Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (96169 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by kemiola89(f): 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Maria Vs Joe
Bonnie Vs Denver
Suzan Vs Antonio... Nwannem! This game is gonna be a tough one. Leggo

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Ariyke: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
Yipee! We made front page and nice update sweetie kiss

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by IZUKWU(m): 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
I love your last update,it was touching!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by portablechizzy(f): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the end of it.kudos

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
darlynlara: yai! Sisi Glow n oyestephen d doctor says u gys hav bin very hlpful in my fast recovery he ofered 2 tak u gys 4 dina bt dnt wory o i wuld mak sur i eat 4 al of us..Wonderful piece dear!
shocked
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
Antiono weds susan. Invite me to your wedding o wink
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Davgwen(f): 10:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
This is one beautiful story i will not 4get in a longggg time.... An interesting way to b ministered to..God bless u gurl n crown ur effort wth a huge success

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Joy4mi(f): 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
glowingscenes: Joy dearie!!!! ur name shd be joy for life!!! seriously!!! you're a wonder woman and though we've never met, i know you're a wonderful person!!
thanks for sticking through!!!
ose ore mi kiss

GLOW friendship mi,

u ar d wonder woman here. ministering to people tru ways dat is not so common in naija.

i cant write but i appreciate and encourage all dose who do.u ,my friend ar a great writer.

God's spirit,wisdom and blessings be upon u.amen.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Bilany(f): 11:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
I love this story. You could just be our Nigerian Francine Rivers.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Mutaino7(m): 7:54am On Jun 14, 2013
*voices in my head* now i knew how bruno mars felt wen he wrote this song. Brymo must av read this master piece to say ARA M'BE.

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by teeluv(m): 9:19am On Jun 14, 2013
Mutaino7: *voices in my head* now i knew how bruno mars felt wen he wrote this song. Brymo must av read this master piece to say ARA M'BE.

No kill me with laugh ooo..
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by wumiesontop: 9:40am On Jun 14, 2013
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! This is really amazing. I love it. Pls do publish it in good time. I av an uncompleted story i av been trying to work on for d past one and half years now but laziness will not let me be. Reading ur story now has really encouraged me again. Thanks
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2013
Bilany: I love this story. You could just be our Nigerian Francine Rivers.

Same thing I said cheesy

Glow you seeee? wink

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Veevien(f): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2013
Suspense is a killer oooo, glow please come and take me away from this misery
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2013
Woooooooooow!
I tink it's now time i comment.
I started reading day b4 yestaday,was avin 7a.m lecture d next day but kuldnt slip bcz of d way ur story captivated me.. Tanx 4 takin all my time truout d@ daywink,den yestaday,i was avin lectures all day so kuldnt read but still kuldn't do wtout readin lilwink... But finally av come to d bustop to start following u lyk fly dey follow shit...
Glowing swth@,luv u 4 ds s a gr8 job.. Its pple like u,Frank n oda gr8 writters out dere that is still kipin me on nl... More ink to ur pen dear... Next update ooo

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oludebby90(f): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2013
Debbie malcombe humm sorry i mean glow.....dz is so so beautiful,am addicted,...it a nyc piece of work...n plzzz complet it,...i lov it,i hope maria will marry joe at d end lipsrsealed
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by vivypretty(f): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
wot a tragedy.ur story is fascinating n touching dat i didn't knw wen a tear escaped 4rm d teargland

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Sucre3(f): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ur stories touch n save lives, God would surely reward you

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
At first i cried and then i laughed, you are simply amazing girl keep up the good works......God bless you.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
Oh no,nt nw........... OMG!!! I pray she survives it....... Cnt wait 4 u 2 update.........9ce wrk,evri tin is so on point..........kip it up.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by taebtraeh(f): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
Wat a nice piece of work.....keep it up glow....love ya

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by taebtraeh(f): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
kissWat a nice piece of work....keep it up glow....love ya!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by yajoe(m): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
Wow!!! Wow!! I lack words 2 appreciate you, God bless you rili good sis

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
‘so, what are you going to do now, take Maria far from me?’

‘exactly.’ She replied nonchalantly

‘that’s impossible!’

‘try me and see if I wont take her so far you would think she was nonexistent!’

‘why are you doing this?’

Salma glared at him. ‘don’t you dare try and act innocent to me Joe Brandon or I will hurt you so bad you would regret the day you were born.’

‘so, this is it huh?..., payback Salma…, all you want is revenge but don’t forget, those kids are mine and no one, not even you can take them away from me.’

‘oh really…, don’t forget that Maria has amnesia and when she remembers, she’ll see how much you took advantage of her and got her pregnant. You were responsible for everything that ever happened to Maria Joe and I’ve hated you for it.’

She would have cried but she swallowed it. ‘you were the reason why Amanda went dumb, you were the reason she died and you moved on with your life, not looking back. You went ahead to get involved with someone else and she was going on with her life and you appear again, this time to hold her back by getting her pregnant. You should be ashamed of yourself.’

‘you have no right to put the whole blame on me Salma…, your sister had her own part to share!’ Joe bellowed. ‘she wanted a divorce and she got one.’

‘then let it be that way Joe Brandon and stay away from her.’

‘fine, try and act like the husband you’ll never be.’

Salma raised an eyebrow. ‘you were never better Joe, and I’m glad you’ll be going your way tomorrow and all this will finally come to an end. And we can both live happily. After all, I’m back and my eyes are on you.’

Joe gulped. ‘okay, you win. You can take your sister with you but if I get the best lawyer, you wont have a say between your sister and i.’

‘you don’t think you have a chance, do you Brandon. Like I said, you can have ten lawyers on my neck but they won’t grab it, they won’t even smell me or Maria. You think you have lawyers…, I have the authority.’

She eyed him and walked away making him wish she would understand and let him set eyes on the unborn child he was already growing to love.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

The rays of sun blinded her. the day seemed the perfect day for her escape and she knew she had to hurry or they might catch up with her again. She looked around the room that was well furnished and felt repulsed at several incidents that had taken place in this same room for months and years. She wanted to cry remembering how it all started but she made herself strong. She could do this, she was strong now, not vulnerable anymore and she was going to prove it to them. All she had to do was destroy all the evidence and run to the park where a cab would be waiting to take her to the airport and she was off. A little relief came to her but fear dominated and she clung to the rosary and began praying silently. Her fingers stroked each bead and she bowed her head. She could do this, she had to. She was waiting for the right time.

At last, it was time. Bruno came inside and winked at her. she smiled back and walked towards him.

‘I’ve missed you.’ She lied and pulled him closer and closed the door. When he kissed her, she broke free.

‘what’s wrong?’

She turned away. ‘you didn’t bring what I asked you, did you?’

‘as a matter of fact, I did.’ He turned her to face him and kissed her again. She struggled free and stretched her hand,

‘first, the pictures, and then we can run away together, immediately.’

‘but you promised that we could have some…’

‘we have all the time in the world.’ She looked at him brazenly daring him to refuse her. he was weak when it came to her demands and she knew how to take advantage of that. He had been the one in charge for years and now, she was the one in charge.’

He dug his hands into his huge pocket and gave her the bundle containing the photos she couldn’t even bare to look at but she would later burn. Her hair was dark and her eyes raw from tears and beatings of past days. Her hair had lost it’s beauty and had been left dyed to black for years due to the instruction given to her. she felt ugly and only hoped she could wash it all away when she escaped.

Immediately, he handed it over to her, she smiled and threw it into the small bag they would carry. She had monitored the traffic in the house for years and knew as today was Sunday, Damon would be with his crew in the church sorting out business. If he wasn’t, he was probably confessing his sins. The ones he had committed and was about to commit.

How she hated the sight of him.

‘have you checked if the coast is clear?’ she asked trying to distract him to look outside. He did and wasn’t given enough time before he blacked out into unconsciousness.

She dropped the jack and spat on him, snatching her bag from the floor and rushing to the car parked outside with shades on. She sped off till she got to the airport. She smiled as she was just in time for the flight to Chicago and she sighed.

She had dreamt of this several times but had never imagined it to be actually happening.

She was finally free.

And later, she was embracing her grandmother in a small house where she had been living. Salma could only shed tears.

Maria’s eyes blinked open and she found herself staring back at the empty room. She woke and found out that it was already growing dark and her curtains had been pulled and she was grateful for whoever helped her to. She shuddered at the remembrance of the dream and found her way to the door. It was beginning to scare her what kind of life she had lived.

She found Denver at the door almost about to leave and she strolled towards him. ‘you were going without saying goodbye.’

‘I’m sorry princess, but I didn’t think waking you would be a good idea.’ He held her hands and felt how cold it was.

‘darling, are you alright?’

‘I’m fine. It was just the nap I had.’

‘I could stay a little more if you want.’

She glanced at Bonnie. ‘it would be selfish of me to keep the bridegroom on hold. You have only tomorrow for your wedding and so, I better release you.’

‘you sure about this?’

‘absolutely…, when I have all these people around me, I’ll be fine, I’m sure the girls won’t want their grandpa to be worried about their mother so.’

He laughed and kissed her cheeks. Bonnie smiled at him and blew him a kiss before he closed the door behind him. when Maria turned to look at her friend, she giggled and scurried over to her.

‘sweetheart, you’re getting married on Saturday.’ She giggled. ‘I’m so happy. What in the world am I going to wear. Sara, you and I could go shopping tomorrow, what do you think? we could get you a lovely dress and I’ll get a pink rosy gown. It would be so lovely, wouldn’t it?’

‘I guess so..’ Bonnie could have cried but Maria stopped her.

‘hey sweetheart, don’t cry, it’s finally happening and I’m so happy. We’re all happy for you. Denver is a good man.’

Sara and Susan came to join them and Brian could only shake his head at Trevor. ‘Women were very dramatic.’

They concluded.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Emeralddan(f): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hmmm lovely

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
yajoe: Wow!!! Wow!! I lack words 2 appreciate you, God bless you rili good sis
thanks love!!1
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
Bilany: I love this story. You could just be our Nigerian Francine Rivers.
yay!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
Candis009: Woooooooooow!
I tink it's now time i comment.
I started reading day b4 yestaday,was avin 7a.m lecture d next day but kuldnt slip bcz of d way ur story captivated me.. Tanx 4 takin all my time truout d@ daywink,den yestaday,i was avin lectures all day so kuldnt read but still kuldn't do wtout readin lilwink... But finally av come to d bustop to start following u lyk fly dey follow shit...
Glowing swth@,luv u 4 ds s a gr8 job.. Its pple like u,Frank n oda gr8 writters out dere that is still kipin me on nl... More ink to ur pen dear... Next update ooo

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
rily?? grin grin
hahaha @flyfollow shit...bt pls try not to miss any class o u hear...
muah!!!!ose dear
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
oludebby90: Debbie malcombe humm sorry i mean glow.....dz is so so beautiful,am addicted,...it a nyc piece of work...n plzzz complet it,...i lov it,i hope maria will marry joe at d end lipsrsealed

hahahahaha@debbie marcombe...this cracked me up real good!! thanks lovey
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
Sucre#:
Ur stories touch n save lives, God would surely reward you
amen ooooo!!! thanks so much
how come your name reminds me of Sucre in prison break? cheesy grin
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
taebtraeh: Wat a nice piece of work.....keep it up glow....love ya
love u too hunnie!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
vivypretty: wot a tragedy.ur story is fascinating n touching dat i didn't knw wen a tear escaped 4rm d teargland
awwwwwwwwwwwwww...take a kleneex and wipe that tear away...thanks for enjoying my story..muah

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / SCHOOL LIFE / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.