. ‘you’ll look beautiful in pregnancy.’

‘I never saw that there?’ she murmured and placed it against herself. ‘did I buy this myself?’

Salma faltered. ‘Joe did, on one of his trips.’

She swallowed and looked away. ‘then maybe we should look for something else.’

For a while, they had not talked about Joe and neither had Maria heard about him ever since the day he left and her heart stirred just thinking of him and how he would be. What if he left and never came back, what if he never returned to see the girls. It had been two weeks since he left and Denver didn’t even mention him when he came over to check her. Christmas was just one week away and she would have loved to see him for Christmas but she didn’t know how to even reach him anymore.

‘hey…, why don’t you tell him to come over for dinner instead. We can prepare something for him together and you won’t need to start looking for a dinner dress. We can get a nice dress after you have the baby and then you can wear this…’ she picked a different gown with big golden flower prints that made it look like she was in for summer.

‘you’ll be indoors, so why don’t you wear this.’

‘and what will you wear?’

‘I’m going to prepare you dinner and leave the two of you. I’ll call Nick to ask him out. I bet he’ll be surprised that I did. He always does.’ She strolled over to the phone and Maria watched her sister talking for a while. When she returned with a disappointed look on her face, she bit her lip. ‘I guess I have to fix dinner for three and I have a dress to pick.’

Maria could only smile
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
It didn’t take long before dinner was set and Maria sat staring at the time. she was beginning to think Trevor was not going to make it when the door bell rang. Salma dropped the gravy bowl and went over to answer the door for her sister while Maria stood behind her like an excited child.

‘hi.’ His gaze settled on Salma for a while and she smiled up back at him. ‘hey.’

‘nice meeting you again.’ He mumbled and returned her smile. ‘Salma, am I right?’

‘yes.’

‘you look lovely.’ He commented admiring the hair and the white dress she had actually been forced by Maria to wear. She would have picked red if given any option but Maria thought she looked immaculate with the outfit. Her dark ebony hair was neatly packed by a white ribbon and the off shoulder gown was decent enough to cover her modesty as it began at the tip of her shoulders.

‘thank you.’ She greeted wondering how his big frame and broad shoulders could fit into a decent blazer that made him look more handsome than when she had seen him on TV. His hair was neatly combed compared to the tousled look it usually had when he was sweaty and playing like he was floating. The grey blazers he wore helped pronounce the sea grey of his eyes and it made him look quite gentle when you looked closer but it was hardly possible except one was close. Now she was close, she could see it so clearly, even the smell of his aftershave was appreciated by Salma as she closed the door behind him and watched him lean to embrace Maria.

‘its so good to see you.’

‘I couldn’t have wished to be somewhere else.’ He felt her full form and smiled. ‘how are the girls?’

‘great, can’t wait to see uncle Trevor when they come out.’ She kissed his cheeks and held his hand so that he could look at her sister. ‘you know Salma, right?’

‘yeah, sure I do. She looks so much like you.’

‘really, I thought you called me sunshine, what would you call Salma?’

He glanced at Salma and noticed she was looking back at him arms across her chest. She could prove quite stubborn and he could feel that spirit of stubbornness penetrating the room already. Joe had mentioned it once to him. he ignored it and gazed into her eyes till she was uncomfortable

‘dark shade, The beauty that is hidden by a stubborn pride.’

Maria laughed and led him to the table as Salma followed wishing she could make him eat his words. No man dared talk to her like he was in charge.

‘hope you’re hungry. We just finished preparing dinner when you arrived. You don’t mind having dinner at my place, do you?’

‘it’s one of those places I would love to be.’ He settled down and Salma thought one of the chairs might end up breaking due to his large frame but it stood strong on the ground and he stretched out his hands both sides. Maria placed one palm in his and signaled to Salma to do the same thing although she was very reluctant to. He received both hands, eyes closed and he murmured a blessing over the food.

‘father, we thank you for the meal, thank you for the hands that took time to prepare this meal and every soul involved. I pray you bless us, bless the meal and bless our souls so that we may not only eat but also be filled with your abundant love. Amen.

‘amen.’ Maria mumbled and opened her eyes to pass him the bowl of mixed green salad with dressings.

‘the next time you come, I’ll prepare you some tortillas. My foreign sister here suggested we cook something familiar for you and this is quite familiar to the both of us.’

‘I don’t mind, but I’m glad you even made me dinner.’ He looked at Salma and she wished he wouldn’t look at her again. Why in the world did he have amazing eyes and a gentle spirit and his voice was so calm.

‘anytime.’ She managed

‘so, what have you been doing since you left me in Niagara.’

‘thinking about you.’ She joked and smiled. ‘actually, Salma and I have been sorting somethings out in the house, probably some renovations and paintings, the landscape, the things that need fixing and everything else. I don’t want a carpenter in my house when my babies are sleeping and so, we want to get it done before I’m due.’

‘and when will that be?’

‘next year, March or April.’

‘and you look like you’ll be due any minute.’

‘tell that to the girls.’ She looked across at the quiet Salma and there was silence for a while after she had eaten halfway.

‘Salma loves activity.’ She began with a mischievious grin. ‘so much she wouldn’t mind if she played basketball or had some practices.’

‘I don’t think that would be a good idea.’ Salma shook her head and quickly put food into her mouth to hold herself from talking much. All she wanted to do was shake her head. ‘definitely no!...’how would it be to have a few lessons from Trevor Graham himself. She hoped she wouldn’t drop dead

‘she loves exercise…’

‘I don’t think that would be a good idea.’ Trevor spoke up for her and she raised her thumb at him in support trying to swallow her food. He dabbed his mouth with the napkin and shrugged. ‘I mean, she’s a tough one. If she doesn’t want to play, she wont say it.’

‘so you two don’t wanna hang out sometime. She’s a real jack in the box and she’ll make you laugh.’

‘well…’ trevor looked like he was doubtful and Salma chiped in. ‘I don’t think that would be possible since I’m very busy Maria and I’m sure Trevor has so many things he needs to attend to and the less distraction, the less tasking.’

‘you’re not a distraction.’ He said bluntly. ‘I’ve learned to see friends as friends over the years, not distractions.’

‘oh really.’ Salma felt hurt by his blunt remark. Nick had always said she was a distraction and she made men turn.

Well, what could she say, the guy had probably seen so many women in his days and he was beginning to get bored that all women were the same and he was so wrong about her. if he felt his holier than thou attitude could make him seem like some superman, then he was so wrong. she was a different woman.

‘well, we seem to be on different paths because I’m seeing someone and so…’

‘don’t mind her Trevor, he’s not the permanent type and he wont mind you hanging out with a basketball star would you. Trevor’s a great guy and I’m sure Nick would even want an autograph.’

‘nick is as rich and popular as can be, why would he want an autograph when he could get it from someone else.’

The sudden silence that followed was tormenting and Salma had to get up and carry away the plates to the kitchen. Maria looked at Trevor and he looked as handsome as ever sitting down so unperturbed by what her sister had said. She decided to ignore it since he did and she asked. ‘so, how about Susan?’

‘she’s great. She would have loved to see you too but some things popped up and she had to stay. And your brother seems to be showing some interests in her.’

‘Antonio…, unbelievable!’ she couldn’t hold her mirth. ‘those two would look lovely and beautiful together. I can imagine sweet Sue or is it red Sue her friends call her.’

‘Mum sends her greetings. I might not see much of you next year because I’ll be playing but I’ll try and come and see the baby.’

‘I’ll beep you when my water breaks.’

Trevor raised an eyebrow. ‘whoa! You don’t want me to get all jumpy and scared, do you? And I better not be playing that day.’

‘then we need a better timing.’

Trevor relaxed. ‘so, have you been hearing from Joe?’

‘I wish I was.’ She sighed and looked away almost feeling guilty that she sent him away.

‘I spoke to him last week.’

She brightened. ‘is he alright?’

‘more than alright…’ he smiled into her eyes and Maria knew there was more. ‘joe has given his life to Christ Maria.’

‘oh my god!’ she cried and covered her mouth as tears of joy sprang to her eyes. She couldn’t believe her ears. So joe was actually saved. How she wished she could see him and express her joy to him.

‘when did this happen?’

‘last week. He called me and told me everything. He wants to start a new life afresh and move on with the life God has given him whatever comes his way. Mum was so excited when she heard about it and Dad couldn’t express his joy. He went over to see Denver for reconciliation and Joe looks different now. He seems to be transformed into someone new.’ He took her hands and he smiled into her eyes. ‘you were also praying for him weren’t you.’

‘oh Trevor, I was. Every day and night, I asked God to have mercy on his soul and bring him to Christ.’
‘my parents were also praying for him. I wonder how many years Denver would have been praying and it’s now coming to full reality.’

‘thank God.’ She sobbed and Trevor passed her his handkerchief. She received it gratefully and blew her nose. ‘oh trevor…’ she embraced him not wanting him to see how much she was crying again and she desperately hoped it was the baby that was making her this soft.

It wasn’t long before Trevor decided to take his leave and Maria was too tired to escort him. Salma strolled out of the kitchen dabbing her hands but with the full absorption of everything that had happened and so, she needed a private talk with Trevor Graham. She grabbed her jacket and watched him help himself to his own before she followed him outside. She went straight to the point.

‘what you’re trying to do is not gonna work Trevor.’

‘and what am I doing?’

‘you can try to hide under that ‘christian’ cloak but we both know what you’re trying to do.’ She inhaled deeply. ‘you coming over here and telling my sister that Joe is now a Christian so that she can start thinking about him? what are you, some matchmaker?’

Trevor was quiet and so she continued. ‘my sister needs a new beginning and so do I and we don’t want some ugly past like Joe crawling up into her life again. The earlier you realize this, the better.’ She looked into his eyes and she stood petrified. ‘I realize you saved my sister’s life and I’m grateful…’

A moment passed between them and she stopped. ‘I have to go back inside.’

He smiled and watched her hurry inside wondering what had transpired between them and if he was actually the one who was mesmerized by her eyes or if she was. He didn’t wait before he walked away knowing he was going to see her again even if she was as stubborn as the word itself.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
e don do for tonight abi?looool
oya read and enjoy guys muah!!!!
pls note that i appreciate you guys so veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy very much and all ur cooments even if i dont get to reply every single one...it brings laughter and smiles to my face!!!infact it brightens my day and makes me realize how wonderful you guys are!!!!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emygreat747(m): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
i see u o,princessa
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
estilo45: Glow gal. U rock! I just can't stop loving this story. More grease to ur elbow. Muaw[color=#990000][/color]

muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
vingi: Hi Glow,can c u r viewing dis thread n am sure ur bringing more episodes,abeg,I tek Baba God beg u,mek am loooooooooooooooOong! Puliz.
tehehe...this one shd do fa...im tired already
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Elle o
E don hapencheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / SCHOOL LIFE / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.