Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) (29227 Views)

Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. / Pictures Of The Newly Constructed Benin-ore-shagamu Road / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 5:24pm On May 29, 2013
barag:
a few years back?d construction of dt bridge commenced last year so what do u mean by dirty n unkempt

Na tribalism dey talk so excuse his sorrow. You need to understand what they are going through, begging for common river bridge for over 30 years and still nothing is very painful and traumatic for them..

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 5:26pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
Get your facts right please.

The fact is not far from you, you can get it from Oyo State Ministry of works, the contract cost is less than a billion naira on paper i think. In fact, let me make a call to Ibadan to get the actual price.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

I think the contract is around 970m Naira, but I can't matched that to the book value because it was awarded directly by the governor to himself and sold it out.
The People of Oyo State deserve an excellent bridge, not this Eye-Sore. That State receives billions of Naira from Federal Government every 4 weeks and generate other revenues internally. Where is the fucking money going to ?

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire:

All these grammar should have been channeled to a Governor who thought he has achieved something by erecting a dilapidating structure. Look at the edges of that so-called Bridge, just look at the cow-dung bitumen, there is intolerable pedestrian sidewalk, there is no railing for balancing, the entire thing looks very unprofessional. I doubt if these bigots have traveled outside their mud denominated communities before contesting for Governorship. This is simply an Amala Bridge.
lwkm! Amala brigde? *falls from chair*

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

You may not know this slimeball here but believe his deceptive utterance at your own peril. He is another insecure twit always on SW issues negatively 24/7. Look below at his earlier rant of Westerners having "deep-rooted" jealousy for the "perfectionists" from the ND. Is it not obvious this is another fool suffering from inferiority complex?

Can anyone, after reading the ugly, prejudiced comment below think this chap capable of being objective about any SW project when he simplistically thinks South Westerners are jealous of "perfectionist" Niger Delta? He is nothing but an insecure clown. Who is in competition with the idiot and why is he, and others like him, always quick to knock anything positive in the SW only to then talk of Akwa Ibom and deliver pictures no one asked for?

I know his type very well. I'm just trying to sponsor his perception, so he'll show to us at the end that "mere looking" and arm-chair "theorizing" is not enough.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 5:30pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
Get your facts right please.

I called now to my friend in government, the price is 2.2billion naira, so it is below par as i said, the work done there is less than a billion naira job.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 5:31pm On May 29, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: The People of Oyo State deserve an excellent bridge, not this Eye-Sore. That State receives billions of Naira from Federal Government every 4 weeks and generate other revenues internally. Where is the fucking money going to ?

2.2 billion naira bridge deserve more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 5:32pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

I called now to my friend in government, the price is 2.2billion naira, so it is below par as i said, the work done there is less than a billion naira job.
And how would you know that the work done is less than the aforementioned amount? Or Do you work in the construction sector?
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 5:35pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
And how would you know that the work done is less than the aforementioned amount?

Commend the governor, but don't celebrate mediocrity, the money belong to the people and not the governor. LooK on page 1 you will see a standard bridge sample.

I'm a qualified accountant and i can give you the cost analysis of similar project, just put politics aside our government can only fool those that lack exposure .
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 5:35pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: The People of Oyo State deserve an excellent bridge, not this Eye-Sore. That State receives billions of Naira from Federal Government every 4 weeks and generate other revenues internally. Where is the fucking money going to ?

You really have no shame. You now want to pretend to care about Oyo folks who are part of the Westerners you claim have a "deep rooted jealousy" for the "perfectionist" from the ND? Guy, I think it is amply clear you are another person suffering from inferiority complex and delusions of grandeur. Why don't you go and start a thread about the "perfectionist" projects in your ND instead of disturbing folks here with your insecurity-led d1ck comparison?

6 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 5:35pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
And how would you know that the work done is less than the aforementioned amount? Or Do you work in the construction sector?

They are NL politics section contractors and engineers.. I won't take them seriously...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

2.2 billion naira bridge deserve more than that.
Most certainly, the good people of Oyo State, need to reject all forms of mediocrity and second best. They deserve the very best from the Federal Allocations and Revenue Generated from them. That bridge looks shameful, very shameful.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 5:43pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:

Thank you very much. Look, I know a thing or two about built environment and urban planning as a matter of professional interest and I can tell you categorically that the first person to disregard and ignore will be one making broad generalisations about cost, design, scale etc from "looking" alone. I cannot even begin to tell you the level of ignorance involved in doing such.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

You really have no shame. You now want to pretend to care about Oyo folks who are part of the Westerners you claim have a "deep rooted jealousy" for the "perfectionist" from the ND? Guy, I think it is amply clear you are another person suffering from inferiority complex and delusions of grandeur. Why don't you go and start a thread about the "perfectionist" projects in your ND instead of disturbing folks here with your insecurity-led d1ck comparison?
Chill out bro, dont always take things personal. You are old enough to father most Nairalanders, so you need to always focus on thread and keep your sentiments out of the equation. You, my friend, need more education on behaviorism, Mannerism and Truthology. That bridge is NOT good enough for the Tax Payers of Oyo State. That, my friend, is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you very much. Look, I know a thing or two about built environment and urban planning as a matter of professional interest and I can tell you categorically that the first person to disregard and ignore will be one making broad generalisations about cost, design, scale etc from "looking" alone. I cannot even begin to tell you the level of ignorance involved in doing such.

Let me tell you one shameful thing about Nigeria contractor and contract, the project completion date. This bridge was suppose to be open in January, but opened today May 2013. Kindly calculate cost of labour per day and alther expenses, there is no contract variation during the execution, all the additional cost would be bear by the people of Oyo state and at the end of the day after proper audit, the contract value would be more than 3 billion. This is intentional fraud between government and contractor.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 5:51pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

Commend the governor, but don't celebrate mediocrity, the money belong to the people and not the governor. LooK on page 1 you will see a standard bridge sample.

I'm a qualified accountant and i can give you the cost analysis of similar project, just put politics aside our government can only fool those that lack exposure .

Again, show me a sign of mediocrity backed with valid facts. Tell us how the beams and decks did not conform with standard, the piers, the abutments, tell us the standard. FYI, I'm also an Accountant in the said sector, so no need for d*** measuring please.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by madamoringo(f): 5:51pm On May 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is this bridge different from the Molete bridge? My bad then. My second comment still stands. it's commendable.

I choose to be gracious this time by letting it slide but you are still a tribalist! angry angry angry
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 29, 2013
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Scharck(m): 5:58pm On May 29, 2013
Brimmie: Aji Sebi Oyo Laari.. Oyo O Se Bi Baba Anybody!!

South-West O Ni Baje Ooo!!

Keep deceiving yourself. Oyo state isn't the first to construct a flyover

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 6:00pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Chill out bro, dont always take things personal. You are old enough to father most Nairaland, so you need to always focus on thread and keep your sentiments out of the equation. You, my friend, need more education on behaviorism, Mannerism and Truthology. That bridge is NOT good enough for the Tax Payers of Oyo State. That, my friend, is the truth.

I don't take anything personal. I just can't stand bigots and ethnic jingoist like you same as I have no time being polite to a white supremacists. You are only into empty mischief and you cannot help yourself. You have no honour and are a shallow liar to boot.

Exposed here for the prejudiced garbage you wrote, enough to make any "Westerner" angry, you try to make out the issue is with others instead of apologizing for your prejudiced outlook or shutting up. Dude, you are the one who needs a lesson in manners because you seem to think you can insult others and gain no reprimand.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoAtlantic: 6:02pm On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

Na tribalism dey talk so excuse his sorrow. You need to understand what they are going through, begging for common river bridge for over 30 years and still nothing is very painful and traumatic for them..

I was just checking Nigeria's satellite image while surfing the net two weeks ago, I realized this niger bridge ain't up to 1.5km. Ain't that shameful if two regions can't construct a 1.5km(approx.) bridge without the help of the FG, considering its economic importance to their states and regions at large, and here they are ranting. It's actually a good thing, everybody is concerned about SW(the country's power house) where they all get a better life and good living.

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:

Again, show me a sign of mediocrity backed with valid facts. Tell us how the beams and decks did not conform with standard, the piers, the abutments, tell us the standard. FYI, I'm also an Accountant in the said sector, so no need for d*** measuring please.

Is that bridge open to heavy lorry also, check page 1 as i told you, i'm not against this project, i made it in Ibadan and Ibadan is my home but I can't just because of that not to say my opinion.
Government need critics and i'm not a critics, i'm given my opinion and my opinion is not paramount.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 29, 2013
All this noise for one small flyover? Na wa o.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 6:10pm On May 29, 2013
J12: All this noise for one small flyover? Na wa o.

With the kind of comment bellow, no reason to take a villager like you seriously.

J12: If it was Fashola who did this, his sycophants and gonzo supporters would fill the thread with praise singing. I know that Orji is a bad governor but right here, he did something worthy of commendation and should be duly commended for showing an important leadership quality.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 6:11pm On May 29, 2013
J12: All this noise for one small flyover? Na wa o.

There is no noise at all. OP merely provided his own pictures for other Nairalanders to see regarding a completed project in Oyo State. Those who turned this into "noise" are the charlatans concerned with childish d1ck comparison with no thoughts for engineering/architectural considerations affecting design, scale and size of projects.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

Is that bridge open to heavy lorry also, check page 1 as i told you, i'm not against this project, i made it in Ibadan and Ibadan is my home but I can't just because of that not to say my opinion.
Government need critics and i'm not a critics, i'm given my opinion and my opinion is not paramount.
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. My own be say, make you judge a book by the cover. And about the heavy duty vehicles using the flyover, time will tell or maybe a trial will convince you.

To me, (my humble opinion and as a "bushman"wink, the bridge is ok. Datzall...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoAtlantic: 6:19pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

I also first thought it was inferiority complex but I realized it's not. You don't expect an immigrant to overlook what's going on in his/her away home hosting him/her. They all live in SW states, more are still immigrating on minute bases and others in their villages are willing to migrate someday. For this, I think they should be given the opportunity to express their concerns for the betterment of SW.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 6:20pm On May 29, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

I also first thought it was inferiority complex but I realized it's not. You don't expect an immigrant to overlook what's going on in his/her away home hosting him/her. They all live in SW states, more are still immigrating on minute bases and others in their villages are willing to migrate someday. For this, I think they should be given the opportunity to express their concerns for the betterment of SW.

WORD!!!
GBAM...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 6:21pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

There is no noise at all. OP merely provided his own pictures for other Nairalanders to see regarding a completed project in Oyo State. Those who turned this into "noise" are the charlatans concerned with childish d1ck comparison with no thoughts for engineering/architectural considerations affecting design, scale and size of projects.

The person you quoted and responded to is one of them and he spewed even worse in his other posts on NL.

Na small bridge, but his entire region don't even know how to build hen cage talk less bridge. 30 and still begging for a common river bridge...

Talk about suffer head...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 6:25pm On May 29, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

I was just checking Nigeria's satellite image while surfing the net two weeks ago, I realized this niger bridge ain't up to 1.5km. Ain't that shameful if two regions can't construct a 1.5km(approx.) bridge without the help of the FG, considering its economic importance to their states and regions at large, and here they are ranting. It's actually a good thing, everybody is concerned about SW(the country's power house) where they all get a better life and good living.

A million Gbosaa for this post...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. My own be say, make you judge a book by the cover. And about the heavy duty vehicles using the flyover, time will tell or maybe a trial will convince you.

To me, (my humble opinion and as a "bushman"wink, the bridge is ok. Datzall...

I don't mean to call you bushman as you implied, but sincerely we are in it together we need to challenge government and that is my point, in some part of the world, this bridge is impeachable offense. I need to stop here today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Sings With Keke Napep Riders In Imo State. Photos / APC Disqualifies Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' From Seeking Governorship Election / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 15th June 2023 Live Court Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.