Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) (29270 Views)

Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. / Pictures Of The Newly Constructed Benin-ore-shagamu Road / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
You made that statement to pull legs. Please you are from which state?
I am a Niger Deltan, the breadwinners of Nigeria.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 4:30pm On May 29, 2013
I'm yoruba guy and I grow up in Ibadan, i was in Ibadan last year December and January, the flyover is below par compare to standard flyover I have seen across the world even in other part of Nigeria.
I commend the governor for good work, but I believe he can do better with tax payer money.
No tax on this flyover like Lagos, so it is manageable but it will usurp maintenance cost within few years.

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by IGBOSON1: 4:31pm On May 29, 2013
XFive: Please make una swap this governor with Abia state governor

^^^I think you'll find that they'll politely decline your offer!

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by thundey95(m): 4:34pm On May 29, 2013
Eko o ni bajeeee ooo, ah undecided undecided undecided sorry ooo Oyo o ni Ba jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: If that bridge was built in my State, I will call a protest to dismantle it. But this is NOT about Origin Bias Syndrome. This is calling a spade, a spade. That Bridge is like one-lane, no cross-bar, one-way traffic, tarred with charcoal mixed with some advanced cow dung. We all know that it is a shady job done by an inexperienced bunch of laborers. It is NOT worth being seen, its highly shameful.

I didn't request for an essay oo, just tell us where your father hails from, simple.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

It really is difficult having to come here to note semi-illiterate characters like you and that buffoon-like yahoo-yahoo fraudster who calls himself Billyonaire, time and time again, disturbing the peace of others here with your spiteful antics.

Do you two simpletons think bridges, or any constructed structure in a built environment for that matter, can simplistically be compared without consideration for other determinant factors that has affected scale, size and design?

You two low-IQ irritants better ask for information from Nairalanders employed in construction, perhaps specifically related to urban planning and development, instead of displaying your scant knowledge and idiocy this appallingly. There are bridges and even tunnels in the UK, London specifically, narrower than this. For example, the A13 bridge, over the Ripple road corner, is narrower than this. The Rotherhithe tunnel is also more narrow than this bridge. Go and understand the concept of functionality limiting physical design and stop disturbing us here with your petty hatred and jealousy.

All these grammar should have been channeled to a Governor who thought he has achieved something by erecting a dilapidating structure. Look at the edges of that so-called Bridge, just look at the cow-dung bitumen, there is intolerable pedestrian sidewalk, there is no railing for balancing, the entire thing looks very unprofessional. I doubt if these bigots have traveled outside their mud denominated communities before contesting for Governorship. This is simply an Amala Bridge.

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 4:41pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo: I'm yoruba guy and I grow up in Ibadan, i was in Ibadan last year December and January, the flyover is below par compare to standard flyover I have seen across the world even in other part of Nigeria.
I commend the governor for good work, but I believe he can do better with tax payer money.
No tax on this flyover like Lagos, so it is manageable but it will usurp maintenance cost within few years.

Look, with all due respect, what exactly will you regard as "up to par"? Is the bridge found wanting in terms of structural strength or safety? Is it deficient in it original role of aiding the efficient flow of traffic ? Or do we just declare this bridge not "up to par" because it does not look like the Manhattan bridge or another in Akwa Ibom without any consideration whatsoever for salient engineering considerations that has affected the size, scale and looks of the Bridge?

4 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 4:44pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire:

All these grammar should have been channeled to a Governor who thought he has achieved something by erecting a dilapidating structure. Look at the edges of that so-called Bridge, just look at the cow-dung bitumen, there is intolerable pedestrian sidewalk, there is no railing for balancing, the entire thing looks very unprofessional. I doubt if these bigots have traveled outside their mud denominated communities before contesting for Governorship. This is simply an Amala Bridge.

Of course it would be to a fraudster and ignoramus such as yourself. If the Bridge functionally plays it's part to aid overall transport efficiency, then I don't think any grateful end user will care what a petty fraudster, consumed with inferiority complex and petty envy for others, think.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 29, 2013
django1:

I didn't request for an essay oo, just tell us where your father hails from, simple.

That should be my privacy as guaranteed by the Nairaland TOS before I signed up. I will guard that secretly due to my Political non-challancy occasioned by my zero-tolerance for mediocrity as showcased by this Amala bridge.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Bofemsky(f): 4:46pm On May 29, 2013
django1: I don't know if he'll want to open the bridge just yet cos a lot of work is still going on around it, like the lights they are fixing under it and the round about itself is not yet done...

What I'm excited about though is that in another 6 months to come when the grasses must have grown, that place will be a sight to behold at night!
You are very right. I work @ Mokola and each time I see that bridge, I'm always happy!
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by wildchild1: 4:47pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire:

Afam4eva:
Is this bridge different from the Molete bridge? My bad then. My second comment still stands. it's commendable.
kokoye:

Takes a big man to accept he is wrong on NL...nice
all these got me rotflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 4:49pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: I am a Niger Deltan, the breadwinners of Nigeria.
A part of me is from N/Delta too. But your assertion as per the standard of the flyover is not adequate. Mere looking is not enough...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:49pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Looking at the bridge, doesnt look like is tarred with Bitumen, looks like charcoal mixed with cow-dung. The Governor of that State may not have traveled out of his State since the invention of Amala.

Lmaooooo
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

Of course it would be to a fraudster and ignoramus such as yourself. If the Bridge functionally plays it's part to aid overall transport efficiency, then I don't think any grateful end user will care what a petty fraudster, consumed with inferiority complex and petty envy for others, think.
You repeat fraudster for the umpteenth times, Yes I read that. That is character assasination, I am a very very hardworking Nigerian, my "too much" cash-flow are blessings from the Cosmic Energy, Properties, Trucking and the Oil that flows from my Niger Delta; There is no money in fraud anymore, I would have been there and trust me, I would have shared my loot with you. That being said, that Bridge, is not up to par. It is very bad, the worst I have ever seen on the internet. I called it Amala bridge, not cos Amala is Yoruba food, no, far from it, I enjoy Amala when cooked by a Pretty Yoruba model in my condo, but Amala Bridge means, a bridge that looks like cow dung, just like Amala looks like cow dung especially when mixed with "Ewedu". Die!!!

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Inoknowbook: 4:51pm On May 29, 2013
I'm sorry to say this, the bridge does not look as something that could stand the test of time. I may be wrong though.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, with all due respect, what exactly will you regard as "up to par"? Is the bridge found wanting in terms of structural strength or safety? Is it deficient in it original role of aiding the efficient flow of traffic ? Or do we just declare this bridge not "up to par" because it does not look like the Manhattan bridge or another in Akwa Ibom without any consideration whatsoever for salient engineering considerations that has affected the size, scale and looks of the Bridge?
I'm not here to argue blindly, when i was in Ibadan last year I told my friend this bridge is below standard but manageable. I live in Ibadan for 27 yrs and my house not far from there and that place is where i always pass.
The model of the bridge is just a one way motive to ease traffic, that is number one flop , that place need alternative model to cater for those coming from UCH, and those coming from Sabo, but this bridge is plainly design to cater for those coming from Mokola and those coming from Dugbe, that is one major concerned i have regarding the bridge if you said I should not talk about the structure, this bridge is done with labour intensive and not machine intensive. I was surprise to see GP water tank on it in December which indicates type of crude work done on it.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
A part of me is from N/Delta too. But your assertion as per the standard of the flyover is not adequate. Mere looking is not enough...
Let's all condemn what these Politicians dont do right. I can assure you, the budget of that Cow Dung "Amala" bridge, will certainly be in billions and the politicians go home smiling with their loots. What is bad, is bad. I simply call, a spade, a spade. Truthful lies take us no where, let's say the truthful truths.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:
I'm not here to argue blindly, when i was in Ibadan last year I told my friend this bridge is below standard but manageable. I live in Ibadan for 27 yrs and my house not far from there and that place is where i always pass.
The model of the bridge is just a one way motive to ease traffic, that is number one flop , that place need alternative model to cater for those coming from UCH, and those coming from Sabo, but this bridge is plainly design to cater for those coming from Mokola and those coming from Dugbe, that is one major concerned i have regarding the bridge if you said I should not talk about the structure, this bridge is done with labour intensive and not machine intensive. I was surprise to see GP water tank on it in December which indicates type of crude work done on it.
You are a respected man. The Government has enough money to bring in Julius Berger, but they chose "direct labour" on a bridge; That is an expensive joke. I pray to the Gods, that the bridge does NOT collapse on innocent people some years to come.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Bofemsky(f): 5:01pm On May 29, 2013
Afam4eva: I remember how dirty and unkempt that bridge was a few years back. I'll have to commend the governor on this.
I think you got the bridges all mixed up, there was never any bridge at Mokola; this one is a newly constructed one!
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 5:02pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:

Precisely. At least not from an engineering perspective. We cannot just reduce every discussion here to whimsical talk ignorant of facts, science and logic. The Walkway bridge below, over the Kakum National Park , Cape Coast was designed and built by Dutch engineers yonks ago. It is still entirely functional today.

Is it the best walkway bridge anyone has seen? Absolutely not. Yet can you argue it is not doing what it was designed to do? We should at least attempt to touch on what matter here intelligently and not just limit discussions to shallow bickering.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5mnblUhWxx4nU-tyHvvBsTHVaHK0p6CaLw11leaqXmHZIp1fpeg[/img]
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Let's all condemn what these Politicians dont do right. I can assure you, the budget of that Cow Dung "Amala" bridge, will certainly be in billions and the politicians go home smiling with their loots. What is bad, is bad. I simply call, a spade, a spade. Truthful lies take us no where, let's say the truthful truths.
I understand your point of view. No one is against speaking the "truthful truth" but assuming your statements are backed with enough prove like engineering or construction experience and the likes, then I'll stand on your points raised. I have a reason for saying this...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by tinkinjo: 5:05pm On May 29, 2013
From d look of it, I fear for d quality

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2013
Aji sebi Oyo laari Oyo ki se bi Baba enikan kan
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Bofemsky(f): 5:05pm On May 29, 2013
Malawian: that red burglary in the last picture, is it to prevent people from squating there to release? undecided undecided
It is to prevent people from turning it into a market and to prevent touts from turning it into a hideout!
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Reference(m): 5:10pm On May 29, 2013
Good job. Every infrastructural development is an added plus and for those regionaldos, we should welcome development in any part of Nigeria. Those outside our shores looking in to invest do not sectionalize things.

As for the appearance and quality, it goes with the circumstance. I prefer functionality. This is the level of our development.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 5:10pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Let's all condemn what these Politicians dont do right. I can assure you, the budget of that Cow Dung "Amala" bridge, will certainly be in billions and the politicians go home smiling with their loots. What is bad, is bad. I simply call, a spade, a spade. Truthful lies take us no where, let's say the truthful truths.

I think the contract is around 970m Naira, but I can't matched that to the book value because it was awarded directly by the governor to himself and sold it out.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Eccentrica(f): 5:17pm On May 29, 2013
[quote
author=Egba girl]Not too impressed with the way it looks BUT I give the
guy credit for doing this at least. I've been hearing the guy is
working sha, which is good.

Btw, hope they've fixed that road around UI/secretariat/ikolaba/awolowo?
yeah, d road is fixed
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by bloggernaija: 5:19pm On May 29, 2013
XFive: Please make una swap this governor with Abia state governor
we go pay Una make keep am for abia. We go even add oyinlola, akala and agagu as bonus.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by barag(f): 5:19pm On May 29, 2013
Afam4eva: I remember how dirty and unkempt that bridge was a few years back. I'll have to commend the governor on this.
a few years back?d construction of dt bridge commenced last year so what do u mean by dirty n unkempt
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 5:20pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
I understand you point of view. No one is against speaking the "truthful truth" but assuming your statements are backed with enough prove like engineering or construction experience and the likes, then I'll stand on your points raised. I have a reason for saying this...

You may not know this slimeball here but believe his deceptive utterance at your own peril. He is another insecure twit always on SW issues negatively 24/7. Look below at his earlier rant of Westerners having "deep-rooted" jealousy for the "perfectionists" from the ND. Is it not obvious this is another fool suffering from inferiority complex?

Can anyone, after reading the ugly, prejudiced comment below think this chap capable of being objective about any SW project when he simplistically thinks South Westerners are jealous of "perfectionist" Niger Delta? He is nothing but an insecure clown. Who is in competition with him and why is he, and others like him, always quick to knock anything positive revealed about the SW only for them to then talk of Akwa Ibom while delivering pictures no one asked for? It is obvious who is really suffering from jealousy. We all know insecure people always brag about themselves to others they feel inferior to.

Stop insulting, You Westerners have deep-rooted jealousy for perfectionists from the Niger Delta. That bridge is an eyesore, if you want to see bridges, google Akwa Ibom State.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 5:21pm On May 29, 2013
madam_oringo:

Afam, again you display your tribalism fuelled ignorance! FYI, the flyover was not there a few years back! Go and ask or do some basic research! The flyover (not bridge) is newly-built! If you saw a bridge that was unkempt, it belonged to the PDP Federal government that cannot even maintain any infrastructure to save its life!

BTW, why the fixation with the SW, don't you people have any root or home town to look after? Go and channel you misplaced energy to ibo land which is still the most retrogressive landscape in Nigeria today!

Gbossaaa!!!!
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 5:21pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

I think the contract is around 970m Naira, but I can't matched that to the book value because it was awarded directly by the governor to himself and sold it out.
Get your facts right please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Personal Doctors Are in London - Buhari / Obasanjo Coalition For Nigeria: Mark, Makarfi, Lamido, Others Weigh Options / Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.