Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? (11240 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / What Would You Do If A Lady Hits You In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

pray and how does this help the situation?

Unless you want to live a cat and mouse marriage, this is a most unreasonable attitude.

That is ONLY my opinion, It may work, it may NOT work, It's left to be seen.  No one dreams or wishes to be in an abusive relationship, but shit happens.  Who knows, maybe caught in such a situation I may not even know what to do. But as it stands now, I would rather fight back Who knows maybe he will see I am NOT an easy pushover and rethink before lifting his hands,

@StephenP
DOn't fool yourself dread, Men are great pretenders.  During the courtship they can be angels, as soon as they place that ring on your finger then it's a whole different ball game.  The truth is, one can never tell.  While there may be some warning signs, most times there arent.  It's a risk some of us ladies are not willing to take,
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by StephenP(m): 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2008
Cadet:

Beat a man that's twice your size?
Ever heard of this yoruba phrase, "Abara kekere fun abara nl"? meaning, big slap for small slap. A man's hand is usually twice the size of his woman and firmer. When that man hits that woman back gan, she go think thunder hit her

A knife gets the job done. lipsrsealed

[size=13pt]That's why I said if you can, do it and if you can't, don't. Some women are bigger than their husbands yet they (the women) let their men beat them.[/size]
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

@StephenP
DOn't fool yourself dread, Men are great pretenders. During the courtship they can be angels, as soon as they place that ring on your finger then it's a whole different ball game. The truth is, one can never tell. While there may be some warning signs, most times there arent. It's a risk some of us ladies are not willing to take,

True talk there. Just need to stay with him long enough to really know him
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2008
StephenP:

[size=13pt]That's why I said if you can, do it and if you can't, don't. Some women are bigger than their husbands yet they (the women) let their men beat them.[/size]

Yea, but a man that's willing to marry a woman twice his size, ezp. when she's aggressive, I dupe my hat for him
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2008
Cadet:

So what's your solution? that she should let him continue slapping her? Lay low? Talk to a heedless man?

Read my post again, there is a caveat there that indicates the woman should take drastic action if the man is a chronic abuser.

~Antidote~:

[/b]

That is ONLY my opinion, It may work, it may NOT work, It's left to be seen.  No one dreams or wishes to be in an abusive relationship, but shit happens.  Who knows, maybe caught in such a situation I may not even know what to do. But as it stands now, I would rather fight back Who knows maybe he will see I am NOT an easy pushover and rethink before lifting his hands,

Bull. Try showing a 6ft 3in 220lb guy that you're not a pushover.

~Antidote~:

@StephenP
DOn't fool yourself dread, Men are great pretenders.  During the courtship they can be angels, as soon as they place that ring on your finger then it's a whole different ball game.  The truth is, one can never tell.  While there may be some warning signs, most times there arent.  It's a risk some of us ladies are not willing to take,

Ditto for women. I'm tired of all this "men this men that . . ."
Women pretend the most. They are all nice and cuddly while dating, soon as they become installed as wives the headaches, tiredness, nagging, snapped replies, bitchy claws come into the equation.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

Read my post again, there is a caveat there that indicates the woman should take drastic action if the man is a chronic abuser.
Ok oh. But still dnt get it
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by StephenP(m): 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

Women pretend the most. They are all nice and cuddly while dating, soon as they become installed as wives the headaches, tiredness, nagging, snapped replies, bitchy claws come into the equation.
[size=13pt]True.[/size]
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by LadyT(f): 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2008
StephenP:

LOL chunky wives allowing themselves to get beat!!! ROTFLMAO
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

eh en! really! David, of course that's what you men will say.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

Bull. Try showing a 6ft 3in 220lb guy that you're not a pushover.

I am NOT even going to waste my time going down that road with you, Saying women pretend the most, is like saying ALL Nigerians do fraud.  In other words, Men pretend and Women pretend as well. There are NO winners where this is concerned.

And what is so wrong about a 5ft 4in woman standing up to a 6ft 3in man?  Yea, he may beat the crap out of her, but the fact that she showed him she's no coward would stir something inside of him.

AS I earlier said, I do NOT condone physical, verbal or psychological abuse in anyway, However, I won't just dump my husband on the first sign of trouble, I would try to work things out and if it persists, then I take other steps,
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

I am NOT even going to waste my time going down that road with you, Saying women pretend the most, is like saying ALL Nigerians do fraud. In other words, Men pretend and Women pretend as well. There are NO winners where this is concerned.

finito. Enough of blaming men for global warming.

~Antidote~:

And what is so wrong about a 5ft 4in woman standing up to a 6ft 3in man? Yea, he may beat the crap out of her, but the fact that she showed him she's no coward would stir something inside of him.

It is just so wrong on too many levels. Being a bully and trying to slap your husband is not a mature way of showing you're not a coward . . . infact it merely cements the fact that you're a kid in adult skin.

~Antidote~:

AS I earlier said, I do NOT condone physical, verbal or psychological abuse in anyway, However, I won't just dump my husband on the first sign of trouble, I would try to work things out and if it persists, then I take other steps,

Dont lets beat around the bush, the above is bull. you're a very abusive person so stop pretending with all these theory.

My point on topic, you're husband may hit you by mistake . . . let him know its wrong, make him appologize and make it up to you . . . then bury the hatchet and move on as a family.
If he's a chronic abuser then he needs help, get out of his house before he kills you.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by StephenP(m): 11:10pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

I am NOT even going to waste my time going down that road with you, Saying women pretend the most, is like saying ALL Nigerians do fraud. In other words, Men pretend and Women pretend as well. There are NO winners where this is concerned.

And what is so wrong about a 5ft 4in woman standing up to a 6ft 3in man? Yea, he may beat the crap out of her, but the fact that she showed him she's no coward would stir something inside of him.

[size=13pt]Huh? You just said all men are pretenders, and now that he said women pretend, you say he's being stereotypical.[/size]
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 11:13pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

finito. Enough of blaming men for global warming.

It is just so wrong on too many levels. Being a bully and trying to slap your husband is not a mature way of showing you're not a coward . . . infact it merely cements the fact that you're a kid in adult skin.

[b]Dont lets beat around the bush, the above is bull. you're a very abusive person so stop pretending with all these theory.[/b]My point on topic, you're husband may hit you by mistake . . . let him know its wrong, make him appologize and make it up to you . . . then bury the hatchet and move on as a family.
If he's a chronic abuser then he needs help, get out of his house before he kills you.

LOL, Do we know each other? NO honestly, I mean, scrap NL( the internet), YOu are entitled to say whatever makes your balls get hard dread, It doesnt really bother me,

I am an abusive person, just like you are an instigator of e-beefs, Settled?

And how can you repeat what I already have?  Didn't I say I won't just walk away but tr meary instead to work things out and if that doesnt work then other measures will be taken?

Maybe if you take time out to read other peoples' posts before jumping on their behinds( for silly reasons) then most of the beefs you get engaged in would be a thing of the past, Don't come looking for my trouble, I am really NOT in the mood,
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by LadyT(f): 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2008
Abeg 4him and Antidote hush.  We all know if we put you in a dark room naked the screaming that would be heard wont be from the type of beating we are talking about here  wink

Sidenote I have meet some women who DESERVED a good slap.  Its not always as clear cut as that.  

Men can be monsters but girls we arent too far behind!
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 11:15pm On Apr 29, 2008
StephenP:

[size=13pt]Huh? You just said all men are pretenders, and now that he said women pretend, you say he's being stereotypical.[/size]

Can you show me where I stated such??PLEASE,
Look here, don't EVER lie on me, If you have a problem with my OPINION( NOT Scriptual) then attack that, but don't go around posting shit about me without getting your facts straight,
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2008
some people think they are a little more than a speck in webdust.

Back to topic pls.

LadyT:

Men can be monsters but girls we arent too far behind!

thank you o jare. Men this men that . . . every minute.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 11:17pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

Look here, don't EVER lie on me, If you have a problem with my OPINION( NOT Scriptual) then attack that, but don't go around posting shit about me without getting your facts straight,

give us all a break hypocrite. You do this all the time dont you?
Need me to give u just one or two reminders? grin
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by bawomolo(m): 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2008
given nigerian culture, all that needs to be done is to beg one of the in-laws to bring the woman back. shh there are many cases of nigerian women who are abused for decades but refuse to file for divorce due to cultural or religious reasons. most women would stick it out all in the name of "love". this includes the independent women of nairaland.

whatup islander, i'm still waiting for my fish dinner grin
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2008
David, na wa o. C'mon!

@post
Men are liars and cheaters, women are liars and cheaters. Now back to topic
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

give us all a break hypocrite. You do this all the time don't you?
Need me to give u just one or two reminders? grin

Maybe you cannot find any Muslims to bash in Religion so you came seeking my attention?

LOL, You, more than any other  NLder knows I won't back down,
Hypocrite? LOL, David you need a drink, I never knew what that word truly meant until i accidentally bumped into you,

Now if my memory serves me well, I think I did ask you some time ago to desist from coming in contact with me, I know you love looking for trouble go crying foul, You know I don't care,

@topic
Lady T, I am very peculiar with whom I take to the "dark " room,
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2008
bawomolo:

given nigerian culture, all that needs to be done is to beg one of the in-laws to bring the woman back. shh there are many cases of nigerian women who are abused for decades but refuse to file for divorce due to cultural or religious reasons. most women would stick it out all in the name of "love". this includes the independent women of nairaland.

Most women in Nigeria do it because their culture and background entitle them to stay in their husband's house. Back hen and now, leaving your husband's house was considered a taboo or shame!
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2008
bawomolo:

LOL, I am still making it o, Soon come my dear, cheesy cheesy( buzz me later, am doing my thang)
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by StephenP(m): 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

[size=13pt]Whoa, my bad. You said MEN are pretenders. Same difference. By the way, you need to calm down, we are exchanging ideas not insults.[/size]
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2008
swatting the ever buzzing gnat that likes to pretend its an elephant. If it didnt care why is it replying?

bawomolo:

there are many cases of nigerian women who are abused for decades but refuse to file for divorce due to cultural or religious reasons. most women would stick it out all in the name of "love". this includes the independent women of nairaland.

Very true. Culture plays a very significant role here . . . we are from a culture where its almost a given that men are allowed to be a little abusive. There are even women who will tell you they prefer to marry a man who can "handle" them (read that to mean manhandle).

Will such women be willing to admit spousal abuse?
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by LadyT(f): 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2008
Stephen don't please. Leave it  kiss

I just realised who Antidote was.  Her and 4Him have a long history

I just hope we don't turn this into a Islander and 4Him WWpart 78! angry
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2008
LadyT:

I just hope we don't try this into a Islander and 4Him WWpart 78!

nah, 4 Him is a new man . . . i've got better things to do than scuffle with intellectual dwarfs who think shouting is synonymous with debating.

Back to topic pls.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 11:29pm On Apr 29, 2008
StephenP:

[size=13pt]Whoa, my bad. You said MEN are pretenders. Same difference. By the way, you need to calm down, we are exchanging ideas not insults.[/size]

NO it's not( well to me), apology accepted,

And yes we were exchanging Ideas( NO insults) until Nairaland Mr.Put-to-right, came on, Don't know when some people would learn that the world doesn't revolve around them, and that sometimes people just cannot be bothered with their half-baked opinion,

@topic
Bawomola,
You made a very valid point, Culture can also play a decisive role in these types of situations,
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

And yes we were exchanging Ideas( NO insults) until Nairaland Mr.Put-to-right, came on, Don't know when some people would learn that the world doesn't revolve around them, and that sometimes people just cannot be bothered with their half-baked opinion,

madam dont bother replying if you're so not bothered. its not rocket science. Allow people with brains to contribute pls.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by StephenP(m): 11:31pm On Apr 29, 2008
LadyT:

[size=13pt]Don't worry. It didn't really phase me. I just wonder why people unnecessarily "flare" up here. It's so unhealthy and totally not worth it. [/size]
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 11:31pm On Apr 29, 2008
LadyT:

I just hope we don't turn this into a Islander and 4Him WWpart 78! angry

Excuse me, but did I come looking  for gorilla's attention?

No one throws stones at me and gets flowers in return, wink

LOL, This dwarf will continue to cause many sleepless nights, so get used to it goats,
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 11:31pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

nah, 4 Him is a new man . . . i've got better things to do than scuffle with intellectual dwarfs who think shouting is synonymous with debating.

Back to topic please.

When you're ready to really get back to topic, plz reply the topic. New man, David?

@post
What is your problem again? I kinda forgot grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Public Displays Of Affection? / Can I Sleep On The Same Bed With My Wife's Sister? / She Wants To Kill Me**pics**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.