Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows (27520 Views)

Husband Forced To Marry Wife’s Corpse In Ebonyi / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom / Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by prettiest1(f): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
190: No wonder that state is so backward!
Are you an Akwa Ibomite? I don't know which part of the state practiced that but as for the L.G.A where am from, such thing has never occured.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by fittty(m): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
Gross!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by NairaschoolCom: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
Gud
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
RealSleek:

Are you for real?? ....ow is shaving of hair alryt ..its nt only inhumane,it doesn't make any sense......as if it will bring bck d dead....I believe in staying true to once traditions and culture bt everytin barbaric shud be stamped out....
u well atall?

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by ujchief(m): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

its a cultural practice. it has no significant religious givings and is not ordained by Odinani Religion.

Hypocrite!!! You've been canvassing all over nairaland for everyone to embrace their cultural root and religion; to abolish the burrowed cultures and religion of islam and christianity. Now, you've been shown the real religion and culture of the Afrikan and you are shivering and panicking.

Bloody hypocrite!!! Odinani religion my foot!!!

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by jaytime(m): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
In as much as this act is babaric and unacceptable, it is neither a culture, tradition nor common practice in Akwa Ibom or any where. It is just a means through which some wicked family members try to force a widow accused of having hand in her husband's death to swear to proof her innocence.
I see people commenting here as if it is an everyday tradition. It is not a tradition o; call it a wicked act....

3 Likes

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by AbuMikey(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
Jeez!!!! This law was long overdue!!! I just can't Imagine this..WTF
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
So really stuff like this still happens.I kinda thought it was a myth.Nigeria.which way?ha.oya culture upholders what do u people have to say about this one?since we must uphold african culture by all means.
Mtchew.DISGUSTING
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by prettiest1(f): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
50calibre:

It's worse in akwa Ibom. There the village chiefs come together to shave the pubic hairs of a widow.
have you witnessed it yourself and where did it happen?
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by metti(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
tongue tongue
ItsModella:
It is also practiced in Akwa Ibom, I'm sure of that. undecided

@Topic, very good development.

Don't mind him as if that is a culture to be proud of.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
I dare anyone of you numbskull to prove that this practice still exist in Igboland. Such practice never existed in Anambra!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by yyb14: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
bobthebuilder99: [size=18pt]WORSE THAN BOKO HARAM![/size]
i tell you

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
prettiest1:
have you witnessed it yourself and where did it happen?

Sissy,forget. That guy is a very disgusting ffool.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
jaytime: In as much as this act is babaric and unacceptable, it is neither a culture, tradition nor common practice in Akwa Ibom or any where. It is just a means through which some wicked family members try to force a widow accused of having hand in her husband's death to swear to proof her innocence.
I see people commenting here as if it is an everyday tradition. It is not a tradition o; call it a wicked act....

MAY ALL MIGHTY GOD BLESS THEE IN ABUNDANCE!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by tintingz(m): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I said this is a cultural practice. It is not a religious one.

however the practices of the muslims is ordained by their religion!
Those culture are practised by pagans...

Do you now accept that arabs still practise some culture.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by donwilz(m): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
obadiah777: YOU ALSO EAT POO WITHOUT KNOWING IT. LISTEN, THERE IS A FINITE AMOUNT OF 'RESOURCES' IN THE EARTH. ENERGY IS NEVER DESTROYED BUT IT IS TRANSFORMED INTO SOMETHING ELSE. SO ALSO IS EVERYTHING ON EARTH. NOTHING IS WASTED. IT ALL TRANSFORMS. THE POO OF 7 BILLION PEOPLE WHEN FLUSHED IN THE TOILET RETURNS TO THE SEA AND FROM THAT SAME SEA IS WHERE YOUR WATER SUPPLY COMES FROM BUT IT IS TREATED. ALL AM TRYING TO TELL YOU IN A POLITE MANNER, BRAH IS YOU HAVE EATEN MY POO BEFORE BUT YOU JUST DONT KNOW IT grin grin grin grin
You are so damn funny... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
50calibre:

It's worse in akwa Ibom. There the village chiefs come together to shave the pubic hairs of a widow.
are you kidding me? Hell I don't believe that.
Jeez!there's nothing women won't suffer in the name of culture. If someone tried that shyt on me I swear I'm gonna turn to a murderer
God help me

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Wisepriest: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
It is the handiwork of God. This is the new testament of them.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
This is not a tradition in eastern Nigeria but a strategy employed by dubious husband brothers and sisters to punish a widow,who is accused of killing her husband.

I REPEAT,THIS IS NOT AN IGBO TRADITION!

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Kjking(m): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
u've succeeded in saying nothing... Pls have ur fact b4 commenting
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by nenergy(m): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
A step forward from backwardness. What remains now is execution. AkwaIbom ayaya tutu!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by FRANCISEKE1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

this damned israelite fellow na have explanation 4 everytinz grin
old religion still work out.if you kill someone and drink his bath water.within a given period,the dead will revenge.but if ya hands are clean.you will be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by IDnoble1: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
Okaaaaay! that is why they flee to the west to settle and even prefer to die here,the region of peace and lovly cultures :oOkaaaaay! that is why they flee to the west to settle and even prefer to die here,the region of peace and lovly cultures.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by mactoni91(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Sissy,forget. That guy is a very disgusting ffool.
seconded undecided
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: This is not a tradition in eastern Nigeria but a strategy employed by dubious husband brothers and sisters to punish a widow,who is accused of killing her husband.

I REPEAT,THIS IS NOT AN IGBO TRADITION!
ok
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by osaswellington(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
I commend the governor of Akwa Ibom State. With this issue i remember a film by Liz Benson-- YESTERDAY. Good move
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by myself009: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
This is commendable. The only snag is, in nigeria our laws are not enforced. Even this law may suffer the same fate as numerous others that decorate the state's statute books, especially if the violators have powerful political connections. In effect the ignoble practice may continue unabated.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Good move by the government to stop this practice. Shìt like these still happens in Ebonyi state.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by hrykanu231(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
The said water is supposed 2 be infested with bacteria na, considering the deadness of cells. Some culture eh...
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by guddy4real: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
I dnt rilly blame you shal bcoz you ve neva travel out of ur villa before, Akwa Ibom who's one of the best state in nigeria if not number one, you open your m....th and said the state is backward wot an insult from a village champion like you. Jst take a walk dwn there and see tinz urself ur a learner.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by 50calibre(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
lorretta u: are you kidding me? Hell I don't believe that.
Jeez!there's nothing women won't suffer in the name of culture. If someone tried that shyt on me I swear I'm gonna turn to a murderer
God help me

Hahaha! Then you better not marry from akwa Ibom, because you would be cut down to size. The shaving is not even done with clipper, but razor blade and that is just one in a long line of other rituals to be performed on you, one of which is passing a night with the corpse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

6 Mistakes You Make That Makes Your Day Unproductive / Cry From The Grave - Ogo's Story / Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.