Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband (26498 Views)

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' / See What A Woman Did To Save Her Child From A Fire Outbreak(photo) / When Does A Woman Conceive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 30, 2013
50calibre: I see people here speaking of emotions, which emotions? The OP or whoever the subject is has been only married for just 31 months (2 years and 7 months) and acting like its been 10 years.

Biology is very simple, it's not magic. Go to a different clinic and have them check your michael phelps thoroughly

You think it's that easy. What makes you think he's the one with the problem?

Even with science, we still have many childless homes.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by babyoy(f): 11:13pm On May 30, 2013
It is well with u in Jesus mighty name.Amen[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by milky3(f): 11:14pm On May 30, 2013
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in d morning
your morning shall come IJN,
Rejoice and again I say Rejoice
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by KingGeorge1: 11:14pm On May 30, 2013
Kai! So touching,I've 2 share with my soulmate, cuz is so profound.But I join my faith with urs 2 welcum that long expected General 2 show his cute little face.For d Lord will give u double 4 ur faith in HIM.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by toluxa1(m): 11:15pm On May 30, 2013
I just said a short prayer for you, your wife will soon be pregnant, Congrats Bro! By the Power of the Grand Master of the Universe, The Eledumare, Oba to ju Oba lo, The Great and Awesome Creator, the next seed you sow into your wife shall prosper. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by tdade(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2013
Touching. Just touching....... Over to you God!

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 30, 2013
"Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby. Fill the air with song, you who've never experienced childbirth! You're ending up with far more children than all those childbearing women." GOD says so! [Is. 54:1 (MSG)]
"He gives childless couples a family, gives them joy as the parents of children. Hallelujah!" [Ps. 113:9]
This is what God has promised you and your wife. Just keep praising God and thanking Him for your child and I know that soon and very soon, we shall share in your joy and testimony.

Remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by dasparrow: 11:20pm On May 30, 2013
@Post

Nice write up. May God grant you your heart's desire. However, saying that the world is not a wicked place is not true. The world IS a wicked place - Tribalism, racism, boko haram, religious intolerance, terrorism, war, poverty, greed, corruption, child sexual molestation, infidelity in marriage, etc goes on daily around the world - and Nigeria is not exactly the best country to come into the world to especially because after 52 years, most Nigerians including my humble self are currently living in darkness except we fuel and turn on the generator. Besides, if most unborn babies can choose their parents' nationality and which country they want to come from, I am afraid most will not choose Nigeria including my humble self and that is the gospel truth.

And nobody should crucify me for stating my humble opinion because you shall be ignored.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:21pm On May 30, 2013
@OP... Let it be known to you and your wife, by this time next, year according to the word of God that never faileth, there shall be cry of Joy in your house, yes! That a baby is born.... Just believe with your wife, IT SHALL BE DONE... And you shall use his picture as profile pictures for us all to see. God bless you
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by EkoAtlantic: 11:21pm On May 30, 2013
May your wishes be granted in Christ's name.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by ACM10: 11:22pm On May 30, 2013
Touching. . . Enjoy this comic-relief wink

[size=18pt]LETTER TO MY FUTURE WIFE[/size]

Dear Serwaa,
When I was too young to impregnate a woman, I often dreamt of marrying a perfect woman, a woman whose qualities would fit into mine like the fitting ends of a capsule. But now that I’m old enough to own one, my perception about a perfect woman has changed.

I have come to the realisation that there’s no such thing as a perfect partner. If anybody could ever be perfect and meet the specification of my ideal partner, then it ought to have been you. You and I share a common background and have been together long enough to know each other, understand each other and adapt to each other.

But it seems we’re still many miles away from becoming that perfect match, though I don’t think it is wise to give up trying. There’s no way the two of us can think alike all the time. What we can do, however, is to think together and grow together. Even identical twins who have been incubated in one womb, possess divergent views and interests about issues. So trying to achieve that perfect consensus will amount to tracing the proverbial foot of the rainbow.

This stark reality notwithstanding, there are certain fundamental issues that I think we cannot compromise. It is for this reason that you may find me as a nagging lover.

Serwaa, today I want to tell you something that has taken me so long to say. I have the fear that you are likely to be a liability. You are a very intelligent and promising lady. But, like your peers, you have the mentality of a liability, which I want you to discard. That mentality is not peculiar to you. grin

At this stage of our lives, there’s nothing to suggest that I’m better than you. Nothing shows that I should have a better job than you. But anytime we talk about our future, you seem to sound as if we’re entering into a master-servant relationship, shifting all responsibility on me. Unfortunately, it becomes a master-master relationship when we talk about rights and other issues. I think you should learn to see yourself as a contributor, and not a dependant, as far as this relationship is concerned.
choi grin

Don’t mistake this to mean that I am one of those men who try to run away from their responsibilities. Far from it! I will discharge all the responsibilities required of me as a husband and father. But I will also not do what no man of today would want to do – marry a liability.

The Encarta Dictionary has, among others these definitions of liability: something for which somebody is responsible, especially a debt; something that holds somebody back or causes trouble, and somebody who prevents a successful outcome or causes social embarrassment.

Serwaa, any young lady entering into a relationship expects the man to buy her car, her laptop, mobile phone or anything they need. When the subject of women being dependent on men came up in a class at the University of Ghana’s School of Communication Studies, the ladies protested vehemently. They would not accept the assertion that women are often dependent on them. But when we decided to conduct a simply survey, it was realised that almost all the ladies did not buy their mobile phones themselves. badt guy grin

While I see nothing wrong with buying you something you need, I think it will do our marriage if you discard the mentality that it is my duty to fend for you. Most businesses that have sprung out of marriages came through the collective effort of both partners. One should not be gathering while the other merely consumes.

One reason we marry is for security. That security is not a preserve of you ladies. We men also need that security. In the case of eventuality in our marriage such as job loss, I should be able to depend on my partner while I strategise. I’m not saying I’ll depend on you but the reality on the ground is far from what we think. embarassed

That mentality also makes most ladies very lazy and they never live to their full potential just because they think have men they can depend on. Their lives become like incomplete sentences. They end with commas, waiting for the man to put the full stop at the end. cheesy

Serwaa, please don’t get me wrong. I want you to work hard and live a purposeful life. Work as if you were the one who would single-handedly shoulder the financial burden of our marriage. It may turn out to be so. Yes, it is possible that way.

Do you know why some women leave relationships and marriages when their partners lose their jobs or sources of income? Their love does not evaporate all of a sudden. They simply cannot survive. They are long term liabilities who would starve to death if the bread winner of the relationship loses his bread. I don’t want to suffer this fate. lipsrsealed

Besides the best way to make us financial independent and self-reliant is when each of us has something to offer. We are not entering into a master-servant relationship. Neither are we entering into a competition. I’m not the type of men who think that when the woman becomes self-reliant, they lose their control of the marriages. For this reason, some engage in unhealthy competition. We are going into partnership. Yes, marriage is a partnership.

Let me state once again that I will not shirk my marital responsibility. I will, however, not want to marry a liability. In fact guys of today dump ladies who have such tendencies. They may not be open enough, but when we meet we discuss such issues passionately. I have laid bare the plain facts before you. That is the reality, and we must confront it head-on. cool

On this reality shall we build our marriage and the gates of divorce shall not prevail against it.

I’m still yours,
Azure.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by charming4: 11:25pm On May 30, 2013
Hmmmm, i have just been married for 6months & I know hw it feels to wait already. Keep the faith bro. It's well.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Sophiegurl(f): 11:25pm On May 30, 2013
cry cry cry cry ur babies will come forth in Jesus name. Ur name shall be next on Gods waiting list. AMEN

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Akan(m): 11:28pm On May 30, 2013
Father let the tears of this our brother, your son, the tears of his wife, your daughter not be in vain. I pray that you visit this couple in their hour of need. Make manifest ur word upon their life that they will know that you are the one true God. Just like you did for Hannah and Sarah I pray you do for this couple. So that on that day when this couple will bring their child/children to dedicate unto you, that joyful song of Hannah 'there is none holy as the Lord..' will flow freely from their lips.The tears of sadness they shed today is to clear the path for the tears of joy that is to follow. I ask this in Jesus name.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Picomon(m): 11:31pm On May 30, 2013
People who need kids badly and ready to take care of em are yet to get em, people who get em easily are dumping em kids in the river, selling them for money rituals, dumping em by the roadside.

Why Lord?!?! Well, only you understands why!!

May God grant you your heart desire @OP I understand how you feel. Soon, everything will be alright. Keep praying.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:33pm On May 30, 2013
@ Op someone told me about this; I quickly checked it and emotions got the best of me as tears started flowing down my cheeks....it reminds me of how my own mother had her children @ an old age. She would tell me that she thought she would never have children but they came, six of them. Remember that God's timing is perfect....when the little one comes please remember to share your blessings with us.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 30, 2013
The God that answereth by fire will answer you,me,she,he and every body here seeking the fruit of the womb,IJN!AMEN
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by chlowi(f): 11:38pm On May 30, 2013
I am short of words , ill pray for you and your wife , ill ask my mum to do same too.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Lanspower(m): 11:39pm On May 30, 2013
I do really feel for the OP. I can tell how down his wife can be, waiting so long to conceive. It took me lenghty of sermon day in day out to safe my wife from turning into something else when she was struggling to conceive just months after our marriage. The fact that she did pregnancy test in Nigeria and came out positive only for her to be tested negative when she joinned me in England worsened the matter. She didnt beleive there could have been error somewhere especially when she didnt see any sign of miscarriage albeit her period which forced us to do a reconfirmation of the test which later showed she had never conceived. I would see my wife being so emotional when she watched movies where someone was pregnant or had a baby....Now the story is different, she got it and it's in there now...she now understands how discomforting life is during pregnacy but she doesnt care, all she does now is to give me conditions for sleeping on the same bed she used to beg me to come and sleep...it's all banters now, the agony of seemingly endless wait is gone, we now know when it is and we know what it is. MAY GOD ALMIGHTY MAKE THIS DAY YO WROTE THIS LETTER THE END OF YOUR WAIT AND GRANT YOU AND YOUR WIFE WHAT YOU DESIRE.

4 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by 50calibre(m): 11:46pm On May 30, 2013
Temismith: dis is just wat i av to say to u. I pray u dont go through A PINCH of wat dey r passing through. U tink its just d 31months u know ryt? Keeping quiet atimes just shows how wise u re.

Go and sit down that's my opinion, this has got nothing to do with wisdom, I don't understand the whining.

My aunt has been married for close to five years and I don't see she and husband weeping and wailing. The world has changed, gone are the days people cry over childlessness, adoption is always an option.

I wish the OP well though and may God grant him his heart desire.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by 50calibre(m): 11:52pm On May 30, 2013
Built2last:

This guy is just a waste of sp.erm...must you comment or was he seeking your advice.Ewu Gambia

I can just imagine the look on your stup*id face as you typed this, I do hope you have this much courage which you displayed here in your real life.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by deeplow: 11:53pm On May 30, 2013
Amen...keep the faith
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 30, 2013
Bros,

God Almighty will answer your prayer and come next year chiledrens's day, you will be a father.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by freecocoa(f): 12:03am On May 31, 2013
OP how can you make me cry like this? You owe me one fowl for that.

Baby please hurry up and come to mummy and daddy, I bet you'd be more than glad you did.

God please listen to the pleas of OP,his wife and all those in the same predicament, you said children are the heritage of your people and your word doesn't return to you unfulfilled so please, show these ones why you are the almighty.

We trust and believe you've heard and answered our prayers IJN.

OP hold fast, in no distant time junior(s) will be here and I'm looking forward to reading stories of how you were awake all night, just get ready cos you must have some sleepless nights singing instantly formed lullaby.cheesy
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Bzoe(f): 12:13am On May 31, 2013
inwangobio: @Amdman, u have just made me shed tears again, trust me i know how you feel having been there quite longer than you have been. The thing is that, we wish it could happen sometimes the way we plan it, I actually thought I could have the number of children i needed within the first seven years of my marriage so as to settle down n groom them, but it was never to be. My brother just commit your ways to God, do the needful and trust Him to fix it up for you, by His grace I will soon be a father after so many years, Come 27th May, 2014 i will be celebrating with my children by His grace. I trust God to do it for you too, it is well with you. Pls stand by your wife and encourage her, the Almighty God will visit you sooner than you could ever expect it. Bless you.
amen
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by handsomebolanle: 12:29am On May 31, 2013
@op
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by handsomebolanle: 12:30am On May 31, 2013
@op
i believe you have done all you can.. But let me tell you one more thing to do
Everytime you pray, Thank God for He has not yet given you a child!!!
He is not deaf.....I know it can be very hard but im very sure you will reply me within the next 5months.. Cheers
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by paslinda: 12:33am On May 31, 2013
sholay2011: The concluding part got to me really hard. By this time next year, you would have a testimony of triplets in Jesus name!!! Amen! God be with you and madam.
[i][/i]. AMEN!!!!!!!!
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Tobbiedammie: 12:36am On May 31, 2013
Op-I av bin thru Θis road b4 n I perfectly undastand wat Ȋ̝̊̅† mins.God isn't asleep.Buy ßα̲̅ß♈̷̴ clothes ,Ʊ can begin †̥ pay tithes 4 †ђξ♏ b4 d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ come & name ur babies.The Bible says call forth d things ∂at are ŋσ† as doh d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ were.Pick some Bible passages & remind God of his promises.He'd turn captivity around & b ℓiƙҽ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ∂at dream.Believe Θis!God has done Ȋ̝̊̅†.Ur celebration Ȋ̝̊̅§ here*double portions,next levels*
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 12:59am On May 31, 2013
the God that answereth Sarah would surely answer you.please dont forget to invite me on your naming ceremony happening soon.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by ausdy(m): 12:59am On May 31, 2013
amdman: My child,

Its just over 31 months since that day I took the stroll down the aisle with your mummy and said our vows before God and man. Since that day, we have been waiting expectantly for you. Sometimes we wonder what is taking you so long. Sometimes we imagine its taking so long because you must be very special. Most times our hearts have remained undoubtedly sure that your coming is very close, and in fact closer than we think. But then, you do not need to keep us waiting anymore.

But don’t think we have not done our fair share of things that are believed will make you come quickly. I have been severally tested and found to be perfect, having millions of you inside me. Mummy has been severally tested too and everything is in place, no cysts, no fibroids. And we have sown seeds too, financially and otherwise. We have invested in other children and continue to do so. We have followed plethora of advice on what and what not to do. We have not allowed our expectations to metamorphose into anxiety… yet you are yet to come.

And you know what? Mummy needs you! There is just something about African culture and the African woman that has made having you a certificate of completeness. You are the very person she needs right now. She has God, she has me, but she needs you to balance the equation. She has heard how discomfiting pregnancy can be... and how much more painful labour is too. But I can tell you that she is ready to go through all of that and more just to have you. Mummy G that has a 3yr-old and a 2yr-old just gave birth another 2 months ago. Mummy T that has a 2yr+ old is already carrying another. These people live in the same compound with mummy. Infact, your uncle and aunty that married after your mummy and daddy already hold their children in their hands. Granddaddy and Grandmummy are not putting mummy under pressure. They call her from time to time to encourage her to be patient. My siblings and hers do the same too. But little by little, mummy is beginning to put herself under pressure. I am doing everything I can to help her, but I need you to help me.

And don’t think that I don’t want you too! I want you with the last drop of my blood. I love you so much my heart literally aches sometimes. Children’s day was celebrated yesterday in church and it was beautiful. My eyes were flooded with tears to see so many lovely children showcasing their talents. I know that if you were here, you would have been one of the best! Anyway, I bought some gifts for children that are needy on your behalf; so know that your name is already recorded in church!

Today is Children's Day. If you were here, I would have taken the day off work to have fun with you at Inspiration FM’s Children Day’s Carnival at Dreamworld Africana. We would have had many lovely rides and yummy ice cream together, and I would have been overwhelmed just to hear you laugh. Nothing can describe how I would feel just to hold you in my arms knowing that you are my seed become flesh.

Please do not heed all the bad news on the airwaves and think the world is bad place. Do not listen to statistics that show that Nigeria is uninhabitable. We have sworn to do all we can to make the world a beautiful place for you. You will meet many challenges, but most importantly, you would have been prepared to overcome them.

I have to stop now because am in the office and my eyes are teary again. My boss just asked what’s wrong my eyes (lol) so I have to run before they find I have been crying. But am not ashamed to cry if it will make you come quickly. I know that we will surmount any mountain to finally have you in our arms… it’s just that waiting can be so hard sometimes.

We love you as no other human can ever and will ever do.

From the best Dad you could ever have,

M
My brother it is well with your family,I must confess that your note touched my soul and I just can't do anything other than to pray for you.
I was in the same shoe with you but just this year my wife conceived with twins and she will due in a few months time.
As long as God did it for me HE will do it for you too.dont worry HE is your strength embarassed

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 1:05am On May 31, 2013
50calibre:

Go and sit down that's my opinion, this has got nothing to do with wisdom, I don't understand the whining.

My aunt has been married for close to five years and I don't see she and husband weeping and wailing. The world has changed, gone are the days people cry over childlessness, adoption is always an option.

I wish the OP well though and may God grant him his heart desire.
to say am disappointed at you is an understatement, so because she didn't cry publicly makes you think all is well with your aunt?

guy, grow up,emotional pain is worse than physical tears.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / Husband Tattoos Wifey On His Cheek (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.