Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows (27515 Views)

Husband Forced To Marry Wife’s Corpse In Ebonyi / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom / Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by lahdey16(f): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2013
Dis is gud.I love d role played by akwa ibom 1st lady.she's d next margaret thatcher
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by rasputinn(m): 11:01am On Jun 03, 2013
Bravo
This is cheery news indeed.Though it took so long,it's about time,such wicked and inhuman pracrices got outlawed.I hereby call on all other states in Nigeria to follow suit
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by ayomak: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
I hope the Igbos will learn from this and follow.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by bumtos(m): 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
wickedness.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
Was any widow drinking it in modern Nigeria? I was involved in one burial recently, the widow never drank any fetish water nor did she even adorn the traditional black mourning gown. Next news please!.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Was any widow drinking it in modern Nigeria? I was involved in one burial recently, the widow never drank any fetish water nor did she even adorn the traditional black mourning gown. Next important news please!.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Akwa Ibom ado ok
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Beey(f): 12:41am On Jun 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
ok shaving of head is fine, but drinking deadbody water. . undecided
Ah Ah, which one is fine again?Will hair-cutting bring the dead back?yeye practices in this 21st century.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:42am On Jun 04, 2013
Beey: Ah Ah, which one is fine again?Will hair-cutting bring the dead back?yeye practices in this 21st century.

who told you its done for bringing back the dead? Its a sign of repect and love for the deceased.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:43am On Jun 04, 2013
what do you think we are xtians? who will resurrect dead bodies like zombies (jesus/lazarus,etc.) yeye witchcraft thinz
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Beey(f): 12:47am On Jun 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

who told you its done for bringing back the dead? Its a sign of repect and love for the deceased.
Abeg show respect when people are still alive coz once dead they can't see all the things done for them in the name of love and respect.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by baby124: 12:47am On Jun 04, 2013
I have heard of this practice. It will be better for me to be called killer, and know in my heart that I didn't do anything. Than to drink such water. Depending on if the corpse releases bodily fluids after death, imagine what we are talking about drinking here. I didn't know this practice was done in Akwa Ibom, I thought it was Edo. The thing with Nigeria, is people pass laws. But culturally they are not enforced. Na wa for the women that did this sha. Dem try. If pagan9ja is shocked, you know it is a serious situation. grin
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:49am On Jun 04, 2013
Beey: Abeg show respect when people are still alive coz once dead they can't see all the things done for them in the name of love and respect.

poof what a lame retort. If you want, go tell your children that after your demise, to throw your body in the bin. WE wont do that. Thnx.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Beey(f): 1:22am On Jun 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

poof what a lame retort. If you want, go tell your children that after your demise, to throw your body in the bin. WE wont do that. Thnx.
This is just a discussion and you are already showing emotion.Even a bin would do because a dead body has no feelings,but cremation would be what I choosee.And arer you wishing me dead already?Sounds like it but am a firm believer that the Lord will satisfy me with a long life.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by jaytime(m): 4:29am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva: Can you define what culture and tradition is?
Is that why we are here; to define every word used in the thread? #Smh
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:26am On Jun 04, 2013
Beey: This is just a discussion and you are already showing emotion.Even a bin would do because a dead body has no feelings,but cremation would be what I choosee.And arer you wishing me dead already?Sounds like it but am a firm believer that the Lord will satisfy me with a long life.

are you human or what? talking so lightly of emotion. .

TUFIA! angry

do what you want to do, Ill do what I want to do.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by icool4u(m): 7:53am On Jun 04, 2013
How come i've never witnessed this? I've leaved in this state for 20yrs and this is the first time i'm hearing this. Mkpo aseba ohhh *meaning* smthg dey happen ooh.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Beey(f): 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

TUFIA! angry

Well what did u think Iam?An imagination?Talking of doing what I want,I know what I wouldn't want.I wouldn't be caught dead with a shaved head in the name of respect for yhe deceased.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2013
Beey: Well what did u think Iam?An imagination?Talking of doing what I want,I know what I wouldn't want.I wouldn't be caught dead with a shaved head in the name of respect for yhe deceased.

good for you. now go fck yourself and worship your dead jewish man-god. angry
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
So some women actually did this crap?
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by 419forlife: 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

TUFIA! angry

Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
419forlife:

sheep. u xtians are all goats. follow your (slave)master. u have no brain of your own. you think lyk goats too.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by 419forlife: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
pagan9ja i won u help me merge much tribes
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by 419forlife: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
this what won from u.
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
419forlife: pagan9ja i won u help me merge much tribes

what does that mean?
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by 419forlife: 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

what does that mean?

https://www.nairaland.com/1215040/assister-must-hausa

more meaning
did one person kno why i need assister(hausa)

of course u don kno because did not say it and now i am

the big job is destabilize tribes need pagan9ja help

we gon go make all tribes conglomerate reason why!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by 419forlife: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
sad assister hausa pagan one at best could be u profile
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Beey(f): 12:50am On Jun 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

good for you. now go fck yourself and worship your dead jewish man-god. angry
I can't do it myself idiot.U sound Hot,u can go do it with the dogs in ua area, coz I don't know who else can stand u except them.If u can't argue out a case peacefully,then get the hell out of the discussion & stop trashing the page with sick ideologies.Go out & meet other people & learn a thing or two from them & they just might help cure ua brainwashed head.Otherwise as long as u remain in ua momma's backyard, you will drown in ua own stupidity!Grow a pair if you are a man.Dumbass!!!
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Lovelyboy007: 6:51am On Jun 05, 2013
arrant nonsence, drink corpse bathing water
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
Beey: I can't do it myself idiot.U sound Hot,u can go do it with the dogs in ua area, coz I don't know who else can stand u except them.If u can't argue out a case peacefully,then get the hell out of the discussion & stop trashing the page with sick ideologies.Go out & meet other people & learn a thing or two from them & they just might help cure ua brainwashed head.Otherwise as long as u remain in ua momma's backyard, you will drown in ua own stupidity!Grow a pair if you are a man.Dumbass!!!

blah blah blah ....now F*** OFF! angry
Re: Akwa-Ibom Outlaws Drinking Of Corpse Bath-water By Widows by Beey(f): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

blah blah blah ....now F*** OFF! angry
Really, is that all u can say asshole?I thought you were 'better' than that.Yours is the sound of a coward running with a tail between his legs. Next time be careful not to start what you cannot finish! Try think before hurling insults because u directed this from just a discussion to a platform of exchanging insults.Get a life dummy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

6 Mistakes You Make That Makes Your Day Unproductive / Cry From The Grave - Ogo's Story / Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.