Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,238 members, 7,811,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria (39555 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by cnnamoko(m): 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
After Naija numerous missionary journeys, these outstanding governors are determined to turn things around in Nigeria. or What do you think?
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State (verified)
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State. (verified)
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers (verified)
4. Gov. Rauf of Osun state (verified)
5. Gov. Adams Oshiomole of Edo (verified)
6. Due to popular demand Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo State (they said he should be NO.1) (verified)

16 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by mayorall(m): 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
Gov. Rauf Aregbesola of Osun state.

31 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by badassnigga(m): 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
ogbeni Aregbesola Rauf cool

9 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by cnnamoko(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
yeah i agree too, the man is performing for osun people

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Garrithe1st: 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ok. That's ur opinion..

I agree with only 3 names on your list.

cool cool cool

5 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 11:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
apabio is promising?

A crooked and lawless election rigger is promising?

A bad and corrupt financial manager dishing state money on frivolous nonsense like luxury jeeps for celebrities and sending people to dubai is promising?

A man whose budget is the largest in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it?

A man who is using dummy Tropicana project to loot the state? N75 billion abandoned project?

May God help Nigeria or maybe I should say you already corrupt leaders of tomorow..

75 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Missonas(f): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2013
Nos 2,3 and 5 are verified!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by ujoinme: 11:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Great list, Akpabio is a shinning light amongst the host.
A great project manager thats delivering impactful projects in his state and is totally commited to uplifting the life of citizen of his state.
i agree with all the 5 gov. they are equally great.

23 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Drunk: 2:11am On Jun 03, 2013
Late Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa (His legacies/projects still being carried out) by Gov. Mukhtar Ramalan Yero of Kaduna State

9 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by NwaTeacher1: 2:13am On Jun 03, 2013
Rochas Okorocha should be the first in that list. Judging that he has stayed on 2 years in office to oda governors who has stayed a minimum of 6 years but the transformation agenda of this man is exergerated. Go to imo state and see by yourself. Only 2 years in office

70 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by dabrake(m): 2:15am On Jun 03, 2013
who put peter obi name for that list?

16 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by garydana001: 2:17am On Jun 03, 2013
WHY IS gOV, ROCHAS OKOROCHA NOT LISTED HERE? THIS POST IS THE LIKES OF YORUBA CAMPAIGN TEAM, I STAND NOT TO BE CORRECTED.

30 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by CrimzP(m): 2:18am On Jun 03, 2013
Missonas: Nos 2,3 and 5 are verified!

No 1 has totally transformed Akwa Ibom state. You should have added him as verified.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 2:26am On Jun 03, 2013
That list isn't complete without Rochas in it.

14 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by fr3do(m): 2:31am On Jun 03, 2013
garydana001: WHY IS gOV, ROCHAS OKOROCHA NOT LISTED HERE? THIS POST IS THE LIKES OF YORUBA CAMPAIGN TEAM, I STAND NOT TO BE CORRECTED.

seriously?
But only one SW gov. is there

13 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Babosa: 2:32am On Jun 03, 2013
Owelle Rochas Okorocha of Imo State is doing wonders in that state. He slashed his own security vote and used the money to fund education.

22 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by xynerise: 2:33am On Jun 03, 2013
Is either Rochas Okorocha on that list or I quit Nairaland

34 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Mopolchi: 2:47am On Jun 03, 2013
dabrake: who put peter obi name for that list?
grin
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by CROWE: 2:50am On Jun 03, 2013
Being a governor must be one of the worst jobs for someone who isn't a glorified crook to do, you get all the judgement and none of the power, because the presidency has cornered your share of it.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Feedmemore(f): 2:54am On Jun 03, 2013
Out of all the state Governors in Nigeria only "5" are doing well. Hmmm...what does that tell you about the country as a whole.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 2:56am On Jun 03, 2013
I haven't been to Nigeria for years but I'm seeing and hearing of Chime Sullivan a lot. Is it just propaganda or is he really a good governor?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by koruji(m): 2:58am On Jun 03, 2013
Hihihi....
But seriously there is much power left in the hand of governors, but your observation is right especially on security.
The GEJ presidency is so bold as to try to "steal" state projects as their own.

CROWÉ: Being a governor must be one of the worst jobs for someone who isn't a glorified crook to do, you get all the judgement and none of the power, because the presidency has cornered your share of it.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by koruji(m): 2:59am On Jun 03, 2013
This pretentious Ikengawo...

Ikengawo: I haven't been to Nigeria for years but I'm seeing and hearing of Chime Sullivan a lot. Is it just propaganda or is he really a good governor?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by crixusmillz(m): 3:00am On Jun 03, 2013
So Grossly Incorrect a Poll! Only 3 Governors are deservin of such accolade; Gov. Amaechi,Fashola and Oshiomole...Akpabiolom and Obite my saliva!

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by muut2: 3:03am On Jun 03, 2013
Rochas Okorocha and Rauf Aregbeshola should be added to the verified list
Missonas: Nos 2,3 and 5 are verified!

7 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Oldnyoung: 3:11am On Jun 03, 2013
cnnamoko: After Naija numerous missionary journeys, these outstanding governors are determined to turn things around in Nigeria. or What do you think?
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State.
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers
4. Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra state
5. Gov. Adams Oshiomole of Edo
Akpabio has really performed n deserve a listing for both evil n semblance of good, Let me simplify with these points:
1. Akwa ibom witnessed the highest number of political killings under his watch
2. He is a seasoned election rigger that tolerates no opposition
3. He deserves an award for weakening n eventually splitting d govs forum
4. Has d highest security vote in d country
5. Divides AKS along ethnic lines. A split that causes enmity even at d grassroots
6. Build n refurbish roads using Julius Berger as conduit
7. Award all major contracts to his immediate brothers n d wife's siblings
8. A state where 90% of the citizens are hungry n very poor
9. No respect for other arms of govt like judiciary n legislature. He even rubbished a serving senator by virtually recalling him over the media n appointing him a campaign mgr without the mans knowledge
10. No even Dev in AKS. Take a tour outside Uyo and Ikot Ekpene senatorial district, then the list will be fine tuned.
11. Lastly, he encourages cultism in the state. All his PAs and commissioners are known cultists.
Don't remove the name. Don't. Don't .... ...................

24 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 03, 2013
Garri the 1st: Ok. That's ur opinion..

I agree with only 3 names on your list.

cool cool cool

Verified in what sense? That they are in the opposition? Oh! just in case u mention Amaechi he is of course currently the hand tool of the opposition. Meanwhile , I expect everyone here to give names of governors with example of tangible project completed

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:18am On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: I haven't been to Nigeria for years but I'm seeing and hearing of Chime Sullivan a lot. Is it just propaganda or is he really a good governor?

LOL. That's probably because he's usually dead, dying, or missing.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Diasporan(m): 3:21am On Jun 03, 2013
Oldnyoung:
Akpabio has really performed n deserve a listing for both evil n semblance of good, Let me simplify with these points:
1. Akwa ibom witnessed the highest number of political killings under his watch
2. He is a seasoned election rigger that tolerates no opposition
3. He deserves an award for weakening n eventually splitting d govs forum
4. Has d highest security vote in d country
5. Divides AKS along ethnic lines. A split that causes enmity even at d grassroots
6. Build n refurbish roads using Julius Berger as conduit
7. Award all major contracts to his immediate brothers n d wife's siblings
8. A state where 90% of the citizens are hungry n very poor
9. No respect for other arms of govt like judiciary n legislature. He even rubbished a serving senator by virtually recalling him over the media n appointing him a campaign mgr without the mans knowledge
10. No even Dev in AKS. Take a tour outside Uyo and Ikot Ekpene senatorial district, then the list will be fine tuned.
11. Lastly, he encourages cultism in the state. All his PAs and commissioners are known cultists.
Don't remove the name. Don't. Don't .... ...................
Have you taken your medication?Better stop smoking that crack so as for your brain to heal fast

7 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by cjrane: 3:36am On Jun 03, 2013
fr3do:

seriously?
But only one SW gov. is there
Didn't see any SW gov. there. I only saw Lagos gov. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 03, 2013
dabrake: who put peter obi name for that list?
I thought I was seeing double undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Labaran Maku Governorship Campaign (PHOTO) / Aisha Buhari's Brief Profile In Picture / Buhari Hosts Physically-challenged Nigerians, Serves Them Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.