Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) (29255 Views)

Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. / Pictures Of The Newly Constructed Benin-ore-shagamu Road / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by eaglechild: 3:25pm On May 29, 2013
Is it a pedestrian bridge?
It's narrow.
Nice paint job though.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoAtlantic: 3:29pm On May 29, 2013
eaglechild: Is it a pedestrian bridge?
It's narrow.
Nice paint job though.

Yeah, looks narrow. I assume it's not a dual carriage bridge.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 29, 2013
Old and haggard city as always. Just observe the tired buildings and brown roofs in the background.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:31pm On May 29, 2013
Is it just me or did any other person notice that the quality of the bridge appears to be poor and seems like something that could collapse in no distant time. Can the bridge be compared to this one in Akwa Ibom state?

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by LabourParty(m): 3:32pm On May 29, 2013
Ikeja, anyone? grin grin grin
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 29, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Yeah, looks narrow. I assume it's not a dual carriage bridge.

That's because the the available space for expansion was too small, and I guess he didn't want to destroy too many things along its path.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 29, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

As if anyone was expecting anything different from a poor church rat from one thick village in the east. You have an option of overlooking the thread rather than spewing trash on it.
Stop insulting, You Westerners have deep-rooted jealousy for perfectionists from the Niger Delta. That bridge is an eyesore, if you want to see bridges, google Akwa Ibom State.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 3:46pm On May 29, 2013
This is laudable. Ibadan is changing in recent times. No more dirt, new infrastructures such as this in place, organized traffic flow etc.
Thumbs up to the present administration...

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Blazinraj01(f): 3:47pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: That bridge looks too cheap and unprofessional. The contractor did a bad job and I am sure, billions of dollars has been spent on that. But I must commend them for not putting a toll-gate on the bridge, yet.

Ohhh, it should have been made of Gold abi? If you have seen the bridge, I am sure you wouldn't have muttered this crap. Unless you are a certified civil Engineer, don't talk trash about this project.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by redcliff: 3:48pm On May 29, 2013
[size=14pt]oh finally, they got done with this place..Whenever boiz dey pass there then, you gats double proof yaself with nylon and if u no get A/c for ur car na to wind up or else dust go finish you before you comot for the road finish. The houses there used to look deserted because of the dust that ebveloped them when it was still under construction and this was in 2011. If they just got done with it, i would say they are pretty slow.[/size]
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Stop insulting, You Westerners have deep-rooted jealousy for perfectionists from the Niger Delta. That bridge is an eyesore, if you want to see bridges, google Akwa Ibom State.
Must you people always bring tribalism and ethnicity to everything?
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 29, 2013
grin
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by NoContract(m): 3:54pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: That bridge looks too cheap and unprofessional. The contractor did a bad job and I am sure, billions of dollars has been spent on that. But I must commend them for not putting a toll-gate on the bridge, yet.

Billionaire, the only fearless rabid dog on Nairaland.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 29, 2013
Blazinraj01:

Ohhh, it should have been made of Gold abi? If you have seen the bridge, I am sure you wouldn't have muttered this crap. Unless you are a certified civil Engineer, don't talk trash about this project.

Dont be biased. That bridge is not worth putting up. Its ugly, I do not care where its situated.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by debedebe(m): 3:54pm On May 29, 2013
Gud development
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by chiborado: 3:57pm On May 29, 2013
Well Done Gov Ajumobi, may God help U to continue the good works. Remain blessed.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoAtlantic: 4:00pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Stop insulting, You Westerners have deep-rooted jealousy for perfectionists from the Niger Delta. That bridge is an eyesore, if you want to see bridges, google Akwa Ibom State.

@ bold, it's obvious it's the other way round because the first comparism came from one of you. Which you hardly see post(s) from SWners bad-mouthing projects from the region you've mentioned like you did on the first page of the topic. I challenge you to give references if there is any where westerners have done what you guys are good at. Even those appointed as mods among you guys can't resist it, wonder why a mod(afam) was ignorantly telling us how dirty the bridge was some years back before he got an intelligent reply making him look stu-pid, it's in your blood I understand.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by IleIfe2(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2013
Afam4eva: I remember how dirty and unkempt that bridge was a few years back. I'll have to commend the governor on this.

maybe you are referring to the one at Iwo road on your way to Lagos.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by IleIfe2(m): 4:02pm On May 29, 2013
DrummaBoy: Well, the much publicized newly constructed Mokola (Ibadan, Oyo state) bridge is billed for opening today.

This NL took time off to takes photo shots of the new bridge prior to its commissioning

Ajumose gbo gbo wa ni O

Oyo oni baje O... Ibadan oni to shi O

It's going to be a One way, right?

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1129758_Photo0163_jpgf4d23ff006210c615330f72287a739a8[/img]

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by anonimi: 4:02pm On May 29, 2013

Why you dey look for trouble on Democracy Day like this.
We suppose dey gbaladun jejely with amala and abula sponsored by Eko Ile from his share of the toll gates on Lagos state roads & bridges. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by anonimi: 4:04pm On May 29, 2013
Ile-Ife:

It's going to be a One way, right?

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1129758_Photo0163_jpgf4d23ff006210c615330f72287a739a8[/img]

Why are you forcing me to say something on this our ogbonge very narrow bridge now?
I refuse to be tempted on this auspicious day lipsrsealed cool cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoAtlantic: 4:09pm On May 29, 2013
anonimi:

Why are you forcing me to say something on this our ogbonge very narrow bridge now?

It's a democracy day mehn, you've got the space to display how demo-crazy you are. Ride on mehn it's a free world cheesy
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Blazinraj01(f): 4:17pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire:

Dont be biased. That bridge is not worth putting up. Its ugly, I do not care where its situated.

I am not being biased. I witnessed the construction of this bridge for a while and I knew the kind of work the Asian company that constructed it did. Dunno the accurate thickness for a road in terms of inches but I actually saw what they tarred it twice. Its a bridge built to simply ease traffic and also, there is no adequate room for expansion..

And for the record, it was tarred with bitumen.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 29, 2013
Looking at the bridge, doesnt look like is tarred with Bitumen, looks like charcoal mixed with cow-dung. The Governor of that State may not have traveled out of his State since the invention of Amala.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Looking at the bridge, doesnt look like is tarred with Bitumen, looks like charcoal mixed with cow-dung. The Governor of that State may not have traveled out of his State since the invention of Amala.

Kindly tell us what state you're from!
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by shoody: 4:22pm On May 29, 2013
Yeah dats leadership from home.Can anybody confirm if Jang has rebuilt the burnt Terminus market in Jos abi no be project be dat before aspiring to lead governors forum.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Looking at the bridge, doesnt look like is tarred with Bitumen, looks like charcoal mixed with cow-dung. The Governor of that State may not have traveled out of his State since the invention of Amala.
You made that statement to pull legs. Please you are from which state?
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Burger01(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2013
@OP, Update please. It must have been commissioned by this time.

Thanks.

sad
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 4:25pm On May 29, 2013
anonimi:

It really is difficult having to come here to note semi-illiterate characters like you and that buffoon-like yahoo-yahoo fraudster who calls himself Billyonaire, time and time again, disturbing the peace of others here with your spiteful antics.

Do you two simpletons think bridges, or any constructed structure in a built environment for that matter, can simplistically be compared for looks alone and without consideration for other determinant factors that has affected scale, size and design?

You two low-IQ irritants better ask for information from Nairalanders employed in construction, perhaps specifically related to urban planning and development, instead of displaying your scant knowledge and idiocy this appallingly. There are bridges and even tunnels in the UK, London specifically, narrower than this. For example, the A13 bridge, over the Ripple road corner, is narrower than this. The Rotherhithe tunnel is also more narrow than this bridge. Go and understand the concept of functionality limiting physical design and stop disturbing us here with your petty hatred and jealousy.

7 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: grin
are you a billionaire or about to become one?
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 29, 2013
django1:

Kindly tell us what state you're from!
If that bridge was built in my State, I will call a protest to dismantle it. But this is NOT about Origin Bias Syndrome. This is calling a spade, a spade. That Bridge is like one-lane, no cross-bar, one-way traffic, tarred with charcoal mixed with some advanced cow dung. We all know that it is a shady job done by an inexperienced bunch of laborers. It is NOT worth being seen, its highly shameful.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2013
Gbawe:

It really is difficult having to come here to note semi-illiterate characters like you and that buffoon-like yahoo-yahoo fraudster who calls himself Billyonaire, time and time again, disturbing the peace of others here with your spiteful antics.

Do you two simpletons think bridges, or any constructed structure in a built environment for that matter, can simplistically be compared without consideration for other determinant factors that has affected scale, size and design?

You two low-IQ irritants better ask for information from Nairalanders employed in construction, perhaps specifically related to urban planning and development, instead of displaying your scant knowledge and idiocy this appallingly. There are bridges and even tunnels in the UK, London specifically, narrower than this. For example, the A13 bridge, over the Ripple road corner, is narrower than this. The Rotherhithe tunnel is also more narrow than this brisge. Go and understand the concept of functionality limiting physical design and stop disturbing us here with your petty hatred and jealousy.
Word!!!
Wagbayi...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

8 Persons Travelling For Abubakar Sodangi's Daughter’s Wedding Die In Accident / Criminal Charges Against Bishop Ogunyemi Over Remarks Against El-Rufai / Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.