Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (96170 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by kemiola89(f): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
*In Darey art Alade's voice* we need some more more girl! Babez don't just keep us hanging, come update more shaperly, i am soo enjoying this whole drama between Salma and Joe. I think Joe deserves every damn word said to him. Salma ride on baby i dey your back.

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
Veevien: Suspense is a killer oooo, glow please come and take me away from this misery
hahahahahaha...oya ooo...come back and see update o
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Mutaino7: *voices in my head* now i knew how bruno mars felt wen he wrote this song. Brymo must av read this master piece to say ARA M'BE.
LMAO!!!!!!! nairaland!!!! chai!!!! a place of laughter!!! u guys are just the bomb!!!!exploding everywhere fa
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2013

It was already a week after Denver and Bonnie got married and Joe couldn’t be happier for his father. He seemed to be looking different and happier and even freer. They left for their honeymoon some days after and so Maria was not allowed to stay in Denver’s place with the housekeeper alone and Salma had insisted to move back into her house and she was moving in with her. at least, it could help her remember her past once she started getting used to her former environment.

Enough of clouding Maria’s brain with this ‘Christian’ stuff and enough of Joe in her life. She had to move on now and she was going to explain everything to Carlos. She just hoped everything would work out well. The grahams couldn’t say anything and Joe could only nod in agreement.

As far as Salma was concerned, he had no say in her sister’s life and he had to stay far away or like she would do something he would live to regret.’ She had threatened and so, stayed away and thought of what to do. He was still in Niagara and he wanted to think of his life and what to tell Tiffany before he headed back to Michigan. And he wanted to see Maria again. It was already one week that she left and he couldn’t stop thinking about her and the time they had spent talking and eating together.

There was something he sensed around her. something new and something different about his ex-wife that baffled him. she didn’t look worried about a past she couldn’t remember. There was a time Sara shared the nightmares with him and asked if he had any idea what it might have been. Although he had no idea about what the woman said, he looked at Maria and didn’t see that worry in her. she didn’t even look like she had been having nightmares. She was a different person. If only he could be as carefree as she was.

He looked at his luggage and the room he had stayed for months and sighed. Picking his phone, he scrolled through the numbers and found Trevor Graham’s number staring back at him. he needed company, someone to talk to but Philip was not on his mind. Even Tiffany wasn’t. The only woman that was on his mind was in Chicago probably thinking of something else and moving ahead with the plans her sister was going to be laying before her before they headed off somewhere he wouldn’t know about.

He needed something apart from beer to cool off and definitely not cigarettes. He had quitted a long time ago. He wanted some form of activity to keep his mind busy and occupied. He didn’t think twice before he dialed Trevor’s number. If he could remember correctly, Trevor Graham was a man that could spare him some time playing basketball together.

He couldn’t remember the last time he played with a real basketball player.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

‘sweetheart, I’m home!’ Salma called out kicking off her shoes and locking the door behind her. she dropped her bag on the couch and headed for the kitchen. The place was looking dry and well kept.

‘Maria?’

There was no response till she strolled to the room and found Maria engrossed in her bible.

‘well, hello there!’ she greeted trying to hold back her sarcasm. ‘I’ve been screaming out to you and here you are, reading quietly in this room. Did I intrude anything?’

‘yes, you did.’ Maria smiled as her sister came to greet her. planting a kiss on her cheeks, she settled down beside her watching her intently.

‘How was work?’

‘fine, Nick dropped me at home insisting he wanted to come in and see you but I’d rather give you time and ask for your permission first.’

‘I don’t mind. You could have brought him in.’ Maria dropped her bible and watched her sister. ‘do you love him?’

‘I do.’

‘I’m not convinced.’ Maria murmured and kept watching her sister till she grew uncomfortable. ‘why are you staring at me that way?’

‘don’t know. I was looking for something to convince me when I look into them, but I don’t see anything.’

‘well, my dear sister, you’ll have to do better than the eyes. I’m glad you didn’t fall for Joe that way.’

‘what do you mean?’

Salma stood and went to stand near the window so that she could not look into her sister’s eyes for fear of crying again. ‘well, I won’t lie, Joe was a charming guy when you two first met and you wouldn’t stop talking about him. he wouldn’t stop looking into your eyes whenever you two were together but I knew right from the start, he was up to no good.

He even had the guts to sweep you away to Michigan for the weekend and you went with him. you were so blinded by love. You thought you’ve finally found someone who would take all your nightmares away and keep you from all harm, but you were very wrong. joe could not even measure up to half of what you wanted but you still endured him anyway.’
Maria was quiet as she thought on Salma’s words.

‘you two got married and you were so in love…, so to say. Amanda came two years later and she was such a beautiful child. She had your hair and your eyes. There was a little strain in your marriage after her birth but you thought you could handle a little pressure. ‘everyone has problems.’ You always said, but it all came crumbling down when Amanda went dumb. she was in shock. For days, she was in the hospital and when it was getting too long, you wanted her discharged.

Medical attention didn’t seem to be improving anything, and so, you were told to resolve it the psychological way by giving her all the love and attention she needed, but that your ex wasn’t sensible enough to see that she needed a family. He was already moving ahead.’

Maria choked out. ‘moving ahead?’

Salma nodded. ‘yes. As a matter of fact, he was getting married to someone else. He had this bimbo fiancée he was going to get married to in a couple of weeks. I did a little check up on her and I saw she was a popular fashion designer. One of the state’s best. She was a great looking lady and I wondered why Joe ever set eyes on you in the first place. He might have as well waited for someone like him. someone who cared less about children and loved their jobs and the media more than their family.’

‘did it never occur to you that he might have fallen in love with me?’ she sounded broken and hurt and wished Salma had not said anything.

She scoffed. ‘Joe loves no one but himself Maria and that was why he was selfish enough to get you pregnant. The sooner you realize this, the better it would be for you and me. For the both of us.’

‘He said we were grieving due to Amanda’s loss…, I can’t blame him. he didn’t rape me.’

Salma looked at her sister like she had gone crazy. she began to wonder if it was the amnesia or her new found religion that was making her act so ‘nice.’

‘he wasn’t fit to be Amanda’s father, and he was already seeing someone else. Perhaps even before the divorce.’

Maria’s pride was hurt and she looked away. The tears had found way to her eyes and she couldn’t stop it. So the reason why Joe had been hovering around her was because of the baby. How could she have been so stupid? How could she have been blind not to have seen his heart was somewhere else and she had been forcing him to stay with her? He was going to get married. He would have done so if not for the incident that happened and she would have to put her children in custody.

‘I’m sorry you had to find out the truth this way, Maria but I want you to make up your mind about the future of your children. I can make arrangements with Nick to go far away, far away from the states where Joe will never find us. It’s a pity you can’t remember Carlos. He was your high school sweetheart and he’s been waiting years for you. I’ve explained everything to him and he’s still very much in love with you. He says he’ll be glad to come with us. You two will get to know each other get married and raise the twins together and you’ll forget you ever had a man like Joe in your life.’

‘what’s in it for you?’

Salma was taken aback by her question and she raised her eyebrow questioningly. ‘what do you mean by that?’

‘’I mean what’s in all these things that you’re doing for me, what will you achieve?’

She looked unperturbed. ‘your happiness baby. That’s what I want. Your happiness is my satisfaction.’

‘and your happiness?’

She blinked. ‘well, my happiness is when I see you happy.’

‘what’s in it for Nick?’

‘well…’ she looked away. ‘nothing really. We’re gonna get married once I see you settled.’

‘do you want to marry him or he wants to marry you?’

‘I can’t answer that question Maria.’

She shook her head. ‘I’m not asking for an answer, I’m asking for a second thought.’ She concluded and wiped her hand with the back of her hands. Her nose was beginning to drool and she picked up her handkerchief to blow her nose. She stood up and picked her bag.

‘where are you going?’

‘if I remember my dreams so well, I know I have a sister who was loving and unselfish but what I see now is far different from that picture.’ She snatched her scarf from the bed and threw it on her neck. ’I’m going to church to talk to God. You can do me a favor by giving me my real sister when I come back.’ She opened the door and slammed it behind her.

And all Salma could do was stare after her sister as the tears rolled down. All she had done was to sacrifice her happiness and everything for her only sister and here she was, feeling dumped by the person she loved most in the world.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Veevien(f): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ohhhhh thanks Glow, u r such a life saver. #dancing azonto

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
Heya.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by yajoe(m): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
You are only makin M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ hungry 4 more, haba quench dis hungry nw!!!plssssss
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by yummypie: 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
Dis is fantastic #hugs#. I can't just wait 4 d next update. Keep it up girl. I joined nairaland cos of dis story. So make it worthwhile

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Jesse4mu(m): 12:15am On Jun 15, 2013
angry i don't know why, but i hate salma's attitude so much!!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oludebby90(f): 3:37am On Jun 15, 2013
Ur posts ar nt as long as b4,plzzzz naaaa,u ar killing me wit suspense
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2013
wow. At last i have caught up with everyone else. Nows time to express my deep appreciation for how u have rolled out this wonderful piece. EXCELLENTO! My dear. Great work u r doing here and i love every bit of it.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Fishoy(f): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2013
Jesse4mu: angry i don't know why, but i hate salma's attitude so much!!
actually tot i ws d only one....i dnt like her too
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Ishilove: 11:14am On Jun 15, 2013
Hello glowingscenes. Fantastic job you are doing here. Keep it up smiley

Are you Nigerian?
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by modele2: 11:17am On Jun 15, 2013
Was kinda hoping it had been fully downloaded so I would enjoy it all at once.
This is real cool writing. Thanks alot for sharing this freely with us.

Oya post the rest sharp sharp..... grin
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2013
glow, abeg come glow us with new update na. I don wait tire oh. No blame my desperate attitude. Na the interestingness of the story cos am.

Oboy c english- 'Interestingness'

u c wetin u don cos abi ;Dglow, abeg come glow us with new update na. I don wait tire oh. No blame my desperate attitude. Na the interestingness of the story cos am.

u c wetin u don cos abi

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2013
Ishilove: Hello glowingscenes. Fantastic job you are doing here. Keep it up smiley

Are you Nigerian?
I av a feeling she s not Nigerian buh wish she scheesy
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by teeluv(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2013
Candis009:
I av a feeling she s not Nigerian buh wish she scheesy

She very much is.. and stays in Nigeria as well..
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 15, 2013
Wow.. D@s gud to hear
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Lisalil(f): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2013
Anuty glow pls upload the story it too interestng i dy die in suspense 4 here,pls o,biko o,ejo oo
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
Salmaaaa....don't disturb the plan of God O.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
This Salma geh eh. . angry
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Bilany(f): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
teeluv:

She very much is.. and stays in Nigeria as well..
Thank God!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Angel778(f): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
U'r such a wonderful write. waiting eargerly 4 more update. sweeeet sweeeeeet

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Choca(f): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
I pride myself in not reading romance or even christian romance but girllll you've got me hooked.
I LOVE your writing style, I've even checked out your blog and the Chocolates and Sushi is just wow!
You really should publish this.
Girl you rock.
May God bless you..... Muaaaah

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
Veevien: Ohhhhh thanks Glow, u r such a life saver. #dancing azonto
Hehe...
Tanx hun!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
emsheddy: glow, abeg come glow us with new update na. I don wait tire oh. No blame my desperate attitude. Na the interestingness of the story cos am.

u c wetin u don cos abi ;Dglow, abeg come glow us with new update na. I don wait tire oh. No blame my desperate attitude. Na the interestingness of the story cos am.

u c wetin u don cos abi

LMAO....keep putting d blame on me and my story...heheheh...I'm happy it does that for u.interestingness...loool. Dnt worry, I go update u hia...ose dear
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
glowingscenes:

LMAO....keep putting d blame on me and my story...heheheh...I'm happy it does that for u.interestingness...loool. Dnt worry, I go update u hia...ose dear

ok dear. Am waiting patiently. But remember #singing in Bob Marley's voice- I dont wanna wait invain for ur love

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
Choca :
I pride myself in not reading romance or even christian romance but girllll you've got me hooked.
I LOVE your writing style, I've even checked out your blog and the Chocolates and Sushi is just wow!
You really should publish this.
Girl you rock.
May God bless you..... Muaaaah
Awwwwww....thanks choca!!!I appreciiate u.muah!!!amen to ur prayers
And thanks fr checkin up mý blog....keep checking it for more updates of my series
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2013
*rubbing palms together, waiting for next update* cheesy

Glow baby, keep glowing wink
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by nonysmith(m): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
Finallyyyyy....phew..even with my legal background I hv never been a big fan of novels be it horror sci fi or drama...!but dis..dis..dis got me glueddd...wow..*nd the best part is dat u are sharing Gods love and message tru dis...nyce..'Keep it up dear... Oya maza mazaaa..._update ooo
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2013
Angel_777: U'r such a wonderful write. waiting eargerly 4 more update. sweeeet sweeeeeet

Thanks love.muah
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
Br3nd4: This Salma geh eh. . angry

Hehe.....do u blame her? Joe hurt her sister so much na and they've both been through a lot lately plus amanda dying and all

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / SCHOOL LIFE / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.