Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows (27498 Views)

Husband Forced To Marry Wife’s Corpse In Ebonyi / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom / Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
grin grin I hail
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
Pritheeann: Nope i dnt believe you..cos they try such rubbish with ma mum...Am frm akwaibom
Whether you believe me or not is not important, I just stated a well known fact. I don't care whether you believe it or not.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Akeud(m): 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
Princessaleeza: How wuld sm1 drink dead body water.
You don't need to ask if this can be true; it is a true fact as long as tradition is concerned. But thanks be to God for the deliverance.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
ngozievergreen:

tot u liked all african customs, over to you

maybe they should only take a small sample of the water, boil it and then drink a drop from a testube. my 2 cents. tongue
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by GENTLETEE(m): 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Good one. Kudos to Akpabio and his men!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by hisswagness: 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
50calibre:

Hahaha! Then you better not marry from akwa Ibom, because you would be cut down to size. The shaving is not even done with clipper, but razor blade and that is just one in a long line of other rituals to be performed on you, one of which is passing a night with the corpse.
Ikpa,afo ado ata unam...shey u'v witnessed it b4? Useme grin[quote author=50calibre]

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Chregor(m): 7:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
@ ofonagoro, thunder strike u alround; ur thread speaks how Sordid & irritating u're.
In my life sojourn in the state, I'm yet to hear of such awful,ugly treatment to include drinking of whatever u've framed up and shaving of hair; these two is alien to Akwa ibom state. A state boasts of woman as deputy governor, head of civil service; 3 or more heads of local government, councillors, judiciary and so on.
I only know of confiscation of properties in some families, which we thought was discriminating, traumatic and unlawful,thus, the need to strike it out.
So Mr. Op or whatever u answers, u've got to cite an example of hordes of widows who confirmed this.
Nkpodia mben inua amo !
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Akeud(m): 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Nyin ima iwot ndito eka nyin ima, nyin ben mmong okpo ömö inö nwan ibo oñwöñö. Abasi aneke akan utö mkpö ado.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by pendo89(f): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by oladapo83: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
In a long while, ds is a great development. Thumbs up Akwa Ibom state
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by oceania100(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
rooftech: this is igbo culture not akwa ibom
. What's your point here.You seem to be ignorant of the fact that these groups borrow cultures from each other. If it happen in any part of Igbo at all, then it is borrowed from AKS.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Yenex(f): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
Akeud: Nyin ima iwot ndito eka nyin ima, nyin ben mmong okpo ömö inö nwan ibo oñwöñö. Abasi aneke akan utö mkpö ado.
Case33:

Nso ke aboro unam ikod op? Ete mmi akekpaha nsikinam owo ikidi'yette enye idem Mma Eben mmong ado Eno Eka mmi awong? Mbok to mkpo m ibaha k'idung nnyin mbok! Akwa Ibom State ayaiya

Sorry I lost my capabilities to communicate in English when I saw this lie!
Akeud: Nyin ima iwot ndito eka nyin ima, nyin ben mmong okpo ömö inö nwan ibo oñwöñö. Abasi aneke akan utö mkpö ado.
ayaiya mbok.i was forced a ask my mum about this and she said no i even asked ma dad elder sister and she said no 2.maybe this babaric culture is practised Bro Goddy's family
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Abagworo(m): 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
oceania100: . What's your point here.You seem to be ignorant of the fact that these groups borrow cultures from each other. If it happen in any part of Igbo at all, then it is borrowed from AKS.

For me not to have heard of this culture, then it never existed. I have a feeling it is a method employed by some relatives to get at there brother's wife. The culture of shaving and wearing black was introduced by Christians. At a stage it was changed to growing hairs and the men not shaving for one year. It was never an African culture.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by ocelot2006(m): 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
Chregor: @ ofonagoro, thunder strike u alround; ur thread speaks how Sordid & irritating u're.
In my life sojourn in the state, I'm yet to hear of such awful,ugly treatment to include drinking of whatever u've framed up and shaving of hair; these two is alien to Akwa ibom state. A state boasts of woman as deputy governor, head of civil service; 3 or more heads of local government, councillors, judiciary and so on.
I only know of confiscation of properties in some families, which we thought was discriminating, traumatic and unlawful,thus, the need to strike it out.
So Mr. Op or whatever u answers, u've got to cite an example of hordes of widows who confirmed this.
Nkpodia mben inua amo !

My brother, I weak oh. Even the so called property confiscations are EXTREMELY RARE. HELL, I've never even seen any.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by EPOMA(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2013

People here still dont come to understand that Godswill Akpabio has pocket the press called vangaurd in Nigeria , so they will always write any crap for people to read. Was this ever a law in akwa ibom, hail no. The pressing needs of the state they don't visit
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Afritop(m): 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
AS FOR THE YORUBA LADIES WHO ARE BEFRIENDING THEIR IGBO DADDIES AND CALL THEM THEIR SUGAR IN THEIR TEA AND THE BUTTER IN THEIR BREAD WILL NOW SEE THAT ALL WILL NOT GO DOWN WELL IF THEY PROCEED MARITALLY!

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by onagoodday1: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2013

really...rubbish
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nicepoker(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
[quote author=190]No wonder that state is so backward![/quote fatherless ram]
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Evablazze(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
are u a fool, Fool..watz written on d post..bug
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by otumfour(m): 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
wtf in satans anu's is that shyt for angry
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Efikman(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ofonagoro :
Widows Will No Longer Drink Bath-water Of Their Dead Husbands In A/ibom

The custom allowing the seizure of deceased husbands properties and subjecting their widows to inhuman practices such as shaving of the head and making them drink the water used to bath their husbands, among others, have now become illegal in Akwa Ibom State.

The state government, in a bill passed by the House of Assembly and signed by the governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, outlawed the custom which maltreat widows after the deaths of their husbands, declaring it as unlawful and inhuman.

In his Democracy Day speech, the governor declared that it had become unlawful for widows to be maltreated in Akwa Ibom, saying defaulters of the law risk fines and three years imprisonment.

While reacting on the new law, the First Lady of the state, Chief (Mrs) Unoma Ekaette Akpabio, commended the House of Assembly and the governor for the pro-women law, describing the passage of the law as a breakthrough for the womenfolk in the state.

According to her, “I appreciate the state House of Assembly and the state governor for standing with the womenfolk through this law. Akwa Ibom State has, in the last five years, shown itself as pro-masses and pro-women.”

Vanguard
So AkwaIbom also indulges in this barbaric culture embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Efikman(m): 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
strange cultural practice. shocked
PAGAN, you don dey deny your PAGAN PRACTICE abi? cool cool cool
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
I can't believe a lot of people are surprised by this.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
J12:

Hey lady, are you threatening me? Do you know who I am?
seems you like threats grin
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Amtired: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
This is why me love CHRISTIANITY
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
50calibre:

Take a seat! You are woman and as such, speaks like one. I have been to hell and back untouched to now be killed by a COMMON woman, I am invincible and impervious to human attacks, be it spiritual, physical or otherwise.

Again I would reiterate, except you want to be bent over by force or possibly ostracised, steer clear of akwa Ibom. You know women don't listen but when the chips are down, that's when they realise they are just women. Don't say 50calibre didn't tell you.
u make me laugh. grin so let me get this straight.if I marry an akwa ibom man,and he dies.if I refuse to drink water used to wash his corpse and I refuse to let the village chiefs shave my pubic hair,I'll be ostracised?
Ok when I'm done laughing,I might consider giving that nonsense a befitting response
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
Prestonvic:
Hi...
hello
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Youngpo413: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
Rumour
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Dagoma: 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
It has become part of them, they won't stop it cause they are traditionalists.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
@topic: undecided undecided

well it's their culture. **shrugs**

obadiah777: DAYUMMMMM. HAVING SAID THAT THE OUTLAWZ SMOKED TUPACS ASHES IN THEIR BLUNTS SO HE CAN BE WITH THEM FOREVER. TRUE STORY

only some though.
his mother has some still in a case and the rest was scattered in the pacific ocean. smiley
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
Abagworo:

For me not to have heard of this culture, then it never existed. I have a feeling it is a method employed by some relatives to get at there brother's wife. The culture of shaving and wearing black was introduced by Christians. At a stage it was changed to growing hairs and the men not shaving for one year. It was never an African culture.
Efikman: PAGAN, you don dey deny your PAGAN PRACTICE abi? cool cool cool

[size=32pt]OH SHYT! WHAT A FOOL I HAVE BEEN! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

GUYZ! GUYZ! I HAVE BEEN MISTAKEN! THIS IS NOT IGBO CULTURE! THIS IS A CHRISTIAN PRACTICE! PAGAN IGBOS NEVER DID ABOLUTION FOR THEIR DEAD BODIES! THIS IS A JUDAEO-CHRISTIAN CONCEPT![/size]
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Wisdytech(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ofonagoro :
Widows Will No Longer Drink Bath-water Of Their Dead Husbands In A/ibom

The custom allowing the seizure of deceased husbands properties and subjecting their widows to inhuman practices such as shaving of the head and making them drink the water used to bath their husbands, among others, have now become illegal in Akwa Ibom State.

The state government, in a bill passed by the House of Assembly and signed by the governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, outlawed the custom which maltreat widows after the deaths of their husbands, declaring it as unlawful and inhuman.

In his Democracy Day speech, the governor declared that it had become unlawful for widows to be maltreated in Akwa Ibom, saying defaulters of the law risk fines and three years imprisonment.

While reacting on the new law, the First Lady of the state, Chief (Mrs) Unoma Ekaette Akpabio, commended the House of Assembly and the governor for the pro-women law, describing the passage of the law as a breakthrough for the womenfolk in the state.

According to her, “I appreciate the state House of Assembly and the state governor for standing with the womenfolk through this law. Akwa Ibom State has, in the last five years, shown itself as pro-masses and pro-women.”

Vanguard
thank God its eradicated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / How Can I Help My Son Unlearn This / I Am Falling Apart With My Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.